Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 11, 5:35 AM
Jan 2021
So like this may be dumb for me to think but im pretty sure this is gonna air on crunchyroll right? and Alot of crunchyrolls been doing recently is pretty shitty especially with censorship. So I highly doubt and don't wanna bring that energy in the room or even have this point of discussion but, yall think they'll be censorship?
Jun 11, 5:44 AM
Mar 2022
Out of the 2/3 arcs of Orokamonogatari I've read till now, there's nothing to censor. Don't know about the third arc and Nademonogatari.

And I'm pretty sure we should be more worried about the quality of the subtitles. Yes, Crunchyroll usually does a good job. But the recent Dead Dead Demon subs have been really bad and Monogatari requires a lot of effort to sub properly.
Jun 11, 5:49 AM
Jan 2021
RandomPerson9348 said:
Out of the 2/3 arcs of Orokamonogatari I've read till now, there's nothing to censor. Don't know about the third arc and Nademonogatari.

And I'm pretty sure we should be more worried about the quality of the subtitles. Yes, Crunchyroll usually does a good job. But the recent Dead Dead Demon subs have been really bad and Monogatari requires a lot of effort to sub properly.

Ok cool and yea most definitely. If anything when I watch on a pirated site, will there be the censorship and same subs the same as the crunchyroll version if that is the case? that's prolly what I'll resort to do if so.
Jun 11, 5:55 AM
Mar 2022
Dellio_man said:
RandomPerson9348 said:

Ok cool and yea most definitely. If anything when I watch on a pirated site, will there be the censorship and same subs the same as the crunchyroll version if that is the case? that's prolly what I'll resort to do if so.

If there is censorship then the site admins will probably use the original ABEMA source for video and get Crunchyroll subs until fansubs appear. Then they'll switch to fansubs.

Most probably.
Jun 11, 5:56 AM

May 2021
Dellio_man said:
So like this may be dumb for me to think but im pretty sure this is gonna air on crunchyroll right? and Alot of crunchyrolls been doing recently is pretty shitty especially with censorship. So I highly doubt and don't wanna bring that energy in the room or even have this point of discussion but, yall think they'll be censorship?

idk how they gonna adapt that one scene from nademonogatari. it's really an I adaptable scene
Jun 11, 5:57 AM
Jan 2021
RandomPerson9348 said:
Dellio_man said:

If there is censorship then the site admins will probably use the original ABEMA source for video and get Crunchyroll subs until fansubs appear. Then they'll switch to fansubs.

Most probably.

bet then cool thanks 😎
Jun 11, 6:23 AM
Feb 2016
Is it confirmed cr gets the license? They don’t have any other seasons afaik would be strange for them to only get off season then
Jun 11, 6:24 AM
Jan 2021
TheRealNyanpasu said:
Is it confirmed cr gets the license? They don’t have any other seasons afaik would be strange for them to only get off season then

oh wait they don't have license? I thought they did hence that I think the monogatari series is on cr but true not sure
Jun 11, 6:30 AM

Jul 2021
TheRealNyanpasu said:

they have them all though.
Jun 11, 6:37 AM
Feb 2016
Cestlavie_ said:
TheRealNyanpasu said:

Ah ok well i just double checked it not in my country then
Jun 11, 6:52 AM

Aug 2013
sonu711 said:
Dellio_man said:

idk how they gonna adapt that one scene from nademonogatari. it's really an I adaptable scene

Which scene are ya talking about?
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 11, 10:01 AM
Jan 2020
Just don’t use that shit. Monogatari requires good subs and you cannot expect that from them.
Jun 11, 10:23 AM
May 2011
Hopefully, the production company follows Toei's lead and doesn't license it to a western company. If people want to watch it, they can just find it online subbed by the folks subbing Rinkai or Girls Band Cry
Jun 11, 11:38 AM

May 2021
DedPanda said:
sonu711 said:

the library scene
Jun 11, 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
sonu711 said:
DedPanda said:

the library scene

I would not know. never read the sauce
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 11, 9:03 PM
Dec 2018
wait for the fansubs. should get within few days given the popularity of the series.
Jun 12, 2:05 AM

May 2021
DedPanda said:
sonu711 said:

the library scene

I would not know. never read the sauce

ohh too NSFW to state here
Jun 12, 2:47 PM
Oct 2013
that's why I'm definitely watching it on pirate sites... let's be honest, big western entertainment outlets are obsessed with censorship so they're not trustable anymore
Jun 14, 4:11 PM

Sep 2020
I’m rewatching Monogatari right now on CR. The subs are good, however some scenes are censored like the bathtub scene with Shinobu.

However, censorship is done by productions itself, not CrunchyRoll, so you just gotta hope and pray.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 4:26 PM
Jan 2021
Yuri_Niji said:
I’m rewatching Monogatari right now on CR. The subs are good, however some scenes are censored like the bathtub scene with Shinobu.

