Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 3, 2013 1:31 AM

May 2011
well, comparing to the manga, the anime is somehow for kids and way far from the manga's violence level, there's no bloody fighting, there's no blood
the manga's fighting making Fairy Tail an impressive anime but the studio don't even want to add blood, back to the anime, i haven't yet to see one drop of blood came out from any moth, man! Erza cut Azuma's body then a water came form his body (covered blood)
so what's your opinion ?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 4, 2013 8:36 PM

Apr 2013
I think its the time slot for Fairy Tail. Saturday mornings, not much of a good time for blood. I don't know... Maybe some blood would be appropriate but the gore must be handled well.

Aug 4, 2013 8:38 PM

Nov 2011
How boring and unreal is a fighting without blood.
I luv u
Aug 4, 2013 8:43 PM

Sep 2008
We need blooood..
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Aug 4, 2013 8:55 PM

Oct 2008
I'm going to be the devil's advocate of the thread and say that whether or not blood would add anything to Fairy Tail would make little to no difference to me. As far as I can tell, the level of violence is the very least of of larger problems with the Fairy Tail story. The show could be as violent as Claymore for all I care. The bigger problem I see is the cast of protagonists and antagonists and how there's not much depth to them in terms of their motivations and behavior.
Aug 4, 2013 8:58 PM

Aug 2012
Don't care if it has blood or not. I didn't even notice there weren't any until someone mentioned about it.
Aug 4, 2013 10:41 PM

Nov 2010
Hypeathon said:
I'm going to be the devil's advocate of the thread and say that whether or not blood would add anything to Fairy Tail would make little to no difference to me. As far as I can tell, the level of violence is the very least of of larger problems with the Fairy Tail story. The show could be as violent as Claymore for all I care. The bigger problem I see is the cast of protagonists and antagonists and how there's not much depth to them in terms of their motivations and behavior.
I agree, it wouldn't do much.

It might actually lower it's popularity because of the timeslot it's in. Fairy Tail's fights aren't that good, I rarely see a spot where I'm like there should be blood there. Of course part of that is because of how the anime changes things.
Aug 6, 2013 5:47 AM

May 2011
Hypeathon said:

well, the blood won't make difference but even if they didn't add the blood, the lack of violence problem remains, i feel bored every time when i see someone fighting unless it wasn't an important one, i mean that fights in the manga more violence and more attractive then the anime
i only want to see some blood coming from someone's mouth when he get a punch on the face
Aug 6, 2013 5:50 AM

Jun 2013
All fighting based anime's need blood.
Aug 6, 2013 7:20 AM

Aug 2013
Blood would definitely add to this show I would say.
Aug 7, 2013 6:53 AM

Dec 2007
Satan-sama said:
Hypeathon said:

well, the blood won't make difference but even if they didn't add the blood, the lack of violence problem remains, i feel bored every time when i see someone fighting unless it wasn't an important one, i mean that fights in the manga more violence and more attractive then the anime
i only want to see some blood coming from someone's mouth when he get a punch on the face

This sounds so creepy to me. Something is very wrong with this generation.
I'm not opposed to the idea but who cares if there is blood or not? The violence is all fictional in the first place. I did find it odd that they removed blood from the anime when it was present in the manga, but I'm over it already.
Aug 8, 2013 3:38 PM
Aug 2011
Having blood or no blood is the least of your problems, the overall animation could use some work.

The only studio I would gladly boast about when it comes to long running shonen would be Madhouse with HxH.
Aug 8, 2013 3:41 PM

Nov 2012
nah fan service is all we need. Lol these people that rate anime lower because of things like this.
Aug 10, 2013 5:04 PM
Mar 2009
We really need blood , the fights are un-realistic...but i'm not a blood fanatic , if it doesn't have , ok..
Aug 12, 2013 1:47 PM

May 2011
there's no Violence if there's no blood, this is my point of view
try to imagine anime like shingeki no kyojin without blood, you just can't remove the blood becouse if you did, the animation will be weird
anime+blood=violence
anime=crap XD
so violence without blood is nothing
Aug 13, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2013
Satan-sama said:
try to imagine anime like shingeki no kyojin without blood, you just can't remove the blood becouse if you did, the animation will be weird
anime+blood=violence
anime=crap XD

So you are basically saying that if I would strangle someone to death it wouldn't be considered violence because there is no blood?

