Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 2, 2009 5:17 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, Seems this movie took first place on MAL by rating...for the time being.

EDIT: Don't post here cause this thread broke since the server crash.

Mod edit - Updated title.
aeroMar 9, 2009 1:55 AM
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 2009 5:20 PM

Jun 2008
finally TTGL got kicked off the first place. i hope it remains.
Feb 2, 2009 5:21 PM

Feb 2008
Watch me bump it some more....once my downloading is finished.
Feb 2, 2009 5:22 PM

Jul 2007
Nayah said:
Watch me bump it some more....once my downloading is finished.

Yeah, I'm keen to see just how amazing this is.
Feb 2, 2009 5:22 PM

Jun 2008
I can't wait to watch it. Maybe I'll give it a 10 just to keep the rating high xD
Feb 2, 2009 5:27 PM

Sep 2008
Lol, I made it go up to 9.05 by adding it to my anime list with a 10...
Feb 2, 2009 5:34 PM

Jun 2008
wow, i am totally getting to watch those Kara no Kyokai movies SOON. i mean TTGL was #1 for as long as i've been on this site, and now it's finally kicked off. i'm kinda excited to see those movies XD
Feb 2, 2009 5:37 PM
Mar 2008
Lol, this is the same as Aria, I don't know if this is really good. But, as there are lots of prequels, the low scores are received by the first movies, while the last ones only get the high scores. It's been a few days since this aired, only the crazy fans have watched it. This is #1, ok, but if it didn't have the 4 prequels holding the low scores, this won't even be in the top 10.

That's all.
Feb 2, 2009 5:39 PM

Nov 2007
this kind of feels like Geass R2 all over again
Feb 2, 2009 5:40 PM

Sep 2008
Wishy said:
Lol, this is the same as Aria, I don't know if this is really good. But, as there are lots of prequels, the low scores are received by the first movies, while the last ones only get the high scores. It's been a few days since this aired, only the crazy fans have watched it. This is #1, ok, but if it didn't have the 4 prequels holding the low scores, this won't even be in the top 10.

That's all.

Yeah, probably.
Feb 2, 2009 5:41 PM

Feb 2008
I dunno about you but almost all of the sequels in my anime list gets worse if not similar ratings as compared to their prequels.

Only exception was Jigoku Shoujo and Hidamari Sketch x 365 (if you can even call it a sequel to Hidamari Sketch).
Feb 2, 2009 5:42 PM

Sep 2008
Scud said:

Yeah, I'm keen to see just how amazing this is.

Ditto. Its been on my list for a while, but I'm definitely going to have to check this out soon.
Feb 2, 2009 5:43 PM

Sep 2008
Nayah said:
I dunno about you but almost all of the sequels in my anime list gets worse if not similar ratings as compared to their prequels.

Only exception was Jigoku Shoujo and Hidamari Sketch x 365 (if you can even call it a sequel to Hidamari Sketch).

Sequels get higher rating at first cause all the crazy fans watch it as soon as possible and give it a 10...but then the other non-crazy people will watch it later and it'll start to go down.
Feb 2, 2009 5:47 PM

Aug 2008
Wait till we get bombard by 1s
Feb 2, 2009 5:59 PM

Jun 2008
@Wishy, what do u mean it's been a few days since it aired? it aired in August o.o (which is the main reason i'm surprised it suddenly went all the way to 1)
Feb 2, 2009 6:02 PM

Sep 2008
Maybe the sub was just realeased or something?
Feb 2, 2009 6:07 PM

Nov 2007
it came out in theatres in august, came out on DVD only a few days ago.
Feb 2, 2009 6:08 PM
Mar 2008
I mean, all that matters is when it gets subbed, few people watch it in theaters here.
Feb 2, 2009 6:10 PM

Feb 2008
It aired in August in the japanese movie theater. DVD takes their sweet time to distribute.

Edit : Got beaten to it.

