Forum Settings
Forums

Your favorite shonen villain? Give reasons!

New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2013 4:52 PM

Aug 2012
Apr 26, 2013 4:55 PM

Sep 2011
Piccolo because he was a badass.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Apr 26, 2013 4:55 PM
Oct 2011
Aren't we missing someone here? The real best villain in One Piece?
Apr 26, 2013 4:57 PM

Jun 2012
ArbitraryFate said:

Shanks would flick his lightning bolt...
Apr 26, 2013 4:57 PM

Jan 2011
Alone is my all time fav villain, i likepretty much everything about him, personality, character design, seiyuu, powers of God, ect

Apr 26, 2013 5:56 PM

Aug 2012
ArbitraryFate said:

Say why he cant
Apr 26, 2013 6:01 PM

Jun 2012
lupadim said:
ArbitraryFate said:

Say why he cant

Kizaru could knock him out before he even knew what was going on.

Aokiji could conduct all of his power in a lightning rod esq. fashion.

Luffy could nullify his electricity aswell.
Apr 26, 2013 6:03 PM

Mar 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
lupadim said:
ArbitraryFate said:

Say why he cant

Kizaru could knock him out before he even knew what was going on. Aokiji could conduct all of his power in a lightning rod esq. fashion.
And I think that his power still below Marco.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 26, 2013 6:05 PM

Jun 2012
NeoAnkara said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
lupadim said:
ArbitraryFate said:

Say why he cant

Kizaru could knock him out before he even knew what was going on. Aokiji could conduct all of his power in a lightning rod esq. fashion.
And I think that his power still below Marco.

Can't really gauge his power level from the fact we haven't seen him in a full decade... But yeah.
Apr 26, 2013 6:12 PM

Aug 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
lupadim said:
ArbitraryFate said:

Say why he cant

Kizaru could knock him out before he even knew what was going on.

Aokiji could conduct all of his power in a lightning rod esq. fashion.

Luffy could nullify his electricity aswell.

-> Enel can attack anything from anywhere, Aokiji, Kizaru and others would not even know that Enel exists

-> The only one alive would be Luffy
Apr 26, 2013 7:51 PM

Jun 2009
johnyjohny said:
No Griffith guys? okay i call it.

Er....Seinen. If this was about Seinen or villains in general I'm sure he'd be at the top of a lot of lists.

Anyway, this is something HxH does really well. But, so far I'd probably pick Chrollo and Hisoka as my favorites from the series. Looking forward to when the Main villain of Chimera Ant comes into play, I hear a lot of good things about him and he's been mentioned quite a bit in this thread.

Blackbeard from OP is pretty great as well. Also, Yoshikage Kira from Jojo Part 4 is great. It'll be interesting to see the anime only fans reaction to him.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 26, 2013 7:53 PM

Nov 2012
insan3soldiern said:
johnyjohny said:

Er....Seinen. If this was about Seinen or villains in general I'm sure he'd be at the top of a lot of lists.

Anyway, this is something HxH does really well. But, so far I'd probably pick Chrollo and Hisoka as my favorites from the series. Looking forward to when the Main villain of Chimera Ant comes into play, I hear a lot of good things about him and he's been mentioned quite a bit in this thread.

Blackbeard from OP is pretty great as well. Also, Yoshikage Kira from Jojo Part 4 is great. It'll be interesting to see the anime only fans reaction to him.
I wouldn't really consider Hisoka a villain/antagonist of the series.
Apr 26, 2013 7:57 PM

Jun 2009
Alexx_ said:
insan3soldiern said:
johnyjohny said:

Honestly, I'm not sure if I do either. Maybe at first, but as the series goes on I'm not really sure. I guess I just wanted an excuse to throw him out there.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 26, 2013 8:01 PM

Nov 2012
insan3soldiern said:
Alexx_ said:
insan3soldiern said:
johnyjohny said:

Honestly, I'm not sure if I do either. Maybe at first, but as the series goes on I'm not really sure. I guess I just wanted an excuse to throw him out there.
Heh, can't blame you. He really is an interesting and bit mysterious character.
Apr 26, 2013 8:28 PM

Oct 2012
Aizen immediately comes to mind.
Apr 26, 2013 8:40 PM

Jun 2012
toyall123 said:

He's a good villain and all, but Gin really outshines him.

AnimePlanet community hates Aizen.
Apr 26, 2013 8:55 PM

Oct 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
toyall123 said:

He's a good villain and all, but Gin really outshines him.

AnimePlanet community hates Aizen.

Personally, I'm rather indifferent towards Gin. It may stem from what I believe to be his limited screen time (in comparison to Aizen) in the Arrancar arcs. But again, that's just me :)
Apr 26, 2013 10:04 PM

Apr 2011
lupadim said:
Yes, he is weak-willed. He is so weak willed that hes power made him become crazy. After episode one, after hes first kill, is was clear that Light was totally mad and that went to the end of the anime. There first step for being a powerful character is facing the fact you have an capability, but Light failed at this damn basic step and went crazy.

