Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 25, 2008 9:22 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
*removed by mod*
kei-cloneOct 29, 2008 10:21 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 25, 2008 11:23 AM
Jul 2008
It kind of bothers me that Ai has started cosplaying this season. Isn't that what her lackeys are for?

Edit: Awesome episode. I love how the characters in this series (all three seasons) are complete assholes. :D
hknamidaOct 25, 2008 11:48 AM
Oct 25, 2008 5:39 PM

Aug 2008
OK, seriously, I'm getting disappointed. I liked the first two episodes, but everything from there has been going downhill FAST. I don't understand enough Japanese, but I feel that even if I do, this episode still would have been stupid. I have no idea why someone would sent another to hell for that kind of stupid reason... although the boy going from a loser to a confident person back to a loser was kind of meaningful... but other than that, this episode really sucked. I really hope they will improve this series because I really had high hopes.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 25, 2008 11:16 PM
Jul 2008
I kind of understand why some people disappoint by this season. I feel bad for all the guys that go to hell for nothing too, but I dont really disappoint. I dont think Jigoku Shoujo has a theme of "you are a real bad guy... since no one can punish you... i found this hell website... then i will take that role to punish you even if i have to go to hell since it is for the sake of others and justice... blah blah blah...". The story so presents some thing other than this, and it kind of unreasonable for normal people. But dont you think, in the character point of view, when they are extremely believe in something and cannot get out of that fact no matter what, it is worth to do so for the pleasure of their minds?

btw the story itself is not stupid. since it can make u think it is stupid, it is clever enough.
Oct 27, 2008 6:19 AM

Dec 2007
Oh great, Aero subs are now making this series one of their main projects. The subs for this episode are out now.

On edit: Homophobia makes me puke. Let's not go there.

That said, the ending was indeed gay. What the hell? Nishida the older guy didn't want to fight the mugger because it would put his boyfriend at risk. And what did Takeru do to thank him for thinking about him? Send him to hell (supposedly with all the other sodomites?) Once again, what the hell?
Kokujin-kunOct 27, 2008 6:24 AM
Oct 27, 2008 7:17 AM

Mar 2008
haha
just watched the raw today..
and damn, this one really disappointed me.. it is so gay, and i cant believe the boy sent his savior to hell.. i guess he enjoys being tied up and hit by a bunch of gays who want his money and butthole.. lol.. wat a masochist..
and yuzuki didn't do anything this episode.. the episode ended so fast, i didnt manage to blink.. altho i did gawp at the end of the episode.. i was like, wat the hell?????
i think this sequel is to show how twisted humans are, and that enma ai has come back to bring all the twisted ppl to hell, leaving the only one worthy to live in a world where everybody has the "hell agreement" tattoo.. and that would be yuzuki ^^
yuzuki is cute n she'd make a nice hell girl too XD
lonehunter88Oct 27, 2008 7:22 AM
Oct 27, 2008 8:12 AM

Apr 2007
Gayness disgusts me however I can't say I don't get annoyed when I see homophobia and religious aspects against it. I, personally, have no problem what-so-ever with gays as long as they keep it to themselves.

About the episode: ending sucked big time.

Oct 27, 2008 9:34 AM

Jun 2008
I did ask for more foolish contractors in the thread about episode three, but this guy really went in a bit too far. It seems like this thread is also filled with foolishness, so I'll keep my commentary short and leave quickly.
Oct 27, 2008 11:44 AM

Oct 2007
In four episodes we lose 3 guys and 1 girl. I guess I can see the result by the end of the series.

As for this episode is pretty much disappoint not because of the Yaoi but the plot itself is really weak.

