Forum Settings
Forums

The social position in the society that you are scared of the most?

New
Jan 12, 2014 5:41 PM

Apr 2012
Exactly what the title says.

For example, you can be scared of police (if you have commited crimes), doctors (if you often get sick), or maybe even teachers (if you dislike studying).

------------------------

For me, it's forum mods, cuz they tend to lock my threads.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 12, 2014 5:42 PM

Nov 2013
Forum mod isnt position in society :/
Jan 12, 2014 5:42 PM

Dec 2010
Extremists.

You don't know what they fuck they'll do for their religious causes.

Jan 12, 2014 5:43 PM

Dec 2012
Soccer moms
Jan 12, 2014 5:45 PM

Sep 2012
If you get sick often, why the fuck would you be scared of doctors? What?
Jan 12, 2014 5:47 PM

Oct 2013
Red_Keys said:

People are afraid of getting told they have cancer
Jan 12, 2014 5:47 PM

Nov 2013
Red_Keys said:

They look scary when you're sick :/
Jan 12, 2014 5:49 PM

Apr 2013
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Red_Keys said:

then they would be afraid of getting cancer not afraid of doctors.
an egomaniac and a fool

Jan 12, 2014 5:49 PM

Aug 2013
Probably the police.

People in power tend to scare me. Also, very religious people unsettle me.
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Jan 12, 2014 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
Emnay said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Red_Keys said:

The doctors are the ones that confirm it.
Jan 12, 2014 5:51 PM

Apr 2013
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Emnay said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Red_Keys said:

If you're afraid of doctors because they diagnose you then that's fucking retarded
an egomaniac and a fool

Jan 12, 2014 5:53 PM

Apr 2013
Mogu-sama said:
Also, very religious people unsettle me.

^this

I think I am most scared of teachers, as failing in school right now is my biggest nightmare.

I have a friend who seems to be scared of the NSA as he always complains about them violating privacy. Probably has something to hide.
Jan 12, 2014 5:54 PM

Oct 2013
Emnay said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Emnay said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Red_Keys said:

If you're afraid of doctors because they diagnose you then that's fucking retarded

Your post is......look it tends to be old people who feel this way. You would understand what people like my grandma felt when you get that age.

Dec 2012
Emnay said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Emnay said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Red_Keys said:

It's not really an uncommon fear. A lot of kids are scared of dentists/doctors, some just don't grow out of it. Or maybe at least the things they do. (needles, sharp objects in mouth, etc)

Apr 2013
Emnay said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Emnay said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Red_Keys said:

Not really. Like how about when you don't wear your retainer and you might or might not have to get braces again? You don't want to find out the truth. It's the same as being scared of a test result
Jan 12, 2014 5:55 PM

Apr 2013
Cupquake said:

Not really. Like how about when you don't wear your retainer and you might or might not have to get braces again? You don't want to find out the truth. It's the same as being scared of a test result
Then that's being afraid of getting braces again.
That's being afraid of how well you did on a test, you wouldn't be afraid of the teacher who gave you the test unless you're like dumb or something.
an egomaniac and a fool

Jan 12, 2014 5:56 PM

Sep 2012
MAL feels extraordinarily brain-dead today.
Jan 12, 2014 5:56 PM

Apr 2013
Emnay said:
Cupquake said:

Then that's being afraid of getting braces again.
That's being afraid of how well you did on a test, you wouldn't be afraid of the teacher who gave you the test unless you're like dumb or something.

The fear transfers to the teacher. Heck, I've been scared to go to class or even school because I thought I did shit on a chem test.
Jan 12, 2014 5:59 PM

Oct 2013
Red_Keys said:

Care to explain? It feels like it did the past 3 days I have been posting.
Jan 12, 2014 6:00 PM

Sep 2012
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Red_Keys said:

That's no coincidence.
Jan 12, 2014 6:01 PM

Apr 2013
Red_Keys said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Red_Keys said:

That's no coincidence.