Also anime being violent or not doesn't have anything to do with it being good or not.
YamiNoOkamiAug 13, 2013 3:53 PM
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Aug 13, 2013 8:26 PM

May 2011
wukp said:
Satan-sama said:
anime+blood=violence
anime=crap XD

So you are basically saying that if I would strangle someone to death it wouldn't be considered violence because there is no blood?

Also anime being violent or not doesn't have anything to do with it being good or not.

anime without violence doesn't consider as a shounen but I'm talking about Fairy Tail and not in general
i understand that the violence is not an average to tell whether this anime is a good or bad because there's tons of good anime that don't have any violence (well, i don't really know any of it) but it exist
but fairy tail is a shounen and the violence is something important and as i said there's no violence if there's no blood
Aug 13, 2013 9:44 PM

Jan 2013
Satan-sama said:
wukp said:
Satan-sama said:
anime+blood=violence
anime=crap XD

anime without violence doesn't consider as a shounen but I'm talking about Fairy Tail and not in general
i understand that the violence is not an average to tell whether this anime is a good or bad because there's tons of good anime that don't have any violence (well, i don't really know any of it) but it exist
but fairy tail is a shounen and the violence is something important and as i said there's no violence if there's no blood

Didn't you read first line in my post?

Aug 14, 2013 3:12 PM

May 2011
wukp said:
Satan-sama said:
wukp said:
Satan-sama said:
anime+blood=violence
anime=crap XD

where's the violence in that ? the violence means to crash someone's skull to death or to cut him into small pieces, well, there's no anime contain that and i don't want to see that and i DO want to see blood, i don't request something hard to do
hay, it's a shounen anime that based on fighting and there's no blood added, it sounds like a joke :/
Aug 14, 2013 3:22 PM

Jan 2013
Satan-sama said:
wukp said:
Satan-sama said:
wukp said:
Satan-sama said:
anime+blood=violence
anime=crap XD

where's the violence in that ? the violence means to crash someone's skull to death or to cut him into small pieces, well, there's no anime contain that and i don't want to see that and i DO want to see blood, i don't request something hard to do
hay, it's a shounen anime that based on fighting and there's no blood added, it sounds like a joke :/

I think you are mixing violence with brutality.

Aug 14, 2013 4:38 PM

May 2011
wukp said:
Satan-sama said:
wukp said:
Satan-sama said:
wukp said:
Satan-sama said:
anime+blood=violence
anime=crap XD

I think you are mixing violence with brutality.

no i don't ;) i was just giving examples about the violence levels and i'm saying that Fairy Tail is at the 0th level :/ in broad terms, Fairy Tail is not a good fighting anime, it's more to be a romance for shity kids but the manga is something different
Aug 14, 2013 4:51 PM

Jan 2013

It is interesting that despite all your complains you still have Fairy Tail in your favorites :) .

Aug 14, 2013 4:55 PM

Nov 2012
It would be better if they didn't censor it ridiculously, like in the fight of Grey and Ultear when she stabbed him with ice(?) he started bleeding rainbow.
Aug 14, 2013 5:01 PM

May 2011
wukp said:

It is interesting that despite all your complains you still have Fairy Tail in your favorites :) .

that was embarrassing XD
i love the manga and i never said that i hate the show but i was complaining about the lack of blood and the violence and that the manga is way better then then anime is :/ and this is bothering me
i like fairy tail but i don't want to see more creepy fights so if that continued i'll drop the anime :/ and remove it from my favorite list
Aug 19, 2013 8:29 PM
Jul 2013
Guys, this whole conversation made me think.............. People say the original is always better and it's true. Just congratulate the producer for not turning that addicting and amazing manga into something like My Little Pony. Yeah, I know...... Terrible, terrible thought.
You may think the grass is greener on the other side, but if you take your time to water your own grass, it would be just as green.
Aug 20, 2013 6:40 AM

Jan 2013
Adding blood would be more great for both the show and audience, i mean... its an action anime.

