Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 18, 1:49 AM

Jan 2022
When nobody appreciates our art and even pro artists not being appreciated much better either and slowly being replaced by AI, should you just give up and not make anything
May 18, 1:52 AM

Mar 2023
They should try a career in politics instead. They could become a chancellor.
May 18, 1:56 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to Spunkert
They should try a career in politics instead. They could become a chancellor.
@Spunkert but what does @DesuMaiden think? Does he agree with you? I think he should say his opinion 27 times in this thread.
May 18, 1:59 AM

Feb 2018
Not at all. You can just record your work in real time for evidence. Besides the raw talent of humans will always be appreciated. Art is all about personal satisfaction, rather than money. Majority artists have always been broke anyways throughout history. They do it for the passion, they enjoy the process. Not everything has to equated to money in life

May 18, 2:00 AM

Feb 2024
@LenRea Absolutely no. I wouldn't consider it a potential income source ofc, but it was always like that for artists. As a hobby, it's more than viable. When I hear that someone draws/paints or, say, does clay work, it instantly makes that person more interesting to me. Artists are the ones touched by god.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 18, 2:04 AM

Jan 2022
@tsukareru @LoveYourSmile I don't care about money I'm talking about being appreciated.
May 18, 2:06 AM

Sep 2016
No way, imagine R34 without amateur artists.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 18, 2:09 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to LenRea
@tsukareru @LoveYourSmile I don't care about money I'm talking about being appreciated.
@LenRea You should see much good artists like, Wlop for example are still appreciated despite AI art flooding everywhere. People value artists skills. The fact that a human is capable of making art like this - https://www.artstation.com/wlop , is really something people look forward to

May 18, 2:14 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to LenRea
@LenRea It sounds like appreciation means a lot to you. Then why not come out and show your stuff? Some will surely appreciate it, as the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
One of my friends draws for his whole life, but I only saw his works very recently because he was too cautious about others' appreciation. Now I sculp some really great figurine inspired by his drawings, hope he'll enjoy it. That wouldn't happen if he didn't challenge his natural shyness and came out with his art.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 18, 2:17 AM

Aug 2018
They can always opt to do furry art commissions. They can make lots of money real fast.
May 18, 3:44 AM

Nov 2019
I think consistency is key when it comes to standing out, of course if the art you create is distinctive then you're bound to get people who are into the specific art style. Otherwise, AI gen art is definitely beginning to overtake in terms of reach just because it can be spammed out
May 18, 7:59 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Rhae
They can always opt to do furry art commissions. They can make lots of money real fast.
@Rhae no thanks man. I dislike furry content. Much less drawing it as a career.
May 18, 9:44 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Rhae no thanks man. I dislike furry content. Much less drawing it as a career.
@DesuMaiden I see. What kind of art are you into then?
May 18, 9:59 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Rhae
@DesuMaiden I see. What kind of art are you into then?
@Rhae moe anime girls like Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin, Madoka Kaname, Homura Akemi, Sayaka Miki, and Nep Nep..I like cute anime girls...especially fan service content of them...
May 18, 11:00 AM

Feb 2022
I think that if you can't create something with inherent meaning and some sort of universal appeal (think symbolism) then you should give up. Amateur artists often get "making a tumblr OC" and "making art" confused. Art can generate something that is greater than the sum of its parts, generally (think William Blake, Van Gogh, Evelyn De Morgan, etc). With that in mind, the great thing about art is that machines can never replace it. They are not sentient and are therefore locked out of the thing that makes art what it is. Even if an AI were to gain sentience someday, it would be of such an alien nature compared to ours that the "art" it generates will likely not be what we define as "art". Of course, it will still actually be art but of a different kind.

Tl;Dr: Amateur artists shouldn't give up if their craft is on the right path. Only furry artists and alike specimens should because, let's be honest, whatever those people create is not art. It's garbage passing itself off as such.

Art is one of the most respectable endeavors an individual can partake in. It's irreplaceable and the people who dare to disagree with this don't know what art is nor are they artists, even if some may try to pass themselves off as such.
Kamikaze_404May 19, 2:53 PM
May 18, 11:12 AM

Nov 2023
Have you actually done everything you can do to get your art recognized? Do you know for a fact that you have given your 100%? If so, give up. If not, I think you should not give up.

00cactus
May 18, 2:39 PM

Jul 2016
There will always be a will and desire for people to make art, AI can't take that away. :p
May 18, 5:33 PM
Sep 2013
No need to doompost. We currently live in the age of AI slop but that doesn't mean there's no demand or appreciation for actual artists.
May 18, 5:36 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to oappo
No need to doompost. We currently live in the age of AI slop but that doesn't mean there's no demand or appreciation for actual artists.
@oappo and how is the OP doomposting? And do you honestly think AI will stop NTHE from happening? It will not...for obvious reasons...
May 19, 4:33 AM
Oct 2017
Listen man you shouldn't really compare your work to others like that cause you'll always end up finding yourself lacking. It's the "grass is always greener over the hill" type thing. You gotta create art or really whatever cause it brings you joy personally
May 19, 6:36 AM
Sep 2013
Reply to DesuMaiden
@oappo and how is the OP doomposting? And do you honestly think AI will stop NTHE from happening? It will not...for obvious reasons...
DesuMaiden said:
@oappo and how is the OP doomposting?

"AI art exists and no one appreciates artists. Maybe there's no point in doing art"

How is that not doomposting? Especially when art can simply be taken up as an enjoyable hobby rather than a job.
DesuMaiden said:
And do you honestly think AI will stop NTHE from happening?

?????????????????????
May 19, 1:26 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Make art because you want to make art. Possibly consider a different career if it is not viable to live off of, but don't abandon your passions.
May 19, 2:42 PM

Mar 2008
"""AI"" """art""" has already stagnated for the most part. It wont survive alone, it can only be used as a tool for digital artists.

There also always is sculptors and painters and pretty much any traditional media.
May 19, 3:20 PM

May 2016
I feel like as an artist you should be drawing for yourself not others. You should enjoy drawing drawing and the process it takes to create your piece of art work.

I've always been insecure about my art and always wanted validation but that's also something that is holding me back. I need to draw for myself more instead for others. Maybe you should too.
May 19, 3:30 PM

Sep 2018
That really depends.

If you draw because you like it than you should be able to continue for your own gratification.

If you draw to make money than determine if the profits are worth it.

If you do not find enjoyment or money out of an action you should probably drop it.

May 19, 4:15 PM

Jul 2017
If you want a brutal answer that you won't get from most artsy-aligned netizens:

You have to be more talented than the AI program if you want to have a future as an artist. Most people cannot see shading issues, and aren't going to look close enough to observe object folding/shapes blending into each other. Low to medium talent artists have no monetary future in that industry.

As a hobby, or a passion though, you should absolutely continue making art! If you're not in it for the money. And the only way to be better than the AI is with a lot of time and practice. The future is going to be very tough for artists.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which of these 6 things matters most to you?

IpreferEcchi - 4 hours ago

9 by Noboru »»
9 minutes ago

» What is one thing your country is famous for that you wish it wasn't ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Mar 31, 2023

59 by Noboru »»
1 hour ago

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - May 2

46 by GumGumBalls »»
2 hours ago

» do you still live with your parents?

FruitPunchBaka - May 29

40 by ryan77999 »»
2 hours ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

64 by Daconator »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.