Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 4, 2022 12:50 PM
Aug 2021
I plan a trip with my wife to one of Europe's countries and consider Turkey as an option.

We know that Airbnb rents can reach several thousand dollars for one month, and this is a considerable amount for our budget. We want to invest in $300-400 for a studio apartment. If you know of any cheap options and countries, then please advise me.

Also, there is one nuance. My wife does not have the vaccine, and it makes it a little difficult to enter some countries.
Feb 4, 2022 1:02 PM

Jun 2019
Dude... No way it exists a furnished studio apartment for around 300 bucks + short time rental in european tourist cities. Plus no vaccine. Not gonna happen in the EU. Turkey is your best bet for sure. Maybe eastern Europe. Not sure if that budget is realistic tho.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Feb 4, 2022 2:27 PM
Aug 2021
Bakchos said:
Dude... No way it exists a furnished studio apartment for around 300 bucks + short time rental in european tourist cities. Plus no vaccine. Not gonna happen in the EU. Turkey is your best bet for sure. Maybe eastern Europe. Not sure if that budget is realistic tho.

It's sad. The vaccine shouldn't stop travel plans that much. Mine are ruined...
Anyway, thanks for the reply, bro.
Feb 4, 2022 2:40 PM
Feb 2022
labellim said:
Bakchos said:

There's super green pass.
All you need to do is to get the virus then wait it out , you will be considered permanently immunized in most of Europe and able to do everything as if you had the vaccine.
Feb 4, 2022 3:07 PM
Aug 2021
RedFaction said:
labellim said:

There's super green pass.
All you need to do is to get the virus then wait it out , you will be considered permanently immunized in most of Europe and able to do everything as if you had the vaccine.

Bad decision, anyway...it is also forbidden for such illnesses.
Feb 4, 2022 3:11 PM

Sep 2016
ppl actually go to turkey of their own free will damn oomfie in they flop era fr
infinite money glitch click here for money free mony click here real

Feb 4, 2022 5:29 PM

Jun 2019
Turkey isn't a European country.

Only a very small sliver of it relative to the rest of the whole is actually geographically in Europe. I don't think a majority ethnic Turkish, Turkish language-speaking, non-white, non-Christian (or even non "post-Christian" like more secular areas of Northern and Western Europe), and majority Muslim country is ever going to be viewed as European within the current cultural context of what Europe as a term denotes.

Most of it is physically in Asia, its roots are in Central Asia, and it's culturally and politically more linked to the Middle East today.
Feb 4, 2022 6:16 PM

Jul 2015
"we wanna go to europe, got any tips for a Turkey trip?" - american citizen

I suggest you find a country that won't jail you for 20 years for some political imbroglio shit. And if you wanna travel to Europe, I suggest you find an european country.

Having spent a week in Romania recently, you can def rent a week of Rbnb or even hotel for less than 300 bucks there. Go to Iasi, and eat all the goat telemea you can find. Best cheese ever. Just forget renting a car, that's fucking organized theft lol. Most people are chill, especially in Iasi which is a student town with young people from all around europe. You prob won't get jailed 20 years to piss off "imperialist western scum", but you might get attacked by Vlady Putin tho U_U
Higly recommend a trip to Romania overall. Went there with my pants, 500e, and no plan after my plane ticket. Spent an excellent week. Locals are very cool, especially if you go to the countryside where people are like "... You came here for vacations? ^_- In the romanian countryside? Let me pay you a beer!"
DeathkoFeb 4, 2022 6:22 PM
Feb 5, 2022 12:18 AM

Oct 2010
get a plane ticket to barcelona, get off at el prat airport, then go visit tarragona and its surroundings
Feb 5, 2022 12:21 AM

Mar 2015
If you want to travel during the pandemic tell your wife to get vaccinated.
Feb 5, 2022 7:37 AM

Dec 2015
labellim said:
I plan a trip with my wife to one of Europe's countries and consider Turkey as an option.