Average IQ of the mal community? Throw out a guess
Jan 12, 2014 6:26 PM

Dec 2013
Red_Keys said:

Share some examples.
Jan 12, 2014 6:27 PM

Oct 2013
I already asked that. He just tried to troll me implying that I was the reason and hopped offline in a hurry :P
Jan 12, 2014 6:28 PM

Sep 2012
Religious and scientific extremists.

I literally don't want to be anywhere near them ever. Having views being shoved down your throat because THEY SAID IT IS SO is never ever fun.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jan 12, 2014 6:43 PM

Sep 2013
Republicans.
"Nice" guys who wear fedoras.
Ratchet and/or edgy teenagers.
Religious nuts.
Social justice/feminist extremists.
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.
Jan 12, 2014 6:59 PM

Jul 2011
Korrvo said:

I literally don't want to be anywhere near them ever. Having views being shoved down your throat because THEY SAID IT IS SO is never ever fun.

Scientific extremists is an oxymoron. I can empathize feeling uneasy when subjected to views that are not based on evidence, but at the same time I dislike people who feel they are entitled to their opinion on matters where their opinion is blatantly wrong.
Jan 12, 2014 7:06 PM

Mar 2011
Criminals.
Jan 12, 2014 7:12 PM

Sep 2012
in said:
Korrvo said:

Scientific extremists is an oxymoron. I can empathize feeling uneasy when subjected to views that are not based on evidence, but at the same time I dislike people who feel they are entitled to their opinion on matters where their opinion is blatantly wrong.
Ladies and gentlemen!

I present to you all example A of a scientific extremist.^

How could he be wrong? He has EVIDENCE, and they don't! The other people's beliefs are simply based off of something that can't be proven (even though he will hardheadedly refuse to admit their hypocrisy in saying that), therefore the opinion that they practically govern your life with is meant for retards.

Why? Because seeing things with your eyes is the end-all be-all, and those who deny that, deny logic.

-every self-imposing atheist ever

You are literally no more poison than the close-minded religious people who blindly follow their religion and plug their ears to scientific facts, which makes their religion look like some kind of a joke.

Both of these type of people need to learn their damn place and learn what the hell an opinion is.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jan 12, 2014 7:16 PM

Dec 2013
Korrvo said:
in said:
Korrvo said:

Ladies and gentlemen!

How could he be wrong? He has EVIDENCE, and they don't! The other people's beliefs are simply based off of something that can't be proven (even though he will hardheadedly refuse to admit their hypocrisy in saying that), therefore the opinion that they practically govern your life with is meant for retards.

Why? Because seeing things with your eyes is the end-all be-all, and those who deny that, deny logic.

You are literally no more poison than the close-minded religious people who blindly follow their religion and plug their ears to scientific facts, which makes their religion look like some kind of a joke.

Both of these type of people need to learn their damn place and learn what the hell an opinion is.

+1

As for the question I don't know, I'd have to be given a list of all the possible social positions they have in mind.
Jan 12, 2014 7:19 PM

Apr 2012
oh god this is turning into another brainless atheist/religion thread

Jan 12, 2014 7:25 PM

Jul 2011
Korrvo said:
in said:
Korrvo said:

Ladies and gentlemen!

You are literally no more poison than the close-minded religious people who blindly follow their religion and plug their ears to science. Both of you type of people need to learn your damn place.

I don't understand why you are getting so riled up. I never once brought up religion. The idea that "Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I should respect it regardless of the context'' is ludicrous. If someone makes it their opinion that evolution isn't real or climate change isn't a serious issue, then of course I will call them out on it. I don't really care what a person personally believes in, but if they make it their prerogative to spout that ignorance onto their children or society, then it becomes an issue I care about.

Besides what are you so damn afraid of, a healthy discussion of ideas with evaluating the evidence can only need to innovation and improvement. Are you worried about something petty like your feelings getting hurt?
Jan 12, 2014 7:28 PM

Sep 2012
in said:

I don't understand why you are getting so riled up. I never once brought up religion. The idea that "Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I should respect it regardless of the context'' is ludicrous. If someone makes it their opinion that evolution isn't real or climate change isn't a serious issue, then of course I will call them out on it. I don't really care what a person personally believes in, but if they make it their prerogative to spout that ignorance onto their children or society, then it becomes an issue I care about.

