Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 26, 10:51 AM
Aug 2021
This is where the anime ends? No more LN content left?
I read a spoiler few months ago that

And it looks like that didn't happen in this last anime ep, so can it be considered an anime original ending perhaps? Or there's something more to come?
Jun 26, 11:04 AM
Apr 2021
From author's tweet

By the way, if you are curious about what happens after "Date A Live Ⅴ ", I think you will be able to solve the mystery by reading the original work from volume 20 onwards 😉
Source: https://x.com/KoshiTachibana/status/1806012006102978968
Jun 26, 11:09 AM
Feb 2023
Sadly, Yes this is the end of date a live, i doubt there are more than 10 spirits, but in the end shido did what he wanted to do i guess, he sealed every spirit known to mankind
Jun 26, 11:16 AM

Sep 2021
sites to read LNs? suggest something best like magadex
Jun 26, 11:18 AM
Jul 2022
Short Answer: We don’t know. There is more Light Novel content but the light novel for this episode has an ending where Tohka takes Mio’s crystal and absorbs it, which leads into the next volume, the anime ofc doesn’t show that. Also, behind the scenes stuff has complicated any sort of future Date A Live anime projects. For right now, it seems like this is the end, but who knows, maybe there will be another season or movie.
Jun 26, 11:20 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to RoyalDemon05
From author's tweet

By the way, if you are curious about what happens after "Date A Live Ⅴ ", I think you will be able to solve the mystery by reading the original work from volume 20 onwards 😉
It could also be a marketing strategy, bro. But meh... It could be true as well... I wish at least the studio could adapt the last 3 volumes as a movie. I mean, Date A Live did help Geek Toys gain some popularity, so they at least owe this much to the series :(
SaplexJun 26, 11:24 AM
Jun 26, 11:20 AM
Apr 2019
If you guys write on his twitter maybe it will happen. Cause from what i heard they do read and listen to their twitter.
Jun 26, 11:31 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to crafydolsel
Sadly, Yes this is the end of date a live, i doubt there are more than 10 spirits, but in the end shido did what he wanted to do i guess, he sealed every spirit known to mankind
@crafydolsel And how does that make it the end of date a live? There's still LN content left to adapt.
Jun 26, 11:32 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to Saplex
It could also be a marketing strategy, bro. But meh... It could be true as well... I wish at least the studio could adapt the last 3 volumes as a movie. I mean, Date A Live did help Geek Toys gain some popularity, so they at least owe this much to the series :(
I don't see how that tweet translates to this season is the end for the anime though. He could be simply answering those who are curious as to where to continue the story from where the anime ended.
Saplex said:
Jun 26, 11:42 AM

Jun 2024
RoyalDemon05 said:
From author's tweet

"read the source material" what a chad
Jun 26, 11:48 AM
Feb 2023
MegamiRem said:
@crafydolsel And how does that make it the end of date a live? There's still LN content left to adapt.

i meant, the end of the date a live anime not the whole thing together
Jun 26, 11:48 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to rudimentary
RoyalDemon05 said:
From author's tweet

"read the source material" what a chad
@rudimentary it's same as " Read the manga "
Jun 26, 11:53 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to crafydolsel
MegamiRem said:

i meant, the end of the date a live anime not the whole thing together
@crafydolsel Yes ik and I was asking how is this the end of the anime. What makes you so sure of it? There is no such announcement or hinting.
Jun 26, 12:03 PM
Feb 2023
MegamiRem said:
@crafydolsel Yes ik and I was asking how is this the end of the anime. What makes you so sure of it? There is no such announcement or hinting.

well tbh, idk whether this is the end or not, but i have a feeling it is because shido already sealed all 10 spirits, and the spirit of origin only made 10 sephira, so thats why i have a feeling that its the end, and if im wrong well its probably because i only watched the anime.
Jun 26, 1:29 PM

Sep 2020
Where can I read the LN? I don’t know any Light Novel sites
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 1:31 PM
Aug 2021
Reply to Yuri_Niji
Where can I read the LN? I don’t know any Light Novel sites
@Yuri_Niji Jnovels, you can find the volumes PDF there.
Jun 26, 1:44 PM
May 2021
crafydolsel said:
MegamiRem said:

well tbh, idk whether this is the end or not, but i have a feeling it is because shido already sealed all 10 spirits, and the spirit of origin only made 10 sephira, so thats why i have a feeling that its the end, and if im wrong well its probably because i only watched the anime.