And why the hell did Tange-sensei is still there wasn't him suppose to be on a field trip to hell?
SivaOct 27, 2008 11:48 AM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 27, 2008 11:52 AM

Mar 2008
RandomOugi said:
I did ask for more foolish contractors in the thread about episode three, but this guy really went in a bit too far ...

but, he kinda thought that his attempt of becoming strong and blablah to face bullies had changed nothing in the world and maybe nothing in him in the end, so he decided to blame the one who gave him this "hope" that everything was ok, some prefer to styck to reality (or his view of the reality), no mather who sad it is
i really dont finish to understand this guy xDDDD

Kokujin-kun said:
On edit: Homophobia makes me puke. Let's not go there.

agre, the post made here should rewiew this ep.... there are some other places to discuss that mather xD
................ ゆっくりしていってね!!!......................
Oct 27, 2008 12:19 PM

Feb 2008
lol first off, the reason doesnt matter. you can send someone to hell just for the hell of it. it has been done before. all that is required is enough hatred for the page to apear, and the person's name. this has nothing to do with good or bad, or anything like that.

what im disapointed in, is that the plot so far is no different from S1 an S2. im pretty sure once the whole show ends you can look at the entire story like and it would make better sense. one grudge after another, it kind gets repetitive.

im thinking they are building up to the main plot which has to do with the fact that hes possesing a girl this time, not only that but she shows her the whole process which no one i suppose to know about outside of the involved parties (and the poor sap being sent to hell)

lol tange sense is suppose to be in hell isnt he....and its supose to be a he so i guess thats a different one.
Oct 27, 2008 12:32 PM
Jun 2008
I guess it's too early for that girl to actually prevent things from happening, but I'd be disappointed if she did nothing at all in the end. As for Jigoku Shoujo and party? They better reveal the origins between that little wind-up doll girl (how did she become a wind-up doll anyway?) and that new boy. They make no sense.

This episode was alright, but I hated the gay boy. He's a masochistic weakling that enjoys getting bullied and when someone finally inspires him to stand up for himself, he goes and crushes the guy's dream along with his life. What an idiot.
Oct 27, 2008 2:38 PM

Dec 2007
Fucking retarded episode tbh. i dont think anyone would send their idol in life to hell just cus he was afraid of getting killed. and if he had actually attacked the man with his kendo, he may have been killed and after that the entire bus could have been killed cus the murderer could hva gone berserk. mby the one who wrote this episode was half asleep when he did it or something. i mean, wtf.. "omg, the man i look up to didnt take the chance to look brave! lets kill him...."

EDIT:
Jacut said:
hknamida said:
angel999 said:
RAW is out! WTH is this GAY SHIT! YOU KNOW ALL GAYS GO TO HELL ANYWAYS! The only ones saved are girls x girls! I know why but it IS MY RELIGIOUS BELIEF!

That sounds more like plain, old-fashioned homophobia than religion, to me. Does your "God" approve of you blaming Him for your narrow-mindedness?

I really enjoyed this episode, mainly -because- of his lame reason for sending the other guy to hell. It illustrates one of the things this series does best - exploring the dark side of human nature.

I entirely agree on your last sentence especially. Great writing in this episode even if the curse was a bit abrupt, but still, that's Jigoku Shoujo for you, going where not any other single anime can go without becoming pathetic. And Jigoku Shoujo not only tries but succeeds in showing gay Kendo scenes (that seem to be common in Kendo if you read Yukio Mishima...), highschool bullying, incest with a nurse (don't try to tell me she isn't represented as having a potential interest in the main character of this episode...), then finish with a curse that sends a character to hell, while still being credible and well-done. Some very good themes overall even if everything is not perfect.

dont think this have anything to do with humans dark nature. this episode explored one persons retardation if you ask me
OnegaiOct 27, 2008 2:42 PM
Oct 27, 2008 3:19 PM

Jun 2008
o.0 for such a reason to send someone to hell... Normally the reasons are bad enough but this one is the worst of the 4 episodes seen.. I am almost feeling like dropping it if it continues with this..
Oct 27, 2008 5:57 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-Seriously Ona, its illegal for a wheel to teach in Japanese schools. Swords, and bone ladies on the other hand are allowed.

