Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 10, 2023 4:52 AM
Jun 2021
Don't hate on me just reading the title, I just wanted to know whether this will be a good investment to read the manga or not. I like Andy & Fudo, like some of the other characters also...but still after 10 episodes the plot feels like very boring. So, to people who've read the manga, I actually wanted to to know does these same types of events keep happening in the future or the story really becomes serious at some point.
- ad99
Dec 10, 2023 5:03 AM
Mar 2019
I am also wondering this. I just watched latest episode. For the last four I have been wondering why I am still watching this despite having little to no entertainment. This could have been so much better, I guess? Something is not right with this? Pacing? So, manga maybe could be a better way to go? I liked the concepts, but the pacing seems weird... And with manga the reader is the one who gives the pace, so maybe?
Dec 10, 2023 5:19 AM
Jun 2021
Chibana-kun said:
I am also wondering this. I just watched latest episode. For the last four I have been wondering why I am still watching this despite having little to no entertainment. This could have been so much better, I guess? Something is not right with this? Pacing? So, manga maybe could be a better way to go? I liked the concepts, but the pacing seems weird... And with manga the reader is the one who gives the pace, so maybe?

Yeah. true, felt the same way. Pacing is also a big concern so I thought about reading the manga. But the manga is also 180 chapters which will take time to read, so I was seeking for a review.
- ad99
Dec 10, 2023 5:26 AM
May 2023
It's nice that they got rid of some of the sexual jokes, and it's entertaining to just watch, but it feels like the plot is going nowhere? It's been 10 episodes and I'm still not even sure what they're trying to do
Dec 10, 2023 6:03 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to Mommyyyy
It's nice that they got rid of some of the sexual jokes, and it's entertaining to just watch, but it feels like the plot is going nowhere? It's been 10 episodes and I'm still not even sure what they're trying to do
@e-slut i was about to post the same thing, like what is the theme here??
is it empathizing with UMA and Rule victims? Human survival? Meaning of life?? or what

There's nothing leading the audience to a major conflict and feels like each new information is just a retcon of previous events.
Dec 10, 2023 6:09 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
The objective at the moment is to find an 11th seat member, and doing quests to keep Ragnarok from happening, prevent new rules and penalties being added from the God behind all of this and to figure out why it’s doing this. There are revelations that continue to be shown, new characters and motivations brought in, and interesting UMA’s to fight against. There’s a twist that happens soon to make things more interesting and really opens the story up, but I guess it’s all a matter of perspective. I enjoyed it from the very beginning and find the concept extremely interesting.

Back with Gina, when Fuuko was painting with her, she added “stars” in the sky without knowing what they were when UMA Galaxy wasn’t known of for her yet. Then once it’s added, the whole world besides Negators believe it’s been a part of life from the beginning. Language barrier is rid of and everyone speaks the same one, what is this Unrepair guy doing behind the scenes? Then you realize, why was Fuuko able to bring down a meteor if galaxy wasn’t a thing yet? All to be revealed. These things are interesting to me, wether they’re interesting to others is another thing.

I think the story continues to get better and better as time goes on, and at a certain part in the manga it gets deadly serious, but if you genuinely aren’t enjoying it, I doubt you’d get to the part. I think it’s worth sticking out for, at least reading the manga anyway, but it’s possible you won’t agree.
Dec 10, 2023 6:17 AM
Dec 2022
MusashiKarlsefni said:
The objective at the moment is to find an 11th seat member, and doing quests to keep Ragnarok from happening, prevent new rules and penalties being added from the God behind all of this and to figure out why it’s doing this. There are revelations that continue to be shown, new characters and motivations brought in, and interesting UMA’s to fight against. There’s a twist that happens soon to make things more interesting and really opens the story up, but I guess it’s all a matter of perspective. I enjoyed it from the very beginning and find the concept extremely interesting.

Back with Gina, when Fuuko was painting with her, she added “stars” in the sky without knowing what they were when UMA Galaxy wasn’t known of for her yet. Then once it’s added, the whole world besides Negators believe it’s been a part of life from the beginning. Language barrier is rid of and everyone speaks the same one, what is this Unrepair guy doing behind the scenes? Then you realize, why was Fuuko able to bring down a meteor if galaxy wasn’t a thing yet? All to be revealed. These things are interesting to me, wether they’re interesting to others is another thing.