We know that Airbnb rents can reach several thousand dollars for one month, and this is a considerable amount for our budget. We want to invest in $300-400 for a studio apartment. If you know of any cheap options and countries, then please advise me.

Also, there is one nuance. My wife does not have the vaccine, and it makes it a little difficult to enter some countries.

Can't tell about the budget but surely you'd enjoy your time at countries like:
Spain, France, Poland, Germany, Czech, Italy, Denmark, Netherdlands etc. with cities like Wrocław, Poznań, Paris, Touluse, Ibiza, Frankfurt, Berlin, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Rome etc. etc.

Mirai said:

Most countries are actually goin away with this circus, the restrictions are no longer a thing in Uk, Spain (?) and Italy so far from what I remember.
Feb 5, 2022 9:07 AM

Mar 2015
Zettaiken said:

Mirai said:

Most countries are actually goin away with this circus, the restrictions are no longer a thing in Uk, Spain (?) and Italy so far from what I remember.

Even without restrictions you should probably still get vaccinated. Would suck to get Covid while overseas. Not to mention the restrictions could come back any time, we've already seen it happen plenty of times.
Feb 5, 2022 9:56 AM

Dec 2015
Mirai said:
Zettaiken said:

Even without restrictions you should probably still get vaccinated. Would suck to get Covid while overseas. Not to mention the restrictions could come back any time, we've already seen it happen plenty of times.

Obviously they can go back but it will only make people/industries suffer especially if they would make full restictrion of closing everything as it happened before, you'd be surprised how many small/local stores/businesses were closed/went bankrupt cause of this.

btw I am vaccinated and I guess I won't join in the circus of getting 3rd, 4th and I've heard about 5th shot -> gone through covid 3 times but only 1 of them was confirmed by tests, nothing to being scared of, there are worse illness existing in world and no one makes restrictions cause of their existence x)

Feb 5, 2022 11:41 AM

Jan 2009
WatchTillTandava said:
Only a very small sliver of it relative to the rest of the whole is actually geographically in Europe.
More like the small rest is culturally because of the Greek-Orthodox influence. Large parts of Russia and sometimes even Georgia count culturally as European despite going even further to the East than Turkey, so geography is not the criterion, but purely cultural reasons

Zettaiken said:
btw I am vaccinated and I guess I won't join in the circus of getting 3rd, 4th and I've heard about 5th shot -> gone through covid 3 times but only 1 of them was confirmed by tests, nothing to being scared of, there are worse illness existing in world and no one makes restrictions cause of their existence x)
You might get counted as "unvaccinated" and lose your privileges, but yeah, there are countless sicknesses you can have and be untested or unvaccinated, but for some new common cold which doesn't affect younger people much, you're supposed to be "vaccinated" or at the very least tested to travel?
Feb 5, 2022 12:43 PM

Dec 2015
Just remember, everyone in Europe drives on the left and they kiss people on the mouth as a greeting.
Feb 5, 2022 12:44 PM

Jul 2017
you need to convince your wife to get vaccinated. It is our duty to get vaxxed to protect our family and others around us. As global citizens we must spread this message.
Feb 5, 2022 2:02 PM

Jun 2019
Noboru said:
WatchTillTandava said:
Only a very small sliver of it relative to the rest of the whole is actually geographically in Europe.
More like the small rest is culturally because of the Greek-Orthodox influence. Large parts of Russia and sometimes even Georgia count culturally as European despite going even further to the East than Turkey, so geography is not the criterion, but purely cultural reasons

It's both. Only 3% of Turkey's land area is in Europe, whereas 23% of Russia is.

But also, besides the religious cultural aspect, it's also ethnic and racial. Ethnic Russians are considered white (basically universally) and ethnic Georgians usually are as well. Whereas Turks are definitely not.
Feb 5, 2022 3:44 PM

Jan 2009
WatchTillTandava said:
Noboru said:

It's both. Only 3% of Turkey's land area is in Europe, whereas 23% of Russia is.