Only time will tell, if Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen can really live up to its rating....in MAL at least.
Feb 2, 2009 6:11 PM

Dec 2007
Wishy said:

That's all.

but they didnt get "low scores". the scores for the previous movies would be considered high on MAL. and of course only the biggest fans would see it the day it was subbed first, i think thats pretty obvious. and how would u know it wouldnt be top 10? its actually really good and deserved at least in the top 10 so please dont make assumptions without even seeing any of the movies.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2009 6:37 PM

Dec 2007
I'd go as far as to say that this deserves the top score. I've only given out six 10s, this is one of them.
PeanutSteakFeb 2, 2009 6:44 PM

#NBHNC
Feb 2, 2009 7:09 PM

Nov 2007
I can see it dropping, though. The first half will confuse a lot of people who may even drop it and rate it 1 or something.
Feb 2, 2009 7:12 PM
Jun 2007
I think this will stay top #1 for a while.
Asako said:
I can see it dropping, though. The first half will confuse a lot of people who may even drop it and rate it 1 or something.

Nah, people aren't that dumb. lol
Feb 2, 2009 7:13 PM
Mar 2008
It will drop, as CG R2, though in the future we gonna see Kara no Kyoukai sixth movie ranked #1, and then the same with the last one.
Feb 2, 2009 7:14 PM

Nov 2007
Drengot said:

You greatly underestimate the power of human stupidity.
Feb 2, 2009 7:17 PM

Dec 2007
Wishy said:
It will drop, as CG R2, though in the future we gonna see Kara no Kyoukai sixth movie ranked #1, and then the same with the last one.

how would u know? u havnt even seen any of the movies yet. what ur saying is just an assumption with no basis behind it, KnK 5 really deserves #1. it is even regarded in the novel as being the best ch so chances are the next 2 wont rank as high, and CG R2 dropped down a little cuz the ending was terrible but it stayed high cuz all the fans who wouldnt admit it was bad kept their scores as 10's.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2009 7:18 PM
Mar 2008
PeanutSteak said:
I'd go as far as to say that this deserves the top score. I've only given out six 10s, this is one of them.

So what? You gave a 9 to Azumanga Daioh and an 8 to Lucky Star, keep saying that you gave few 10, but to be honest you haven't watched many things that really deserve a 10.
Feb 2, 2009 7:19 PM
Jun 2007
Asako said:
Drengot said:

You greatly underestimate the power of human stupidity.

No point arguing with this one.. lol

Its either the fans of Gurren Lagann or trolls will bring this down. Either way, I'm pretty confident it will stay #1 because the movie was awesome.
Oct 2008
Wishy said:

Nah. Paradox Spiral was universally considered to be the best of all seven chapters in the original KnK novels, while Oblivion Recorder was also universally considered to be the worst.

I believe that the order originally went something like this, with a few minor variations:

Paradox Spiral > Murder Speculation 2 > Remaining Sense of Pain > Murder Speculation 1 > The Hollow Shrine > Overlooking View > Oblivion Recorder

Feb 2008
Inb4 Elitist comments. Maybe even Defiance but i doubt he watches this.
Feb 2, 2009 7:20 PM

Apr 2007
Drengot said:

Asako said:

Uh...

Feb 2, 2009 7:20 PM
Jun 2007
Ketuekigami said:
Wishy said:

how would u know? u havnt even seen any of the movies yet. what ur saying is just an assumption with no basis behind it, KnK 5 really deserves #1. it is even regarded in the novel as being the best ch so chances are the next 2 wont rank as high, and CG R2 dropped down a little cuz the ending was terrible but it stayed high cuz all the fans who wouldnt admit it was bad kept their scores as 10's.

qft
Feb 2, 2009 7:21 PM
Mar 2008
Ketuekigami said:
Wishy said:

Lol stop speaking nonsense, Code Geass R2 started high, then dropped and rised again because the ending was epic. I haven't watched any of the movies, yeah, but it doesn't matter when we are talking about this. With "this" I mean the top rated series with lots of sequels, which avoid low scores. It happened with Aria, with Code Geass, with Higurashi, with Clannad, with Junjo Romantica, with Black Lagoon, do I have to continue telling series that have sequels with higher scores than the first seasons just because they avoid low scores? I'm not saying this movies are bad, in fact I'm pretty sure they gonna get a 8~10 in my list, but I think top #1 is only happening because the prequels.

About this being the best of the seven chapters, I don't really know, nor I care, it doesn't change the fact that this won't get any real score under 6 (Who's gonna watch 4 movies giving them low scores? They'll probably drop the series at the second/third movie). Therefore it will be high rated.
Feb 2, 2009 7:26 PM

Oct 2008
Screenshotted.

