Forum Settings
Forums

Do you consider a rematser (with smth else) a new game or just a rematser?

New
Oct 24, 11:29 AM

Apr 2024
I'm asking this question bc of sonicxshadow generation , who is basically all Sonic generation (came out in 2011) but with a new campaign , "shadow generations" who is shorter than sonic generations , where you do basically the same thing than Sonic but for Shadow history , but do you consider this enough to be called a new game , or it's just a remaster bc majority of the game is a remaster?
I personally consider it most a remaster than a new different game.

(inspired by this reddit post.)
[/size]
Oct 25, 7:22 AM

Oct 2022
I would consider it more of re-release, the old Sonic Generations doesnt looks that bad and because it was already native as "HD" I think the changes doesnt justify to be called a "remaster" or even less a "remake".

They just bundle it with new content so people wouldnt complain and get the game even if they probably already own it. Now, im not complaining about this, if the game is good, well another chance for people that didnt got the chance 10 years ago
Oct 25, 8:34 AM

Jun 2016
FFVI on GBA had extra shit and people consider it the same game so I'll go with the will of the people (or the vox populi which sounds cooler) on that question.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Oct 26, 2:25 PM

Jun 2017
When I look at Until Dawn or Life is Strange I consider them an abomination because by god is stylisation more important than realism.

Normally though I think it depends on whether the game is brought entirely to a new platform or not.
Yesterday, 1:45 AM

Aug 2024
I consider it the same game and a cashgrab.
Yesterday, 2:04 AM
Oct 2019
Depend last of us remaster is a cashgrab while Diablo 2 Resurrected is a improvement and a good way of new people to play that old game PC only. So I say it's case by case basis.
Yesterday, 4:26 PM

Nov 2014
its the same game, but its a quick easy cashgrab.

Certain games i don't mind if we are going back 3 or 4 generations now, but its become more common for companies (mainly sony atm) to just "remaster" games from 1 generation ago...

the ultimate cashgrab...

More topics from this board

» What's the weirdest thing you discovered in a game on your own (IE: An undocumented easter egg, a rare glitch, etc.)

TheBlockernator - 5 hours ago

3 by Little_Sheepling »»
1 hour ago

» Do you care about the critics scores of a game?

Zakatsuki_ - Oct 21

17 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» First Pokémon game ( 1 2 )

ani2016 - Aug 18

50 by GCRyan »»
11 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3757 by Akuza »»
Yesterday, 4:30 PM

» best software for editing video?

karambia - Jul 22, 2016

22 by RudeRedis »»
Yesterday, 4:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.