Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Orient
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2022 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
What a monster. Jesus Christ. Howeer, it seems anything in this show can have a weakness.

Props to Musashi and everyone on their courage to face that monster. Honestly, Musashi is kinda inspiring for never giving up and facing any danger head on. Quite an episode.
Sep 5, 2022 10:25 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Michiru's father is now merged with the kishin.
The Shimazu goes to attack him and Musashi saves one of them! Not that they were exactly grateful...
Musashi then takes down the disruption affecting the Shimazu's teamwork.
He is injured however in the process. Without Musashi, the Shimazu can't link blade energy and the Shimazu leader doesn't care that one of the members was too slow and about to possibly die.
Musashi saves a Shimazu member again and then helps him to link to the other members!
It was nice to see the stupid Shimazu let Musashi devise a plan and work together with them.
Even the Amako are allowed to participate which the leader is shocked about!
Of course the idiotic Akihiro is still being stupid and trying to act cool.
The Shimazu are sick of his attitude...
It's a good thing one of them slapped him.
Wonder what Akihiro is planning to do...

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDSep 5, 2022 10:30 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 5, 2022 10:25 AM

Jul 2017
Michiru's dad transforming into this bludgeon of a monster, and the Shimazu Clan has no openings to reach it other than working on their very own. And the person that they need the most, Musashi, is acting on his own to help the Shimazu develop the Bushi linking chain, fighting the way he knows how not to distract the brothers.

What's left is the Kishin and Yamato no Orochi for the Shimazu and Amako clans to work together and take it down, but there's a problem with Akihiro: he's just best as a lonewolf, and the band of brothers are just mere pawns to him, that their growing up together meant nothing much. And that means that Musashi must fill in for Akihiro being the last link, while the lonewolf wants to hog the glory all for himself...a stark contrast to their aspirations for the future and linking with everyone.

Really though, everything could've been stereotypical, but Akihiro has a change of heart, and who can really blame him...can he?
Sep 5, 2022 10:27 AM
Sep 2015
I actually like drill piece because it's such a subtle world building. Bushi fight by connecting power so there's gotta be a training equipment to visualize the connecting strategy, and drill piece just fit into this position.

But Akihiro acting tsundere just for the sake of being tsudere is a no-no. But I don't expect any character depth when even leading guys like Musashi and Kojiro are shallow as pond. Yes, I get that he's actually care for his brothers, but the fact is that he doesn't help his brothers a bit when they're in danger. I actually think it'd be nice if some or all of his brothers die for real just to see Akihiro's reaction. Is he gonna be as cold as ever? Is he gonna cry and regret?
Sep 5, 2022 10:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yes there is Akihiro for more drama and especially now it's up to how he'll handle/lead that (after seeing that quick backstory with his family it makes sense)
Sep 5, 2022 2:24 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
About time Musashi stepped up and help out the Shimazu clan, but Akihiro sees the rest of his clan as mere pawns to thrown away when they are not useful anymore. This caused the Shimazu clan to fight amongst themselves as they told Akihiro to fuck off. Mushashi brings people together while Akihiro pushes people away with his lone wolf behavior.
Sep 5, 2022 2:24 PM
Apr 2017
It feels like the 2nd half of the 2nd part is a redemption for the anime, really good few episodes chained together
Sep 5, 2022 3:08 PM
Jan 2022
This episode is definitely better than the previous, the "supposedly better" episode
Sep 5, 2022 9:51 PM

Jul 2021
The first part with them fighting the transformed ugly bastard was utterly and competely meh. Well at least that helped Mushashi get close to the Shimazu brothers, so it's ok. I think that Akihiro is just not able to express himself properly and is just going with the flow when accused of hogging all the glory.

Did not understand the ending, what was that abrupt end? But I'm guessing Akhiro didn't want to be the one smashing the horns but because he's the only one with a red blade, the responsiblity fell upon him which he doesn't want. He clearly said he didn't wanna be the one to smash the horns when he was a kid.

Anyway 4/5 episode because first part with the battle was really hard to watch.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 6, 2022 12:29 AM
Sep 2021
It was a nice episode, liked how the shimizu accepted musashi as a comrade and work with him and we also get someflashback on akihiro and the shimizu brothers.

I give this episode 7/10.
Sep 15, 2022 4:38 PM
Nov 2017
Main character is being so wimp/disabled and bs talk that everyone plays is making me want to vomit.
Jun 10, 2023 7:34 AM
May 2023
Buen capitulo...musashi haciendo algo util por el equipo y lo reconocen aunque mu hubiera gustado mas participacion de todos los integrantes pero bueno, veremos como se resuelve el conflicto entre los hermanos.

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something.....

Ghefira - May 14

2 by RGreatDanton »»
May 17, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2022

43 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2022

21 by ionelHeredia »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:49 AM

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2022

17 by ionelHeredia »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:14 AM

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2022

17 by ionelHeredia »»
Jun 9, 2023 7:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.