I use to have a life until anime cames to my life[s/]
Aug 22, 2013 10:40 PM

Jul 2013
Hiryu12 said:
I think its the time slot for Fairy Tail. Saturday mornings, not much of a good time for blood. I don't know... Maybe some blood would be appropriate but the gore must be handled well.

I heard that Hunter x Hunter airs in the mornings as well, and that show is fucking brutal.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2013 3:34 PM
Feb 2013
Wow, just wow...

I don't remember seeing any blood in One Piece either (except from Sanji's nose when he sees women). At least not more than Fairy Tail.
Both are considered Shounen, and one of them is over a decade old and still ongoing!

To ridicule it even more...
I don't remember blood when pokemon were killing each other over and over again in each episode! We should add blood to Pokemon!!!

Start watching something else, and stop wasting our time
Aug 26, 2013 7:16 AM

Feb 2011
Meh, I really don't mind if there's blood or not.

If the anime will be as good as it always was, I have no problems.
Aug 26, 2013 7:18 PM

Mar 2013
morshuwarrior said:
Meh, I really don't mind if there's blood or not.

If the anime will be as good as it always was, I have no problems.

Same here.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Aug 26, 2013 8:35 PM
Oct 2008
What would be the point of blood when the fight-scenes look uninspired, bland and usually end in the same way.

FT is a good manga, Yet a huge disappointment as an anime.
Aug 27, 2013 2:52 AM

Jun 2013
Fairy Tail will be much greater with bloods in it.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Aug 27, 2013 6:48 PM
Aug 2009
I wouldn't care if it has blood or not. Not a concern for me.

However: I don't know if the manga has blood... but if it does then I change my answer to YES just because the manga has it.
Aug 27, 2013 11:09 PM

Nov 2011
I like how all you cuties think that making something bloody makes it more mature and deep.

FT is fine the way it is and what do you mean the manga has blood? No, it doesn't. It has a little, but not really much more than the anime.

Really. Why do you want to change the very nature of a show? If you want blood, go watch something with blood. I don't want blood in my cute-stupid-happy-adventures-and-ridiculous-comedy-and-more-romance-than-your-average-shounen animu. I watch FT to relax and have fun. If I wanted something serious, I would watch a different series. I suggest the same for the rest of you.
AmberlehAug 27, 2013 11:12 PM
Sep 1, 2013 11:41 PM
Feb 2013
Amberleh said:
I like how all you cuties think that making something bloody makes it more mature and deep.

FT is fine the way it is and what do you mean the manga has blood? No, it doesn't. It has a little, but not really much more than the anime.

Really. Why do you want to change the very nature of a show? If you want blood, go watch something with blood. I don't want blood in my cute-stupid-happy-adventures-and-ridiculous-comedy-and-more-romance-than-your-average-shounen animu. I watch FT to relax and have fun. If I wanted something serious, I would watch a different series. I suggest the same for the rest of you.

This. Everything.
Sep 1, 2013 11:42 PM

May 2012
IceColdLemons said:
All fighting based anime's need blood.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Sep 7, 2013 2:18 AM

Jul 2013
What is the point of watching a shonen then complaining about it not being mature enough?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2013 1:17 PM

May 2011
kaluranda said:
Wow, just wow...

I don't remember seeing any blood in One Piece either (except from Sanji's nose when he sees women). At least not more than Fairy Tail.
Both are considered Shounen, and one of them is over a decade old and still ongoing!

