Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2013 1:01 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm surprised that there isn't a discussion topic already for the last episode of this season. Personally, I didn't find this episode in itself to be that exciting, it was just the predictable, or should I say inevitable, ending to the season. But I felt like the finale to this season in general (the last 5 or so episodes) was really strong compared to previous seasons. The rammed down pacifism is a bit annoying, but overall I find this season to be more complex and interesting than the previous ones, not to mention well animated (*really* well animated at some parts).
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 17, 2013 5:59 PM

Mar 2012
agreed - I really did like it and the animation of mecha in particular is really beautiful at times.
Nov 8, 2013 7:46 AM

Oct 2008
Yes, this was a better ending than the endings of the previous seasons. There wasn't much of a last minute ass pull like they used to have, so good job. Though I was also annoyed by the last minute pacifism, lol.
And overall this season was a little better than the previous ones as well. Both in terms of animation, story and fleshing out some side characters, which the previous seasons didn't do much of.

Anyway.. All I have left to watch now is the "Final" movie, the 2009 movie, then the 2199 remake (which I'm really looking forward to) and then I'm done with this franchise.
Jan 1, 2014 7:34 PM
Nov 2013
I didn't care for this season at all.....at least the dubbed version that is, being the one I watched.

The bad: Lots of inconsistencies with the previous 2 seasons. Bad voice acting and using different voice actors. That super awful mega pacification ending "one must never fight or this happens, blah, blah, blah". Sorry sometimes one needs to fight to defend what is important. The 3rd glowing female alien that a crew member falls for that ends up badly....I mean seriously...after seeing the 1st two times that happened, if I was a crew member and saw the 3rd one I would be just a wee bit wary. What was with Orion all of a sudden becoming a member of the hair club for men, and somehow becoming approximately 35 years younger? The sending away of all the women but Nova mid way through season, as if to say she was the only one that had useful skills. Everyone in the Bolar Federation having Russian accents (can almost forgive this given this came out during the Cold War). I am sure there are other things that annoyed me that I just can't remember at the moment also.

The good: Not much to report here, better animation than the previous seasons I guess. Also, maybe the few episodes prior to the season ending one.....that is about it.

Episodes 1-18 or so 4/10
Episodes 19-24 6/10
Episode 25 3/10

Overall I will give season 3 a 4/10 as it was just overall bad, a real disappointment over the awesome sauce of season 1 and above averageness of season 2.

Edit: I bought this on DVD recently for completeness sake and my opinion hasn't changed as of yet. At least one of my questions was answered, it seems that the Orion from this series is actually the son of the one from Seasons 1 and 2....that makes a little more sense.

One thing I still find myself annoyed with is the change of voice actors, no idea why it was necessary but they are not as good as the ones from series 1 and 2.
KintaroOeOct 20, 2017 7:26 PM
Dec 31, 2014 3:48 AM

May 2008
I never expected Ageha and Domon to die, that was quite saddening for me. As for Desler, well, he proved to be useful for one moment after all of his failed attempts to help out the Earth and I'm grateful for that.

I liked the twists and the various new story elements that they tried out this season and I pretty much enjoyed all of the space battles. There were some inconsistencies of course, but overall I was really satisfied with the series and its ending so I'll go with an 8/10 score for this. :D
Aug 23, 2015 6:34 PM

May 2012
Once again the Yamato saves Earth and all of mankind!

Pretty epic ending if you ask me and while a quite dramatic finish it still was a good one! I personally really liked Desel in this season compared to the uncontrollable overlord from the first season! Together with some other great characters manning the yamato I did liked this ending of the third season.

I'm really looking forward to see what the two last movies will offer us.

All in all this third season was pretty good, not as good as the first obviously but still pretty solid.
Apr 13, 2016 7:19 AM

Jan 2012
Third season is the best! Especially last 10 episodes
Jun 19, 2020 6:40 AM
May 2019
Definitely a better ending than the previous seasons, but other than that, this season was really lacking. It just felt incredibly repetitive and introduced nothing new. Oh well, there are still two movies left. Hopefully, they will be better than what this season was.
Feb 20, 2022 2:37 AM

Apr 2019
Desler didn't learn, I think Kodai will realize this in the future. Pretty cool season, definitely better than the last movie
Mar 25, 2022 2:59 AM

Jul 2007
Well Personally my opinions slightly differ i guess then most of yours. I felt the romance Between Mesopina and Ageha to be extremly forced. I mean holy hell they spent like one day together in a cabiin aboard the yamato. How did they fall in love that quick? Also I would dissagree with some of the animation here. Some of the sequences in the first season were far more impressive visually in my opinion and the budget truly was at its peak especially towards the final episodes of Season 2. Also the threat to war was a bit more apparent in previous seasons, as there were more casualities and you really had that bitter sence of despair. Season 3 was sort of mild in comparison.

Not sure if anyone actually caught this but I do also feel that some of the battles were very rushed. Like the fight at Guardiana was over in a blink and we never got to see the result on both sides after that battle, the scene where they were getting ready to travel to the graveyard to witness the secret weapons.

Some of the good points though I think were the sacrifice at the end where the guy rams his ship literally up the ass of the Bolar federation Mainship and destroyed most of the ship so dessler could finish it off. This scene reminded me of that movie Independence day and I thought it was beatifully done.

Other then, the first half was very slow and not exciting at all imo. Its kind of reptitious with the whole Gamilus fighting the yamato with out dessler even knowing who he was fighting. Kind of strange that he would just give blind orders with out realizing who he is going up against. But as the 2nd part of the season started with them on the route to the 2nd earth, it started getting more interesting.

Over all i would give it a 6/10. I thought the series was decent, had some interesting idea's for a story but was not quite as well as executed as previous seasons.

anyways onto the final production of the Yamato saga. See how this whole thing ends.
ArtimesGamerApr 23, 2022 5:10 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 3 Episode 13 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 23, 2015

1 by Serhiyko »»
Mar 31, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 3 Episode 10 Discussion

Seabury - Jan 20, 2013

3 by Serhiyko »»
Mar 20, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 3 Episode 15 Discussion

sayami - Dec 30, 2014

2 by ArtimesGamer »»
Mar 21, 2022 11:42 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 3 Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 22, 2015

1 by Coolzweg2 »»
Feb 18, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 3 Episode 3 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 21, 2015

2 by Coolzweg2 »»
Feb 17, 2022 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.