Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 27, 6:49 AM

Sep 2022
Faithfulness to the Source Material:
One of the key reasons for the slower pacing of the One Piece anime is its commitment to faithfully adapt Eiichiro Oda's manga. By maintaining a slower pace, the anime ensures that important plot points, character developments, and world-building details from the manga are included without significant omission or alteration. This fidelity to the source material enhances the viewing experience for fans who appreciate a faithful adaptation.

Character Depth and Development:
The slower pacing of the anime allows for more extensive exploration of characters' backgrounds, motivations, and relationships. By dedicating time to character development, viewers gain a deeper understanding and attachment to the diverse cast of characters in One Piece. This depth enhances the emotional impact of key moments and battles, making them more meaningful and memorable.

World-Building and Lore:
One Piece boasts a vast and intricately detailed world, filled with unique cultures, histories, and mysteries. The slower pacing of the anime allows for thorough exploration of this rich world-building, providing viewers with a greater appreciation for the depth and complexity of the One Piece universe. By taking its time to delve into various islands, civilizations, and mythologies, the anime enhances immersion and fosters a sense of wonder and discovery among viewers.

Suspense and Tension:
The deliberate pacing of the One Piece anime contributes to the buildup of suspense and tension, particularly during pivotal moments and arcs. By gradually escalating conflicts and challenges over multiple episodes, the anime keeps viewers engaged and invested in the outcome. This heightened sense of anticipation adds excitement and drama to the narrative, making each revelation and plot twist more impactful and satisfying.

Long-Term Planning and Foreshadowing:
Eiichiro Oda is renowned for his meticulous long-term planning and foreshadowing throughout the One Piece story. The slower pacing of the anime allows for the inclusion of subtle hints, clues, and callbacks that foreshadow future events and pay off in later arcs. By adhering to the manga's pacing, the anime ensures that these narrative threads are preserved, rewarding attentive viewers with a deeper appreciation for Oda's storytelling craftsmanship.

In conclusion, while the pacing of the One Piece anime may be slower compared to some other series, it serves a vital role in faithfully adapting the source material, developing characters and the world, building suspense, and maintaining narrative coherence. Ultimately, the deliberate pacing contributes to the immersive and rewarding experience of the One Piece anime for dedicated fans of the series.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 27, 7:32 AM
Oct 2022
No, this is all cope. That 30 second stare is NOT needed for suspense, especially not when it's spammed about 10 times an episode.
That flashback to dialogue we saw 3 episodes ago and has already been flashbacked 5 different occasions was not needed, we are not amnesiacs.

Although the One Piece animes pacing can be blamed entirely on the fact that it is a weekly series, and not a seasonal- thus they need to stretch it (ALOT)-

IF you can give me ONE example where the anime added a non-manga CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT moment, then I'll get on my knees and serve your excellence.
May 27, 8:32 AM
Oct 2022
N0T3LI_ said:
No, this is all cope. That 30 second stare is NOT needed for suspense, especially not when it's spammed about 10 times an episode.
That flashback to dialogue we saw 3 episodes ago and has already been flashbacked 5 different occasions was not needed, we are not amnesiacs.

Although the One Piece animes pacing can be blamed entirely on the fact that it is a weekly series, and not a seasonal- thus they need to stretch it (ALOT)-

IF you can give me ONE example where the anime added a non-manga CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT moment, then I'll get on my knees and serve your excellence.

in the filler arc after Alabasta they show Sanji helping out a kid from the Marine in cooking up a stew (I don't exactly remember the dish) even though he didn't need to and they could just run away from the Marine ships, Sanji chose to help the kid out and we get to see a caring side of Sanji's character. I do agree the unnecessary 10 second stare to the camera ain't necessary but the extra content does really flesh out the characters even more.
May 27, 9:41 AM

Jan 2021
it's not good but it's definitely overhated.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
May 27, 9:49 AM

Aug 2014
It's not good. Up till Dressrosa it WAS actually good and there were no problems but when that arc started, it all went downhill hard. Eveyone knows the pacing is ass and people just got over with it. Why are you still trying to defend it?
May 27, 9:50 AM
Aug 2018
As someone who read the manga before diving into the anime, saying that the pacing post time skip is good is just a way of coping.