Feb 2, 2009 7:27 PM

Dec 2007
Wishy said:
Ketuekigami said:
Wishy said:

Lol stop speaking nonsense, Code Geass R2 started high, then dropped and rised again because the ending was epic. I haven't watched any of the movies, yeah, but it doesn't matter when we are talking about this. With "this" I mean the top rated series with lots of sequels, which avoid low scores. It happened with Aria, with Code Geass, with Higurashi, with Clannad, with Junjo Romantica, with Black Lagoon, do I have to continue telling series that have sequels with higher scores than the first seasons just because they avoid low scores? I'm not saying this movies are bad, in fact I'm pretty sure they gonna get a 8~10 in my list, but I think top #1 is only happening because the prequels.

the R2 end was terrible, the only saving grace was the last ep but the 5 before that went by so fast that it was impossible to tell what was going on... but this isnt a CG thread so this isnt the place.
but theres a problem with ur logic... these arent separate series, all 7 are considered 1 series, its a set of 7 ova's that make up a complete series. and YES IT DOES MATTER. u cannot judge something like KnK without experiencing it. until u do ur opinion has absolutely no basis to it, bringing up other series's is not an argument.
and btw, Clannad S2 is better then S1.
please stop having negative assumptions about anime without watching them, its just common sence.
Feb 2, 2009 7:28 PM
Mar 2008
¿?
Feb 2, 2009 7:28 PM
Jun 2007
Sorry, but I find it illogical. Series having many sequels gets higher score that is.
Feb 2, 2009 7:30 PM

Dec 2007
and to add, all those series u mentioned didnt get low scores. the scores are considered high by MAL standards. if ppl wanted to check the MAL list to see what to watch those series's scores arnt low enough were ppl would avoid them.
Feb 2, 2009 7:35 PM
Mar 2008
To Ketuekigami:

You aren't getting right what I'm trying to say, it seems. Let's say a random user watches the first Kara no Kyoukai movie, and says "Hey this isn't as good as I thought, I'll give it a 6 cause I got a little bored.. but I'll give a try to the next one."

Then he watched the second one and says: "Well... this isn't good." and gives it a 5. With this I can safely say that this guy didn't really like this series, therefore it's probable that he won't even complete it. Therefore, the next movies won't get the 5~6 this user was currently giving to the series. I'm bringing up other series to show you how everything works in this kind of rankings. In the case of Aria, the second season is THE SAME as the first one, but it has a higher score than the first one. Why? Because nobody will bother watching the second seasons if they didn't even complete the first one. But it seems you can't accept that the same is happening here, the only reason for this to be top #1 is that, it won't receive even one low score (except for some troll which already have given this some -4 scores).
Feb 2, 2009 7:39 PM

Aug 2008
Wishy said:
Ketuekigami said:
Wishy said:

About this being the best of the seven chapters, I don't really know, nor I care, it doesn't change the fact that this won't get any real score under 6 (Who's gonna watch 4 movies giving them low scores? They'll probably drop the series at the second/third movie). Therefore it will be high rated.

I don't really see any reason why anyone would "drop" KnK; After seeing so many people giving something high praise, most people will be compelled to finish to see why. Well, that's under the assumption that everyone here have basic comprehending skills (?).

Another thing is that, ARIA is not suitable for comparison, since Aria is so episodic. KnK is viewed as a whole. Missing out one movie is as if missing an important organ (dropping because you dont get it in the first place is just plain stupid). People drop things only when the plot becomes so rotten and predictable, main characters becomes annoying, or maybe the art sucks (list more if you want), those of which KnK don't have.
IiotokoFeb 2, 2009 7:55 PM
Feb 2, 2009 7:40 PM
Jun 2007
Wishy said:
To Ketuekigami:

You aren't getting right what I'm trying to say, it seems. Let's say a random user watches the first Kara no Kyoukai movie, and says "Hey this isn't as good as I thought, I'll give it a 6 cause I got a little bored.. but I'll give a try to the next one."

Then he watched the second one and says: "Well... this isn't good." and gives it a 5. With this I can safely say that this guy didn't really like this series, therefore it's probable that he won't even complete it. Therefore, the next movies won't get the 5~6 this user was currently giving to the series. I'm bringing up other series to show you how everything works in this kind of rankings. In the case of Aria, the second season is THE SAME as the first one, but it has a higher score than the first one. Why? Because nobody will bother watching the second seasons if they didn't even complete the first one. But it seems you can't accept that the same is happening here, the only reason for this to be top #1 is that, it won't receive even one low score (except for some troll which already have given this some -4 scores).