However, censorship is done by productions itself, not CrunchyRoll, so you just gotta hope and pray.

well from my knowledge when i watched monogatari it was uncensored on aniwave πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

so I think I'm straight
Jun 14, 4:28 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Dellio_man
Yuri_Niji said:

well from my knowledge when i watched monogatari it was uncensored on aniwave πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

so I think I'm straight
@Dellio_man Just gotta hope and pray Shaft doesn’t do a Studio Bind and unnecessary censor stuff for the western audience
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 4:33 PM
Jan 2021
Yuri_Niji said:
@Dellio_man Just gotta hope and pray Shaft doesn’t do a Studio Bind and unnecessary censor stuff for the western audience

Or what the re zero artist stated but n shaft we trust πŸ™ (hopefully istg) I mean same directors and judging from the recent pv's they dropped it seems they haven't changed

(also w pfp Goat band cry fr and subaru is wifey πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ—£πŸ”₯πŸ”₯)
Jun 18, 10:24 AM

Feb 2021
Crunchyroll doesn't censor anime idk where you got that from...

Dellio_man said:
oh wait they don't have license? I thought they did hence that I think the monogatari series is on cr but true not sure
They never had the license, the Monogatari series has always been a license of Aniplex USA.

fourteenroads said:
Just don’t use that shit. Monogatari requires good subs and you cannot expect that from them.
CR isn't the one making the subs tho.

Fail_Man_X said:
Hopefully, the production company follows Toei's lead and doesn't license it to a western company. If people want to watch it, they can just find it online subbed by the folks subbing Rinkai or Girls Band Cry
Well then you would be happy to learn that the production company THEMSELVES has licensed this series to their own subsdiary (Aniplex of America)

dpchihuahua said:
that's why I'm definitely watching it on pirate sites... let's be honest, big western entertainment outlets are obsessed with censorship so they're not trustable anymore
Pirate sites literally use the subs from official streaming sites, unless a fansub comes out later on, you would be using official subs even if you watch the show on a pirate site.
Jun 18, 12:29 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to MadanielFL

Dellio_man said:
They never had the license, the Monogatari series has always been a license of Aniplex USA.

fourteenroads said:

Fail_Man_X said:
Well then you would be happy to learn that the production company THEMSELVES has licensed this series to their own subsdiary (Aniplex of America)

dpchihuahua said:
Pirate sites literally use the subs from official streaming sites, unless a fansub comes out later on, you would be using official subs even if you watch the show on a pirate site.
MadanielFL said:

That does not mean that they aren't distributing them, which they are.

Sorry to butt in into a reply to a different post but I thought that I might as well add something to strengthen my initial point.
MadanielFL said:

You can just follow fansub groups or individual translators. Then, not only you have a guarantee that the translation will be coherent, but it will also be consistent. As far as quality goes it definitely differs and it's not like unofficial subs are always better than official and vice versa. At least independent translators sometimes attach notes to their translation explaining the process or clarifying things which I have never seen official anime translators do (with manga this is definitely not the case as I have read a lot of TL notes at the back of volumes). If you put some thinking into where you watch your stuff you will have better experience. With unofficial subs you always have a choice. Don't like fansub translator A? Go and download subs from translator B. Maybe you like the official translation for series X while you prefer fansubs for series Z.
Jun 18, 12:33 PM

Feb 2021
fourteenroads said:
which I have never seen official anime translators do (with manga this is definitely not the case as I have read a lot of TL notes at the back of volumes). If you put some thinking into where you watch your stuff you will have better experience.
I have seen official subs do translation notes, also most people are gonna be watching the episodes as soon as they come out, and pirate sites will always upload whatever comes first.
So unless you willingly decide to wait a few hours (sometimes a whole day), the only subs available right after release, are the official ones.
Jun 18, 12:45 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to MadanielFL
fourteenroads said:
which I have never seen official anime translators do (with manga this is definitely not the case as I have read a lot of TL notes at the back of volumes). If you put some thinking into where you watch your stuff you will have better experience.
I have seen official subs do translation notes, also most people are gonna be watching the episodes as soon as they come out, and pirate sites will always upload whatever comes first.
So unless you willingly decide to wait a few hours (sometimes a whole day), the only subs available right after release, are the official ones.
MadanielFL said:
pirate sites will always upload whatever comes first.

Then don't go to re-upload sites but to the source of the translation. Why rely on a 3rd party when you can go to the source.