I think the story continues to get better and better as time goes on, and at a certain part in the manga it gets deadly serious, but if you genuinely aren’t enjoying it, I doubt you’d get to the part. I think it’s worth sticking out for, at least reading the manga anyway, but it’s possible you won’t agree.

Mmmmmmmm enticing me now
Dec 10, 2023 8:00 AM
May 2023
Plopop said:
is it empathizing with UMA and Rule victims? Human survival? Meaning of life?? or what

There's nothing leading the audience to a major conflict and feels like each new information is just a retcon of previous events.

Yeah. I do get the overall idea, but there's nothing even hinting at a escalation of conflicts and a climax, which is the first thing we learned must be in a story to entice the viewers in class. If a story doesn't have that, it gets boring, which is happening here.

It's alright, but this could've been so much better if it was done right.
Dec 10, 2023 8:36 AM

Apr 2020
As soon as you stop seeing only the negative and start giving credit where credit is due^^

That is precisely the point where it gets good.
Seriousness has nothing to do with anything.

Life Is good✌
Dec 10, 2023 10:04 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
e-slut said:
Plopop said:

Yeah. I do get the overall idea, but there's nothing even hinting at a escalation of conflicts and a climax, which is the first thing we learned must be in a story to entice the viewers in class. If a story doesn't have that, it gets boring, which is happening here.

What is the whole Ragnarok premise then that they just introduced in the last episode, if not an escalation of conflict and climax? Even before then, the introduction of a god behind the rules and powers of negators, and trying to fight against it and take down the system currently in place. Or even just simply trying to find a means of death for an immortal character.
MusashiKarlsefniDec 10, 2023 10:10 AM
Dec 10, 2023 11:27 AM

Mar 2012
I put it on display but to read it to you, it's not worth it, it seems...
J'ai toujours eu ce sentiment un peu étrange d'être comme extérieur à mon corps. Cette impression de flotter quelque part au dessus, ou d'être dans une salle de cinéma, assis au fond, en train de regarder un long film interminable et à attendre que quelque chose se passe. Cette impression de lutter pour devoir rester éveillé, cette envie d'attraper le personnage principal pour lui dire de se bouger, sans cependant pouvoir rien faire sans briser l'écran.
Dec 10, 2023 11:44 AM

Jun 2020
same im not really feeling it.. sometimes i feel like i am forcing myself to watch it because it's popular and ppl were saying it's so good and all
Dec 10, 2023 11:56 AM
Jun 2021
Lucky02 said:
same im not really feeling it.. sometimes i feel like i am forcing myself to watch it because it's popular and ppl were saying it's so good and all

😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞
- ad99
Dec 10, 2023 2:13 PM
Dec 2021
the start of the series (most of s1) is the weakest of the whole series. It will pick up a lot when they introduce the UMA seasons near the end of s1. then ragnarock is really good, and everything after that is even better, but that could take a second and eventually a 3 season. the hope is that s1 gets popular enough so they animate the best parts of the story
Dec 10, 2023 2:15 PM
Dec 2021
e-slut said:
Plopop said:

the main conflict will start ramping up a lot soon.
Dec 10, 2023 3:08 PM

Aug 2014
Am I the only one who enjoyed UU from the first episodes? Each episode just gets better and better and now with the latest one, things are gonna get serious.
Dec 10, 2023 5:46 PM
Nov 2022
I dropped it after they beat his old fling, I knew it was going any fast. I was wondering if it ever picked up but seeing this thread just let me know it didn't.
Dec 10, 2023 8:11 PM

Aug 2023
Reply to GTRaijin
Am I the only one who enjoyed UU from the first episodes? Each episode just gets better and better and now with the latest one, things are gonna get serious.
@GTRaijin same here. I also enjoyed it from the episode 1
Dec 10, 2023 8:27 PM
Apr 2021
I read the manga but I enjoyed this since chapter 1/episode 1 and a lot of you guys are asking what’s the plot…GUYS trust me you’re in for a treat when the true plot gets revealed, my jaw dropped realizing what Andy and Fuuko are up against🤩😭😭😭😭
Dec 10, 2023 9:33 PM

