Forum Settings
Forums
The Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2023 4:20 PM

Apr 2022
damn, satsuki got hit with the revelation at the end after finally mustering up the courage.
Sep 13, 2023 5:24 PM

Aug 2021
That's unfortunate, after finding the courage this is what happens, too bad for her
Sep 13, 2023 6:13 PM

Mar 2015
you are too late girl.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 13, 2023 6:38 PM

Jun 2016
I know this is gonna happen its too late. I feel like the creator shouldn t go to this route. Should have focus on the side characters like Natsusawa and etc others. Adding another girl to spice up an official couple for a prolong storyline is not what I think should have been done.

Sep 13, 2023 7:22 PM

Jun 2021
I was hoping she'd see Rintarou and Kaoroku together. I'm glad she did so that she would finally move on.
Sep 14, 2023 4:14 AM

Oct 2017
I hope she atleast talks with him and finally gives him her gratitude atleast or she'll suffer more. But yeah too late girl, a bit too late.
Sep 14, 2023 8:46 AM

Aug 2020
Why this arc even exist I don't understand,I can see author trying to show something from rintaro past and connect it with current one but tbh this one isn't much interesting and refreshing choice for this manga,could have been better if we got focus on natsuzawa and Subaru just like @SubaruHoshina mentioned.
Sep 14, 2023 9:22 PM

Nov 2007
Reply to Lavi_kun
Why this arc even exist I don't understand,I can see author trying to show something from rintaro past and connect it with current one but tbh this one isn't much interesting and refreshing choice for this manga,could have been better if we got focus on natsuzawa and Subaru just like @SubaruHoshina mentioned.
@Lavi_kun I dont get why the moment people saw potential rival, they quickly jump to conclusion and assumed author trying to create love rival.

If anything else, the high probable outcome from this is: She talk to Rintaro > Tell him how much he have changed him, and how sorry she is for running away > doesn't confess, but Kaoruko pick up her actual intention > she bow and bid farewell and hope his life goes well with his new gf (maybe tease him) > walk away and cry her heart out > Kaoruko pout, realizing other girl see start to see his charm, but also understand its his kindness that drive her and satsuki toward him.

This potentially make Kaoruko more possessive and clingy...there wont be any drama of Rintaro being wishy washy and turn this into love triangle. What you guys think this manga is? domestic girlfriend? XD

Satsuki arc will most likely end here, and will be just part of side character that might show up here and there. Of course everyone waiting for natsuzawa with Subaru arc, thats obvious and will eventually show up. But you guys gotta realized, we are barely at chapter 85...i mean, the pace is already fast enough if you compared to most romance manga.
Baron85Sep 14, 2023 9:41 PM
Sep 14, 2023 10:40 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to Baron85
@Lavi_kun I dont get why the moment people saw potential rival, they quickly jump to conclusion and assumed author trying to create love rival.

If anything else, the high probable outcome from this is: She talk to Rintaro > Tell him how much he have changed him, and how sorry she is for running away > doesn't confess, but Kaoruko pick up her actual intention > she bow and bid farewell and hope his life goes well with his new gf (maybe tease him) > walk away and cry her heart out > Kaoruko pout, realizing other girl see start to see his charm, but also understand its his kindness that drive her and satsuki toward him.

This potentially make Kaoruko more possessive and clingy...there wont be any drama of Rintaro being wishy washy and turn this into love triangle. What you guys think this manga is? domestic girlfriend? XD

Satsuki arc will most likely end here, and will be just part of side character that might show up here and there. Of course everyone waiting for natsuzawa with Subaru arc, thats obvious and will eventually show up. But you guys gotta realized, we are barely at chapter 85...i mean, the pace is already fast enough if you compared to most romance manga.
@Baron85 when did I mentioned that it will turn into love rival or love triangle, we all know very well that it's not that type of series,the things which you mentioned are pretty much what this arcs wants to do which at this point anyone can see it but what I meant is that it should focus on the cast which it had showed already not only natsuzawa and Subaru one but there are characters like uzami, yorita or madoka whom we don't have much idea about their life, the author should focus on them instead of throwing a new character for few chapters and forget afterwards.
Sorry for not clearly mentioning my points earlier and looking like a scumbag :p

Ps: not hating for introducing new characters but atleast they should be relevant to story till the end.
Sep 15, 2023 12:32 AM

Jul 2010
So... this character exists only to suffer? What is she, Subaru from Re Zero lel? We already know how amazing, kind and comfy Rintaro is, literally every character in this story thinks of him as Buddha incarnate...

