Forum Settings
Forums

The internet glorifying not having friends/being forever alone?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 17, 2013 2:56 PM

Oct 2012
Diran-kun said:
Artstyle said:
Diran-kun said:
katsucats said:
I'd rather be a shut in than be outside smoking, drinking, losing my virginity at a low age and doing all sorts.
Don't lie...
To be honest, I don't want to do any of those things.

You have a really narrow view though, things are never in black and white.

@Topic: I'm a full-fledged recluse and unlike what Secondviennese and Yaoi_Keys said, I'm not rationalizing anything. It's not sad, if you can't comprehend the fact that some people prefer it this way or if you can only live your life by relying your own happiness on other world, THAT'S what is sad. As for me, spending time with other people and being on my computer are equally enjoyable, I just chose the life of a recluse because:
A. It's easier and doesn't tire you out.
B. It doesn't cost money (or inconvenience to other people).
C. It's comfortable
D. I feel like I'm learning more about myself and the world here than outside
Oh and when I'm outside, something WILL piss me off and I'd start some shit again. I seem to have this hatred for the world so it's nicer for me to be in my own shell. That said, I do feel the need to go and hang out every... 5-9 months so I do go out from time to time to get my fix of the outside world.

EDIT:
@MellowJello: You are mistaken, I became a hermit BECAUSE I was empty. It's the cause, not the effect.
It's not that I have a narrow view, it's just that when it comes to this, I know what I want. Like many others, I have witnessed these things and it's not nice. I get offered so much cigarettes each day. It really is pathetic.

So you really think that everyone who has a social life (aka 95% of the population) only drinks, smokes and parties?
Jul 17, 2013 2:57 PM

Apr 2012
That's a rather narrow point of view... But at his age that's how it is to be cool.

ACTUALLY, EVEN AT MY AGE, PEOPLE THINK THAT DRINKING IS IMPRESSIVE.

Thinking about it makes me laugh.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 17, 2013 3:00 PM

Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:
Uhm, I can buy myself about 13 PS4's with the money I currently have and can spare. (If I wanted to be a madman I would buy 17, but then I wouldn't eat or pay for the house)

Implying that buying 13 PS4 is not being a madman.
Jul 17, 2013 3:02 PM

Apr 2013
Well i don't have many friends, Only three close friends really, I don't go out much so friends don't come by too much, But i met a new one today and revisted another friend.
Jul 17, 2013 3:03 PM

Oct 2012
Immahnoob said:
That's a rather narrow point of view... But at his age that's how it is to be cool.

They find happiness in drinking, who are you to say otherwise? Who is the judge of shallow and genuine happiness but ourselves? And who has the right to say that shallow happiness is worth nothing? Hell, if some people's passion is the act of dancing, why can't the act of drinking be?

I think lowly of everyone around me, I respect a very limited set of people, I only drink when I feel like it (about twice a year) and I'm a recluse yet... I don't feel the need to 'laugh' at them, and while I don't respect them, I can definitely respect their point of view. Hell I even envy them... people who don't feel the big, gaping hole within themselves, people who want to be accepted, people who just want to go with the flow of society. I'd kill to be one.
Jul 17, 2013 3:03 PM

Apr 2012
SetsukoHara said:
Immahnoob said:
Uhm, I can buy myself about 13 PS4's with the money I currently have and can spare. (If I wanted to be a madman I would buy 17, but then I wouldn't eat or pay for the house)

Implying that buying 13 PS4 is not being a madman.

Well, I could give one to my brother, four to my two cousins and their two wives, one to my mother, one to my father, one to my aunt, one to me, none for my uncle because he's a fucking retard he tried to kill me two times.

And yeah, I'm out of important family members.

So... The rest to the people that still come visit me even if I don't go outside too much.

And one rots, you want it Setsuko?
Artstyle said:
Immahnoob said:

They find happiness in drinking, who are you to say otherwise? Who is the judge of shallow and genuine happiness but ourselves? And who has the right to say that shallow happiness is worth nothing? Hell, if some people's passion is the act of dancing, why can't the act of drinking be?

I think lowly of everyone around me, I respect a very limited set of people, I only drink when I feel like it (about twice a year) and I'm a recluse yet... I don't feel the need to 'laugh' at them, and while I don't respect them, I can definitely respect their point of view. Hell I even envy them... people who don't feel the big, gaping hole within themselves, people who want to be accepted, people who just want to go with the flow of society. I'd kill to be one.

That's quite sad. I simply think that killing yourself is stupid. It's quite of a fact that alcohol is shit for your body.

I'd rather live long to laugh at these type of people than join them and die with them at the age of 35~.

I am Immahnoob, the one and only. I can say whatever I want and I will mock anything I want. If anybody has a problem with that talk to my lawyer, I don't have one but it's okay, talk to him.