To ridicule it even more...
I don't remember blood when pokemon were killing each other over and over again in each episode! We should add blood to Pokemon!!!

Start watching something else, and stop wasting our time

One Piece isn't gore but there's a huge difference between it and FT, don't make them in the same level, Toei studios are adding blood to one piece when it's required to.. but Production I.G studios are prohibited from adding blood to FT,,
and YES, you won't see any bloody scenes in Pokemon because you don't want the kids to face nightmares in this young age,,

Amberleh said:

you're right, but you're talking in general.. i mean you're right and wrong in the same time, and i'll be happy to explain how i see it
it's true the who loves gore should go and watch something like Gantz...etc
goddamn! i can't explain that
i'll tell you an example
hunterXhunter 2011 (the remake), you know that HXH the original work (the manga) is very violent and the moment that MadHouse released the first episode of hxh, many people criticize it and dropped the show, and the reason was the lack of blood so as the violent but when Production I.G released the first episode of Kuroko no Basket (as example) no one complain about it because it was exactly like the manga was, this
i want FT to be exactly like the manga is.. if the manga was lacking the blood so i won't complain but the manga is violent and i won't stop complain until the anime reaches the same level
Sep 14, 2013 3:24 PM

Nov 2011
You act like FT has fountains of blood in the manga. It really doesn't. Feel free to link me chapters/pages (prior to the anime cut off point) where actual blood, other than smears and scratches, actually appears in the manga and does not appear in the anime. I'm sure there's SOME, but I doubt it's very much at all.

Wait... Wait, what is THIS I SEE?!

Surprise surprise. Satan-sama, Fairy Tail isn't even on your manga list. So clearly you don't know what you're talking about.
AmberlehSep 14, 2013 5:26 PM
Sep 15, 2013 2:14 PM

Jun 2012
Amberleh said:
You act like FT has fountains of blood in the manga. It really doesn't. Feel free to link me chapters/pages (prior to the anime cut off point) where actual blood, other than smears and scratches, actually appears in the manga and does not appear in the anime. I'm sure there's SOME, but I doubt it's very much at all.

I can't believe the garbage that you are spewing from your hands to your keyboard...

Can you tell me what happen to Makarov when he got pierced/impaled by Hades in the anime? His wound? Oh, there was nothing that's right.

Amberleh said:
Really. Why do you want to change the very nature of a show? If you want blood, go watch something with blood.

You are talking about the nature of the show? It's nature should have blood. If it's different than the manga than it's nature is wrong. If you want "cute-stupid-happy-adventures-and-ridiculous-comedy-and-more-romance-than-your-average-shounen animu" go watch "Inazuma 11". Why do you think the show got canceled in the first place, bad ratings, comes from censoring, fillers and bad animation which are things that fans hate(excluding you it seems), if the large fan base(fan of the manga) loses interest for the show it will get axed sooner or later. I bet that if the next project gets a "late" time slot and gets blood in it, the ratings will increase for sure, because it's the only thing that is keeping it to be equal to the masterpiece(manga).

Amberleh said:
Surprise surprise. Satan-sama, Fairy Tail isn't even on your manga list. So clearly you don't know what you're talking about.

Surprise surprise, for someone who doesn't know what his talking about, clearly he sure makes more sense than you.
SnaitaSep 15, 2013 2:33 PM
Sep 15, 2013 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, that really isn't that much blood. A little splatter from a wound. You guys are acting like there's fountains of blood and there just... isn't.

I just don't get why blood is so important to some people. I honestly don't care if that meager amount of blood was added, because like I said it really isn't much at all, but I also don't get why it's such a big deal to all of you that it's added. And honestly- The idea that "BLOOD=GOOD AND DEEP" is rather silly. But, of course, that's why trash like Elfen Lied and Mirai Nikki is highly rated on this site, no?