Luckily, One Pace exists.
May 27, 10:14 AM
Oct 2019
The cope is crazy like bro stop stop
May 27, 10:25 AM
Aug 2023
No it’s not. Still love the anime because the story and characters are phenomenal but no the pacing is atrocious and the worst pacing of any show I’ve watched.
May 27, 10:31 AM
Aug 2023
The pacing was bearable up until Dressrosa, Wholecake was kinda ok but still had some problems. The beginning and middle of Wano arc also Suffered from some pacing issues but the hype and animation make up for it

One piece may not have the best pacing but it is still quite enjoyable, especially when you don't have the attention span of a average tiktok/reel addict
May 27, 11:28 AM
Dec 2019
Cielord said:
it's not good but it's definitely overhated.

If those kids could read they’d be very upset
May 27, 12:21 PM
Nov 2020
Dang, we found the 0.25x pacing target audience
May 27, 12:38 PM
Jul 2017
I think the OP meant recent episodes...coz I've been noticing it too..that ever since Gear 5 dropped...the pacing actually has been getting better...otherwise it used to be gomu gomu no gatling for 2 minutes straight....ig adding ending song as well as 2 minutes of that post ending song segment helped
May 27, 12:55 PM
Mar 2019
It took Atlus five minutes to throw a punch at Lucci just for it to miss
May 27, 3:22 PM
Dec 2023
lol, it really isn't.
May 27, 4:10 PM

Sep 2022
Reply to Tamasul
As someone who read the manga before diving into the anime, saying that the pacing post time skip is good is just a way of coping.

Luckily, One Pace exists.
@Rhae

Don't mention God awful One Pace to me again ๐Ÿ˜ญ
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
May 27, 4:50 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to GoatPieceLuffy
@Rhae

@GoatPieceLuffy Enjoy watching 0.2 chapters per episode then ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
May 27, 5:18 PM

Sep 2020
Bro. I swear you made this same post months ago...

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

May 27, 5:39 PM
Jan 2022
@samsince04 He has to do it after every few months, otherwise he can't get it up.
May 27, 6:49 PM
Oct 2022
MangaDawg said:
N0T3LI_ said:

in the filler arc after Alabasta they show Sanji helping out a kid from the Marine in cooking up a stew (I don't exactly remember the dish) even though he didn't need to and they could just run away from the Marine ships, Sanji chose to help the kid out and we get to see a caring side of Sanji's character. I do agree the unnecessary 10 second stare to the camera ain't necessary but the extra content does really flesh out the characters even more.

Bro, you gotta be joking. The Same situation happened with Sanji feeding Gin, showing his kindness and his thoughts regarding the matter as a whole. That was literally the INTRODUCTION to his character- that filler didn't expound on anything we didn't already have.
May 27, 7:24 PM
Jan 2021
GoatPieceLuffy said:
One of the key reasons for the slower pacing of the One Piece anime is its commitment to faithfully adapt Eiichiro Oda's manga. By maintaining a slower pace, the anime ensures that important plot points, character developments, and world-building details from the manga are included without significant omission or alteration. This fidelity to the source material enhances the viewing experience for fans who appreciate a faithful adaptation.

Character Depth and Development:
The slower pacing of the anime allows for more extensive exploration of characters' backgrounds, motivations, and relationships. By dedicating time to character development, viewers gain a deeper understanding and attachment to the diverse cast of characters in One Piece. This depth enhances the emotional impact of key moments and battles, making them more meaningful and memorable.

World-Building and Lore:
One Piece boasts a vast and intricately detailed world, filled with unique cultures, histories, and mysteries. The slower pacing of the anime allows for thorough exploration of this rich world-building, providing viewers with a greater appreciation for the depth and complexity of the One Piece universe. By taking its time to delve into various islands, civilizations, and mythologies, the anime enhances immersion and fosters a sense of wonder and discovery among viewers.

Suspense and Tension:
The deliberate pacing of the One Piece anime contributes to the buildup of suspense and tension, particularly during pivotal moments and arcs. By gradually escalating conflicts and challenges over multiple episodes, the anime keeps viewers engaged and invested in the outcome. This heightened sense of anticipation adds excitement and drama to the narrative, making each revelation and plot twist more impactful and satisfying.

Long-Term Planning and Foreshadowing:
Eiichiro Oda is renowned for his meticulous long-term planning and foreshadowing throughout the One Piece story. The slower pacing of the anime allows for the inclusion of subtle hints, clues, and callbacks that foreshadow future events and pay off in later arcs. By adhering to the manga's pacing, the anime ensures that these narrative threads are preserved, rewarding attentive viewers with a deeper appreciation for Oda's storytelling craftsmanship.

