Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2010 7:12 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Huh. Don't know why, but this episode felt really good compared to the last two. Probably cause most of it was the cast making sweets and not moping around.

-As a New York man myself, I really enjoyed seeing all the locations. They did a great job with 42nd St. (Though the buses do not look like that :P). Remind me to go see "The Lion Kong" sometime. And I love how everybody in New York speaks awesome Japanese XD

-Tennouji becoming independent of Henri was a really good move for the show to make because they were going a little too much with her obsessing over him. Her "I will have to call him back later" was an "Oh snap" moment from me.

-"How many cakes did you eat?"
"Sorry...27."
:P
Dec 4, 2010 11:15 PM

Jul 2008
garfield15 said:

-"How many cakes did you eat?"
"Sorry...27."

That was funny!

And I thought it was a pretty good episode too. It looks like next episode is ANOTHER filler though. But there might be some development between Kashino and Ichigo, so who knows.
Dec 5, 2010 12:22 AM
Mar 2010
Can we get ONE episode without Tennouji and Miya? Just one?

On a side note, I don't think the animators really get how black people look like. Or Japanese people. Or anyone really.

Anyway, nice episode, blah blah blah, can we move on and get some Kashino x Ichigo?
Dec 5, 2010 2:54 AM

Apr 2009
garfield15 said:
"How many cakes did you eat?"
"Sorry...27."

Best part \o/
This episode was better than the others. I think I hate Henri-sensei even more, now.
I hope we'll have Kashino x Ichigo moments next week, even if Miya will surely ruin them, haha.
Dec 5, 2010 4:21 AM

Aug 2010
Finally really good and funny episode! :)
All about making sweets, no Miya around, and finally Mari is getting independent from Henri-sensei! Yay!
Most funny part: sweet spirits redecorating the shop ;)

But... Can we go back to their own shop? And don't they have school back in Japan?...
Dec 5, 2010 5:06 AM

Dec 2007
rofl. Ichigo really eats too many cakes XD
Dec 5, 2010 5:32 AM

Aug 2010
I wonder when they will finally go back to their own shop

Dec 5, 2010 7:08 AM

Jul 2010
The lion kong
Star world
NY people talking Japanese
Amano eating 27 cakes

This was a fun and funny episode
Dec 5, 2010 10:10 AM

Dec 2007
Silkechi said:
I wonder when they will finally go back to their own shop

I think in the next episode maybe?
Dec 5, 2010 10:40 AM

Jul 2007
After this episode, I think we've all been misunderstanding the story structure. These aren't filler - they're primary story arcs. Henri-sensei gave the team a money fund to try starting their own shop together to unify the team, not as their "one and only" pastry shop. A lot of us were really hyped about them setting up their "own" shop, but the focus of that arc was the effort of setting one up, not the shop itself.

So that means these aren't filler arcs, they're the main storyline - and the "unifying the team" arc finished already. When they go back, it won't be a continuation of that arc, it will be for other challenges / tasks. Thinking of it that way, I'm a lot happier about where this season has been going.

Also keep in mind that they've only been in NY for a little over 1 week. Since the street their experimental shop was on hasn't even opened up yet, there's not really a big rush to get back yet - the experimental shop served it's purpose (unifying them as a team) and a real shop won't be necessary until that street is ready to have a grand opening with many shops (probably the return arc).
Dec 5, 2010 10:46 AM

Aug 2010
I thought this episode was really funny! Especially in some scenes when they're redecorating the shops! Yay! Tennouji-san's not too super crazy about Henri-sensei! WHOOT! Once she realized her real reason why she wanted to make sweets, I was like, "FINALLY!"
Can't wait for next episode. :)
Dec 5, 2010 10:50 AM

Aug 2009
How do so many people in New York speak perfect Japanese? At least have Mari speak in English and translate it or something, it's more believable. xD
Great episode overall though. Tennouji finally got over Henri-sensei, and the new shop looks nice! :3
Dec 5, 2010 4:03 PM