there are 2 things that make me question if they end it here because obviously 3 light novels are left and in the end Kurumi's friend is back alive which doesn't make any sense and what happened to Mio's crystal? It just kinda feels like a setup...
I also haven't read the light novel and this are just my thoughts on this.
Jun 26, 2:05 PM
Apr 2020
I think the answer to this question is:

The possibility of a sequel isn't zero, but don't get your hopes up.
Jun 26, 2:32 PM
Mar 2021
I mean apart from all that i feel like we did not even get a proper conclusion to kurumi's story.
Jun 26, 2:40 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to Lucifeee04
I mean apart from all that i feel like we did not even get a proper conclusion to kurumi's story.
@Lucifeee04 What else even is there?
Jun 26, 2:43 PM
Jul 2017
Reply to RoyalDemon05
@rudimentary it's same as " Read the manga "
@RoyalDemon05 light novel you mean
Jun 26, 3:00 PM
Mar 2021
Dinosaurtime_YT said:

idk man , but I see people saying that there is still content in the LN following the events of Date a live 5 , so i think 1 more season or a movie to end the anime as a whole would be better appreciated
Jun 26, 3:00 PM
Mar 2021
Dinosaurtime_YT said:

idk man , but I see people saying that there is still content in the LN following the events of Date a live 5 , so i think 1 more season or a movie to end the anime as a whole would be better appreciated
Jun 26, 9:48 PM
Jan 2021
I just read the summaries on wiki, and seems like there's 3 volumes left to actual end of series, but it does seem like they wanna ens things the way they did in the last eps.
I too hope for a last adaptation {maybe a movie}
Jun 27, 1:10 AM
Jan 2018
For the anime it might be
Jun 27, 1:12 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to kunal_1301
sites to read LNs? suggest something best like magadex
@kunal_1301 Bookwalker to buy them to support Tsunako-sensei and Tachibana-sensei.
Jun 27, 2:53 AM

Nov 2021
_just_why said:

And it looks like that didn't happen in this last anime ep, so can it be considered an anime original ending perhaps? Or there's something more to come?

he did end u with touhka in the light novel....
so he ended up with her in the anime too right??

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jun 27, 3:00 AM
Aug 2021
neel_senpai said:
_just_why said:

all the replies here are saying that tohka disappears and then there's more content remaining around 3 volumes
but in anime tohka doesn't disappear after fight so I guess that's the end geek toy wants to create, an anime original ending
Jun 27, 4:12 AM

Jan 2023
That could be simply because the studio didn't want to do a cliffhanger ending like last season (kind of). There's definitely enough content in form of light novels. I would expect another season or a movie or, who knows, maybe both? 🙃
Jun 27, 4:14 AM

Sep 2009
If, that's a big if, the do adapt the final volumes, they could always just tweet the story a bit for
Jun 27, 5:38 AM

Nov 2021
_just_why said:
neel_senpai said:

all the replies here are saying that tohka disappears and then there's more content remaining around 3 volumes
but in anime tohka doesn't disappear after fight so I guess that's the end geek toy wants to create, an anime original ending

yeah the ending is kinda same if you ask me cuz in either way he ended up with touhka

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jun 27, 7:50 PM
Apr 2021
I just opened first chapter of volume 20 it's called

I thought, HOLD UP A MIN
In season 5 credit, everyone was happy 😊

That's very weird , so This is not end of date a live anime
Jun 27, 11:36 PM
Oct 2013
Reply to RoyalDemon05
I just opened first chapter of volume 20 it's called

I thought, HOLD UP A MIN
In season 5 credit, everyone was happy 😊

@RoyalDemon05 Yep, Tohka actually did not disappear at the end of volume 19. She took Mio's crystal and

The end of volume 20 is when her disappearance happens. So in fact, Shido and the rest were already
when the seemingly 'happy' end occurred.

According to Volume 20 (spoilers ahead):

eijihzgnYesterday, 7:36 AM
Jun 27, 11:59 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to eijihzgn

@RoyalDemon05 Yep, Tohka actually did not disappear at the end of volume 19. She took Mio's crystal and

The end of volume 20 is when her disappearance happens. So in fact, Shido and the rest were already
when the seemingly 'happy' end occurred.

According to Volume 20 (spoilers ahead):

@eijihzgn I think , we can say , Date a live anime is not over, Season 6 will announce eventually after Season 5 Blu-ray sells on July and August

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22

66 by baconriceneggs »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15

131 by baconriceneggs »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8

101 by baconriceneggs »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26

130 by Ebb1993 »»
3 hours ago

» Overuse of Horrible CGI

Batimius - Jun 26

24 by Berch0 »»
6 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.