Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 9:55 AM

Aug 2016
At least she will wait for him, next week's chapter is the final chapter, crazy
"I’m alone. I hate being alone. Being alone makes me feel empty."
Hanabi Yasuraoka

Jul 17, 9:56 AM

Oct 2017
Ye the illusion of the abyss. So double sucide with Nagi for the ending?
Jul 17, 10:11 AM

Oct 2013
So the mysterious character was a paranormal phenomenon haunting that town... the Abyss itself, eh?

Okayish chapter, but very underwhelming, given how it is the penultimate chapter. I'm talking here about the plot, because from the artistic point of view this chapter is great as great as the previous ones.

The last chapter will be released next week. I hope this manga will have a well-written conclusion. What will happen to Reiji and Nagi? No idea, but I have a feeling that Yuko and Esemori might die together in the hospital, and we will see Yuri after a timeskip, either pregnant or with a kid.
Jul 17, 10:19 AM
Nov 2023
This feels so fast to me...Though it has been sooo long i am following it....I really didn't hope for it to end At this particular time...
It will be my Top 1 forever whatever the conclusion would be...I will accept it....
Jul 17, 10:48 AM
Sep 2023
i fucking love this manga. Tbh i was expecting the double suicide ending and i quit like it. Hope Ryo doesnt make another ending. I think it was unnecessary to leave Mao alive, he didn't even get the karma he deserves...
Jul 17, 5:47 PM

Apr 2022
well that was, something. nagi's on the bridge now, this could end in a crazy way next chapter. let's see how this all finally ends after all this time, keeping expectations very low.
Jul 17, 8:37 PM

Jul 2023
After all these now it's a matter of waiting lol
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

Jul 18, 10:14 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to ryzxgum
well that was, something. nagi's on the bridge now, this could end in a crazy way next chapter. let's see how this all finally ends after all this time, keeping expectations very low.
ryzxgum said:
let's see how this all finally ends after all this time, keeping expectations very low.
Same. This chapter started off really well, with many surprising situations that were well-written and had that dose of artistry in them. However, the climax feels underwhelming. Not that bad, of course. You can feel you're reading this particular manga and all. It's just, it seems... kinda hollow to me, to be frank, which is surprising, given how tense were some of the chapters belonging to the final arc.

Why is it like this? Maybe because it's started to get dragged out too much, maybe because of me getting tired of themes that felt entertaining to see before. I can't tell for sure, but I'm happy this manga is coming to an end.

With just one chapter left, and after such tense-but-not-really climax, I also have low expectations about the finale. Who knows? Perhaps both of us will be positively surprises by the final chapter? We're gonna find out soon, heh.
Jul 18, 11:16 AM
Jul 2024
Oet said:
At least she will wait for him, next week's chapter is the final chapter, crazy

is it really ending next week? that's crazy
Jul 23, 10:24 AM

Jun 2023
Alright, I'm done grinding. The manga is supposedly finished the day after tomorrow with the last chapter? MAL doesn't show anything about this yet?? But it will be 183 chapters in the end, right?? Anyway, I have a few things to say about this and hope someone reads through this and can answer my questions. And hehe- sorry if there are many spoilers following. Read this wisely.

About the chapter:
WHO was that Reiji saw on the bridge? Yuko? Chako? Gen? Unique plot twist, such an awesome moment, Nagi grabs him by the back and tells him there's no one there. That was just Reiji's hallucination!!! Such an emotional moment for me as a reader, I had goosebumps again.
So now Nagi (or Haru or Mayu or whatever?) and Reiji are standing on the bridge, possibly double-suicide to finish them off?
When Mao asked her if he was evil, she replied with "I don't know, sorry". Such an iconic line if you know the reference in the manga: Nagi stays as she is. Then she takes Spring's Coffin and goes after Reiji until she catches up with him.
The sentence "Thank you Mao for making Reiji a little dirtier" helped me to understand her: She wasn't thanking Reiji before, she was thanking MAO! It's very likely that she now has Lovers Suicide on her mind! That would honestly be such a perfectly fitting good ending for the theme of the entire story (I mean it would fit), BUT FIRST she gives Reiji Esemori's book and tells him to bring it back to Yuko.
He does so, the flashback shows that Esemori wanted it that way and that he will wait for it. This raises the question: What about Esemori? Is he even still alive?
Btw, is he really Reiji's father or not?? This question has always been so back and forth and nothing is certain somehow? we'll never know??
If the next chapter is to be the last, there are still some questions to be answered. Will Yuko answer, what will she tell Reiji? And what will Reiji and Nagi do afterwards? Is this the scene from chapter 1 at the very beginning? Or everything turns out differently and Shibasawa wins?
There are many possible ends for this now, so let's wait and see...

I'm definitely very hyped for the next and final chapter, no matter what you say, the manga is very good in my opinion!
ForphyJul 23, 10:34 AM
Yesterday, 8:25 AM

Jul 2021
Ofc you are evil. Holy shit this series is finally coming to an end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 183 Discussion ( 1 2 )

javereal - Jul 24

53 by Hiiranokakera »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 181 Discussion

Adnash - Jul 10

4 by CQLLIST »»
Yesterday, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 180 Discussion

nirererin - Jul 3

8 by CQLLIST »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 165 Discussion

Adnash - Feb 7

9 by GrimSuspect »»
Jul 25, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 1 Discussion

FMmatron - May 6, 2021

4 by GrimSuspect »»
Jul 25, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.