Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 8:28 AM

Dec 2021
Took just three episodes, but my buddy Gobrou went from a skinny goblin to a six-pack ogre... lols

After defeating the Red Bear, the undisputed strongest Monster in the Kuuderun Great Forest, Gobrou evolved into an Ogre. As an Ogre, Gobrou's body turned black with red lines like tattoos. He grew taller, reaching 2 meters and 50 centimeters, developed six-pack abs, and his hair turned gray, reaching his shoulder blades. Two sharp horns sprouted from his forehead, feeling hard when touched, and his genitalia grew larger.

Towards this newly evolved Gobrou, the captured adventurer girl, Rubellia Walline, and other women start showing affection. Meanwhile, Gobujii, tasked with collecting spirit stones, brings back a bloodied Carbuncle called Returner from the cave. She requests their help in repelling attackers who targeted the red gem on her forehead. Promised treasures guarded by Carbanucle, the group is excited.

I thought there'd be a harem in the show... but having human girls in it was unexpected, to say the least.

Apr 15, 8:47 AM

May 2018
Become MC is good isn't, every girl automatically love you even though it was different race. I wonder how that big D can fit inside those smaller race, even all of them including dyrads is small compare to Ogre
Apr 15, 8:56 AM

Aug 2013
ah yes I remember this from the manga....dude got Hella rizzed
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 15, 9:00 AM

Sep 2013
Didn't see this much ecchi since Highschool Dxd, Can't say i mind the harem it was funny, dude already did more than Rimuru, pretty based
Deep dark fantasies
Apr 15, 9:48 AM

Mar 2016
Dude got his harem really quick, I mean I expected this to be shown in the next episode but they rushed the hell out to the poly-thing part, let's see how twitter reacts about this.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 15, 9:49 AM
Mar 2021
the dryad had him sweating😭🤣

and the suspension effect had the other girls on lock😭
Apr 15, 9:53 AM

Dec 2022
This was the most unhinged episode

like it has some greed ,a good amount of gluttony and buckets full of lust this was so crazy i had to turn my brain on just to make some sense of the many things that is happening
like its lighting fast he lost his virginity in three episode (still couldn't domestic girlfriend record) and made a harem of 6 girls not just that he got a legendary item that can run a country he also made a fling got a bunch of gold and got his rizz level to 99

TALK ABOUT BEING UNHINGED ITS SHEER MADNESS anyway liked this episode
Apr 15, 10:15 AM

Oct 2017
What can I say, Rou is simply the best.
There were several subtle feelings that were exposed in this episode from the other characters. What is most important to me is how inferior Gobukichi felt even though he knew the two were partners from the beginning, keep up buddy
Apr 15, 10:17 AM

Mar 2021
Bro got skills, every man dreams for....
Apr 15, 10:18 AM
Jul 2019
Wow.

Went from promising to crap on a speed run in just one episode.
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
Mar 2024
A bit strang but funny
Apr 15, 10:21 AM

Mar 2021
my guy didn't just get some, he got it ALL. I'm surprised it happened so fast and the human girls joining in was unexpected!

Apr 15, 10:40 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to WienGirl
Wow.

Went from promising to crap on a speed run in just one episode.
@Raphaela28 lmao, if you had an issue with this episode then you really gotta stop now
its just gonna keep escalating 🤣

He keeps fucking and eating everything, thankfully always in that order 👌
You did notice him eating every adventurer, right? and even the gem / corpse of the construct
Apr 15, 10:41 AM

Jan 2014
It was just happenstance that they stumbled upon a treasure trove. The ladies got Stockholm real hard. IYKWIM ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Apr 15, 10:45 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to xion03
@Raphaela28 lmao, if you had an issue with this episode then you really gotta stop now
its just gonna keep escalating 🤣

He keeps fucking and eating everything, thankfully always in that order 👌
You did notice him eating every adventurer, right? and even the gem / corpse of the construct
@xion03 Yeah, it's likely a drop.

It moves at the speed of light, but it's not that interesting. Couldn't care less about any of the characters either, as the writer hasn't even bothered to develop them at all, except physically, so there's no emotional connection.

And yeah, yeah, every female within 10 miles wants to get into Gobrou's loincloth -- so predictable, so boring, and about as intelligent and well-written as a 15-year-old boy's wet dream :) Wouldn't mind if it was funny, but it wasn't even that.

Will probably pick up the manga, as I have a feeling there's a LOT being missed in this, which might make it more interesting as the premise is cool.

Will give the anime 1 more episode tho, and then likely a drop.

Had a lot of promise. Not really delivering.
Apr 15, 10:48 AM
Nov 2021
If the ignore the fansevice it was a great episode, but I hope this fanservice wont continue...
Apr 15, 10:49 AM
Jan 2009
Is it just me or did the quality drop considerably in this episode?
Apr 15, 10:50 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to WienGirl
@xion03 Yeah, it's likely a drop.

It moves at the speed of light, but it's not that interesting. Couldn't care less about any of the characters either, as the writer hasn't even bothered to develop them at all, except physically, so there's no emotional connection.