The blood is really only a superficial visual thing. The fact that they could alter the series to not show blood without it affecting the story shows how inconsequential it is. If it's inclusion or disclusion is really THAT big of a deal to you then maybe you should re-evaluate just what it is about the series you like.

Really, it's such a meager amount of blood. Why is it THAT big of a deal to you? Realism? Does that really matter in a series that isn't meant to be taken seriously anyway?

Another thing- I love Fairy Tail to no end. Really. HUUUGE fangirl, it's not even funny, but... Don't call it a masterpiece. It's not. Not even close. It's fun and silly and highly amusing, but not good.

The REAL reason the ratings dropped, I suspect, is BECAUSE everyone tries to take it seriously when IT doesn't take itself seriously. People don't get that and I think this actually offends many fanboys. There's also Key to the Starry Heavens, which was a pretty abysmal arc (I'm re-watching it now for a fresh outlook)- While the story is decent, the characters are all out of character, the character interaction is really off, and it overall takes itself FAR more seriously than the rest of the series. I assume many people kinda gave up after this arc- Even I did for a month. Another reason, I suspect, is that it's target audience, in many cases, actually seems to be females (yes yes I know it's shounen but come on- Lucy is an insanely relatable female character, all of the females are strong emotionally and fairy well-written, there's manservice, Mermaid Heel is like something written by a feminist, etc), and most anime watchers are male. I'm not saying it's target audience ISN'T also male, but I think the fact that it is more female-oriented than the vast majority of 'battle shounen' is a turn-off to many male anime fans who are used to more 'gar' series like Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, etc.

Oh, and for the record, before anyone says "RAWR YOU JUST HATE BLOOD", I'd like to point out that this is a page from my favorite manga ever:
WARNING: SO TOTALLY NOT SAFE FOR WORK. AT ALL. BOARDERS ON GURO.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CqC4DnvOIk8/TqBP3OwztcI/AAAAAAAACf8/CstCLi7B0ns/004.jpg?imgmax=2000

I'd also like to point out that
1. This is a manga for girls and
2. This is just one of many scenes like this.

TLDR: I really don't care if they add that meager amount of blood, but it's so miniscule that I don't see why you guys are making such a hoo-ha over it.
Sep 15, 2013 5:32 PM

Apr 2013
I enjoy the series the way it is. One of my top 5. I didn't even notice there was no blood.
Sep 15, 2013 6:59 PM

Aug 2013
Amberleh said:
Really, it's such a meager amount of blood. Why is it THAT big of a deal to you? Realism? Does that really matter in a series that isn't meant to be taken seriously anyway?
While I kind of agree about the realism part. It's your opinion that the series isn't meant to be taken seriously. What they expect and take from the show is completely up to the person. Some people poke at everything and others just sit back and enjoy. Whenever I hear "it isn't meant to be taken seriously" and it's not a comedy show it's like someone's telling me that you're supposed to ignore the flaws and not seek explanations for things.