Autocrat said:
Jul 17, 2013 3:05 PM

Sep 2012
Artstyle said:
@Topic: I'm a full-fledged recluse and unlike what Secondviennese and Yaoi_Keys said, I'm not rationalizing anything.
Well, it's a subconscious process.

It's a step above denial, because with denial, you know you're lying to yourself.
Jul 17, 2013 3:07 PM

Aug 2012
Artstyle said:
@MellowJello: You are mistaken, I became a hermit BECAUSE I was empty. It's the cause, not the effect.

Hell I even envy them... people who don't feel the big, gaping hole within themselves, people who want to be accepted, people who just want to go with the flow of society. I'd kill to be one.

That made me d'aww a little.
Jul 17, 2013 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
You do know that you're implying that we're all delusive, right?

Red_Keys, don't make me start a "Psychology isn't a science" argument. You'll lose it like always.

@MellowJello
He only wanted world peace and for his daughter to be happy.

And what did he get?

"People die when they are killed."

Autocrat said:
Jul 17, 2013 3:09 PM

Oct 2012
Red_Keys said:
Artstyle said:
@Topic: I'm a full-fledged recluse and unlike what Secondviennese and Yaoi_Keys said, I'm not rationalizing anything.
Well, it's a subconscious process.

It's a step above denial, because with denial, you know you're lying to yourself.

As always, you are free to think as you like. No matter how convoluted it is.
Jul 17, 2013 3:10 PM

Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:

Nah, Buy me a Xbox One.
Jul 17, 2013 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
SetsukoHara said:
Immahnoob said:

Nah, Buy me a Xbox One.

Autocrat said:
Jul 17, 2013 3:16 PM

Jun 2012
People just like to exaggerate what their life is like.
It's like when a girl plays call of duty. Halo, Skyrim, Fallout, etc. and calls themself a nerd or gamergirl on facebook.

I try to make as many friends as possible but everyone's I hate being judged...
Jul 17, 2013 3:21 PM

Apr 2013
Immahnoob said:
"Psychology isn't a science"
lol.
Jul 17, 2013 3:21 PM

May 2013
Artstyle said:
Diran-kun said:
Artstyle said:
Diran-kun said:
katsucats said:
I'd rather be a shut in than be outside smoking, drinking, losing my virginity at a low age and doing all sorts.
Don't lie...

@Topic: I'm a full-fledged recluse and unlike what Secondviennese and Yaoi_Keys said, I'm not rationalizing anything. It's not sad, if you can't comprehend the fact that some people prefer it this way or if you can only live your life by relying your own happiness on other world, THAT'S what is sad. As for me, spending time with other people and being on my computer are equally enjoyable, I just chose the life of a recluse because:
C. It's comfortable
Oh and when I'm outside, something WILL piss me off and I'd start some shit again. I seem to have this hatred for the world so it's nicer for me to be in my own shell. That said, I do feel the need to go and hang out every... 5-9 months so I do go out from time to time to get my fix of the outside world.

EDIT:
It's not that I have a narrow view, it's just that when it comes to this, I know what I want. Like many others, I have witnessed these things and it's not nice. I get offered so much cigarettes each day. It really is pathetic.

So you really think that everyone who has a social life (aka 95% of the population) only drinks, smokes and parties?
No. However, for the majority of people around my age, that's how it is. I know, it's horrible but it can't be helped.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jul 17, 2013 3:26 PM

Apr 2012
Sourire said:
Immahnoob said:
"Psychology isn't a science"
lol.

Laugh as much as you want, psychology objectively isn't a science.

Inb4, sociology is science.

Autocrat said:
Jul 17, 2013 3:41 PM

Oct 2012
Diran-kun said:
Artstyle said:
Diran-kun said:
Artstyle said:
Diran-kun said:
katsucats said:
Don't lie...

C. It's comfortable

EDIT:

No. However, for the majority of people around my age, that's how it is. I know, it's horrible but it can't be helped.

I see, and is it impossible for you to have a social life where-in you wouldn't drink or smoke?
Jul 17, 2013 3:46 PM

Nov 2011
I only have three friends, and a lot of acquaintances
I luv u
Jul 17, 2013 4:17 PM

Oct 2012
Artstyle said:
C. It's comfortable
No offense, but you can only say this because you have an infinite supply of money.

Immahnoob said:
That's quite sad. I simply think that killing yourself is stupid. It's quite of a fact that alcohol is shit for your body.
It's a fact that sitting on your ass all day is shit for your body.

Diran-kun said:
Just because you watch Jersey Shore doesn't mean you know anything about the real world.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 17, 2013 4:38 PM

Jan 2013
katsucats said:
Artstyle said:
C. It's comfortable
No offense, but you can only say this because you have an infinite supply of money.

Immahnoob said:
It's a fact that sitting on your ass all day is shit for your body.

