Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2008 5:36 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode has just been released at Crunchyroll.

Great episode! This shows continues being quite good. Stylish and original in his own way.

- Rule 1 Paradox.
- Android Love = Human Love?
- Rikuo using more "WTF" faces.
- Awesome ending.
- Preview anticipates a very funny act:04.

Unfortunately, act:04... April 2009. :(
Dec 2, 2008 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
i thought this series died... guess it didnt xD
Dec 3, 2008 1:45 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
April? When they said "Spring" I figured they meant earlier than that sounded. But I guess I was wrong.
Dec 3, 2008 2:07 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
arghhhh!!! this episode was soo short!

and wtf!? Spring 2009?!?!? i don't want to wait that long!!!
p r o f i l e 👀
Dec 3, 2008 7:01 AM

May 2007
I just watched episode 03 which was pretty good....it was kinda mellow and dark but yet sweet......lol to the secrets between Koji and Rina. :lol: I really

Oh sh*t........Episode 04: NAMELESS is being released on Spring 2009 meaning 1st April 2009, which means that it will be put on crunchyroll on the 2nd April 2009.........such a LONG WAIT!!!! :( This means that: -

Episode 04: - 1st April 2009
Episode 05: - 1st June 2009
Episode 06 (FINAL) - 1st August 2009 (exactly 1 years after the release of the first episode) :rolleyes:

Is Eve no Jikan available on DVD in Japan ?? :rolleyes:
Dec 3, 2008 8:36 AM

Aug 2008
"Second half of the first season resumes spring 2009"
So, does that mean April (like everyone's saying), or does it mean spring season, ie January? January would make more sense, because that would tie in with the schedule 'so far.' And first season? Don't tell me there's going to be EnJ2 for a total of 12 eps?

LOL at next ep — industrial model robot in Eve — that's going to be amusing.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 3, 2008 3:59 PM

Feb 2008
Quite a spectacular episode in a spectacular show. The wait will be long and hard though.

Does anybody have any information about a DVD release? Has it been licensed or it just being subbed at Crunchyroll? This is a must-buy for me.
Dec 3, 2008 4:41 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
kuroshiroi said:

Does anybody have any information about a DVD release? Has it been licensed or it just being subbed at Crunchyroll? This is a must-buy for me.

I believe Crunchyroll itself is considered the official licensor of it for U.S. distribution. It's an ONA in Japan it makes sense it be licenced the same way here (although I question the need for a regional licensor for something anyone in the world can watch from the Net).

I'm hoping when it comes out it's released all on a single disc. We're only talking an hour and a half for the entire series.
Dec 3, 2008 5:03 PM

Feb 2008
nx6 said:
I'm hoping when it comes out it's released all on a single disc. We're only talking an hour and a half for the entire series.
It would be hilarious to release on 3 discs though :)
Thanks for the information, I guess we'll have to wait untill it's finished to find out about the DVD(s).
Dec 3, 2008 5:20 PM
Jan 2008
Yea, we all know what they did with the FLCL DVD release.... >.>

and Yay new episode.
:( next ep in srping
Dec 4, 2008 4:48 AM
Jul 2018
the most peculiar ep yet >< lol at the debate abt sexdroids XD
Dec 4, 2008 12:13 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
kuroshiroi said:
nx6 said:
It would be hilarious to release on 3 discs though :)
Galaxy654 said:
Yea, we all know what they did with the FLCL DVD release.... >.>

In FLCLs defense, as an OVA it was originally put out as a DVD per episode. But as someone who bought it later, yeah, I thought three discs was rather extreme.
Dec 4, 2008 2:26 PM

Jan 2008
Oh wow, what an episode. It just kept getting complicated XD

*cough* no I didn't look, really. >.>
Dec 5, 2008 12:34 PM
Dec 2007
Great episode as usual ! Love + Humans + Robots is a nice triangle indeed.

nx6 said:
kuroshiroi said:

I believe Crunchyroll itself is considered the official licensor of it for U.S. distribution. It's an ONA in Japan it makes sense it be licenced the same way here (although I question the need for a regional licensor for something anyone in the world can watch from the Net).

For sure Crunchyroll is not the licensor (they are not an editor and probably payed nothing to broadcast it...), so it should still be under licence by the Japanese rights holder, that just uses Crunchyroll to promote it, like Gonzo with Blassreiter and Druaga no To (which have not been licenced yet I believe). By the way, Dybex licenced Eve no Jikan in France (Europe maybe?) like two or three weeks ago and are planning to realease it after the end of the broadcast on CR (there's a French version too, and a very bad one at that with awful timing and less-accurate-than-fansub translation).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 6, 2008 1:01 AM

Apr 2007
This series is getting good. I wish it moved faster. :( Gosh darnit!
The storyline of this could do well in a full-length series or movie forsure.