-Oh come on I could have sworn they have done this control/bullying thing before only with girls.

-Dont believe him nurse, the boy lies!

-What is the deal with rope bondage in season 3?

-OMG Jigoku Shoujo just turned into a Kendo drama.

-Despite being 22, you are still creepy, in fact even more so because you are 22.

-"So you'll be a lawyer in the future?" No I will be a prosecutor, I must defeat Phoenix Wright!

-Wow this kid is a wuss.

-Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae episode 4, guest starring most of the regular cast from Bamboo Blade.

-Oh Christ this kid is going through a girly phase.

-I seriously hope that guy is just teasing him.

-"But i'm a guy." That has yet to be proven.

-*they break into song* "Dou" a deer, a female deer, "Men" what we hope to be someday....

-Damnit they just had to make em gay.

-*walking down the school hallway* Hey who's the new "guy"?

-*Nurse grabs the pencil* Thats right air molecules, fear my writing utensil!

-Yeah that kid aint got nothing on Wanyuudou

-Yay Princess Kikuri is now a traffic obstacle!

-What? Is Yamagami Light on this bus with his girlfriend and an FBI agent?

-Oh no the barber yakuza gang strikes again.

-NO! Stop being gay, id rather the kid be a wuss than be a poof.

-?!?

-Oh no not the back thing again!

-So one goes to hell the other goes psycho?

After Episode Comments:

I officially nominate this as the episode that made the least sense. I mean across the board! I dont even know how to phrase half the questions I have but ill do my best with the other half.

Ok so theories on why exactly the "guy" was sent to hell? I think it was just that the wussy kid put all his hopes and dreams into him or something like that and then saw that he was too scared to stand up for what was right when it mattered. To top it all off he used the kid as an excuse (or he was just being gay *slaps the man*).

Whatever the case pretty much all of the non-reoccurring characters in this episode were unlikeable and made little to no sense what so ever. If this episode is meant to be tragic then the audience should identify or sympathize with one of the characters.

Also those of you who thought that the stuff in episode 1 was gay...take notes. Episode 1 = not gay
Episode 4 = gay (in more ways than one)

Even without the "fruity" twist this episode didnt make sense. I mean seriously who gets on a bus with a knife and starts cutting peoples hair. Ok granted he did kidnap one guy presumably to rob but still if you are going to go to the trouble why not rob everyone on the bus? The only logical explanation for that scene was that a certain someone with a Death Note was on that bus trying to fool an FBI agent.

Verdict:

Hell no (pun intended). Even if the "guy" was a wussy fairy, so was the guy pulling the string. If im right and the reason for sending the guy to hell was because he let the kid down then that is extremely selfish and that kid needs psychiatric help badly.
Oct 27, 2008 6:18 PM

Jun 2008
Mehsi said:
o.0 for such a reason to send someone to hell... Normally the reasons are bad enough but this one is the worst of the 4 episodes seen.. I am almost feeling like dropping it if it continues with this..

If they always had a "good" reason to send someone to hell, it would get boring really fast. I actually like episodes like this best.
Oct 27, 2008 6:23 PM

Dec 2007
hirahira said:
Mehsi said:

If they always had a "good" reason to send someone to hell, it would get boring really fast. I actually like episodes like this best.

its not that the reason was "bad", it was just ridiculus, unlogical, laughable, retarded etc. we have been shown many bad reasons to send someone to hell throughout the jigoku shoujo series, but this one.. Yeargh
Oct 27, 2008 6:24 PM

Jun 2008
oh, well. at least we know that the person who sent that guy to hell will go to hell themself for their stupidity
Oct 27, 2008 7:00 PM

Apr 2007
First of all to all homophobes
You are all going to hell for hating people for no reason have fun jerks =D

About the episode
I hated the stupid reason for sending that guy to hell
Like all of the episodes so far (episode 2 has the only good reason but then we discover that the wife preferd it that way than having no one)
Oct 27, 2008 7:01 PM
Nov 2007
My theory is the kid was born at the town where the last episodes of season 2 take place. That explains why he would send someone to hell for such a retarded reason as "you let me down".
Oct 27, 2008 7:12 PM