Amberleh said:
The REAL reason the ratings dropped, I suspect, is BECAUSE everyone tries to take it seriously when IT doesn't take itself seriously. People don't get that and I think this actually offends many fanboys. There's also Key to the Starry Heavens, which was a pretty abysmal arc (I'm re-watching it now for a fresh outlook)- While the story is decent, the characters are all out of character, the character interaction is really off, and it overall takes itself FAR more seriously than the rest of the series. I assume many people kinda gave up after this arc- Even I did for a month. Another reason, I suspect, is that it's target audience, in many cases, actually seems to be females (yes yes I know it's shounen but come on- Lucy is an insanely relatable female character, all of the females are strong emotionally and fairy well-written, there's manservice, Mermaid Heel is like something written by a feminist, etc), and most anime watchers are male. I'm not saying it's target audience ISN'T also male, but I think the fact that it is more female-oriented than the vast majority of 'battle shounen' is a turn-off to many male anime fans who are used to more 'gar' series like Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, etc.
Where are you getting it that Japanese people are taking it too seriously and that's why it got cancelled? The ratings dropped before the Starry Key arc. When it first started airing it actually had ok ratings, but right before Edolas(around episode 72), Fairy Tail changed timeslots from around 7:30pm on Mondays to 10:30 in the morning on Saturdays. The ratings dropped immediately and never recovered. Airing in the late afternoon on Mondays to the morning on Saturdays, sounds like it changed from prime time to children's morning cartoons, but that doesn't really match with the increasing amounts of ecchi. Anyways your reason for it being cancelled is probably connected to the reason for that change. I think it's just that Japanese people don't enjoy Fairy Tail that much, the story, arc length, characters, fights, etc. One Piece and Toriko both don't have much blood and are pretty light most of the time and they do better than fine with the ratings.
And really, females. It is a shounen that often has bikini contests. You can have Lucy since I don't see how she would be relatable to a female, but she's one of the main characters, the other is a hot blooded teenage male like in most other shounens. I don't see how the females are well written. And I think Katekyo Hitman Reborn is more popular with females than Fairy Tail, but it's not because of the female cast. The two main girls literally spend their time babysitting, doing chores, and cooking while all the guys are out fighting. It's that it has hot guys as the mains and everyone introduced is usually a hot guy. Fairy Tail isn't really like that and often has moments of ecchi(shower scenes, skimpy outfits, bikini contests, etc) targeted towards males. And One Piece probably has an equally large if not larger female following than Fairy Tail.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 15, 2013 7:49 PM

Nov 2011
Hitman Reborn is an older and more well known series as is One Piece. Yes, in terms of actual numbers they have more female fans- I was more referring to the percentage of males versus females. I'm a part of a few FT fan fiction and fan art communities and it's mostly females- Granted, in general, these communities are more dominated by females as a whole, but still. There's a pretty clear difference in the gender numbers.

As for FT being female oriented- "Sexy not sexist' is what FT is. All of the females are STRONG emotionally and physically. They are not the best written characters, but in terms of managing to be empowering they succeed quite well.

I'm a firm believer that a series can have fan service without being degrading, and FT is that very, very rare anime series that manages this. The 5th OVA of course took this over the edge with the Mavis and Wendy fanservice, (goddamned banana float) but I do like to pretend that episode does not exist. The women are not necessarily trying to impress the men with their bodies, but rather eachother. I'd also like to point out that, in scenes where Lucy does not intentionally initiate her own fan service, she is genuinely upset and distraught- whereas in most anime the girl would blush and say "~Ohhhh Noooo~~~ don't look at me *wink" or something like that. The same goes for the way she reacts when people enter her room without permission.

Cana is another good example. She gives a lot of fan service, but none of it is to impress any particular guy- She's doing it because she doesn't care about what people think of her. She's a loudmouth drunk that is mostly comfortable with herself (other than her daddy issues, which she manages to overcome with flying colors).

Mermaid Heel.. Oh Mermaid Heel. I love this guild and I am so impressed that a guild like this was in a Japanese show. Fat chick, tall skinny chick, frumpy freckled chick- All getting genuine cheers from all of Fiore. The entire audience calls them beautiful and MEANS IT. And the fat chick, despite having powers that can make her skinny, chooses to stay in her overweight form. That's a pretty powerful statement that you NEVER see in anime.

There's also the insane amount of manservice. I mean, come on- Gray's stripping habit? Natsu's wonderful shirtlessness? The reverse harem Blue Pegasus guys? Laxus? And Ichiya- I feel like Ichiya is a character geared at women because most of us have known at least one Ichiya in our lives. I've known several.

Then there's all the pairing fanservice which is very clearly there for the ladies...

