Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Ame to Kimi to' Gets TV Anime in 2025

New
Aug 20, 8:26 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Publishing company Kodansha opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Kou Nikaidou's Ame to Kimi to (With You and the Rain) manga on Wednesday, revealing a teaser visual (pictured). The anime is scheduled to premiere in 2025.

Nikaidou began drawing the comedy slice of life manga on their Twitter account in May 2020 before beginning serialization in Weekly Young Magazine in August that year. Kodansha published the sixth volume in December 2023 and will release the seventh volume on September 5.

Kodansha USA licensed the manga in English for digital release in October 2021. The sixth volume went on sale on May 28.

Ame to Kimi to ranked fourth in the print category at the the 2022 Tsugi ni Kuru Manga Awards.

Synopsis
During a rainy day, a woman comes across a strange animal waiting by the side of the road. Pleading to be taken in, the creature offers the woman an umbrella in an attempt to show off its appeal. Intrigued by its clever nature, she brings the dog-like creature home and thus begins their life together. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Official site: https://amekimi-anime.com/
Official X (Twitter): @amekimi_anime
Official manga site: https://magazine.yanmaga.jp/c/amekimi/

Source: Comic Natalie

Ame to Kimi to on MAL
VindstotAug 20, 9:11 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 20, 8:36 PM

Feb 2021
Whaaaaaat? LET'S GO!
This is gonna be really cute and fun to watch. I can't wait :'D
Aug 20, 8:40 PM

Apr 2012
Another yuri author who decided to write mainstream work for the general public? Is this some kind of new trend now? I know a lot of yuri or BL authors try to make a mainstream debut with more neutral works (Hello, Shikatan), but it seems like it's generally become quite popular lately.
Aug 20, 8:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
all i have to say is dem high heels 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Aug 20, 8:41 PM

Jul 2023
Wwwwowwww, one of my fav manga. I didn't expect that it would be ever get a adaptation, but it got. Years, let's gooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, 3:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Rain in the title is enough to convince me but the synopsis has gotten me even more!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Yesterday, 6:49 AM

Sep 2020
I love slice of life anime with adult cast.
Yesterday, 8:13 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
Another yuri author who decided to write mainstream work for the general public? Is this some kind of new trend now? I know a lot of yuri or BL authors try to make a mainstream debut with more neutral works (Hello, Shikatan), but it seems like it's generally become quite popular lately.
@RobertBobert what yuri have they written? also, have you read this manga? why is it generic? genuine asking
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to missslauraa
@RobertBobert what yuri have they written? also, have you read this manga? why is it generic? genuine asking
@missslauraa Do you know the difference between generic and general? Also, they have a separate yuri manga and even participation in a yuri anthology. Which is not uncommon among the authors of current anime.
Yesterday, 8:22 AM

Aug 2008
Are all "spinster living with a mythical creature" series the same? The one with a huge cat looked decent at first but turned out to be mind-numbingly boring.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Yesterday, 8:24 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@missslauraa Do you know the difference between generic and general? Also, they have a separate yuri manga and even participation in a yuri anthology. Which is not uncommon among the authors of current anime.
@RobertBobert let me rephrase then, if youve read this piece of work of theirs, how is it mainstream? Im simply curious; also do you know the name of the yuri manga? I want to check it out.
Yesterday, 8:29 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to missslauraa
@RobertBobert let me rephrase then, if youve read this piece of work of theirs, how is it mainstream? Im simply curious; also do you know the name of the yuri manga? I want to check it out.
@missslauraa Once again, you understand that mainstream primarily means a wide audience of various tastes, and not popularity or quality, right? Goggle Yuri Drill.
Yesterday, 8:35 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@missslauraa Once again, you understand that mainstream primarily means a wide audience of various tastes, and not popularity or quality, right? Goggle Yuri Drill.
@RobertBobert I understand perfectly fine what mainstream means, Robert. I just disagree that Ame to Kimi to, a slice of life manga, could be described as mainstream. Yuri drill is the anthology they participated in, right?, whats the name of the other yuri manga you mentioned?
Yesterday, 8:40 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to missslauraa
@RobertBobert I understand perfectly fine what mainstream means, Robert. I just disagree that Ame to Kimi to, a slice of life manga, could be described as mainstream. Yuri drill is the anthology they participated in, right?, whats the name of the other yuri manga you mentioned?
@missslauraa Slice of life is literally one of the most widespread and mainstream genres of anime and manga. If that's not mainstream, I don't know what is. Especially after their past works. Their collection of short stories, Nikaidou Kou Tanpenshuu: Arigatou tte Itte, contains a some.
Yesterday, 12:16 PM

May 2020
They've found something else to replace cat in such series?
Yesterday, 2:58 PM

Nov 2019
Ah this is the quirky blend of "turn brain off" and "witty humor" manga.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
3 hours ago
Oct 2019
Peak slice of life
2 hours ago

May 2021
Gonna watch this for the easygoing atmosphere.

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

More topics from this board

» Voice Actress Atsuko Tanaka Dies at 61 ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - Aug 20

57 by NewburyVillage »»
7 minutes ago

» Madhouse, Cyclone Graphics Adapt 'Wondance' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by RobertBobert »»
32 minutes ago

» Manga 'Mattaku Saikin no Tantei to Kitara' Receives TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - 1 hour ago

4 by RobertBobert »»
38 minutes ago

» Seiyuu Kinryuu Arimoto Dies

tsubasalover - Feb 8, 2019

36 by JustMaya »»
6 hours ago

» 'Hyakushou Kizoku' Gets Second Season

DatRandomDude - Dec 17, 2023

2 by DustinRhoades »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.