Mar 2008
I disagree, I personally think this ep is pretty good
You cant assume that the guy thinks like a normal person.
should highlight the part, where he said even if I change, the society wont, and the part when he walked outside, his smirk might have some meaning

or, maybe he thinks the society wont change, so he goes with it and picks on random guy for no reason, like sending him to hell
Oct 27, 2008 7:45 PM
Nov 2007
dragonshade said:
I disagree, I personally think this ep is pretty good
You cant assume that the guy thinks like a normal person.
should highlight the part, where he said even if I change, the society wont, and the part when he walked outside, his smirk might have some meaning

or, maybe he thinks the society wont change, so he goes with it and picks on random guy for no reason, like sending him to hell

So what you are saying is that he is not just a gay wuss but an emo gay wuss?

Damn this kid could give Shinji Ikari a run for his money in the annoying character contest if he had his own show.

Also Hamel, I dont understand, where on Earth did you get the idea that anyone here finds gay people to be frightening?
Oct 27, 2008 8:08 PM
Oct 2008
Eh it was alright i dont know why but it seems most of the time they have a male with the issue it tends to not be as great i dont know why, they may know it to because it doesnt happen very often lol
Oct 27, 2008 9:53 PM
Jul 2008
just watch the sub what im going to say isn't related what u guys were arguing over but...
somehow i agree with the boy "although u have changed urself, the society won't be changed because of u" (so let it stays the same, so just used to it, huh?) such a hopeless truth T-T
Oct 27, 2008 11:21 PM

Apr 2007
seekster said:

Also Hamel, I dont understand, where on Earth did you get the idea that anyone here finds gay people to be frightening?

Read page one
Oct 28, 2008 3:49 AM

Nov 2007
GAY ALERT! Seriously, I never believe angel999 for a second when she says that this episode was really gay. I was wrong, sorry angel999.

"There was some sweat on my eyes" "Oh, let me fix it" -kisses the kid- "All better?"

wtf?

Oh yeah, PEDO ALERT.

Also I don't understand why he sent Nishida-san to hell just because he wasn't 'brave enough to stand up for the guy' Pathetic excuse, too bad you're going to hell, sucker.

I liked the 3rd episode but this one takes the cake. Although I'm still a fan of Hell Girl.

--

angel999, THAT NURSE IS TSUGUMI! : D

If she wasn't then they should have revealed her name and make us see her face, also she should have atleast 1 line if it wasn't Tsugumi. I'm having a strong feeling that we will be seeing more of Tsugumi and We'll be seeing Takuma too. ; D

Oct 28, 2008 1:03 PM

Jun 2008
I thought this was one of the most entertaining episodes. But that boy was so mean. I'm so glad that he will be going to hell too
Oct 28, 2008 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
Damn this anime is being hated on, aside from still getting "wtf" vibes from the whole 'transformation' scene (which isn't neccessarily a bad thing, this being Jigoku Shoujo and all), I loved everything about this episode, I think it was one of the better ones.

The gay part was awesome, I don't get what the fuss is, I think it's great to see many different kinds of relationships and the emotions they bring about in people, that is, after all, what this anime is about. (also, for all you bible-humpers out there, besides it totally not being relevant here, I recall something about "love thy neighbour", remind me, who said that again ? Also, "Love" is not reserved as an emotion between man and woman, you can call it sinful all you want, but it doesn't change the actual emotion between gay people, and it's well known that "God" created all the good emotions in the world, the _most important_ of which, is love. (As a further thing to think about, there is no way to be 100% certain about what "God" thinks or believes, as humans, we can only guess, therefore, would it not be immensely rude to, being a human, tell God what to think ? Whether God thinks being Gay is sinful or not, there's a good chance he's more annoyed about all those humans telling him what he should or should not think))