Dec 2009
Guys I think the japanese people are talking in english but they didn't want to bother with translating
anyway good episode
Dec 5, 2010 7:01 PM

Aug 2009
jigglypuff said:
Guys I think the japanese people are talking in english but they didn't want to bother with translating

I don't think anybody's actually serious about that (well, I'm not serious about it). It's just a joke complaint.
Dec 6, 2010 2:00 AM

May 2008
Next episode looks stupid =/ probably because miya is in it

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 6, 2010 3:22 PM

Aug 2009
I too am sad to see a not-put-in-her-place Miya...
I too am happy to see a "I'll call you back when I want to" Tenouji. The relationship that she and Henri sensei shared was...pathological. He has shown way too much willingess to use people for his own purposes (treating them as means to his ends).

Kashino fills a Chiaki-senpai niche for me...The brilliant babysitter of an unlikely savant. The moment when he stopped the 'folk dancing' was pure win for me.
Overthinking Anime a site devoted to anime and analysis. More fun than you might think.
Dec 6, 2010 5:46 PM

Aug 2009
sixinchmoth said:

Kashino fills a Chiaki-senpai niche for me...The brilliant babysitter of an unlikely savant. The moment when he stopped the 'folk dancing' was pure win for me.

Oh that was hilarious. Just for how subtle it was.
Dec 8, 2010 12:08 PM

Jun 2008
I just wish someone would punch Koshiro in the face >_<
It looks like her two friends/servants are getting their own sweet spirits : D
Dec 10, 2010 1:24 AM

Jan 2010
Im happy Mari finally got over henri sensei! And it look like there might be some kashino x ichigo happening next ep!!! Oh they'll finally get back to there shop soon too~ Things are looking up XP
Dec 11, 2010 8:24 PM

Apr 2008
27 cakes ?!?! omg .. thats some godly appetite

Dec 12, 2010 11:33 AM

Nov 2008
Judging by the preview, we're finally back in Japan for the next episode? Yay! I enjoyed this episode, but I've been wondering when they were going to get back to their own shop...
Dec 19, 2010 8:14 PM

Apr 2009
Lol at Ichigo dancing.
Apr 10, 2011 5:44 AM

Sep 2008
Yay~ A good episode! Definitely liked it better than the previous two, although in truth I still only voted for "liked" it... I liked seeing Mari bring that cake back to life. :) Want to see more baking and the characters making sweets!

The next episode hardly looks interesting though. Ojou/Miya was even being annoying in the preview, so I can only imagine and dread what the actual episode will be like...

orangehouse said:
27 cakes ?!?! omg .. thats some godly appetite
And she must have really amazing teeth to never get any cavities... x_x
Jun 28, 2011 3:25 AM

Feb 2011
That's our Mari, get over that Henri-sensei, who does he think he is!.
Sep 18, 2018 9:40 AM

Sep 2015
Personally, I think Mari is sacrificing herself to fit into the confines of New York City. She would have been able to flourish as a queen patissiere in either Paris or Tokyo. Instead, she accepts herself as a nobody chef.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumeiro Pâtissière SP Professional Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

goblinqueen - Dec 25, 2010

75 by ss4chris »»
Oct 4, 2023 10:08 PM

Poll: » Yumeiro Pâtissière SP Professional Episode 8 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Nov 20, 2010

23 by 2dwarrior »»
Feb 4, 2021 12:48 PM

Poll: » Yumeiro Pâtissière SP Professional Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Oct 2, 2010

73 by 2dwarrior »»
Jan 16, 2021 1:40 PM

» Season 3 Possibility!?

ShiroiKishi- - Jun 19, 2013

3 by shirley1994 »»
Jul 1, 2014 2:55 AM

Poll: » Yumeiro Pâtissière SP Professional Episode 11 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Dec 11, 2010

30 by XxshizxX »»
Jun 28, 2011 4:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.