Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 8:31 AM
Apr 2024
This was my favorite chapter in the manga and they did a good job adapting it
May 2, 9:51 PM
Aug 2015
I just finished it.
It was so good 😭
The cruelty of war, the pain of the peoples got left behind - all of it was presented beautifully 🥺
May 5, 2:17 AM

Jan 2018
I knew it was gonna be a WW2 story when I saw the episode title.

Bon is rethinking becoming a time patrol agent just now? I would've lost my shit much sooner. Especially after dying in the last episode.

Bon and Ream's biggest mistake was approaching a nutty nationalist Japanese from the 40's directly. Good thing they were able to save him tho.

This episode was really nice. I think this was the first time Bon and Ream made such a huge impact and it was shown in the present.
May 7, 7:39 AM

May 2020
I was frustrated with Bon and Ream this episode. They behaved in such predictable, underdeveloped ways that we already saw earlier--I would love to see this show dig a LOT deeper with their emotions and perspectives on TP work. Handing off such high-stakes assignments to literal 15-year-olds should be interesting, but somehow here it's boring.

That being said, the latter half of this episode got to me. I definitely choked up right at the end, when you can see two people walking up the path to Akiko's house. Damn.
May 7, 9:46 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to eksratu
I was frustrated with Bon and Ream this episode. They behaved in such predictable, underdeveloped ways that we already saw earlier--I would love to see this show dig a LOT deeper with their emotions and perspectives on TP work. Handing off such high-stakes assignments to literal 15-year-olds should be interesting, but somehow here it's boring.

That being said, the latter half of this episode got to me. I definitely choked up right at the end, when you can see two people walking up the path to Akiko's house. Damn.
@eksratu this is the biggest flaw of this series, lack of deep character development. The manga came out in 1978, when animes and mangas were a lot more simple so ig that's okay. I still love it for what it is though. I hope season 2 brings something interesting because the manga never had anything close an ending, it was left in an unfinished state after the author's passing
RecallMyNameMay 7, 9:50 AM
May 23, 3:03 AM

Nov 2012
bit of an iffy ep, kind of falls to what a lot of Japanese media and culture often can in parts, glamorising kamikaze which I can't get behind.
sure some people wholeheartedly believed in it and would rather die than be captured, however as it became seen as honourable and the morally correct thing to do, countless people who didn't believe were pressured towards doing stuff like this. At least it actually depicts in this, that sticking so needlessly to the kamikaze cultural indoctrination, would've just resulted in his pointless death, when the battle was already lost. The only difference it would've made was him not getting a future with his family.

Conversely I loved the new Godzilla film for depicting it's hero as one of those unwilling kamikaze, and still depicts him as honourable and heroic, despite clearly showing that their culture and society at the time very much so mostly viewed it as dishonourable and traitorous, with only a few brave (although mostly silent) objectors.

This anime decides to instead side step any of the morality surrounding it, and the guy only doesn't fulfil his kamikaze duties because they psychologically manipulate him, lol. But because of this we are allowed a child friendly happy ending, without really touching the issue itself. He tries to kill himself needlessly twice, he is depicted as someone fully indoctrinated into the kamikaze mindset. It doesn't need to address the problematic aspects of these beliefs, because magically everyone ends up fine in the end anyway.

Maybe an overreaction and I typed too much... but I just made me not a fan of this ep, felt uncomfortable in it's depiction but I suppose that should be expected with the age of the source material and general sentiment at the time, that unfortunately still persists today. It was probably a lot harder to be critical of it back then. Hopefully more modern depictions take the Godzilla minus one approach showing all the full yet unpleasant picture, but can't really expect that here being an adaptation of a dated source.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 29, 8:12 PM
Mar 2019
Would have been one of the few Kamikaze Pilots who survived.
It never gets told why they have to change time and save the person.
Aug 31, 10:34 PM
Nov 2018
Mais pessoas deveriam conhecer essa obra.

More topics from this board

» The interview

RecallMyName - Aug 11

2 by RecallMyName »»
Aug 11, 9:36 PM

» Season 2 is out

RecallMyName - Jul 17

5 by TrekkieNoob »»
Jul 20, 12:31 AM

» Episode Count

Baka_Ichigo - Jun 13

9 by 0451 »»
Jul 11, 10:29 AM

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 1 Discussion

DatRandomDude - May 2

15 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Jun 18, 6:10 PM

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 6 Discussion

0451 - May 4

2 by Eziprez »»
Jun 10, 4:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.