Also, there's the part about his reason for sending him to hell, I don't think it was an invalid reason, of course, it's stupid to send people to hell whatever reason you have, but I think the reason for sending the teacher in episode was less valid than this. The point is _not_ that he sent him to hell because he was scared, he doesn't send everyone else to hell, it's because he knows Nishida believes what he believes. Others might not believe in the whole "being a hero and protecting others" idea, that's the way it is, but Nishida firmly thought that way, and he betrayed himself and his ideals by not standing up to take on the guy with the sword. It's not that the other guy got hurt, it's that Nishida betrayed the ideals they believed in, and, to top it off, made up an _excuse_ to try and get away with it. (We know he didn't turn a blind eye because his boyfriend was there, he was scared, and lied about it) Yes, he would have risked himself and everyone else if he had taken on the guy, but it's not about rational thought, heroism comes with the inherent risk of this happening.

PS: Whether Angel999 is a troll or really that ignorant, isn't there ample reason for a permanent ban of some sort at this point ? Nothing annoys me more than when people like him are given a platform to spout their nonsense, and I'm pretty sure if someone were saying the same things about, say, black people, they'd be banned tenfold by now.

PPS: @Angel999: "WHEN I WAS A KID I GOT SOOOO MANY TIME ALMOST ABUSED BY GAYS! I escaped many times! SO I HAVE MY REASONS TO HATE THEM AND CURSE THEM!", logical fallacy, your test group (namely the gays that allegedly abused you), is not representive of the entire group for several reasons (size, plus a bias in selection (you would not know gays who do not abuse you because you wouldn't be near them))

TL;DR: People are complaining too much, Jigoku Shoujo is Jigoku Shoujo, it didn't get worse or different this season, stop watching if you don't like it.
removed-userOct 28, 2008 2:54 PM
Oct 28, 2008 5:33 PM
Nov 2007
While I dont agree with angel, im not a big fan of banning someone for giving their opinion. If you disagree with them then respond. No one is stopping you. If someone is offended, then talk back, dont just whine about it hoping it goes away.

Now then back on topic.

I actually like Season 3 so far with the exception of episode 4. I mean Season 1 and 2 are better so far but we havnt even seen half of Season 3 yet so im withholding my final judgment.
Oct 28, 2008 9:31 PM
Jul 2008
seekster said:
Poor Ai, she has had to put up with people's crap for centuries. I guess she has just gotten used to people's stupidity by now.

haha good comment. I do agree with u.
Oct 28, 2008 10:46 PM

Dec 2007
GGLucas said:
Damn this anime is being hated on, aside from still getting "wtf" vibes from the whole 'transformation' scene (which isn't neccessarily a bad thing, this being Jigoku Shoujo and all), I loved everything about this episode, I think it was one of the better ones.

The gay part was awesome, I don't get what the fuss is, I think it's great to see many different kinds of relationships and the emotions they bring about in people, that is, after all, what this anime is about. (also, for all you bible-humpers out there, besides it totally not being relevant here, I recall something about "love thy neighbour", remind me, who said that again ? Also, "Love" is not reserved as an emotion between man and woman, you can call it sinful all you want, but it doesn't change the actual emotion between gay people, and it's well known that "God" created all the good emotions in the world, the _most important_ of which, is love. (As a further thing to think about, there is no way to be 100% certain about what "God" thinks or believes, as humans, we can only guess, therefore, would it not be immensely rude to, being a human, tell God what to think ? Whether God thinks being Gay is sinful or not, there's a good chance he's more annoyed about all those humans telling him what he should or should not think))

Also, there's the part about his reason for sending him to hell, I don't think it was an invalid reason, of course, it's stupid to send people to hell whatever reason you have, but I think the reason for sending the teacher in episode was less valid than this. The point is _not_ that he sent him to hell because he was scared, he doesn't send everyone else to hell, it's because he knows Nishida believes what he believes. Others might not believe in the whole "being a hero and protecting others" idea, that's the way it is, but Nishida firmly thought that way, and he betrayed himself and his ideals by not standing up to take on the guy with the sword. It's not that the other guy got hurt, it's that Nishida betrayed the ideals they believed in, and, to top it off, made up an _excuse_ to try and get away with it. (We know he didn't turn a blind eye because his boyfriend was there, he was scared, and lied about it) Yes, he would have risked himself and everyone else if he had taken on the guy, but it's not about rational thought, heroism comes with the inherent risk of this happening.

