Forum Settings
Forums

'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' 2nd Season Unveils New Staff, Teaser Promo for Winter 2025

New
Oct 22, 6:56 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The special program commemorating the first broadcast anniversary of Kusuriya no Hitorigoto (The Apothecary Diaries) revealed new staff, a teaser visual (pictured), and teaser promotional video for the second season on Tuesday. The second season will air in two consecutive cours beginning on January 10, 2025 at 11:00 p.m. on NTV's Friday Anime Night programming block.

Norihiro Naganuma (Mahoutsukai no Yome), the first season's director, is credited as the chief director for the second season at OLM and TOHO animation STUDIO.

Akimi Fudesaka (Tsurezure Children), the first season's assistant director, is now directing the second season with assistant director Wataru Nakagawa (Kusuriya no Hitorigoto episode director).

Mayo Suzuki (Rolling☆Girls) is replacing Rumi Ishiguro as the director of photography. The rest of the production staff are returning from the first season.

The first season adapting Natsu Hyuuga's medical mystery novel aired in two consecutive cours beginning in Fall 2023. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime with subtitles worldwide, excluding Asia. Netflix streamed it in East and Southeast Asia, excluding China.

Hyuuga began penning the medical mystery novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in October 2011. Shufunotomo published it in a single novel volume in September 2012. The publisher began reprinting it as a light novel through its Hero Bunko label in August 2014, featuring illustrations by Touko Shino. The 15th volume went on sale on March 29.

Monthly Big Gangan began serializing a manga adaptation by Nekokurage in May 2017. Square Enix published the 14th volume on September 25.

Sunday Gene-X began serializing a second manga adaptation by Minoji Kurata in August 2017. Shogakukan released the 18th volume on March 19.

J-Novel Club licensed the light novel in English for digital release in November 2020 and published the 12th volume on October 14. Square Enix Manga & Books licensed Nekokurage's manga adaptation in English in November 2019 and released the 12th volume on September 3. The publisher is also releasing the light novel in physical format.

Teaser PV

Source: Moca News
VindstotOct 22, 9:08 PM

Oct 22, 8:03 PM
Mar 2021
Hell yeah, can't wait. So happy to have second season this soon.
Oct 22, 11:26 PM

Feb 2021
Great news! Also 24 episodes.
Oct 23, 2:35 AM

Apr 2013
2 cours, 2025 anime is now saved.
I hope that the changes of staff will not impact quality though
Oct 23, 4:07 AM

Oct 2013
I didn't expect it to appear so soon! Great. That alone is a great news. Hearing that we will be getting 2 cours makes the whole news even better.

Beautiful teaser and cover image, by the way.
Oct 23, 4:40 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Adnash
I didn't expect it to appear so soon! Great. That alone is a great news. Hearing that we will be getting 2 cours makes the whole news even better.

Beautiful teaser and cover image, by the way.
@Adnash Considering that the first anime, as I heard, contained only a few volumes of material into two cours, I even wondered how much they would fit into a season this time and whether they would ever be able to adapt the entire story.
Oct 23, 4:55 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
@Adnash Considering that the first anime, as I heard, contained only a few volumes of material into two cours, I even wondered how much they would fit into a season this time and whether they would ever be able to adapt the entire story.
@RobertBobert
They put exactly two novel volumes in the first season, in fact, they put exactly one volume per cour. I don't see a reason for them to change that pacing in the next season, so they'll probably be adapting vol 3-4. vol 5 kick starts something different too, so no reason to end on vol 5 when ending on vol 4 will IIRC feels like a way better season ending.
Oct 23, 5:44 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to Zefyris
2 cours, 2025 anime is now saved.
I hope that the changes of staff will not impact quality though
@Zefyris Seems unlikely. There's barely been a change in staff. From what I gather, just a few people rotating roles and a new face added in (so far).

I'm confident the anime will keep its quality.
Oct 23, 8:40 AM

Apr 2010
It's also worth mentioning that those novels are dense. Last I checked, neither of the manga adaptations had reached the end of novel #4 yet, so there's definitely a possibility of the anime overtaking them.
Oct 23, 12:12 PM

May 2023
Serious aoty 2025 potential here
Oct 23, 6:14 PM
Mar 2016
S2 is coming and we still don't know who is the voice actor of https://myanimelist.net/character/178872/Loulan

More topics from this board

» Webtoon 'The Beginning After The End' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 19

38 by Will_ns »»
6 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Ore wa Seikan Kokka no Akutoku Ryoushu!' Gets TV Anime for Spring 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 20

6 by jorel262 »»
7 hours ago

» 'S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu' Unveils More Cast, Staff, First Promo, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Oct 23

3 by jorel262 »»
7 hours ago

» In Pursuit of Egoism: The Essence of 'Blue Lock'

Kineta - Yesterday

5 by Antanaru »»
8 hours ago

» 'Lazarus' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Oct 18

30 by hikarukare »»
Yesterday, 9:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.