Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 30, 3:19 AM

Oct 2010
After many years of exposing stuff from the anime fandom, I finally got to moe blobs, this wasn't easy because moe blob fans are hard to talk to but after months of conducting my interviews I finally managed to piece up a story, the conclusions will be addressed at the end of the interviews.

Purpose: Understand how different type of fans love their favorite characters
Procedure: interviewing 3 types of anime fans about their favorite type of characters from fav genre
Conclusions: Based on what the people answered, I drew final conclusions

Person 1: Clarissa - mindless shoujo fangirl and Magi lover, her favorite characters are ikemen
Person 2: Fernando - mindless waifuist, loves harem and ecchi, favorite character is Rias
Person 3: Peter - moe blob fan, favorite anime is k-on

Interviewer: Do you watch other genres except your trashy shoujo and ikemen?
Clarissa: Fuck you! Why would I watch stuff I don't like, if they guys are hot, then yeah.

Interviewer: Why do you watch same old harem shows? DAL recently ended, rate that garbage on a scale 1-10
Fernando: I love hot girls, I hope they make s6 for DAL, we need touka arc asap and kurumi needs more exposure if you know what I mean. I rate DAL 8/10
Interviewer: Mio is best girl

Interviewer: What is your 2nd favorite genre after slice of life CGDCT?
Peter: maybe sports, I do love a good baseball anime, oh is euphonium a sports anime because I do love that

Interviewer: Why do you even like the ikemen art style, it looks horrible
Clarissa: Fuck you! I like strong men but with baby faces that care for you and protect you and at any time they will offer you flowers then I can submit myself into their arms. Thing with manly look is that it looks scary and anime is fiction so yeah, I like beautiful things so anime men should just be beauties.
Interviewer: You just have this fetish because you saw Sailor Moon first and not Kurenai Sanshiro

Interviewer: Can you tell me something about Chizuru from Rental Kanojo?
Fernando: Chizuru is the main female protagonist of the Kanojo, Okarishimasu series. She is a college student at Nerima University, majoring in Literature. As rental girlfriend, she is affiliated with Diamond, and thus a colleague of Sarashina Ruka and Sakurasawa Sumi. She is a resident of Royal Hills Nerima, Room 204, just next to Kinoshita Kazuya. Chizuru is a dazzling and stunning beauty that turns heads wherever she goes. She's described to have a large bosom, long slender legs, and almost ideal proportions. She is athletic and has pride in her fitness and appearance. In addition, she has an eye for fashion, which is reportedly inherited from her mother. When posing as a diligent student, she wears glasses, a butterfly accessory and she sports double braided hair. In stark contrast to her activities off-campus, she dresses in an unassuming manner that hides her features, leaving her unnoticeable to those who do not know her real identity.
At first glance, Chizuru comes across as very kind and considerate, which positively surprises anyone who considers renting, and makes them give high ratings to her. While her kindness is genuine, she is still prideful of her reputation, and can be a little irritable and brash when her ratings go down. She shows this side of her to people she dislikes or has to put up with, such as Kazuya.
Underneath all her pragmatic and professional attitude, though, Chizuru is a genuinely kind-hearted person. She goes out of her way to assist Kazuya at great risk of her profession. Although she is prideful of her appearance and profession, Yaemori Mini notes that while Chizuru is popular and very beautiful, she is not an attention seeker like most good looking people she knows.

Interviewer: Why do you like Ui so much, I'm a Mio guy
Peter: Ui is so cute, I would love her to be my sis, I love the way she cooks

Interviewer: Is Sin the biggest trash in anime/manga history?
Clarissa: Sin did nothing wrong, he only wanted a peaceful world because of the events in his tragic childhood, the discussion with Alibababa proves him right, he managed to change the world system whereas Aladdin was still a follower of Solomon's world...
Interviewer: Yeah yeah yeah, I get it

Interviewer: What are Sansha Sanyou's best points?
Peter: the comedy is gold and the connection, I like it when all 3 of them eat lunch in the park

Conclusion: Contrary to popular belief, moe blob fans only like the character design and don't care about complex personality, girl only has to be cute and possess minimum character traits. This is a stunner because they always say they love the slice of life aspect of moe blobs yet they don't know basic info about the blob's life. All in all, they just like it like a quick food and nothing much but proclaim blobs are deep.
It could have been any moe blob in their anime and they wouldn't care. Not saying there's anything wrong with it but why can't the fans ever say the truth to let us understand their taste and view in regards to their preferred anime genre.