PS: Whether Angel999 is a troll or really that ignorant, isn't there ample reason for a permanent ban of some sort at this point ? Nothing annoys me more than when people like him are given a platform to spout their nonsense, and I'm pretty sure if someone were saying the same things about, say, black people, they'd be banned tenfold by now.

PPS: @Angel999: "WHEN I WAS A KID I GOT SOOOO MANY TIME ALMOST ABUSED BY GAYS! I escaped many times! SO I HAVE MY REASONS TO HATE THEM AND CURSE THEM!", logical fallacy, your test group (namely the gays that allegedly abused you), is not representive of the entire group for several reasons (size, plus a bias in selection (you would not know gays who do not abuse you because you wouldn't be near them))

TL;DR: People are complaining too much, Jigoku Shoujo is Jigoku Shoujo, it didn't get worse or different this season, stop watching if you don't like it.

point taken, but still i thought it was a pretty fucked up reason. as i know it, grades are really important in Japan (in the Japan we are introduced to through anime anyway) and getting bad grades= outcast in society, shame to the family etc. so the school episode had a totally valid reason IMO.
Oct 29, 2008 3:17 AM
Jul 2018
brazan90 said:
point taken, but still i thought it was a pretty fucked up reason. as i know it, grades are really important in Japan (in the Japan we are introduced to through anime anyway) and getting bad grades= outcast in society, shame to the family etc. so the school episode had a totally valid reason IMO.

Yes, very fucked up, it would have to be for someone to be crazy enough to send someone to hell for it, but not more stupid, laughable or retarded than the rest of them :P

Okay, I guess when you consider grades being incredibly important, the reason makes a bit more sense, still, I find it hard to believe that any school system could be so unforgiving as to make a person's entire future depend on achievements made during a time at which they are rather emotionally frail. If it is actually that way in Japan, people there have my deepest condolences.

----------------

seekster said:
While I dont agree with angel, im not a big fan of banning someone for giving their opinion. If you disagree with them then respond. No one is stopping you. If someone is offended, then talk back, dont just whine about it hoping it goes away.

Now then back on topic.

I actually like Season 3 so far with the exception of episode 4. I mean Season 1 and 2 are better so far but we havnt even seen half of Season 3 yet so im withholding my final judgment.

"im not a big fan of banning someone for giving their opinion."
100% agreed, but there's a big difference between giving your opinion and shouting in all caps while condemning a particular group of people and hating. I don't think you should be banned for thinking being gay in sinful, for example, I might not agree with you, but at least you express your opinion in a civilised manner.

"If you disagree with them then respond. No one is stopping you. If someone is offended, then talk back, dont just whine about it hoping it goes away."
AFAIK that's exactly what I did in my post, I'm not offended, I just don't think this way of talking and expressing his opinion is appropriate, and I think he's been going far enough to warrant some kind of mod intervention.

angel999 said:
I AM SORRY FOR POSTING SUCH HATE BUT I WAS JUST EXPRESSING MYSELF in regards to the episode AND HAVE NO INTENTION IN BRINGING THIS FURTHER.