Besides what are you so damn afraid of, a healthy discussion of ideas with evaluating the evidence can only need to innovation and improvement. Are you worried about something petty like your feelings getting hurt?
Oh, I'm not riled, but your post brought up a good example opportunity on a passionate topic of mine and I abused that. Mb if that came off as me looking to pick a fight, so please keep on with your hypocritical extremist ways, as I have no intention of picking fights with immovable brick walls. Experience tells me I know better than that.
Jan 12, 2014 7:33 PM

Jul 2011
Korrvo said:
in said:

Oh, I'm not riled, but your post brought up a good example opportunity on a passionate topic of mine and I abused that. Mb if that came off as me looking to pick a fight, so please keep on with your hypocritical extremist ways, as I have no intention of picking fights with immovable brick walls. Experience tells me I know better than that.

I fail to see what is so hypocritical or extremist about making sensible decisions based on evidence. You may argue that the evidence is flawed or lacking, but rejecting it outright without even considering is being like the immovable brick wall you so eloquently described. It seems like you dislike being told you're wrong when you are wrong. Face it when you are wrong, you are wrong, there is no maybe about it. I've been wrong on many things myself. That's the great thing about science -- you can learn from your errors.
Jan 12, 2014 7:51 PM

Jul 2013
basically women
Jan 12, 2014 7:52 PM

Dec 2013
Axlicious said:
basically women

+1

I think it's how you make those decisions based on evidence that makes you a hypocrite or not. From what I read it seems there are different levels of wrong. Even if the evidence isn't correct, if it posses less errors it's superior to others. Which isn't true because it* still isn't correct and isn't free of error.
AstrosJan 12, 2014 7:58 PM
Jan 12, 2014 8:25 PM

Jul 2012
cops, without a doubt. i used to be a habitual (read: every day) law breaker, but even now i'm paranoid for no reason!
Jan 12, 2014 8:30 PM

Nov 2011
Otakus, cuz if I ever have children I don't want them to get close to some of them.
Jaguer91Jan 12, 2014 8:39 PM
I luv u
Jan 12, 2014 8:38 PM

Apr 2013
[
in said:

>opinion
>blatantly wrong
what
an egomaniac and a fool

Jan 12, 2014 8:44 PM

Sep 2012
Astros477 said:
Axlicious said:
basically women

+1

I think it's how you make those decisions based on evidence that makes you a hypocrite or not. From what I read it seems there are different levels of wrong. Even if the evidence isn't correct, if it posses less errors it's superior to others. Which isn't true because it* still isn't correct and isn't free of error.
+1

A theory is a theory, nothing more, and just because it's your theory doesn't mean it's any more right than another theory, whether it be based off religion or science.

Unfortunately, not a lot of people realize this, and that's where the extremists come in.
Jan 12, 2014 9:10 PM

Jul 2011
Emnay said:
[
in said:

>opinion
>blatantly wrong
what

Reading comprehension helps here. Pay close attention to the words "...on matters where". I am not making the claim "all opinions are blatantly wrong".

Korrvo said:
A theory is a theory, nothing more, and just because it's your theory doesn't mean it's any more right than another theory, whether it be based off religion or science.

Unfortunately, not a lot of people realize this, and that's where the extremists come in.

I hope you don't consider me an extremist for wholeheartedly believing in evolution. Theories in other disciplines may be considered as "guesses" or "hunches", but in science theories are explanations that are based on evidence and facts, and have been tested in many ways.

That being said, science does not concern itself with statements that aren't falsifiable. If you asked me "Is there life after we die?", I am not going to claim my view on the matter is correct. However, if you are going to argue that putting sodium in water won't cause an explosive reaction because it's your theory and you can't make sense of something like that happening, then you will be wrong. We can easily test something like that by putting sodium in water, and if you've ever taken a chemistry course you can explain it on the molecular level as well. Seems like there is a deep-rooted misunderstanding of what science is and the types of questions it seeks to answer.
Jan 12, 2014 9:14 PM

Apr 2012
Cupquake said:
Red_Keys said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Red_Keys said:

That's no coincidence.