Like I said, stop spouting bullshit. Did you read the manga? The manga as in the little sequel to Death Note. Here's how it went;

That is what happens when a weak-willed person gets the Death Note. Light going crazy had nothing to do with his will. Ryuk even acknowledges that Light is the strongest willed person he's seen. That even a normal willed person would've committed suicide within a day.
Apr 27, 2013 12:49 AM

Dec 2011
Dio Brando of JJBA due to the fact he is despisable but yet hard to hate him.
˖°The blade dances˖°

Apr 27, 2013 1:04 AM

Apr 2013
Aizen.
Everything is according to plan.
Apr 27, 2013 1:45 AM

Jun 2012
lupadim said:
jimbob1141 said:
lupadim said:
Nidalee said:

I didn't say most powerful anyway, even though blackbeard is powerful. Blackbeards story was very well written, if you are basing your favorite villain on power levels then well....

BB's story well written? Wtfff. He killed an guy, ran away, made an crew and is shooting at others now. You should check Naraku's history.

If that is how you perceive blackbeards story then you are a straight up retard.

One piece spoilers below :)

Honestly i don't even know what to say to someone who thinks blackbeards story is "killed some guy and ran away and is now shooting at people" you don'y exactly need to be a genius to understand blackbeards story >.> one piece doesn't exactly have the greatest plot ever, but blackbeards story was damn good
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 27, 2013 1:58 AM

Oct 2012
yhunata said:
That is what happens when a weak-willed person gets the Death Note. Light going crazy had nothing to do with his will. Ryuk even acknowledges that Light is the strongest willed person he's seen. That even a normal willed person would've committed suicide within a day.

This is how I remember Light-

ShrabsterApr 27, 2013 2:17 AM

Apr 27, 2013 2:24 AM

Oct 2012
Shrabster said:
yhunata said:

Apr 27, 2013 2:29 AM

Apr 2011
Shrabster said:

How exactly does that translate to having a weak will? You're gonna tell me he didn't have a strong will because he
Apr 27, 2013 2:38 AM

Oct 2012
yhunata said:
Shrabster said:

How exactly does that translate to having a weak will? You're gonna tell me he didn't have a strong will because he

ShrabsterApr 27, 2013 2:57 AM

Apr 27, 2013 3:18 AM

Apr 2011
Shrabster said:

Apr 27, 2013 3:31 AM

Oct 2012
yhunata said:
Shrabster said:

ShrabsterApr 27, 2013 3:37 AM

Apr 27, 2013 3:36 AM

Apr 2011
Shrabster said:
yhunata said:
Shrabster said:

Apr 27, 2013 3:52 AM

Oct 2012
yhunata said:
Shrabster said:
yhunata said:
Shrabster said:

ShrabsterApr 27, 2013 4:06 AM

Apr 27, 2013 3:57 AM

Apr 2011
Shrabster said:

Apr 27, 2013 4:05 AM

Oct 2012
yhunata said:
Shrabster said:

Well, I wouldn't necessarily call him weak willed and I agree that calling him completely weak willed would be a stretch, but stubbornness =/= strong will, and he was only strong willed when he was seemingly winning or had an advantage, so I hesitate to call him strong willed.
ShrabsterApr 27, 2013 4:13 AM

Apr 27, 2013 4:15 AM

Jan 2009
Uchiha Madara, i like his idea that as long as there are winners then there will be losers and hate is born from love like the love of maintaining peace causes wars, his trying to create a dream world or The Matrix where everybody's wish can come true although the only problem is that his gonna control it so his a dictator
Apr 27, 2013 4:56 AM

May 2012
Mr7Beans said:
Cell from Dragon Ball..

this Gohan going SSJ2 one of the most memorable moments i've seen in Anime anyway
Apr 27, 2013 4:59 AM

Apr 2011
Shrabster said:
Well, I wouldn't necessarily call him weak willed and I agree that calling him completely weak willed would be a stretch, but stubbornness =/= strong will, and he was only strong willed when he was seemingly winning or had an advantage, so I hesitate to call him strong willed.

He's more than normal willed, at the very least. Ryuk stated that a normal human would lose his mind within days of attaining the Death Note, so Light definitely isn't a normal-willed person. So, he's either strong-willed or somewhere in between.

Also, I realise I haven't posted my take on this thread yet. Quite easy. Yagami Light. And no, it's not his will, not his smartness that raked me in. It's the character. Light had a conviction which he desperately wanted to bring out to the world even before attaining the Death Note. This eventually leads him to becoming Kira and creating the most unorthodox, most gripping battle I've ever seen. Of course, Lawliet also deserves credit for that, but he wouldn't have been as awesome without Light and vice versa.
Apr 27, 2013 5:08 AM

Dec 2012
I'll second Cell as well, he was BA too.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Apr 27, 2013 8:54 AM

Aug 2012
yhunata said:
Shrabster said:

He's more than normal willed, at the very least. Ryuk stated that a normal human would lose his mind within days of attaining the Death Note, so Light definitely isn't a normal-willed person. So, he's either strong-willed or somewhere in between.

