Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2023 9:25 AM

Sep 2016
The first act, so years passed, really nice to see all of the girls as older.

The second act back to the past before graduation. The graduation was live top tier connecting the story back to the future.

Really would have wanted to see Ichigos medley live.
ooReikoMay 29, 2023 9:54 AM
Jun 15, 2023 9:53 AM
Mar 2023
I wonder if there are Next Series to be continued about Ichigo, Aoi and Ran after this Ending.
After all, there are still lacking about after graduation such as why Ran always Sigh. It reminds me when Ran still at Tristar.And it didn't explained why Ran be told more break it.
Where is Mizuki? In LA? Why?

BTW the bad thing this Movie is it's really lack the chemistry of Soleil(3 of them) after Graduation.
Jun 24, 2023 1:11 PM
Sep 2017
Has anyone subbed this in English yet? I can't find it anywhere.
Jun 25, 2023 2:42 PM

Jul 2008
StarmiyaParfait said:

Not yet. The only consistent subber for Aikatsu has only been Mezashite. So maybe keep checking their website? 

But since it's a finale hour long special thing, I'm sure a random anon translation could pop up at some point too.
Jun 25, 2023 9:09 PM
Sep 2017
Gar_Logan said:
StarmiyaParfait said:

Not yet. The only consistent subber for Aikatsu has only been Mezashite. So maybe keep checking their website? 

But since it's a finale hour long special thing, I'm sure a random anon translation could pop up at some point too.
I really hope someone subs it at some point. I'm dying to watch it but can't even though the blu ray has been out for a little while.
Jun 26, 2023 1:43 PM
Nov 2021
Did anyone notice the difference in the movie's artstyle?
https://imgur.com/a/qtHi6fq
I honestly was completely turned off by the artstyle once the movie was revealed, it looked weird and lifeless to me, and wasn't how I remembered and loved.
I don't know if you felt the same way, but I wanted to share my feelings about this little detail. as for the movie itself, I haven't seen it and I'm very cautious about it.

Dr_3ncephalonJun 26, 2023 7:28 PM
Aug 12, 2023 6:04 PM

Jul 2008
Dr_Wrecker said:
Did anyone notice the difference in the movie's artstyle?
https://imgur.com/a/qtHi6fq
I honestly was completely turned off by the artstyle once the movie was revealed, it looked weird and lifeless to me, and wasn't how I remembered and loved.
I don't know if you felt the same way, but I wanted to share my feelings about this little detail. as for the movie itself, I haven't seen it and I'm very cautious about it.

I want to say this is a budget issue? But yeah, it's always sad when an OLDER series looks like it has more character and life in it. 
Aug 12, 2023 11:15 PM
Nov 2021
Gar_Logan said:

I want to say this is a budget issue?

I don't think so, I've seen several official artworks that have the same new artstyle as the movie, so it was probably more from the designer herself, not to mention that it resembles more Hula Fulla Dance which the designer has worked on as well.
Also, I think it's weird for a movie to have a budget issue since it's usually supposed to have a bigger budget than the TV show as far as I know.

Dr_3ncephalonAug 13, 2023 4:19 PM
Sep 10, 2023 2:42 PM

Nov 2012
For anyone that been waiting, this is finally subbed and in the usual places.
Sep 11, 2023 8:36 AM

Feb 2020
Very good and emotional movie. It was good to meet these characters again. :)
Sep 11, 2023 10:23 AM

Aug 2018
that was the best hour of my life my entire body has been vigorously vibrating for the past half an hour and i cannot feel anything anymore i cried throughout the entire movie
Sep 12, 2023 5:42 PM

Apr 2021
I'm super stoked to see these girls again! They've grown up just as amazing as I imagined. They're all pursuing different careers now, but their bond remains unbreakable. We even spotted some couples that didn't exist back in their school days. Anyway, it's all totally worth watching. Big thanks to STAR ANIS for making it happen!
Sep 15, 2023 2:15 PM

Sep 2014
I can't tell you how emotional I was watching this. It really feels like a love letter to Aikatsu while also being a love letter to us FROM Aikatsu. Reading the song lyrics, the way the characters spoke, almost as if it was to us directly...this was the perfect finale. I will love this show for the rest of my life.
Sep 17, 2023 7:39 AM

Jun 2008
Logging in again just to post here.