I could go on, and on, and on, but I have other things to do. =) But trust me when I say that FT is a feminist friendly show and pretty female oriented, despite being an ecchi.
AmberlehSep 15, 2013 7:58 PM
Sep 16, 2013 11:13 AM

Jun 2012
The problem isn't the quantity of blood, but the fact that there isn't any. It's simple logic, if there are sword fights, punching, piercing it's bound to have blood even if only a little. No blood equals to less impact, if someone were to choose between Dragon Ball uncensored and censored(I mean heavy censor), the choice would be obvious. They would have to censor so much things that the fights would change completely, like Fairy Tail in the manga Grey gets stab by a sword through his stomach, in the anime an ice tiger comes from his back making a huge deal out of it, but it makes no sense whatsoever(one of the numerous examples), it's like they are turning a fighting anime into the Teletubbies. For lots of people it makes them want to drop the anime and stick to the manga, for the ones who don't read manga they can only stick to it thinking there is nothing better than what they have which is untrue.
Sep 17, 2013 12:59 AM

Nov 2011
I find that logic flawed, honestly.

The inclusion or disclusion of blood really doesn't change much in Fairy Tail. It doesn't make it a different series. Are you afraid of being called immature because you watch something without blood or something?

They changed Lucy Ashley's clothing too from the manga to the anime (personally, I preferred the anime version)- Does this change the series as well? It's still just a visual thing. It doesn't change the plot or the characters or the inherent nature of the show.

If people are dropping it for that reason then that's their problem and they should feel silly for it because it's REALLY superficial. Now, if they suddenly decided to start making Wendy and Mavis run around in next to nothing, or gave them even half of the fan service Lucy has (ignoring the 5th OVA here), THAT is a visual thing that would have an actual effect on the series because it changes the nature of characters.

In fact, you know what, I'll talk about the 5th OVA.

I loved the chapter for it. I really did. It was cute, it was funny, it was fun. The OVA version added a lot of things that changed the very nature of it- Wendy and Chelia on thay stupid banana float, a lot of Wendy fanservice in general, Mavis doing her stretch- In the manga, they just showed these characters splashing around, acting like cute innocent little girls. The OVA sexualized them with it's visuals. To me, a change like this to the visuals has a much more negative impact on the show than leaving out blood because it changes the way we perceive the characters. Yeah, I get you think it gives a moment less impact to not have blood and in some regards I can agree to that, but it ultimately does not change the identity of the show since there was not that much blood to begin with. For someone to drop a show over this is just silly.
Sep 17, 2013 1:01 AM

Jul 2013
So it's 16 and below demographic can be hated and banned by the children's mothers I don't think so.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Sep 17, 2013 9:27 AM

Jun 2012
Amberleh said:
I find that logic flawed, honestly.

The inclusion or disclusion of blood really doesn't change much in Fairy Tail. It doesn't make it a different series. Are you afraid of being called immature because you watch something without blood or something?

They changed Lucy Ashley's clothing too from the manga to the anime (personally, I preferred the anime version)- Does this change the series as well? It's still just a visual thing. It doesn't change the plot or the characters or the inherent nature of the show.

If people are dropping it for that reason then that's their problem and they should feel silly for it because it's REALLY superficial. Now, if they suddenly decided to start making Wendy and Mavis run around in next to nothing, or gave them even half of the fan service Lucy has (ignoring the 5th OVA here), THAT is a visual thing that would have an actual effect on the series because it changes the nature of characters.

In fact, you know what, I'll talk about the 5th OVA.

I loved the chapter for it. I really did. It was cute, it was funny, it was fun. The OVA version added a lot of things that changed the very nature of it- Wendy and Chelia on thay stupid banana float, a lot of Wendy fanservice in general, Mavis doing her stretch- In the manga, they just showed these characters splashing around, acting like cute innocent little girls. The OVA sexualized them with it's visuals. To me, a change like this to the visuals has a much more negative impact on the show than leaving out blood because it changes the way we perceive the characters. Yeah, I get you think it gives a moment less impact to not have blood and in some regards I can agree to that, but it ultimately does not change the identity of the show since there was not that much blood to begin with. For someone to drop a show over this is just silly.