Good, now if you bother to turn off caps lock I might actually believe you :P
Caps = Not Cool

PS: For curiosity's sake, what do you base this "Gay = Sinful" argument on, other than a lot of christians saying it is. I've been raised with the bible, and I don't recall there ever being anything in there that says gays go to hell/are sinful. (And don't come to me with that leviticus crap, there is a massive amount of fucked up stuff in the old testament that nobody listens to any more, you can't just listen to one thing and choose to ignore another, if you use leviticus to justify this argument, then you damn well better not be eating pork)
Oct 29, 2008 5:02 AM
Nov 2007
*sigh* I guess we are going to have to stay off topic for a while.

I always considered Sodom and Gomorrah to be the main argument that homosexuality is in fact sinful. Having said that I disagree with angel that it is an automatic ticket to hell. It is my belief that it is viewed as a sin similar to say, adultery or deceit. As such there is no sin that a person can commit for which they are beyond redemption.

Homosexuality is a choice, a person may feel that they are attracted to an individual of the same gender but it is their choice to act on that temptation. It is not sinful to be tempted, only to act on temptation.

I hope this explains my perspective.

Also I am made to understand that the Japanese School system puts students under extremely high pressure, I mean in a way that makes our schools in the USA look like a joke. If someone ends up doing something like that over grades, I can kind of understand.
Oct 29, 2008 10:23 AM

Mar 2005
please get back on topic guys, open up a thread if you wish to discuss the morals, or lack thereof, of homosexuality
Oct 29, 2008 11:05 AM
Nov 2007
kei-clone said:
please get back on topic guys, open up a thread if you wish to discuss the morals, or lack thereof, of homosexuality

Thats what I am hoping for. Btw I love your avatar Kei ^_^
Oct 29, 2008 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
@seekster: ok, point taken, although I disagree with homosexuality being the main reason given for the destruction of sodom and gomorrah (imho the focus is more on the inhospitality and the general attitude around sex of those people), I can see how it would be possible to interpret this as such. That said, this is the final off-topic sentence I will post in this thread, if anyone wants to discuss further, PM me :P

Anyway, to try and re-rail the thread, anyone care to speculate on how and why Enma Ai came back from the dead ? Bit early at this point, but it seems sort of a silly thing to do, returning to a 'life' you despised for so long ? Also, what happened to the house and the grandma and the spider ? They have yet to return, and it saddens me that we don't get any more scenes of Ai in the other "world" (?), except for the times she hands over the stray dolls to people, which would suggest the crimson-shaded place still exists ? I sure hope they'll give us an explanation soon, as well as for the reason kikuri lost her original body, why wanyuudo can't take her to the human world any more, why the "transformation" scene is so fucked up, and who the new guy is, so many questions, so few answers XD
Oct 29, 2008 2:35 PM

Jul 2008
GGLucas said:
@seekster: ok, point taken, although I disagree with homosexuality being the main reason given for the destruction of sodom and gomorrah (imho the focus is more on the inhospitality and the general attitude around sex of those people), I can see how it would be possible to interpret this as such. That said, this is the final off-topic sentence I will post in this thread, if anyone wants to discuss further, PM me :P

Anyway, to try and re-rail the thread, anyone care to speculate on how and why Enma Ai came back from the dead ? Bit early at this point, but it seems sort of a silly thing to do, returning to a 'life' you despised for so long ? Also, what happened to the house and the grandma and the spider ? They have yet to return, and it saddens me that we don't get any more scenes of Ai in the other "world" (?), except for the times she hands over the stray dolls to people, which would suggest the crimson-shaded place still exists ? I sure hope they'll give us an explanation soon, as well as for the reason kikuri lost her original body, why wanyuudo can't take her to the human world any more, why the "transformation" scene is so fucked up, and who the new guy is, so many questions, so few answers XD

Yeah I do wonder about that but also what happened to Tsugumi and her dad??

What happened to that boy from season 2....I know he did not die at the end.

Also.....was not stupidity of the village people and their beliefs that killed Ai? I know Ai had to pay for burning all of them BUT that was supposed to be done in season 2.

Taking it logically the deal must have something to do with her being able to return to a real body...MY SUGGESTION----------> Yuzuki giving birth to a baby girl BUT How The Hell will they accomplish that in this season????
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 1, 2008 2:13 PM

Aug 2008
We also need to know why she picked that girl's body.

