Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2023 7:00 AM

Jun 2020
Anon's flashback hits me hard
Jul 13, 2023 7:02 AM

Apr 2014
So... MyGO comes from 'maigo' which means 'lost child'?! That's quite a nice word-playing when its members are kinda 'lost' in their own ways somehow.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 13, 2023 7:11 AM

Feb 2020
Emotional episode again.

Rana has such a peculiar personality. :P

I can't wait to see their concert.

Also, that English sounded amusing as usual.

SerafosJul 13, 2023 12:18 PM
Jul 13, 2023 10:21 AM
Mar 2022
finally we have last member of Ave Mujica
Jul 13, 2023 10:36 AM

Feb 2007
AkeZZZ said:
So... MyGO comes from 'maigo' which means 'lost child'?! That's quite a nice word-playing when its members are kinda 'lost' in their own ways somehow.

Noticed this as well, yes. :)

Although my brain still insists it's Mi-Go. :P
Jul 13, 2023 11:32 AM
Apr 2022
That new Ave Mujica character looks too similar to Tomori.....Are they long lost twins hence having different surnames? We still dont know much about Tomori's background tbh.

Othewrwise, its just clumsy character design.
Jul 13, 2023 11:55 AM

Oct 2016
the english in Anon's flashback has to be the funniest one without it wanting to be a comedy lmao
Jul 13, 2023 12:11 PM
Jan 2021
Anon just POSER & LOSER. 😂😂😂 okay, i admit the story writer was brave enough to create this type of MC. Worst music skill with biggest talk in Bandori history.

Chara without music skill in Bandori world :
Kasumi, Chisato, Kaoru, Hagumi, Misaki, *New ANON!!! 😭😭😭 (at least the other 5 didn't try to show off)

With her personalities (narcisstic, eccentric, overpowered self loves, she created funny and lovable output) she would be top idol. But she choose band. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

MyGO must be the weirdest band in Bandori (par with HHW)
Tomori : authistic stone collector
Taki : always in period
Soyo : bit sus and cunning (she used Anon to get her old band member back 🚩)
Rana : wtf with her?!!!
And Anon : 🗿🗿🗿

Well, this is interesting. I give this combo 10/10

PS : i love Anon, actually she carry this show. Tomori so boring, Taki bit annoying, and Soyo sus. Anon fight with RICKY never fail to entertain me 🤣
Jul 13, 2023 12:40 PM

Sep 2015
Too much second hand embarrassment packed into a single episode.

Kinda relief that Anon actually had prior musical experience and not totally a newbie. Else I would die from cringe after all her bragging.

I don’t know, maybe at least get a native english speaker to dub it if you’re trying to highlight the difference… I started laughing when Anon has better pronunciation than the native speaker.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Jul 13, 2023 7:11 PM
Aug 2021
Engrish is hard. I wish I can speak it myself
Jul 13, 2023 11:45 PM
Jan 2021
THEY SAID IT, THEY SAID THE THING
Jul 14, 2023 10:32 AM

Mar 2014
Ooff that english was really bad but their fake british accent is a lot worse
Jul 14, 2023 6:00 PM
Aug 2018
Bandori made a genuinely fantastic episode?? what is happenening?? Also Anon finally gets called out on her bullshit
Jul 15, 2023 1:09 AM

Jul 2014
5 episodes in and Tomori is quite literally the only thing keeping me from dropping this show.

Cos man, the rest of MyGo just aren't likeable at all. From Soyo and Anon both having horrendously annoying voices to Taki being perpetually grumpy to Anon's entire personality just being awful, it's just not that fun to watch these guys. And while Raana seems like she could be a fun addition, she's barely appeared yet and it's abundantly clear that she's literally only here because gotta have 5 members no matter what. Her addition to the cast and group doesn't feel as forced as Rui in Morfonica does, but it's still blatantly forced: if you can't reach 5 members naturally, why force it? What's wrong with mixing it up with less than 5 for a change?