But also, besides the religious cultural aspect, it's also ethnic and racial. Ethnic Russians are considered white (basically universally) and ethnic Georgians usually are as well. Whereas Turks are definitely not.
I haven't understood why the part of Turkey is supposed to not belong geographically to Europe when Europe goes much further to the East in the North
Though from the tectonic plates, Turkey is closer to Africa than to Eurasia

Yeah, my point is that the whole classification is purely ethnic/cultural. Russia is btw a country of multiple peoples
Feb 5, 2022 4:52 PM

Jun 2019
Noboru said:
I haven't understood why the part of Turkey is supposed to not belong geographically to Europe when Europe goes much further to the East in the North
Though from the tectonic plates, Turkey is closer to Africa than to Eurasia

Yeah, my point is that the whole classification is purely ethnic/cultural. Russia is btw a country of multiple peoples

I'm more a history otaku than a geography otaku, so while I find geography like a lot of subjects interesting, yeah, I don't know how arbitrary it is that the physical limits of the modern continents are defined the way that they are long after the dissolution of Pangaea (the supercontinent when they were all previously connected). Like anything else that's not a feature of the physical properties of the universe but just comes down to human classification systems (like the divisions of time, how language is used, etc.) it's just an interpretation even if it has an underlying physical basis, so I'm sure over time it could also be challenged or changed in terms of how other future countries or civilizations view it.

On Russia, yes, I know there are many different ethnic groups in Russia including people who neither look nor are considered white or European at all (nor are geographically, like the different groups in the Russian Far East and Siberia), but when I say "ethnic Russians" I'm just referring to the literal ethnic Russians which are what most, at least Western people, visualize when they picture Russians. I know there's a difference between Russian as an ethnicity versus Russian as a nationality/citizenship, which is multiethnic.
WatchTillTandavaFeb 5, 2022 4:55 PM
Mar 19, 2022 2:43 PM

Feb 2022
I saw this in Tiraspol, Pridnestrovia.

Go there. Weev went there too. So if a Nazi Hacker can go there and relax you can too!
Die like you did by the lake on Naboo.
Mar 19, 2022 4:40 PM

Mar 2008
Estonia seems like a pretty country and it's Eastern European and not a main tourist country exactly so probably doesnt cost much. Never been there though...

Also there is no "the vaccine" there are literally three different types of covid vaccines. The mRNA vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna etc), adenosene vector vaccines (Janssen, AstraZeneca etc), and a spike protein vaccine (Novavax). Unless she's allergic to the ingredients there isn't really a good reason not to pick one. The rare side effects are more common in actual covid than the vaccines.

LoliAnchorman said:
I saw this in Tiraspol, Pridnestrovia.

Go there. Weev went there too. So if a Nazi Hacker can go there and relax you can too!

I wish graffiti here looked that nice. Last time I saw some it was just some goofy doodle of some rats smoking cigarettes.
Jun 3, 6:38 AM
Dec 2022
I can help you on China and South Korea, 2 countries I lived in previously, but sorry, can't help you on Europe.
Jun 5, 5:45 PM

Oct 2017
Romania is relatively cheap and beautiful, a place I recommend visiting, plus some pretty women and very party-oriented people. It's worth visiting ''Dracula's'' castle (called Bran castle) but I would say that the forests and mountains in the area are worth more than the castle itself which I found kind uninspiring, no wonder Vlad was a psychopath.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Jun 5, 11:38 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Have you considered the Federal Republic of Gonzland?

More topics from this board

» You may not be able to have offspring with your alien partner.

Absurdo_N - 7 hours ago

13 by Soverign »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you think there is life in the Andromeda galaxy?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

4 by deg »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » What do mermaids eat?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

7 by deg »»
26 minutes ago

» Why do people abandon their friends for relationships?

Amityblight - Yesterday

42 by Serafos »»
34 minutes ago

» Life has its ups and downs, would you say you're at a low or at a high?

EmiliaHoarfrost - 10 hours ago

13 by RainyEvenings »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.