The way I see it, at the end of Season 2, Ai finally resisted fate (and it got her killed). Somehow she avoided going to hell and is now once again playing the Jigoku Shoujo. Since her old body was 400+ years old when she died (again), she needs a new one.

In the last season, her death was supposed to be a step towards breaking the never-ending chain of revenge and hatred. I feel that, even though she is once again ferrying people to hell, she has an ulterior motive of trying to break the chain of hatred. This may be related to why she chose that girl for a body, since it may be similar to the effect that informing Tsugumi and Hajime about Jigoku Tsuushin contractors had.

Either way, the truth shall unfold in due time~
"Cicadas, even though their lives last only a few weeks, fall in love and disappear"

~Heed the roar of the mighty ocelot~
Nov 2, 2008 1:39 AM

Mar 2008
Not too hard to get, basically he looked up to the guy so much and thought so much of him and relied on him so much that when he didnt stand up to that guy on the bus it let him down and showed him he wasnt as great as he thought and abandoned him sending him to hell. In the end he became a tormentor himself even.
Nov 2, 2008 10:34 PM

Oct 2007
man im pretty disappointed with this episode... the other ones before this one was okay... hopefully it gets better... on another note i know you have your own beliefs angel999 but you should watch what you post about since they are off topic and can stir up a lot of controversy...
Nov 3, 2008 9:24 AM
Nov 2008
I recently watch it.

Though I dislike this episode, it succeed one thing.
It make many people hate the Client instead of those who get sent to hell
(With some minority who think different...No Right or Wrong...just different)

Yes ,at a few last episode in season 1 and season 2 did that too.
But this episode craft it more carefully and with more focused individual matter.

I notice that "Revenge scene" get more and more comedic
and a lot less crucial compare to 1st and 2nd Season...is this intended?
Or it's just a show of gimmick...which will be really disappointed

BTW His smile at the end creep me too.
This is really psychological complex!

Nov 4, 2008 1:28 AM

Jan 2008
The ending story scene was creepy - the guy's grin.
Nov 12, 2008 8:26 AM

Mar 2008
What an odd reason to send someone to Hell for.
Nov 17, 2008 10:53 AM

Aug 2008
That perversity! Was his best friend!
Nov 17, 2008 7:07 PM

Jan 2008
Wtf, sent to hell because he didn't stop that retard? I don't like his reasoning.
Nov 19, 2008 6:50 AM

Mar 2008
lol.. long debates against angel999..
@angel999: don't worry, i understand u're just trying to express ur feelings although u do get a bit extreme sometimes ^^
Dec 10, 2008 3:44 AM
Nov 2007
I think it's fairly obvious the boy was mentally retarded. At least that's how I justify his decision to send his idol to hell.

Somehow, even with some disappointing aspects, watching Jigoku Shoujo is still something I look foreword to a lot. It's just...something I enjoy doing. I don't think this season could ever get bad enough for me to drop it. Though I think I'm rating it 6/10 so far.
Dec 10, 2008 10:31 PM
Feb 2008
TirMcDohl said:
I think it's fairly obvious the boy was mentally retarded.
watching Jigoku Shoujo is still something I look foreword to a lot.

Sorry, but you made me lol.
Dec 12, 2008 1:54 AM

May 2007
What the hell is wrong with that Takeru kid? It not someone's obligation to step up for that asshole in the bus. Anyone knows being a hero in situation like that can risk your life.

This thread looks pretty bad btw. I don't really understand all the hate and don't want to know.
Jan 17, 2009 5:03 AM
Nov 2008
At least this episode is better than EP12...
It has it's own topic about the loss of idealism , end of innocence something like that
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 18 Discussion

guyklc - Feb 7, 2009

35 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 27, 2008

72 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 23 Discussion

guyklc - Mar 14, 2009

47 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.