As for Anon's flashback in this episode, I lost any ability to take it seriously when the "native English speakers" opened their mouths and spoke such horrendous Engrish, especially in contrast to Anon's Engrish actually being pretty decent by comparison.
Jul 15, 2023 3:44 AM
Sep 2022
I didn't know about the franchise, and I expected to find music and fun, but what I found is more of a Turkish soap opera 😂😂😂😂. I don't like Anon as a character and this of ending up holding hands with Anon and Tomori to provoke Taki's "jealousy", and that in the next chapter we continue with the drama now with Taki seems like a little contrived. I'll give it a chance, to see if I can see some music and less of Yuri "bait"
HormigoJul 15, 2023 4:07 AM
Jul 15, 2023 9:01 PM
Jan 2023
I don't think English people will mistake Anon for Ann... and their dub need to do better since it shouldn't cost much to find actual English people for it. But I will buy their idea, throw away my brain to continue the show.
Jul 16, 2023 9:33 PM
Sep 2020
I'm actually legitimately curious to hear more than 2 seconds of Anon's old band because I have a feeling it's straight up oldschool power chord punk rock like Ramones

I know she's getting a lot of hate from Bandori fans but I find her character realistic and intriguing. Enjoyed seeing her story fleshed out more here, and can't wait to see how she grows over the course of the season.
Jul 17, 2023 6:43 AM
Jun 2023
what an amazing episode, seriously. the struggle between everyone's feelings here really knocked the wind out of me and i just love the deeper emotional feeling that this show has in comparison to the other bandori animes. every interaction between the girls feels meaningful and worthwhile and there's little time spent on dead air. this series is written extremely tightly so far.
Jul 22, 2023 1:17 PM

Nov 2009
Raana join in so randomly, cause she feels that Anon's group is very interesting, LOL (she ain't wrong tho, the entire group is made up of crazies)

Also, LOL @ Anon still struggling with trying to be the "center/ focus" of the band, but everyone else is literally more interesting and noticeable than her, LOL

And they mentioned Poppin'Party and Afterglow. It's always so interesting how Bang Dream's series are all pretty much in one single universe and series events seems to happen at near the same timeline.

Make me wonder how interesting it would be if someone made a event-sheet where it shows what each group was doing during the same time periods.

Also, Anon: "I am not running away", and then runs away right afterwards, LOL

And it looks like Anon had some issue where she was suppose to go to England, but didn't, cause she couldn't keep up with the curriculum and she didn't speak to most other ppls.

Which is understandable, especially since most schools outside of Japan doesn't really have the "band/ idol culture", and the "greeting culture".

I tried it before, albit a LONG LONG TIME AGO, going into a classroom and yelling good morning, everyone would just think you're annoying (same thing as most ppls in this forum thinks Anon's personality is annoying, cause outside of Japan this behavior is deem "too friendly"), I literally got called by the teacher and asked why I did that... yea...

BTW, ppls were saying how the English speakers were weird, but it's not "that bad", since this is England afterall, not USA, gotta remember those "British accents", LOL

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 4, 2023 9:33 PM
Jun 2019
Love it because the plot is more interesting
Aug 17, 2023 9:10 PM
Aug 2023
melancholy development
Aug 31, 2023 6:20 AM

Oct 2021
Anon’s studying abroad situation hits me hard because I went through the exact same thing. I wish I could just give her a hug during that moment.

I’m a little confused though as to why present Anon is acting like she’s completely new at the guitar and learning all the basic chords and avoiding practice, but then she was shown in her flashback performing in a band as the lead.
Aug 31, 2023 4:16 PM
Aug 2023
man thats bad af, i just want the old ones again.
Sep 15, 2023 3:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Anon causing drama is annoying with her personality but that's sad for her backstory in England, hopefully it will get better for her starting now
Apr 4, 12:48 PM
Mar 2019
Get practicing Anon, you need to play better.
Things won't always work out.
May 18, 10:40 AM

May 2019
That Engrish from the foreign students tho..... what was that. The show itself kind of has good premise about getting back and moving forward again but the execution of said themes was so half baked soall we know about the characters is that they want to join a band. Not to mention with really poor chemistry and awkward interaction between them, all they think are perform in concert with no proper practice. Well played.

More topics from this board

Poll: » BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Sep 14, 2023

52 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Yesterday, 9:54 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Aug 17, 2023

53 by Miedori »»
Jun 12, 9:35 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!! Episode 7 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jul 27, 2023

33 by Miedori »»
Jun 12, 6:21 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!! Episode 9 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 10, 2023

38 by thehornedrat »»
May 21, 5:50 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!! Episode 3 Discussion

chocomayu - Jun 29, 2023

26 by 5hadow17 »»
May 19, 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.