But he did lose his mind!
Apr 27, 2013 9:00 AM

Apr 2011
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
Shrabster said:

How the fuck does any of that translate to him being weak-willed? Admit it, you're just mad because his actions and thoughts goes against yours and since you're right, he's wrong.
Apr 27, 2013 9:01 AM

Aug 2012
yhunata said:
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
Shrabster said:

How the fuck does any of that translate to him being weak-willed? Admit it, you're just mad because his actions and thoughts goes against yours and since you're right, he's wrong.

What the fuck? How can someone that wants to be an god just because has a note, cries when is shooted and curses everyone when is losing be called strong-willed? Are you calling him strong-willed because he killed people?

I give up, you ran out of arguments and now is using the good and old "I am right and you are wrong so shut up now I'm going to cry at my corner". Geez.
Apr 27, 2013 9:03 AM

Apr 2011
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
Shrabster said:

What the fuck? How can someone that wants to be an god just because has a note, cries when is shooted and curses everyone when is losing be called strong-willed? Are you calling him strong-willed because he killed people?

I give up, you ran out of arguments and now is using the good and old "I am right and you are wrong so shut up now I'm going to cry at my corner". Geez.

What the fuck? How does having bad ideas equate to a person having bad will? Please, for the sake of God, go learn some English first.
Apr 27, 2013 9:05 AM

Aug 2012
yhunata said:
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
Shrabster said:

What the fuck? How does having bad ideas equate to a person having bad will? Please, for the sake of God, go learn some English first.

Now you are using my grammar as an argument. Light was more strong-willed than you certainly. And you has to be EXTREMELY weak-willed to have a waker will than Light's.
Apr 27, 2013 9:09 AM

Apr 2011
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
Shrabster said:

Now you are using my grammar as an argument. Light was more strong-willed than you certainly. And you has to be EXTREMELY weak-willed to have a waker will than Light's.

I'm not using your grammar as an argument. I'm using your incapability to understand words as an argument. You don't understand what being weak-willed is at all. Luffy went crazy after waking up at the Isle of Women when you-know-what happened at Marineford. But hey, he's from One Piece and he doesn't kill people, so he's not weak-willed, right?
Apr 27, 2013 9:11 AM

Aug 2012
yhunata said:
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
Shrabster said:

I'm not using your grammar as an argument. I'm using your incapability to understand words as an argument. You don't understand what being weak-willed is at all. Luffy went crazy after waking up at the Isle of Women when you-know-what happened at Marineford. But hey, he's from One Piece and he doesn't kill people, so he's not weak-willed, right?

Of course Luffy went crazy; Hes brother DIED. But well, when things are going bad for him, he doesn't started crying and such. Instead, he solves the problem with intelligence and without screaming like a bitch.
Apr 27, 2013 9:13 AM

Feb 2010
Souther from Fist of the North Star. His fight with Kenshiro at the pyramid was epic, he was a completely unconventional opponent, and even Raoh respected him. He's honestly more of a big bad than Raoh was and felt motivated to do what he did while Raoh was just sort of in it for the lulz.
Apr 27, 2013 9:14 AM

Apr 2013
Stop with those quote towers...
Light wasn't weak willed his will was very strong at least when he was winning.

And there is more to good villains than how strong or weak their will is...
Apr 27, 2013 9:14 AM

Apr 2011
lupadim said:

Apr 27, 2013 9:17 AM

Aug 2012
yhunata said:
lupadim said:

Apr 27, 2013 9:20 AM

Apr 2011
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
lupadim said:

Did you just call Light stupid? Also, I've already had this same damn conversation with Shrabster who actually understood what I was trying to say. So, I'm just gonna link you to that and be done with it (besides, Liverpool's games starting. I don't have time to debate with you).

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=591713&show=120

Starting post no 132
Apr 27, 2013 9:22 AM

Aug 2012
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
lupadim said:

Um, lets backtrack to the scene of blackbeard rolling on the ground in pain.
He stands back up, picks luffy up and slams him into ground, luffy then proceeds to also roll around on the ground in pain.
Blackbeards deep breathing&sweating is because he's kinda out of shape and middleaged.. he's got muscle but he's also fat.. I'm not sure where you're getting this whole "crying" thing from
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Apr 27, 2013 9:23 AM

Feb 2010
lupadim said:
yhunata said:
lupadim said:

By the way, you're conflating universal trauma with lack of a strong will. Try again, or I move everyone to respond stupidly to you. Again.
Apr 27, 2013 9:30 AM

Aug 2012
Light had a strong will, a very strong will. Just because you disagree with his killings doesn't make it a weak will.
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How do you prefer anime siblings? ( 1 2 3 )

Zarutaku - Jul 10

109 by Zarutaku »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you consider yourself a weeb? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Yesterday

64 by thewiru »»
8 minutes ago

» Why your profile picture is your profile picture? ( 1 2 3 )

Zakatsuki_ - Jul 14

115 by YN_ON »»
14 minutes ago

» Why are streaming services' subs so crap compared to fansubs?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - 3 hours ago

12 by hazecloud »»
23 minutes ago

» The Weeb Chart

Shizuna - 12 hours ago

30 by YN_ON »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.