And yeah, yeah, every female within 10 miles wants to get into Gobrou's loincloth -- so predictable, so boring, and about as intelligent and well-written as a 15-year-old boy's wet dream :) Wouldn't mind if it was funny, but it wasn't even that.

Will probably pick up the manga, as I have a feeling there's a LOT being missed in this, which might make it more interesting as the premise is cool.

Will give the anime 1 more episode tho, and then likely a drop.

Had a lot of promise. Not really delivering.
@Raphaela28 I think you're looking at it from the "wrong" perspective, or at least expect something from it that it doesn't even try to do

This story is about a person, reincarnating into a monster. And not just in body, but really just a straight up monster.
In the Manga and Webnovel its clearly written in a diary format, this is still true in the anime, just less obvious.
So yes, events are all extremely dry, because these are being told by a sociopath telling you about things he enjoyed.
There is nobody important in this story because - to the protagonist, there is nobody important.

If the whole village tribe and all the women died tomorrow? He'd eat them and just say "welp, time to move on"

This whole story is about escaliting crimes being commited by the protagonist that doesn't have any conscience
Apr 15, 10:52 AM

Jan 2013
I'll never understand people genuinely looking for a well written show when it comes to this stuff, just enjoy the power fantasy.

This is what the farming isekai should have been, they screwed us over on that one.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 15, 10:54 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to xion03
@Raphaela28 I think you're looking at it from the "wrong" perspective, or at least expect something from it that it doesn't even try to do

This story is about a person, reincarnating into a monster. And not just in body, but really just a straight up monster.
In the Manga and Webnovel its clearly written in a diary format, this is still true in the anime, just less obvious.
So yes, events are all extremely dry, because these are being told by a sociopath telling you about things he enjoyed.
There is nobody important in this story because - to the protagonist, there is nobody important.

If the whole village tribe and all the women died tomorrow? He'd eat them and just say "welp, time to move on"

This whole story is about escaliting crimes being commited by the protagonist that doesn't have any conscience
@xion03 Hahahaha, that makes a bit more sense then.

And here's me thinking "Awww, guy who gets reincarnated as a goblin creates a community and does his best to make the lives of the creatures/people who live in it better".

Guess not, eh?

Will watch the next episode from the perspective of what you said, and see if its seems more appealing. Thanks for the clarification :)
Apr 15, 11:07 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to WienGirl

And here's me thinking "Awww, guy who gets reincarnated as a goblin creates a community and does his best to make the lives of the creatures/people who live in it better".

Guess not, eh?

Will watch the next episode from the perspective of what you said, and see if its seems more appealing. Thanks for the clarification :)
@Raphaela28 there is also a lore reason why they've all thrown themselves at the protagonist, though I'm unsure if they'll spell it out exactly.

You might figure it out if you remember what he did and with whom and what that creature is right before it happened 😅
Apr 15, 11:10 AM
Mar 2022
yeah i'm dropping it like in the manga, and I haven't even finished the episode
Apr 15, 11:15 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to xion03

@xion03 What the fuck? This is absolutely not the story so far in the anime.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Sep 2020
Very bad writing imo. This just copied "That time I got reincarnated as a slime" and made it 10 time worst.
Apr 15, 11:24 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to LostSpectre
@xion03 What the fuck? This is absolutely not the story so far in the anime.
@LostSpectre Of course not, the story is being told by a person that considers eating adventurers normal. You did notice him eating them, right?

@ZXEAN this story started earlier though (as a webnovel)
Apr 15, 11:24 AM
Jan 2023
everything just feels rushed.... I don't want to spoil anything but trust me read the Manga
Apr 15, 11:26 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to xion03
@LostSpectre Of course not, the story is being told by a person that considers eating adventurers normal. You did notice him eating them, right?

@xion03 Doesn't change the fact that the writing of this show is very bad.
Apr 15, 11:27 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to xion03

@xion03 He's a fucking goblin/ogre and gains power-ups by eating people, so yeah, why wouldn't that be normal? Adventurers deserved it.
Apr 15, 11:37 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to ZXEAN
Very bad writing imo. This just copied "That time I got reincarnated as a slime" and made it 10 time worst.
@ZXEAN Actually Slime was created inspired by Re: Monster, all monster-isekai have their origins from this series.
The tropes and clichés that are now generic, at the time the webnovel was created were considered unique, thus starting the inspiration for all isekai where the mc become monsters. And this is something that was said by the slime writer himself, so let's maintain respect for Kogitsune-sensei, for his historical contribution to so many stories.
Apr 15, 11:45 AM
Mar 2020
3rd episode with a "happy ending". oki.
Apr 15, 11:48 AM

Oct 2016
Ahh, Stockholm Syndrome at its finest.
Apr 15, 11:59 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Chanbara
@ZXEAN Actually Slime was created inspired by Re: Monster, all monster-isekai have their origins from this series.
The tropes and clichés that are now generic, at the time the webnovel was created were considered unique, thus starting the inspiration for all isekai where the mc become monsters. And this is something that was said by the slime writer himself, so let's maintain respect for Kogitsune-sensei, for his historical contribution to so many stories.
@Chanbara I don't care. This show is really awful. The main character isn't likable and the side character are forgettable asf.
Apr 15, 12:25 PM

