Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2021 5:58 AM

Jul 2017
The more we learn about Hiyakawa, the more mysterious he gets for the others to decipher his true nature.

The curses out of the Professor's house are getting more tenacious, and Sasaki may have gained Erika's powers by coincidence with an earlier episode that Erika helped "cancel" his death.

Mikado's conversation with his mom about the mysterious person only adds to the mystery, while the Professor and Hiyakawa are bound to the same curse in his house, with the latter feeding his vibes to the former.

It's going well actually with Mikado in charge to find the way, Sasaku to disarm the curses, and Hanzawa pouring water around the house like salt. But the Professor perfectly arming the house like a barrier with curses that have no end to it, Sasaki is one part of the plan to cut the many dead souls to the one true door leading to Hiyakawa's younger self, and Mikado confronting the Professor.

To have Mikado be the final link in this showdown, it only lies between him, Hiyakawa and the Professor...which turned out to be the former's surrogate father.

The mystery only gets good in the final stretch, and since this is where the manga translation ends, it'd be interesting to learn the finale now, being blind with the final volume left to go.
Dec 5, 2021 9:27 PM

Dec 2020
Why did this have to suck so bad just to get this good 😭
Dec 6, 2021 3:25 AM

Mar 2016
So many long chapters condensed into such a short episode! I think this episode covers more than a whole volume of content. I wish they let this breathe and be slow like the manga.

Hiyakawa is someone who does not communicate properly, and destroys things that causes him problems. Mukae is someone who communicates with people and spirits to solve their problems. So, it makes sense that they would have a scene together before Mikado can get there. But, the anime cut out most of their conversation.

They should have used CG for the psychic space-warp scene. 3D softwares have amazing cameras and effects that can look awesome. The 3d layers and motion tweens are not that impressive. They even motion tweened Mukae's fall, and tried to cover it up with a motion blur! lol

When the characters got separated in the managa, it made sense. Here, in the anime, it looks like Erika just stood there and did nothing.

I also have nice things to say. The anime is in Japanese, so I could understand some of the things that were very poorly translated in the manga.
Dec 6, 2021 7:09 AM

Apr 2021
Man, the pacing of the this show is killing me. I'm enjoying the show, but even without reading the manga its based on it obvious that they've warped it in order to fit it into a 12 episode run.

I was hoping that Mikado had his confrontation with his dad it would be a bit more dramatic. I guess this is just one of those shows that leave you wanting to check out the manga.

I not just his the end of the episode that had that lack of impact, it sorta feels like it the show is sitting in front of a check list of story beats and is rushing through ticking everything it can in a 23 min run time.

Can't felt the cast tho, giving more passion to the show than the writers.
Dec 6, 2021 2:09 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Pretty wild episode, a lot of stuff happened once again, but it was at a good pace and pretty easy to swallow (besides some of the logic with their weird ghost powers lol) but I’m really enjoying it, the reveal at the end where Mikado realizes Sensei is his dad was pretty good, we’ve known as the viewers for a long time now but he’s only just found out, cool stuff.

I am surprised to hear that this episode blew through a lot of content though, just when I think we have a good pacing it’s actually not lol, but I feel like it works for the most part. Of course a show like this would have been better with a slower pacing tho, as well as more episodes.
Dec 6, 2021 2:22 PM

Nov 2019
Nice build up to Mikado's father finally revealing himself, from Mikado to breaking the lines of curses to the group separating inside Sensei's house
Dec 7, 2021 6:42 PM

Jan 2010
So this episode adapted all of volume 9 of the manga(5 chapters), and even the start of vol. 10 with that final scene. So the last two episodes should adapt the rest of volume 10. Yet since volume 9 is the most recent volume in English, you won't know how much manga content the episodes will cut. Which is kind of a bummer.

Yet since I'm not a huge fan of the manga, I'm not even sure if I'll care enough to go read volume 10 once it gets released in English, which probably won't come out until next year.

I mean, the manga is good, but it's nothing stellar imo. Its a pretty decent supernatural/horror story.

Still don't understand why this was ever a BL..I read BL manga, but this can hardly be called a BL. Unless Mikado and Hiyakawa are gonna end up romantically involved by the time the anime ends. Not sure how to feel about that. I'm not really even rooting for them to be a couple, idk. I guess cos there's been absolutely zero romance or signs they love each other.

Hiyakawa is so mentally broken, his feelings for Mikado feel more like an obsession, rather than genuine love. and Mikado just comes off as feeling pity for Hiyakawa and wants to save him because he's a good person. Yet I wouldn't call that love either
Dec 7, 2021 10:11 PM

Jan 2020
Besides the animation being mediocre as fuck in this episode, the content was good. It felt super rushed, but we got a reveal and now know the motives of Mikado's dad. Hiyakawa really just needs love. He was abandoned once which made him lose his mind, and the fact that he got abandoned again by the person he probably considers the closest to him broke him even more.

The question is, why did the father destroy the memories of Mikado if he was planning on finding him and destroying him all along? Never mind, that kind of answers my question. Who's going to save who????? I hope we find out in the next episode. I really want to see Mikado save Hiyakawa and helps him recover from his trauma.

giveup-the-ghost said:

Still don't understand why this was ever a BL..I read BL manga, but this can hardly be called a BL. Unless Mikado and Hiyakawa are gonna end up romantically involved by the time the anime ends. Not sure how to feel about that. I'm not really even rooting for them to be a couple, idk. I guess cos there's been absolutely zero romance or signs they love each other.
I agree on this, but the BL component is very subtle. It really shouldn't turn people away from the show. The first couple of episode gave off strong BL vibes, but then it almost felt like they got rid of any hinting or suggestive scenes. In this episode though, I do feel like there's a connection. Again, this is hardly BL.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Dec 16, 2021 9:48 AM

Jan 2013
And thus the true Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation was born rotfl.
May 19, 9:59 AM
Mar 2021
Oh le suspense de mélite ils se croisent enfin

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 19, 2021

29 by xDestinyStarzx »»
Jul 2, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 3, 2021

83 by FrantrelYt »»
May 26, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 12, 2021

10 by JeanFranciss »»
May 26, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 28, 2021

16 by JeanFranciss »»
May 19, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 21, 2021

10 by JeanFranciss »»
May 19, 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.