While the other two may look shallow and close to insanity, they do know about their taste and care a lot for their favorite characters, knowing info about them and actually thinking about them from all perspectives and trying to understand them whereas moe blob fans can't get pass the moe blob look.

What do you think about my approach and conclusions?
Jun 30, 3:21 AM

Feb 2020
Interesting.

"Hi from Finland! You can call me Peter."
Jun 30, 3:57 AM

Jan 2021
This was more funny then i exepcted.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jun 30, 4:13 AM

May 2010
Moe blobs are better than some boring "deep" shit BECAUSE they're simple and not full of themselves
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku

Jun 30, 5:16 AM

Sep 2016
Your conclusion about moe blob fans primarily focusing on the design and appearance of characters rather than their personality or depth is thought-provoking. It raises questions about the nature of their fandom and what truly draws them to these types of characters. It also highlights the contrast with fans who show a deeper appreciation for the characters they love.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 30, 5:36 AM

Aug 2018
Catalano said:
Interviewer: Is Sin the biggest trash in anime/manga history?
Clarissa: Sin did nothing wrong, he only wanted a peaceful world because of the events in his tragic childhood, the discussion with Alibababa proves him right, he managed to change the world system whereas Aladdin was still a follower of Solomon's world...
Interviewer: Yeah yeah yeah, I get it

Sinbad is a pretty cool character. Love to hear people talking about Magi regardless of context.
Jun 30, 5:51 AM

Feb 2018

Now that the Secret is out... Moe Fans Worldwide will now all proceed to Eat Shit, and then Die from it.

Freed, Once and for All, from the CGDCT Fans and their Terrible, Unsavory Burden... the Noble World Populace will Unify
into the Post-Scarcity, One-World Utopian Society that STAR TREK had so accurately Predicted Decades Ago...
MasterTasukeJun 30, 6:00 AM
Jun 30, 6:07 AM

Nov 2021
I think I've only seen a couple certified moe blob anime... Hidamari Sketch was one... it was so boring I'm surprised I survived to the end.
Taiga best girl forever.
Jun 30, 6:38 AM

May 2019
Can we have shorter threads please ? I don't want to read all that.
Jun 30, 9:35 AM

May 2019
That interviewer definitely asking the wrong fan lol. Imagine thinking euphonium is sport lmao. They can watch Shougeki Shouma or other cooking related show if they love the way Ui cook. They are false fan if they don't even know what's the best thing about the show or genre beyond the superficiality of the character design!

Jun 30, 1:07 PM

Jul 2014
>moe blob

I feel like I just time traveled back to 2013.
Take care of yourself

Jun 30, 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
Anyone who refers to the characters of K-ON as 'blobs' has something wrong with them.
Jun 30, 2:17 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty interesting interview. Loved the guy who really knew Chizuru. Lol
Jun 30, 7:51 PM

Nov 2019
So, is Fernando a popular name in Romania?

Catalano said:
Interviewer: Mio is best girl

Yes, she legit gave birth to her lover. What's wrong with people?

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Yesterday, 9:08 AM

Jan 2018
i didn't finish k-on so i'm not defending them nor am i a moe-bob. you missed that a character can feel so alive due to voice acting. i only list voice actor just cause i can do it on my profile lol but overall japanese voice actors are special especially when you think of the gaijin who done f up in yakuza game.

on topic, this would be an insult to mute characters. I don't really talk much so action speaks louder than words applies to me. people don't need to have complex personality, they just need to be a good person according to theme. say it's a romance show, just don't be afraid of booba it's that simple at least for me.

don't tell me you are not melting when a first time cute girl you saw smiles at you. attraction vs personality, a girl being a girl is enough though i still wouldn't watch all female cast show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » will you love your waifu if they become fat in the future?

deg - 6 hours ago

8 by Psyzzy »»
4 minutes ago

» Enjoying completely diffrent things

Cielord - 2 hours ago

19 by Cielord »»
10 minutes ago

» your watched anime, which you certified as meme material?

nirererin - 2 hours ago

12 by Guilmon1 »»
14 minutes ago

» Your immediate plans for anime you're watching next

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

39 by nirererin »»
29 minutes ago

» 🌸 AD Spring 2024 Best Girl Contest & Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

95 by nirererin »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.