Diran-kun said:
Just because you watch Jersey Shore doesn't mean you know anything about the real world.
Can't help but say all three of your points are agreeable.
Jul 17, 2013 4:39 PM

Nov 2011
Its fun and easy, whats not to like?

Well, to me that is.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 17, 2013 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
@KB: Would using the "it's less expensive though" argument in this case be worth anything?
Jul 17, 2013 4:52 PM

Oct 2012
Artstyle said:
@KB: Would using the "it's less expensive though" argument in this case be worth anything?
No. Unless you are somehow able to earn that amount by yourself. Imagine a similar person in your situation, but without social security. It wouldn't matter if he's using less money, he still wouldn't be able to afford it.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 17, 2013 4:55 PM

Oct 2012
Okay, I'm a piece of shit. v.v

Note to self: Start doing something.
Jul 17, 2013 4:58 PM

Aug 2012
Artstyle said:
Okay, I'm a piece of shit. v.v

Note to self: Start doing something.
Epiphany has been reached.
Jul 17, 2013 8:10 PM

Aug 2011
I mainly have a really shitty social life IRL. But I have a pretty good social life on the Internet.
Jul 17, 2013 8:11 PM

Dec 2012
Well, sour grapes I suppose.

Yeah, who knows that fable? Not many any more, I bet.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Jul 17, 2013 8:12 PM

Feb 2011
XVIII said:
I don't know why some seem proud not having friends or being forever alone. Isn't that fucking sad? I understand not being in a relationship since it requires some lovey dovey magic but not having friends in this lifetime, is that even possible?

Yes, it's possible. I haven't had a single RL friend in over 7 years. And no of course I'm not proud of it, it's fucking pathetic and I hate myself.
Jul 17, 2013 8:33 PM

Jun 2013
XVIII said:
Diran-kun said:
I'd rather spend my time doing something I enjoy. Kids my age often do "bad" things when with other friends. I don't want that.

You're too young to have a warped view of the world.

.......I'd say you need better friends then, rather than shutting yourself off from the world.

Anyway, I'm not the most social of people. Though I do go out a lot, it's more I'm horribly awkward with people the first few times I'm with them so I generally avoid meeting new people and stick with the people I have known for quite a while/I see them enough that I'm comfortable with them.

......Romantic relationships though? hahahaha, that won't be happening any time soon.
Jul 17, 2013 8:56 PM

Aug 2011
I don't know...I'm pretty proud of myself for actually having a decent social life, but then again I don't exactly tell people I like anime.

The internet glorifies a lot of things that really shouldn't be glorified.
Jul 17, 2013 9:02 PM
Feb 2012
Doesn't the Internet help angsty Hitler youth post-adolescents get friends too?

What wonders!
Jul 17, 2013 9:19 PM

Jul 2012
I have a social life.

Well if talking to senior citizens, little kids and family members counts.
Jul 17, 2013 9:21 PM

Jan 2009
well i got no social life due to my disability and i hate it but the pdoc says i can still work so im looking for work again (again)
Jul 17, 2013 10:12 PM

Aug 2011
I see the glorifying as a joke to actually make fun of people who don't have social lives rather than make them feel good about themselves. I still find them funny regardless of what they were originally intended to mean.

I barely have a social life but I don't see it as sad or something to be proud of; you should try to get your fill of alone time as well as trying to socialize, instead of heavily relying on one or the other. It's why things like:

get so... mentioned? I mean, if you never go out how are you supposed to know that's all everybody does? You can't really say that's your reason for staying inside all the time. Not everybody is out there looking for people to shove drugs into and screw.

Watamote is pretty much the manga/anime that really gets into the mind of an unsocial person; Tomoko's thoughts about nearly everyone are negative, thinking all the social girls are bitches looking for sex and the guys are all douches looking for sex and everyone who's not her is living for sex. This definitely shouldn't be something to be proud of, but at the same time she does make efforts to try and be more social or at least somewhat noticeable to those around her. She tries to change, rather than sits there all chapter/episode mentally maiming everyone who's different than her.

If you try and make an effort but fail, that's a different story, but outright saying everyone out there is not worthy of being talked to by you because of stereotypes or because you have different interests, that's not okay. You could be missing out on some great friends.

Jul 18, 2013 12:23 AM

Dec 2012
I intend on staying forever alone and having no friends. I enjoy not being in relationships and having no friends.
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Jul 18, 2013 12:47 AM

Mar 2012
I have 3 friends, 3!!!! that's a lot

Jul 18, 2013 12:51 AM

Oct 2012
monster7foot6 said:
I intend on staying forever alone and having no friends. I enjoy not being in relationships and having no friends.

same here
RRRRRRRRRR
Jul 18, 2013 12:54 AM

Sep 2012
CNile said:

I know it, and completely agree.