Dec 7, 2008 3:33 PM
Jun 2008
this ONA jst continues to amaze me.
its so interesting!
android love....being the same as human love?
i loved their thought bubbles xP w/ chie jst staring at it.
but damit. i wish they wouldnt release them so slowly....and everyone sure its 1 april not january? werent they originally going to release one ep every 2 months???

Dec 7, 2008 5:49 PM

Jun 2007
does anyone know where to get the ep with the subs in it? I dont have the time to figure out how to combine the subs with a raw right now :(.
Dec 7, 2008 6:48 PM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
does anyone know where to get the ep with the subs in it? I dont have the time to figure out how to combine the subs with a raw right now :(.

Really easy. Rename RAW to a simple name.
Rename the ass file to the same name
Put all in one folder with no other sub folders present.
It will work.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 7, 2008 8:43 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
DeathfireD said:

Why don't you just watch it on Crunchyroll where it has subtitles already?

Someone named Pireze does a .ass a week or so after the CR premiere and makes a raw available to go with it (or you can just buy a copy from Crunchroll) and then another week or two after that EMiNA does a fully typeset fansub using Pireze's translation.
Dec 8, 2008 7:04 PM

Jun 2007
nx6 said:
DeathfireD said:

Why don't you just watch it on Crunchyroll where it has subtitles already?

Someone named Pireze does a .ass a week or so after the CR premiere and makes a raw available to go with it (or you can just buy a copy from Crunchroll) and then another week or two after that EMiNA does a fully typeset fansub using Pireze's translation.

CR sucks thats why I don't go watch it there. Second I couldn't find the raw that goes with the ass file on Pireze's site (I couldn't even find an ass file on Pireze's site yet). If I could then I would. Second I don't want to download random raws that may or may not work with the sub file found on Tokyo Toshokan or risk it being in shitty quality.
Dec 9, 2008 1:21 AM
Nov 2008
I just recently got into it myself, interesting gem this series. I really enjoyed it, found it to be a warm welcomed hop off the typical bandwagon. I'd like to see more at a more steady rate, but given the frequency in which these new episodes drop I wouldn't be expecting them but once in a blue moon. Unless you guys spread the word and hype it on a mass scale or something, this one is gonna be a diamond in the ruff. I'd hype it myself.. but I already blogged it.
Dec 9, 2008 1:25 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
DeathfireD said:

CR sucks thats why I don't go watch it there. Second I couldn't find the raw that goes with the ass file on Pireze's site (I couldn't even find an ass file on Pireze's site yet). If I could then I would. Second I don't want to download random raws that may or may not work with the sub file found on Tokyo Toshokan or risk it being in shitty quality.

So in other words, you can't watch it because you're stubborn.

EMiNA says their release will be delayed because "their translator is on vacation". So I assume they mean Pireze is on vacation.

This is an ONA, so the quality of the raws will in all likelihood be equal no matter where you get it from because no one is having to re-encode anything, they're just saving streams. Crunchroll's file is DRM-free, so the file you have may be the same exact file someone's just torrenting.
nx6Dec 10, 2008 9:55 PM
Dec 10, 2008 7:16 PM

May 2008
JadeMatrix said:

LOL at next ep — industrial model robot in Eve — that's going to be amusing.

However would they be able to tell if it's human or not? Lol.

I'm really liking Eve no Jikan. ...It's just that it's really taking too much time. And to think you'd only be waiting for a 15min ep. @_@
Meet my dragons ^^:
(Click to view. :))
Dec 11, 2008 3:09 AM

Jan 2008
Gotta love that slap. -ogle-....-KASLAP- xD
Dec 11, 2008 4:34 AM

Jun 2008
good episode.

But wtf?! Next episode will be in April!!
Dec 12, 2008 1:30 PM
Feb 2008
does anyone else feel that this show portrays our future (in 200 years?), maybe even just a little bit?
Dec 12, 2008 2:17 PM

Nov 2008
dabazzinator said:
does anyone else feel that this show portrays our future (in 200 years?), maybe even just a little bit?

Yes, shows consequences of what can happen if we develop robots but like many other shows this one illustrates how their personality changes in regards to them being different from humans.

I though robots wanted to always those who created them (us humans).
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 14, 2008 3:21 PM

Jun 2007
So my theory post in ep 2 was correct (for the most part). The love couple where the curve ball and where both Androids! Can't wait to see what happens between the kid and Sammy. I wonder if they end up having a romantic relationship later on or begin to converse with each other just like humans.

The next ep looks weird. Some random robot in the shop XD. I hate how each ep is so far apart from the other. They need to start putting these out once a month or something.
Dec 17, 2008 8:04 AM

Jan 2008
I LOL at Rikuo's reactions towards Koji and Rina, especially at Rina. And, that was a nice twist - Rina (android) + Koji (android too) + Koji's master.

I just love the animation and sound effects. The angle, and zoom in and out of people and scenes. Just awesome.

Man, I'm supposed to finish making the family tree for our upcoming family reunions but I remember act 3 was already released. D/l and can't resist not to watch it. Worth the time.