Jun 2008
I kinda knew it was going to be a harem but I didn't expect an orgy in episode 3.
Oh well, good for Rou.
Apr 15, 12:38 PM
Jun 2023
Drop. And literal harem is not the worst thing about it. Everything is just badly written. It feels empty. No plot, super forgettable characters and one of the worst world building. And it's not kind of bad that can entertain you like Arifureta or Shield Hero. Just boring.
I have to admit, "So I'm spider, So what?" did much better job at showing monster protagonist from another world. Though adaptation was far from good, in the first half it was pretty entertaining.
donslockzApr 16, 1:07 AM
Apr 15, 12:58 PM

Oct 2017
So much progress in all sorts of ways. Gobrou banging his entire harem already, holy f*ck. They offscreened it with just moans but still. Dryad was hot and so was the potion girl. Harem mcs left in shambles. Gobrou the real man.
Apr 15, 1:00 PM
Jul 2022
Well, this WAS enjoyable. Hopefully the next episode redeems whatever this was.
Apr 15, 1:03 PM
Jul 2022
Raphaela28 said:

Guess not, eh?

I had the same thought/view on the initial presentation of the series as you. Seems like we’ll both likely be dropping lol
Apr 15, 1:17 PM

Jan 2014
Banging episode!
"Most people don't try to become adults, they just can't stay children any longer."
- Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Apr 15, 1:45 PM
Jun 2012
I was wondering when all the sex would start.
Apr 15, 1:55 PM

Jul 2015
That's a second isekai protagonist this season, that gets laid.

Apr 15, 2:05 PM

Feb 2019
Holy shit, is this a record for an isekai mc to fuck all the girls?? Absolute mad lad. I knew we would get harem antics after the last episode where the girls started getting jealous, but this was faster than I could’ve ever imagined lol. Got isekai farming life beat by a few episodes. Too bad it was off screened

From what I’m gathering based on the way these episodes are structured so far, this is a diary type set up, so that’s why we’re not getting side characters’ viewpoints and it feels like just a daily recount of Gabrou’s day. Hopefully they expand on the side characters at some point.

Banging episode, literally
Marinate1016Apr 15, 2:41 PM
Apr 15, 2:05 PM

Mar 2014
Jeez. Feels like that was written by a 12-year-old boy. I wonder how a studio agrees to animate that piece of garbage. These whole "OP protagonist" anime are super cringy. Hard to watch that. Dropped.
Apr 15, 2:17 PM

Nov 2017
Reply to Piromysl
That's a second isekai protagonist this season, that gets laid.
@Piromysl Who's the other one?
Apr 15, 2:21 PM

Jul 2015
Dynaro said:

Rudeus, of course.

Apr 15, 2:22 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to xion03

@xion03

I say it's pretty obvious that it's a diary or something of the sort. I mean, the constant day title cards and the narration give it away. Also, never seeing another character's point of view is a dead give away as well.

In other anime, a scene would cut to show us what another character is doing and talking about. In this one, the only time it happens, the narrator talks about what he remembered happening or what he was told.

EDIT: I REALLY hate this forum system. Reply just puts an @, but doesn't even show you the text you're replying to until you hit post so you can't shorten it to reply to something specific.

If you want to quote something specific, you have to do it manually, which is just dumb.
Euthymia_GervApr 15, 2:33 PM
Apr 15, 2:35 PM

Nov 2017
Reply to Piromysl
Dynaro said:

Rudeus, of course.
@Piromysl Oh right! How could I forget this:

Apr 15, 2:49 PM

Apr 2012
One of the cheapest, worst written anime I've seen in a long time.

- forbid every goblin to fuck girls
- fuck all the girls yourself

Wow.

If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Apr 15, 2:52 PM
Oct 2022
It’s incredibile how Gobrou evolved so fast. In just three episodes, he turned from an average goblin to a powerful ogre who can have any woman he wants.

It was kind of weird that they included a sexualised part with Gobrou and dryads and then, with the rest of the women from goblin community, but they were human.

Anyway, there are only three episodes till now and I can say that Re:Monster rocks, it is great. Character development, story, action, isekai and action are peak, awesome adaptation. Episode three was as great as the rest of the first two. My favorite part was seeing Gobrou fighting and using Jolt Control, he will be the most powerful goblin, maybe even better than Gobjii.
Apr 15, 2:54 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to trpk-teros
If the ignore the fansevice it was a great episode, but I hope this fanservice wont continue...
@trpk-teros If you ignore the fanservice, there was no episode.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Apr 15, 2:55 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to ZXEAN
@ZXEAN Well, no, it does one thing better: The hero is not an asexual idiot. Slime could have been so good if Rimuru actually fucked some girls, but ofc he doesn't.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 8

94 by clydexclyde »»
Sep 16, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 6

89 by lasodamos »»
Aug 22, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 17

79 by Sats »»
Aug 9, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 10

45 by rnrb »»
Aug 2, 5:56 PM

» Re series

Jking_The_Dark - Jul 5

15 by KaeUBW »»
Jul 13, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.