This was a very emotional movie for me. I started Aikatsu 11 years ago on a whim, never expecting it to go on this long, but it ended up as a constant in my life that helped me get through some rough patches. I really didn't want this to end. When it was coming to a close I was sitting here practically begging them not to leave me...but I guess it can't go on forever. I don't think I can ever find another series that hits like Aikatsu did. No matter how similar one may be, it will never have the same personal timing and weekly presence as Aikatsu.

I love that this was able to happen, though. Ran driving, Yurika getting drunk...feels uncanny. 22 years old, yikes. I'm just rambling now.

But as the saying goes: Don't be sad that it's over. Be happy it happened.
Nov 19, 2023 5:07 PM

Nov 2012
Finally got around to watch this. Yeah it was emotional to say good bye.

I felt slightly taken out of the experience with the final performance though. I get this movie was primarily focused on Soleil but I honestly liked the ED song Koori no Mori that was a group performance much more than the song My Starway.

Still it was a good movie full of past memories.
Jan 6, 12:36 AM

Nov 2009
Well, I guess this is it, the last of Aikatsu in what used to be one of the best Kids Idol series that had actual "lessons" about working hard in life and doing your best.

This was a really great series and the first season will always remain the best season with Ichigo.

I won't ever forgot about this series (at least the first few seasons, I stopped watching the series after Aikatsu on Parade, that was the last "full series" before they gone into mini-shorts and mixed with real life podcasts.)

Aikatsu on Parade is pretty much considered the "last of series" since it's a "multiverse of Aikatsu worlds" that connects all characters together.

But I wasn't that big on Aikatsu on Parade, the only good part was Ichigo making appearances. Otherwise the actual Aikatsu season that I liked was Aikatsu Stars.

Tho I do agree that some parts of the art quality has dropped from the original.

The reason I believe is they wanted the hand-drawn/ digital-drawn to be similar to the 3D-models, which has less "lines" and "shadow/ depth".

And yea, seeing everyone growing up and going their separate ways is always emotional. But I am glad Ichigo and Ran stayed together, at least until someone else barges into their life, unless they went full "Yuri". As for Aoi... seems as tho she's going to be a Teacher in America, since she's learning Teaching stuff in America instead of Teaching stuff in Japan. And Aoi only returns to Japan from time-to-time, probably only once a year judging by the looks of it.

But the movie also makes me wonder, what are the other Aikatsu main character from other multiverse doing now... lol

It would be REAL interesting if they had a movie of Aikatsu on Parade grown up multiverse edition where everyone is a grown up now and meet each other to talk about what they've done or is doing as adults, LOL. (probably won't happen, cause from this movie, they went with "flash backs" to get musicals since the grown up Ichigo, Aoi and Ran seems to no longer do musicals as they're doing adult things... which means the other characters probably also stopped doing musicals as most Idol-time pretty much stops after you've reach age 20, and afterwards you just become a actor-Idol that rarely do musicals, some still do sing, but rarely actual quick movement dances unless you're in a specialized musical band, regular bands rarely moves that much)

(also, since this is 10 years later, and I am pretty sure Akari also graduates like 2 years after Ichigo (assuming they're doing Japan's 3 year high school system), what happened to Akari, what's she doing now?) (aka, to Akari, this movie would be 8 years later)

Other note, after Aikatsu on Parade, I actually sorta stopped watching kids-Idol series, especially since "Pripara" (other kids-Idol series) stopped getting Subs in mid of season 2 so I didn't continue watching the later seasons of that series as I didn't want to just jump over like 30~40 episodes of previous season... (the later season was also only like 1/3rd subbed) This was like 7+ years ago when I stopped watching Pripara. I also haven't checked if any other kids-Idol that replaced Aikatsu.

(I am pointing at Kids-Idol series that incorporates Fantasy and future Tech with high episode counts, not realistic Idol series like Idolmaster, Love Live, BangDream, etc etc)
amlgJan 6, 1:00 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 6, 7:14 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to amlg
Well, I guess this is it, the last of Aikatsu in what used to be one of the best Kids Idol series that had actual "lessons" about working hard in life and doing your best.

This was a really great series and the first season will always remain the best season with Ichigo.