Like obv she won't become a love rival, there will be NO love triangle. She just appears out of nowhere and gets her heart broken because she spent who knows how many years before accepting her feelings. Huh. Should have had that pep talk with friends a bit earlier.
Sep 15, 2023 2:54 AM

Nov 2007
Reply to Lavi_kun
@Baron85 when did I mentioned that it will turn into love rival or love triangle, we all know very well that it's not that type of series,the things which you mentioned are pretty much what this arcs wants to do which at this point anyone can see it but what I meant is that it should focus on the cast which it had showed already not only natsuzawa and Subaru one but there are characters like uzami, yorita or madoka whom we don't have much idea about their life, the author should focus on them instead of throwing a new character for few chapters and forget afterwards.
Sorry for not clearly mentioning my points earlier and looking like a scumbag :p

Ps: not hating for introducing new characters but atleast they should be relevant to story till the end.
@Lavi_kun I think introducing Satsuki is not such a bad idea...Afterall, its just 3 chapters at most. And it set a tone that, during his middle school, its not all bleak and sorrowful as we thought it would be. People are just afraid of approaching him. If anything else, i would welcome a few more chapters where Kaoruko ask him about his middle school life, so she get to know him better.

Heck im all in for random encounter of Satsuki and her friends stumbling upon Rintaro...an awkward greeting, and got caught by Usami or other gang and thought he is cheating. Aside from Madoka, i hardly remember the rest of Kikyo girls. Their design doesnt attract me that much (no hard feeling, its just that, they look forgettable). Both of Satsuki friends look much more interesting, especially that blonde long hair girl... i would prefer the author keep em in the story for future use and not cast em aside after this chapter.

Some reader prefer other side chars get development, I still prefer the primary focus to be kaoruko and rintaro...heck i kinda wish their relationship go beyond just holding hand and hugging...go all out like Horimiya. So yeah, i understand you guys frustation, but its a win in my book if i get to see Kaoruko develop her personality.

She is literally a Mary Sue. I would love to see her to be a bit more jealous, slightly more possessive...she is way too perfect at this point. Some flaws in her personality would make her more real.
Sep 15, 2023 3:01 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to Baron85
@Lavi_kun I think introducing Satsuki is not such a bad idea...Afterall, its just 3 chapters at most. And it set a tone that, during his middle school, its not all bleak and sorrowful as we thought it would be. People are just afraid of approaching him. If anything else, i would welcome a few more chapters where Kaoruko ask him about his middle school life, so she get to know him better.

Heck im all in for random encounter of Satsuki and her friends stumbling upon Rintaro...an awkward greeting, and got caught by Usami or other gang and thought he is cheating. Aside from Madoka, i hardly remember the rest of Kikyo girls. Their design doesnt attract me that much (no hard feeling, its just that, they look forgettable). Both of Satsuki friends look much more interesting, especially that blonde long hair girl... i would prefer the author keep em in the story for future use and not cast em aside after this chapter.

Some reader prefer other side chars get development, I still prefer the primary focus to be kaoruko and rintaro...heck i kinda wish their relationship go beyond just holding hand and hugging...go all out like Horimiya. So yeah, i understand you guys frustation, but its a win in my book if i get to see Kaoruko develop her personality.

She is literally a Mary Sue. I would love to see her to be a bit more jealous, slightly more possessive...she is way too perfect at this point. Some flaws in her personality would make her more real.
@Baron85 that's true the other kikyo girls were really forgettable and probably not gonna be useful in further story much and that's why I am afraid of getting new character which appears shortly and then never use again,this entire satsuki arc reminds me natsume yuujinchou s3 (dunno episode number) which done everything much better but here it doesn't seems much interesting but I have to agree that her freinds seems interesting character even with their design.
About kaoruko part,then I don't think anyone who is reading this manga wouldn't like to see kaoruko most and every side of her and especially that cute smile of her.
Sep 15, 2023 11:22 AM

Apr 2021
damn, that was sad :v
Sep 18, 2023 4:42 AM
May 2020
You snooze you lose
Sep 21, 2023 11:08 PM

Jul 2021
So she indeed had a crush on him huh but it is too late for her now
Nov 4, 2023 5:23 AM

Jul 2021
Oh boy she gotta accept that Rintarou has Kaoru now
Jul 25, 2:24 PM

Mar 2018
to be fair, she was in middle school; kinda hard to go against the beaten path when you're so impressionable and afraid of the opinions of others. It's nice to see people change over time as its not an easy thing, even if she will be hurt, its a good experience for her and the reader.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaoru Hana wa Rin to Saku Chapter 120 Discussion

ryzxgum - Jul 24

7 by MishterMann17 »»
Yesterday, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Studio u want for the anime adaptation

Hickykissy - May 8

13 by Rider9530 »»
Jul 22, 2:32 PM

» Happy Birthday Kaoruko-chan!

Dawolfsam - Jul 21, 2023

6 by Dawolfsam »»
Jul 22, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Kaoru Hana wa Rin to Saku Chapter 75 Discussion

Barrycade - Jun 14, 2023

8 by vF_Wackiier »»
Jul 21, 9:18 PM

Poll: » Kaoru Hana wa Rin to Saku Chapter 119 Discussion

ryzxgum - Jul 17

5 by landofthekwt »»
Jul 20, 8:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.