MadanielFL said:

This is just not true. Like sure, there probably is a minority of people who watch as soon as it airs but that's not the majority. Of course that is a generalization and I don't want to speak for other people but I feel like the difference of 2-3 hours is insignificant. It really doesn't make any difference for me if I watch a show at 3pm or at 5pm. It's not like majority of the discussion is happening half an hour after episode goes live anyway.
Jun 18, 12:47 PM

Feb 2021
fourteenroads said:
It really doesn't make any difference for me if I watch a show at 3pm or at 5pm. It's not like majority of the discussion is happening half an hour after episode goes live anyway.
Maybe not for you, but I know a lot of people that like to watch as soon as possible to avoid getting spoiled.
Also some fansubs take a whole day to come out, so it's even worse then.
Jun 18, 12:58 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to MadanielFL
fourteenroads said:
It really doesn't make any difference for me if I watch a show at 3pm or at 5pm. It's not like majority of the discussion is happening half an hour after episode goes live anyway.
Maybe not for you, but I know a lot of people that like to watch as soon as possible to avoid getting spoiled.
MadanielFL said:
but I know a lot of people that like to watch as soon as possible to avoid getting spoiled.

I mean I can see that being a problem but also ehhhhhh. I never got spoiled within the first day of episode release and watching everything as soon as it airs is just not an option for me (and many other people that I know). So in the end it just sounds like a personal preference.

MadanielFL said:

I have personally never seen a group that translates that slowly and I used to follow this one guy who translated like 2-5 shows per season and he uploaded his subs within 2-3 hours. He worked completely alone btw. You can argue that some groups take more time to upload but let's be honest - the most renown groups never take more than 5h.
Jun 18, 1:24 PM

Feb 2021
fourteenroads said:
I have personally never seen a group that translates that slowly and I used to follow this one guy who translated like 2-5 shows per season and he uploaded his subs within 2-3 hours. He worked completely alone btw. You can argue that some groups take more time to upload but let's be honest - the most renown groups never take more than 5h.
The Summertime Render fansubs famously came out a whole day after broadcast for every single episode of that show.
Also it took weeks for a proper fansub group to start working on Girls Band Cry.
Jun 19, 4:04 AM
Dec 2018
It depends on popularity. DDY subbed AOT the same day (few hours). But shows like AOT are easy to sub since there are not Japanese signs. Monogatari on the other hand is not only hard to translate, it also has flashing text. Expect v0 version with basic typesetting and translations within a day, v1 within a week, and proper subs after bluray release (Shaft is gonna make many mistakes).
Jun 19, 6:12 AM
Jan 2021
MadanielFL said:
fourteenroads said:
The Summertime Render fansubs famously came out a whole day after broadcast for every single episode of that show.
Also it took weeks for a proper fansub group to start working on Girls Band Cry.

liking this discussion tbh. Honestly though I'm more of someone that if it's at least 85% to 90% good translation I can generalize the rest of what was 100% said within wtv translation there was. But Honestly true I do def still prefer a 100% translation and especially for something like monogatari which is all dailogue. Like there's a reason this anime doesn't even have a dub like it's that legendary πŸ’€. So maybe for this watch I do go scouting for these official translators yall talk about tbh.

But we will see tbh I'm still hyped as ever don't want that vibe to bring everyone down for the release of peakmonogatari
Jun 20, 4:32 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to Cestlavie_
TheRealNyanpasu said:

@Cestlavie_ they don't have Zoku Owarimonogatari iirc. Which is weird
7 hours ago
Oct 2013
MadanielFL said:

Dellio_man said:

fourteenroads said:

Fail_Man_X said:

dpchihuahua said:

tell me you're an American entertainment industries stan without telling me you are... you will deny anything regarding them so it doesn't make sense to argue with you... but facts are facts...
59 minutes ago

Feb 2021
dpchihuahua said:
tell me you're an American entertainment industries stan without telling me you are... you will deny anything regarding them so it doesn't make sense to argue with you... but facts are facts...
The "facts" that you can't actually back up with any facts.
Show me one anime that Crunchyroll has censored, unless you are pulling out stuff from your ass.
46 minutes ago
Jan 2021
MadanielFL said:
dpchihuahua said:
The "facts" that you can't actually back up with any facts.
Show me one anime that Crunchyroll has censored, unless you are pulling out stuff from your ass.

look see that's why I didn't want to bring that kindve energy in all of this it was just a question man 😞

More topics from this board

» The first episode will be 50 minutes long

AkeZZZ - Jun 10

22 by Marmotzel »»
Today, 3:17 AM

» Character PVs

ARK-13 - Jun 7

6 by eblf2013 »»
Yesterday, 6:42 AM

» Can I watch this without watching the others first?

jeff666p - Jun 22

20 by KillLaKillGOAT »»
Yesterday, 6:21 AM

» ITS BACK ( 1 2 3 )

yahallos - Jan 18

141 by Pakuu »»
Jun 19, 10:24 PM

» New PV with theme song, will start from 6th July

ARK-13 - May 3

29 by YonedaLemma »»
May 11, 2:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.