Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2010 8:48 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Was a good ending to an average anime. I'd prefer the game a thousand times over this. The animation is just too choppy at times. I, for one, think that the OST is really great and fit in quite well especially at the end. "In This Serenity" is a really good track.

Overall, this anime gets a 7 out of 10 from me. Time to go hit my PS2.
Jan 24, 2011 5:31 PM

Oct 2007
Yeah I agree with you that the game is far better! The anime was really good though o.o
Mai Waifu~ Louise

I love her with all of my heart and soul~ <3
Feb 23, 2011 4:13 AM

Oct 2009
Good ending i guess, the anime had way to many flaws IMO like the artwork and animation was pretty dated and characters to me felt very "empty" but it was a good run...
Was going to give this a 7 but Shion really annoyed the heck out of me >.< so 6/10 ^^;;
Sep 12, 2013 8:17 PM

Sep 2012
I was thinking between 6 and 7, think I go with 6 for overall. The end wasn't bad though.
Nov 4, 2013 10:15 PM

Nov 2011
I gotta say, the OST of this show was almost perfect. The plot was kinda meh though but I found the drama unexpectingly decent at times. Overall, 5/10. Too short for my liking and I couldn't get attached to some of the action. The ending was nice though.
Jan 26, 2014 8:06 AM

May 2008
The ending was ok. I enjoyed the show at the beginning where the chars are being introduced but it gotten pretty weak halfway as the stage was set. Too much talk and melodrama without much emotion...5/10 from me.
May 30, 2021 7:22 PM
Dec 2017
it was a soso adaptation and well i rather buy the games instead.

Jul 15, 2021 10:55 AM

Aug 2012
Never played the game so I was abit lost at times. There is a bunch of unexplained fake science names for stuff that just left me clueless. The finale was alright I guess. Since this is presumably only an adaptation of the first game from the PS2 trilogy then alot is left unaddressed, which is unfortunate since this is it for Xenosaga Anime.

I thought the Animation was alright, certainly all the characters looked good for the time and probably a whole lot better than they did in the games I bet. I liked the soundtrack too, especially the Ending Song which I listened to everytime.

Anyway pretty average Sci-Fi show with far too much jargon unexplained to really enjoy on it's own.

5/10
Jul 23, 2021 6:58 PM
Dec 2017
BlaizeV said:
Never played the game so I was abit lost at times. There is a bunch of unexplained fake science names for stuff that just left me clueless. The finale was alright I guess. Since this is presumably only an adaptation of the first game from the PS2 trilogy then alot is left unaddressed, which is unfortunate since this is it for Xenosaga Anime.

I thought the Animation was alright, certainly all the characters looked good for the time and probably a whole lot better than they did in the games I bet. I liked the soundtrack too, especially the Ending Song which I listened to everytime.

Anyway pretty average Sci-Fi show with far too much jargon unexplained to really enjoy on it's own.

5/10

Yeah this is an adaptation of the first episode in teh xenosaga and its best you play the game.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Xenosaga: The Animation Episode 1 Discussion

aero - Mar 17, 2009

9 by Raxivace »»
Nov 11, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Xenosaga: The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

aero - Mar 17, 2009

6 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 10, 2022 6:31 PM

» would you like to see the other xeno series be adapted?

Disapeared_Ghost - Dec 2, 2021

0 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Dec 2, 2021 9:46 PM

» sign here if you want to play the xeno series game.

Disapeared_Ghost - Oct 14, 2021

0 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 14, 2021 5:22 PM

Poll: » Xenosaga: The Animation Episode 9 Discussion

Sky - Dec 3, 2010

4 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jul 11, 2021 4:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.