So for you too much fan service is a problem that changes the nature of the show but none blood isn't? The manga has both blood and fan service, the anime only has fan service, you still don't see the problem in a fighting anime like this? There are scenes where it's suppose to think that a person is going to die, but if his pierced and there's no wound how can this make sense, all the fights look like sparring and that is not the impression that the manga gives, we are talking about anime not cartoons a certain level of realism is a must. And you are giving examples with O(riginal) V(ideo) A(nimation), in every ecchi series the Ovas always have more, let me think, echhi?
How come you tell that no blood is superficial(not a problem) and no clothing isn't in a series that whose genre are fighting and ecchi?
My logic is flawed and I'm immature? You are the one(in a topic about blood) who can't handle a nipple slip in a ecchi anime.
SnaitaSep 17, 2013 9:31 AM
Sep 17, 2013 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
I see you didn't read my post. I didn't call you immature. I am very much above petty insults towards people as I see no point in that. I said "Are you afraid of being called immature?" I DID NOT name-call. And when I said "I find that logic flawed', I was speaking more broadly, not specifically referring to you.

I don't care about ecchi. I am fully aware Fairy Tail is ecchi. I have a problem with PEDOPHILIA and LOLI FANSERVICE. I have no problem with Lucy or Erza prancing around half naked. I DO have a problem with the sexualization of a 12 year old girl (Wendy) and a girl who looks 10 (Mavis). I know women tend to have more of a problem with lolicon than young male anime fans, but come on- Surely you must understand at least a little bit why their sexualization made me sick. And yes, I used the OVA as an example because it was the best I could think of in terms of Fairy Tail.

Please read posts more carefully before getting in such a huff. I did not attempt to insult you personally, nor would I because computer screen or not you're still a human with feelings and pride. This is merely anime discussion, it is hardly something worth insulting someone ever.
AmberlehSep 17, 2013 11:27 AM
Sep 18, 2013 4:01 AM

Jun 2012
Amberleh said:
I see you didn't read my post. I didn't call you immature. I am very much above petty insults towards people as I see no point in that. I said "Are you afraid of being called immature?" I DID NOT name-call. And when I said "I find that logic flawed', I was speaking more broadly, not specifically referring to you.

I don't care about ecchi. I am fully aware Fairy Tail is ecchi. I have a problem with PEDOPHILIA and LOLI FANSERVICE. I have no problem with Lucy or Erza prancing around half naked. I DO have a problem with the sexualization of a 12 year old girl (Wendy) and a girl who looks 10 (Mavis). I know women tend to have more of a problem with lolicon than young male anime fans, but come on- Surely you must understand at least a little bit why their sexualization made me sick. And yes, I used the OVA as an example because it was the best I could think of in terms of Fairy Tail.

Please read posts more carefully before getting in such a huff. I did not attempt to insult you personally, nor would I because computer screen or not you're still a human with feelings and pride. This is merely anime discussion, it is hardly something worth insulting someone ever.

Dude my bad if I misinterpreted you and I really read your post and I see where you are coming from. But still, the topic is about blood and you are emphasizing about a character being over sexualized in an ecchi series, which unfortunately(to some people) happens a lot, to me I don't see the problem since I'm not pedophile and not into Loli(I'm not saying you call me that) so it passes right by me. Just keep in mind this is a fighting series with ecchi, sexualized 10 years old depends of your point of view and for many people this is normal, because they already saw something more worst, including me(like Haganai). How come this changes the nature of a show with ecchi? They are two characters not that relevant. Now a fighting anime without blood or wounds that is something unnatural there is no realism in it.
SnaitaSep 18, 2013 2:18 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What were that group in the weird clothes like

Remocracy - Jun 7

5 by Owlblocks »»
Yesterday, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2013

142 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 165 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2013

139 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 164 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

111 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 163 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

117 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 12:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.