In conclusion, while the pacing of the One Piece anime may be slower compared to some other series, it serves a vital role in faithfully adapting the source material, developing characters and the world, building suspense, and maintaining narrative coherence. Ultimately, the deliberate pacing contributes to the immersive and rewarding experience of the One Piece anime for dedicated fans of the series.

it serves no purpose at all. What us as viewers are getting after watching luffy chase behind the "bad guy" for 30 episodes straight!?
Like additional content is great, sure but the pacing is literal trash especially in arcs like dressrosa and fishmen.
suspense is good till a limit but they always overdo it.
And foreshadowing is already done in manga no real need for it to do a different one in anime cause at that point it's not even foreshadowing cause it's already happened in the manga.
And the lore is also expanded in manga itself.
And like even, jjk is pretty faithful to the manga, it does not mean it has to be slow paced or something. It's just animating 18-20 pages of manga into one 20 min episode is not enough at all(and if its action in those 20 pages then it's even worse)
May 27, 7:27 PM
Jan 2021
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@Rhae

It's the one thing that made a lot of the people get past a lot of shitty paced arcs.
May 27, 7:29 PM

Jun 2020
Maybe there would be better pacing if there was more pure filler episodes instead of dragging every chapter to 3x its length

May 27, 7:56 PM

Sep 2022
Reply to Blaze567
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@Rhae

It's the one thing that made a lot of the people get past a lot of shitty paced arcs.
@Blaze567 It's a glorified trash fan edit.
May 27, 7:59 PM
Jan 2021
GoatPieceLuffy said:

and still somehow much better than the toei's edit and similarly accurate to the manga too.
May 27, 7:59 PM

Sep 2022
Reply to Blaze567
GoatPieceLuffy said:

and still somehow much better than the toei's edit and similarly accurate to the manga too.
@Blaze567

Definitely not.

One Piece is 100x better than One Pace.
May 27, 8:01 PM
Jan 2021
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@Blaze567

Definitely not.

its literally the same thing without trash filler content for just for making eps long
May 27, 8:02 PM

Sep 2022
Reply to Blaze567
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@Blaze567

Definitely not.

its literally the same thing without trash filler content for just for making eps long
@Blaze567

It's not.

Also, One Pace ruined Marineford.
May 27, 8:04 PM
Jan 2021
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@Blaze567

It's not.

Not gonna debate with someone who is blind af and just wanna dick ride something and can't hear any criticism abt something ๐Ÿ˜ฎ‍๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ˜ฎ‍๐Ÿ’จ
Good for you brother i guess!
May 27, 8:07 PM

Sep 2022
Reply to Blaze567
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@Blaze567

It's not.

Not gonna debate with someone who is blind af and just wanna dick ride something and can't hear any criticism abt something ๐Ÿ˜ฎ‍๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ˜ฎ‍๐Ÿ’จ
Good for you brother i guess!
@Blaze567

Thanks for the assumptions mate ( :
May 27, 9:18 PM

Aug 2019

That's hilarious and ironic given that almost every episode is basically 50% filler scenes. You can't claim that the anime is faithful to the source material when Toei adds material that wasn't even in the manga and that sometimes even contradicts canon manga material.

But I'm not going to get into this argument anymore. Many people have pointed out to you exactly why the pacing isn't great many times over the past year yet you brush off every single fact. If you're so confident in your assessment about the pacing being fine, then why do you continue beating a dead horse?
May 28, 12:00 AM
May 2021
it is good only the fights are stretched but I don't feel any boredom from them but yeah many feel that way for me one piece doesn't have any issues what so ever
May 28, 12:04 AM
May 2021
I basically don't mind the pacing if anyone does have problem then they should not watch it weekly and wait for atleast 10 episodes to get released and then binge watch it almost 3 months wait then the problem of pacing can be solved.
May 28, 5:58 AM
Feb 2022
Cope
Harder hahahaha
May 28, 9:44 AM

Aug 2014
Early_Morning said:

That's hilarious and ironic given that almost every episode is basically 50% filler scenes. You can't claim that the anime is faithful to the source material when Toei adds material that wasn't even in the manga and that sometimes even contradicts canon manga material.

But I'm not going to get into this argument anymore. Many people have pointed out to you exactly why the pacing isn't great many times over the past year yet you brush off every single fact. If you're so confident in your assessment about the pacing being fine, then why do you continue beating a dead horse?