It's a coincident. You're over analyzing things.

But Yuuko said there's no coincident in this world, so its probably cause by outside force.
Feb 2, 2009 7:42 PM

Dec 2007
Wishy said:
To Ketuekigami:

that does happen in theory but if u only see sequels as that then wuts the point of watching any anime that has a sequel if u think that it cant be as good as ppl think it is. but KnK is a different story and i will not take ur point of view into consideration too much until u actually watch cuz at this point ur just trolling.

and if u didnt like Aria thats ok but just cuz the seasons are the same doesnt mean its bad, in fact since thats what the series is know for. so if u dont feel the rating system works then dont use it, but alot of ppl (like me) use the MAL system and watched alot of great anime cuz of it.
Feb 2, 2009 7:44 PM

Sep 2008
Well technically, Wishy IS actually right. Thats how scoring always worked and will always work. The fact that it works this way doesn't mean that KnK 5 is overrated or anything though.
Feb 2, 2009 7:47 PM

Dec 2007
5layer said:
Well technically, Wishy IS actually right. Thats how scoring always worked and will always work. The fact that it works this way doesn't mean that KnK 5 is overrated or anything though.

by that theory it is impossible to tell wuts overrated till u actually see it... but thats a good thing, u can never assume anything especially anime until u experience it.

and yes it is like that. but like i said, watch then judge... thats all there is too it. u cant assume it does or doesnt deserve #1 until u see it.
Feb 2, 2009 7:47 PM
Jun 2008
Drengot said:
Asako said:

This is MAL, these aren't your ordinary people.

Feb 2, 2009 7:51 PM

Sep 2008
the_prime_one said:
Drengot said:
Asako said:

Huh? You implying that people on MAL are dumber than ordinary people? lol
Feb 2, 2009 7:53 PM

Oct 2008
Ketuekigami said:
Wishy said:
To Ketuekigami:

that does happen in theory but if u only see sequels as that then wuts the point of watching any anime that has a sequel if u think that it cant be as good as ppl think it is. but KnK is a different story and i will not take ur point of view into consideration too much until u actually watch cuz at this point ur just trolling.

and if u didnt like Aria thats ok but just cuz the seasons are the same doesnt mean its bad, in fact since thats what the series is know for. so if u dont feel the rating system works then dont use it, but alot of ppl (like me) use the MAL system and watched alot of great anime cuz of it.

Lol, he did like Aria, he scored 9-9-10 to each season :P
But what he means is that nobody (or almost nobody) that didnt like the first movies will watch the others so they have less low scores and obviously will have a better average.

He never said these movies were bad, he's just saying that this one in particular is overrated, I don't know which position it would have, but probably it wouldnt be Top 1.

Of course, he watched great anime because of MAL, as almost everyone of us did (personally, Hajime no Ippo and LOGH are 2 examples), he didnt criticise the system, he just said that sequels tend to get better scores because of what he explained before (if they are not worse than the first season obviously).
Feb 2, 2009 7:54 PM
Jun 2008
5layer said:
the_prime_one said:
Drengot said:
Asako said:

Some of the users that I have seen would be considered dumber than a cockroach.

Feb 2, 2009 7:55 PM

Feb 2008
5layer said:
the_prime_one said:
Drengot said:
Asako said:

Only more spiteful. I can already see it now...the clone accounts.

EDIT : TPO, this is it. This is the last time you are gonna one-up me. I shall now go to plot your banning.
Feb 2, 2009 7:55 PM
Apr 2008
I am by no means a diehard fan of any of the Kara no Kyoukai movies or Type-Moon in general, but I must admit, this is one spectacular piece of shit.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» best plot twist in anime history?

sabervergarden - Feb 12, 2021

11 by sudhanshu_hbk »»
May 11, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Aug 22, 2008

507 by FZREMAKE »»
Jul 31, 2023 3:39 PM

» why peaple gave this episode low rate to be lower than it deserve? this episode is masterpiece

RCvvvv - Sep 17, 2022

17 by Phloup »»
Sep 17, 2022 4:03 PM

Poll: » which is the best ost from ufotable

filthyfrank8142 - Feb 4, 2022

6 by JJxy »»
Mar 29, 2022 5:58 AM

» Am I the only one who doesn't like Kokutou?

Albee98 - Sep 24, 2021

9 by 234Mannan »»
Oct 20, 2021 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.