Apr 2022
read a good amount but i don't even really remember what happens anymore because i never got interested. its the only ongoing shounen manga i've started that i don't feel like keeping up with.
Dec 11, 2023 5:45 AM
Sep 2023
same I dropped it in the zombie episiodes it was really bad but I probably will binge watch it when all eps come but the animation was falling so bad since the first ep
Dec 11, 2023 9:53 AM

Aug 2014
Egemenslr said:
same I dropped it in the zombie episiodes it was really bad but I probably will binge watch it when all eps come but the animation was falling so bad since the first ep

Did you watch something else or what? How is the animation falling since ep 1?
Dec 11, 2023 12:10 PM
Sep 2023
GTRaijin said:
Egemenslr said:

Did you watch something else or what? How is the animation falling since ep 1?

I loveddd the animation in ep 1 but I guess cgi zombies took me out and the overall ep felt kinda boring to me
Dec 11, 2023 1:28 PM
Aug 2021
GTRaijin said:

No, I’ve been laughing my ass off from the start. I think people and they’re ratings are a bit to serious for this show sometimes. It’s like satire doesn’t exist 🤷🏼‍♀️ love Andy and the plot twists that have happened recently
Dec 11, 2023 6:00 PM
Oct 2023
If you have been watching until episode 10 and doesn't feel like it gets good then it's probably not for you and that's fine you don't have to like it because everybody else does. But for the people that do but are still saying that the plot goes nowhere and nothing leads to a major conflict and there's no theme I would say there's a good chance you're just not paying enough attention to the story.

Theme-wise both Fuuko and Andy wants to die because of their respective 'curses'; Fuuko blames herself for the death and misfortune of many in the beginning. Now after joining the Union, she found out that there's actually a way to take control of their own life i.e. by killing God. Plot wise, there's so much escalation already from the initial premise of just running away looking for ways to die, joining the Union to survive, to finding out that the world is heading into an eventual destruction. Episode 10 hinted at another antagonistic faction already.

Again, if you get all that and still feels like it's confusing or things feel like a retcon then the show is not for you and it's fine. I think figuring out the anime's entire direction as it goes and having questions from things just hinted early before the reveal is the fun part but I can understand people wanting to get a clear direction and exposition for the story from the get-go.
Dec 11, 2023 8:52 PM
Oct 2017
Spoil Arc spoiled my enjoyment if yk what i mean *shoots cringe finger guns*
Dec 12, 2023 7:18 PM
Jan 2018
Reply to Lucky02
@Lucky02 it's not actually popular, it's a bottom feeder in weekly shonen jump that has survived despite barely selling 30k per volume while it's beaten by a lot of manga with no anime adaptatations, and its only defenders are the people that read it.
Dec 12, 2023 8:38 PM

Jun 2020
breaker12 said:
@Lucky02 it's not actually popular, it's a bottom feeder in weekly shonen jump that has survived despite barely selling 30k per volume while it's beaten by a lot of manga with no anime adaptatations, and its only defenders are the people that read it.

oh.. nah i was talking abt twitter/x everyone were so hyped up when the trailer dropped.. also btw i liked the latest ep and now it's interesting because of the rewards and all
May 24, 11:40 PM

Jul 2021
Episode 9 when the Juiz the leader of the organization wipe out all the alien invaders, I think that episode got me hook!

I read some comments that they dont know where the story going, it was stated that the main goal is to kill god. I dont know about you but almost every jprg I played that the final boss is a god like being, it was almost always EPIC!!!
May 25, 9:00 AM

Oct 2019
For me this is a rare case of a show that my opinion of it improved with every episode.

I would say watch it until the first penalty,, if you aren't sold by then, it's probably not worth it.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

107 by Tennouji »»
Sep 9, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2023

236 by Min_Minaliski »»
Aug 27, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

99 by SmasherDie »»
Aug 27, 6:29 AM

» New sequel officially announced!!!

Dbagas8 - Jul 31

17 by KursedArcana »»
Aug 25, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ptipana2077 - Jan 12

95 by romzanalimohon »»
Aug 19, 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.