First time with this guy? He is doing this all the time. Tell something that doesn't go along his opinion and you will be called a hater and he will disregard every criticism anyone says.
May 28, 11:42 AM

Oct 2020
Ah another bait post by this guy. Your monthly d*ckriding of One Piece pacing is consistent as I can see. I don't know how this dude can keep edging himself with these time wasting forums.
May 28, 12:26 PM
Apr 2020
Slow pacing itself is bad(to me) but one piece's slow paced episodes are more tolerable than some of the other slow paced anime such as bnha season 7(to me).
May 28, 4:13 PM
Apr 2024
one peace pacing is what ruins the anime, the fact that the pacing is this bad and the anime is still considered the goat is astonishing to me
May 28, 4:14 PM

Sep 2022
Reply to MrQwaze
one peace pacing is what ruins the anime, the fact that the pacing is this bad and the anime is still considered the goat is astonishing to me
@MrQwaze

It's not that bad mate.
May 29, 8:53 AM
Mar 2022
thanks chatgpt, very cool

in all seriousness, I don't care if its well paced or not. its 1100 episodes + many movies, and I would rather watch 1100 episodes of many other smaller and better shows in that time. Life is too short to watch luffy surpass his limits 378 times in a row
May 29, 9:45 AM

Jun 2016
An opinion so correct it needs AI to justify it.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 29, 11:42 AM

Sep 2022
Reply to Theo1899
An opinion so correct it needs AI to justify it.
@Theo1899

What are you talking about mate?
May 29, 3:22 PM

Aug 2014
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@Theo1899

What he is trying to say that you can't even write your own opinions anymore and have to rely on AI generated text. How about writing it yourself and see the difference?
May 29, 3:23 PM

Sep 2022
Reply to GTRaijin
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@Theo1899

What he is trying to say that you can't even write your own opinions anymore and have to rely on AI generated text. How about writing it yourself and see the difference?
@GTRaijin

What AI generated text?

Or do you lack reading comprehension?
May 29, 3:29 PM

Aug 2014
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@GTRaijin

What AI generated text?

Man, how more delusional can you be? Do you not have anything else to do? Creating the same threads just differently phrased and expecting people to agree to whatever you say.

Previously, you at least were writing your own opinions or whatever but now you started to resort to AI generated text which is obvious but you believe that it's you who wrote it. Big bruh momento.
May 29, 3:30 PM

Sep 2022
Reply to GTRaijin
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@GTRaijin

What AI generated text?

Man, how more delusional can you be? Do you not have anything else to do? Creating the same threads just differently phrased and expecting people to agree to whatever you say.

Previously, you at least were writing your own opinions or whatever but now you started to resort to AI generated text which is obvious but you believe that it's you who wrote it. Big bruh momento.
@GTRaijin

Please show me any proof that this is AI generated text?

Or do I have to report you again for derailing a thread?
May 29, 3:39 PM

Aug 2014
Are you serious now? The thread to begin with is a derailed mess with AI text. We already have people here doing it too so it's obvious since the pattern is the same.

How about making normal threads instead because in the end they will be deleted by mods as usual? Like people have already told you many times how and why the pacing of One Piece is absolutely atrocious but guess what? You still deny that and their proper criticisms. It's pointless to even start a conversation with you in the first place.
May 29, 7:48 PM

Sep 2022
Reply to GTRaijin
Are you serious now? The thread to begin with is a derailed mess with AI text. We already have people here doing it too so it's obvious since the pattern is the same.

How about making normal threads instead because in the end they will be deleted by mods as usual? Like people have already told you many times how and why the pacing of One Piece is absolutely atrocious but guess what? You still deny that and their proper criticisms. It's pointless to even start a conversation with you in the first place.
@GTRaijin

I am making normal threads though lol.
May 31, 9:38 PM
Jul 2021
GoatPieceLuffy said:
@Blaze567

Thanks for the assumptions mate ( :

Bro is blind to death for one piece. Nigga the pacing is bad, just accept it.

More topics from this board

» Toei suck big time!

Reckless_weeb - 1 hour ago

7 by Hazzardous2 »»
52 minutes ago

» Do you think Boney's ass is a contender for best ass in One Piece? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Jun 22

52 by Yaaceen »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 685 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yatarasu - Mar 21, 2015

65 by NoAllyn »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 22

53 by broco_lizz »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 613 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Wind_Sr - Sep 21, 2013

110 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.