I won't ever forgot about this series (at least the first few seasons, I stopped watching the series after Aikatsu on Parade, that was the last "full series" before they gone into mini-shorts and mixed with real life podcasts.)

Aikatsu on Parade is pretty much considered the "last of series" since it's a "multiverse of Aikatsu worlds" that connects all characters together.

But I wasn't that big on Aikatsu on Parade, the only good part was Ichigo making appearances. Otherwise the actual Aikatsu season that I liked was Aikatsu Stars.

Tho I do agree that some parts of the art quality has dropped from the original.

The reason I believe is they wanted the hand-drawn/ digital-drawn to be similar to the 3D-models, which has less "lines" and "shadow/ depth".

And yea, seeing everyone growing up and going their separate ways is always emotional. But I am glad Ichigo and Ran stayed together, at least until someone else barges into their life, unless they went full "Yuri". As for Aoi... seems as tho she's going to be a Teacher in America, since she's learning Teaching stuff in America instead of Teaching stuff in Japan. And Aoi only returns to Japan from time-to-time, probably only once a year judging by the looks of it.

But the movie also makes me wonder, what are the other Aikatsu main character from other multiverse doing now... lol

It would be REAL interesting if they had a movie of Aikatsu on Parade grown up multiverse edition where everyone is a grown up now and meet each other to talk about what they've done or is doing as adults, LOL. (probably won't happen, cause from this movie, they went with "flash backs" to get musicals since the grown up Ichigo, Aoi and Ran seems to no longer do musicals as they're doing adult things... which means the other characters probably also stopped doing musicals as most Idol-time pretty much stops after you've reach age 20, and afterwards you just become a actor-Idol that rarely do musicals, some still do sing, but rarely actual quick movement dances unless you're in a specialized musical band, regular bands rarely moves that much)

(also, since this is 10 years later, and I am pretty sure Akari also graduates like 2 years after Ichigo (assuming they're doing Japan's 3 year high school system), what happened to Akari, what's she doing now?) (aka, to Akari, this movie would be 8 years later)

Other note, after Aikatsu on Parade, I actually sorta stopped watching kids-Idol series, especially since "Pripara" (other kids-Idol series) stopped getting Subs in mid of season 2 so I didn't continue watching the later seasons of that series as I didn't want to just jump over like 30~40 episodes of previous season... (the later season was also only like 1/3rd subbed) This was like 7+ years ago when I stopped watching Pripara. I also haven't checked if any other kids-Idol that replaced Aikatsu.

(I am pointing at Kids-Idol series that incorporates Fantasy and future Tech with high episode counts, not realistic Idol series like Idolmaster, Love Live, BangDream, etc etc)
amlg said:

What do you mean? the artstyle of the hand-drawn models and 3D ones in this movie were quite different from each other.

Jan 16, 9:37 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
This is it the end of the journey, i got to know aikatsu almost 7 years ago when stars was in the beginning, and since then i watched two more times the anime.
And i have no complaints, they give an ending that i wanted to see, its obvious sad that it ended, but like the other guy said, we have to be happy that it existed in the first place.
I have no doubt that i will watch this series again unless i die tomorrow, i will never forget it.
Jan 24, 4:58 AM

Jun 2016
最後の「今わたしが歩いてる 'かけがえない' きらめくライン」あの曲を思い出す。エモさが止まらん。
Feb 17, 8:45 AM

May 2019
Very emotional movie. It's more about Soleil to their future. All the girls look so mature and beautiful and it feels like I know all of them just yesterday. The movie feels heavy and hopeful about their continuation as a unit. Good to see Ichigo and Ran living together pursuing their own carreer while Aoi study abroad. It's also notable to see Mizuki had a video call with Aoi too. And the second part having the old gen hanging out in their apartment was so wholesome. And lastly their performances look so beautiful and emotive. I think after the three of them met together again at the gate, they would plan to perform together again as Soleil. Maybe one day we got to see the continuation of their performance together as adults and their adult life too. Hopefully.....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite out of the 3?

arinthach - Sep 13, 2023

0 by arinthach »»
Sep 13, 2023 1:25 PM

» MAL entry confirmation

Gar_Logan - Jun 2, 2023

1 by ooReiko »»
Jun 3, 2023 10:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.