Average IQ of the mal community? Throw out a guess
115, 15IQ above average.

congrats on 10000 posts Red_Keys
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 12, 2014 9:38 PM

Nov 2012
Daconator said:
It's not his theory or "just a theory". It's a scientific theory. In science, theory is the last stage for an idea, it can't go beyond. In scientific terms, you posting on MAL is a theory. There is the theory you post here, for instance the quote above. Likewise, in science there is the Theory of Evolution.

*Sigh* We really ought to just come up with a new term for it. I like the word "truth" better. Then we can call it "The Truth of Evolution by Natural Selection", "The Big Bang Truth", "The General Truth of Relativity", and my personal favorite, "The Germ Truth of Disease". I think it sounds a lot more accurate and gives a proper kick in the face to semantics con men that keep abusing terms and misleading people about the confidence in our scientific knowledge. :P
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Jan 12, 2014 9:41 PM

Apr 2013
in said:
Emnay said:
[
in said:

>opinion
>blatantly wrong
what

Reading comprehension helps here. Pay close attention to the words "...on matters where". I am not making the claim "all opinions are blatantly wrong".
You can't prove opinion wrong. If you can then it isn't an opinion.
an egomaniac and a fool

Jan 12, 2014 9:45 PM

May 2013
dentists. they are out of control.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jan 12, 2014 9:48 PM

Jun 2010
Psychopaths.
Jan 12, 2014 9:48 PM

Nov 2008
Government, they are always up to no good and they are taking away or trying to take away everything that's fun and cool about their respective nations, cities, etc.

Jan 12, 2014 9:50 PM

Nov 2008
Jaguer91 said:
Otakus, cuz if I ever have children I don't want them to get close to some of them.

Otaku are mostly harmless though and it depends on what kind you're dealing with.

Jan 12, 2014 9:54 PM

Aug 2013
Emnay said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Red_Keys said:

Search up Latrophobia.
Jan 12, 2014 9:55 PM

Jul 2011
Emnay said:
in said:
Emnay said:
[
in said:

>opinion
>blatantly wrong
what

You can't prove opinion wrong. If you can then it isn't an opinion.

I don't want to play games in semantics, but an opinion is just a view or judgement formed about something. It is possible to have opinions that are incorrect.
Jan 12, 2014 10:04 PM

Sep 2012
in said:
I hope you don't consider me an extremist for wholeheartedly believing in evolution.
Just to clarify, not that Im going to bother arguing with you over it, but wholeheartedly believing in something does not make you an extremist in itself.

What makes you an extremist is acting like your opinion will be the only one correct ever and anyone else is a moron, as well as forcing that opinion on other people. In that way, you're not just an extremist, but a close-minded egotist.

Also known as the poison of society and the starter of many quarrels between people that shouldnt be there in the first place.

Hmmm...

Daconator said:

It's not his theory or "just a theory". It's a scientific theory. In science, theory is the last stage for an idea, it can't go beyond. In scientific terms, you posting on MAL is a theory. There is the theory you post here, for instance the quote above. Likewise, in science there is the Theory of Evolution.
Ya dont gotta get all literal on me like that, gezz.

Im not refering to scientific theories, just theories, but im basically using it as a replacement word for opinion here, as in it's his opinion that other people's opinion about say... the creation of the world is wrong, but his is right. That kind of stuff.
KorrvoJan 12, 2014 10:07 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Fav "D"?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 23

31 by _YaoiShotaIncest »»
8 minutes ago

» What are you doing right now?

Taiyaa - Apr 5

48 by Azuchi »»
21 minutes ago

» Do your dress nice? ( 1 2 )

PopArt - Jul 6, 2023

75 by Azuchi »»
22 minutes ago

» Vaping

Rivermind - Oct 30, 2023

33 by z0idberger »»
1 hour ago

» do u guys have friends irl? ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Nov 7, 2023

108 by 707supremacist »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.