Aw, April? That's a loooooong wait.
Dec 17, 2008 4:48 PM

Aug 2007
Amazing episode. I kinda feel like raising my note on this ONA... Simply awesum!
Dec 17, 2008 5:14 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Great episode, it's awesome when you realize what's really going on. ^^

Oh and I want a phone like that.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 19, 2008 8:45 PM

Sep 2007
Man this is probably my favorite episode so far. The light comedy in this series is just the right amount. I lulz at the neko girl.
Dec 20, 2008 8:13 AM

Feb 2008
I liked this episode.
cyruz said:
Oh and I want a phone like that.

Yeah me too.
BTW: At the start of this episode there was Pale Cocoon on TV. :D
Dec 20, 2008 10:53 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
De-JaY said:

I knew I'd seen those scenes before, thanks!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 23, 2008 1:29 AM

Feb 2008
Just amazing!
I really enjoy the comfortable/peculiar atmosphere of this show.
Definitely a 9/10 for me!

cyruz said:
De-JaY said:

I knew I'd seen those scenes before, thanks!

I saw it as well ^^

Jan 22, 2009 8:16 AM

May 2008
I FINALLY got around to watching the third episode.

Well, it's never gonna be my favorite episode unless it's Akiko.
Which I take it isn't gonna happen again.:(

But it keeps up it's interesting pace without stop.
Always the tense, heartstring pulling drama.

I would be a MASSIVE robot-holic/civil rights activist if I lived in this world.
God, talk about bigotry. I hope our world doesn't turn out that way.

Even with this episodes slightly more light-hearted feel, I could jerk a tear just being reminded of some things.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 27, 2009 6:30 PM

Jul 2008
Just picked this anime up today and got up to speed, and I must say that this is one of the most out-of-the-ordinary animes that I have ever seen. Not only does this have a superb plot but stellar animation to match it.

As for the episode, it was very intriguing with the way they presented and lead up to the whole android/android lovers.
Mar 25, 2009 3:57 AM

Apr 2007
Finally got around to the third episode, and it was fantastic as usual, thou I predicted they were both androids haha.

Next episode looks like it'll be a blast, can't wait.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2009 1:48 PM

May 2008
That was awesome. I expected Koji to be an android pimp and Rina a sex robot, but it looks like cliche stuff like that is miles away here. Humans and androids seem to be getting closer in this episode... Will there be a point where you just can't tell? Will there be a point where you don't need to be able to tell?

Btw... April 2009 already, and no sign of act04. Hurry uuup!
Apr 8, 2009 7:53 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
Hikari_Tajiri said:

It's been delayed until May.
Apr 15, 2009 7:54 PM
May 2008
nx6 said:
Hikari_Tajiri said:

It's been delayed until May.

Its ridiculous how long these episodes take to come out, I guess the artwork really takes awhile. :(
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 7, 2009 12:34 AM

Apr 2007
Epic. Loved the slap scene.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jun 9, 2009 7:17 AM

Mar 2008
Interesting episode... figured soon that the lady was android, but when the man started talking about his master... Hm, nah, hadn't figured it out for once.

Which is a good thing, I guess, since that means that the difference between the groups is close to zero in Eve no Jikan cafe.
Jun 9, 2009 1:06 PM

Apr 2009
A cafe with both humans and androids
Intesting blends of coffee and personalities
Getting slapped up side the head for wandering eyes
PRICELESS
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jun 21, 2009 11:42 AM

Jun 2009
kuroshiroi said:
Quite a spectacular episode in a spectacular show. The wait will be long and hard though.

I completely agree, it is brilliant!
Jul 20, 2009 7:34 AM

Jan 2009
Oh man, i started to love this show.
Even though it just an ONA, it was better than most of anime out there.

Things started to get complicated. I still don't know what Masaki's goin' to do by regularly goes to eve.
Sep 5, 2009 10:57 AM

May 2009
Interesting episode, and great as usual. A bit more interaction and delving into the characters at the cafe further. I was surprised to find out that Koji and Rina were both androids, although it does bring up an interesting point.
Sep 7, 2009 5:12 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, those two certainly have a complicated relationship!
Oct 4, 2009 9:06 AM

Nov 2008
Lol, I'd never thought that he was actually an android.
Really great episode, androids are really interesting and I like how the story and the interactions between all the characters help us and the main character to learn more about them and there psycholigical.
Dec 3, 2009 12:25 AM

Nov 2007
Pretty weird robot this time around O_O, wonder what was happening in the last 2 scenes though. It looked like Akiko was smiling xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2009

203 by Randomega »»
Dec 15, 2023 9:08 AM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nx6 - Oct 2, 2008

84 by FanthyLord »»
Jul 2, 2023 7:47 PM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Aug 3, 2008

119 by FanthyLord »»
Jul 2, 2023 7:23 PM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Canopus - Jul 2, 2009

67 by removed-user »»
Feb 17, 2023 9:37 AM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KillthisAccount - May 2, 2009

94 by removed-user »»
Feb 17, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.