Cognitive dissonance, people. Study up.
Jul 18, 2013 1:27 AM

Apr 2012
katsucats said:

Immahnoob said:
It's a fact that sitting on your ass all day is shit for your body..

I came in Italy around 7 years ago. I swim for 4 years.

I'm not a Free! specimen, but my body is well made and my ass feels good too.

Autocrat said:
Jul 18, 2013 1:31 AM

Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:
I swim for 4 years.

I'm not a Free! specimen
Lol, is that why you're so insulted by the show?
Jul 18, 2013 1:40 AM

Jan 2013
Nabris said:
I see the glorifying as a joke to actually make fun of people who don't have social lives rather than make them feel good about themselves. I still find them funny regardless of what they were originally intended to mean.

I barely have a social life but I don't see it as sad or something to be proud of; you should try to get your fill of alone time as well as trying to socialize, instead of heavily relying on one or the other. It's why things like:

get so... mentioned? I mean, if you never go out how are you supposed to know that's all everybody does? You can't really say that's your reason for staying inside all the time. Not everybody is out there looking for people to shove drugs into and screw.

Watamote is pretty much the manga/anime that really gets into the mind of an unsocial person; Tomoko's thoughts about nearly everyone are negative, thinking all the social girls are bitches looking for sex and the guys are all douches looking for sex and everyone who's not her is living for sex. This definitely shouldn't be something to be proud of, but at the same time she does make efforts to try and be more social or at least somewhat noticeable to those around her. She tries to change, rather than sits there all chapter/episode mentally maiming everyone who's different than her.

If you try and make an effort but fail, that's a different story, but outright saying everyone out there is not worthy of being talked to by you because of stereotypes or because you have different interests, that's not okay. You could be missing out on some great friends.

Hmm yes, I agree, for me in highschool the people in the 'spotlight' would do the aforementioned stuff, but I made some great friends who don't do this and have similar interests to mine. The world is not all black and white luckily.

P.S. still love your avatar :3
Jul 18, 2013 1:43 AM

Apr 2012
Red_Keys said:
Immahnoob said:
I swim for 4 years.

I'm not a Free! specimen
Lol, is that why you're so insulted by the show?

I'm not insulted by anything, and when I meant Free! specimen I meant I don't have such a good looking body.

I know about 23 other swimmers and only 2 of them KIND OF look like that, I only meant it as an example because I find their bodies to be the epitome of perfection which I do not think anybody can TRULY ATTAIN to respond to his "Your ass feels bad too".

Autocrat said:
Jul 18, 2013 1:48 AM

Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:
when I meant Free! specimen I meant I don't have such a good looking body.
I know.

That's why it rustles your jimmies.
Jul 18, 2013 1:50 AM

Dec 2012
It is sad yes.
Jul 18, 2013 1:52 AM

Oct 2012
anders160196 said:
It is sad yes.

what is sad?
RRRRRRRRRR
Jul 18, 2013 1:55 AM

Apr 2012
Red_Keys said:
Immahnoob said:
when I meant Free! specimen I meant I don't have such a good looking body.
I know.

That's why it rustles your jimmies.

Assumptions without basis, I don't care of my body as long as it's healthy.

I'm not swimming for the competitions or anything similar.

Autocrat said:
Jul 18, 2013 1:58 AM

Jul 2013
I have a lot of friends on internet.
Jul 18, 2013 1:59 AM

Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:
Assumptions without basis
Tee hee

Immahnoob said:
Woah you're just like Haru-chan.
Jul 18, 2013 2:02 AM

Sep 2012
Red_Keys said:
CNile said:

I know it, and completely agree.

Cognitive dissonance, people. Study up.

Did you just finish your first class of psychology or something? Because you’re advertising it the same way one of my friend did with sex when he finally lost his virginity after trying his chance with half the population of France.
Jul 18, 2013 2:05 AM

Apr 2012
Red_Keys said:
Immahnoob said:
Assumptions without basis
Tee hee

Immahnoob said:
Woah you're just like Haru-chan.

This cherry picking.

"I don't care of my body as long as it's healthy."

Goes hand in hand with:

"I'm not swimming for the competitions or anything similar."

As I said, baseless assumptions won't get you anywhere, it won't hide flawed logic.

Autocrat said:
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» My concerns about the future of Japan.

9765 - Jun 6

30 by Hikinekomori »»
7 minutes ago

» why spelling of english language is so hard? its the only language that has spelling competition?

deg - Yesterday

28 by Lucifrost »»
2 hours ago

» do you still live with your parents?

FruitPunchBaka - May 29

48 by Ezeeql »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » NEET vs Wage Slave (poll)

xZakai - Jun 17, 2021

44 by creepylurker »»
2 hours ago

» Should we drop medicine on the North Sentinel Islands?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

21 by Thereisnoonehere »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.