Forum Settings
Forums
When a Cat Faces West
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2020 10:10 PM

Mar 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
very down to earth with beautiful insight to human issue. shame not as long life as previous works. 9/10.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 27, 2020 3:00 PM

Mar 2012
Alls well that ends well.
I think the synonym for Flow should be Manifested Regrets.

My favorite scene is Hirota talking to Chima in the park.
"But ya know, it sorta feels like there's no point in stuff like worrying about the future. Because things can suddenly change at any time. And the world I lived in for the past 12 years was the most extreme version of that. The number of paths can suddenly increase, houses can disappear or move to totally nonsensical places, so the people there accepted that things like that existed, so they lived their lives without thinking too much about the future or the past. I mean, things don't stay the same forever. They're always changing, but they generally didn't even think about that. Though I guess this place is the same way, huh?"

And thanks to that meeting, 35 year old Chima's life got a little bit more interesting.

I like how Hirota can just up and leave his life and leave the rest to his other self after settling down for 2 years. I guess he's really learned to go with the Flow!

I'll see myself out...
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Jan 2, 2021 11:22 AM

Jun 2017
Well that was great. I certainly didn't expect it to end so soon. But there is still potential for future adventures because Hirota went back to the flow world again. The setting for the plot was a bit plain but the stories themselves always had something to say.
Mar 27, 2021 6:51 PM

Oct 2014
This was a nice little series. A world where things can change so randomly like that over small emotional outbursts seems like it would be a lot more unstable tbh but as with Urushibara Yuki's other works it had a nice atmosphere and likeable characters so I definitely enjoyed it.

Hope Shima and Hiroto end up having more fun together in both worlds ~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neko ga Nishi Mukya Chapter 17 Discussion

xxxATiON - Oct 25, 2020

2 by Chrome_Falcon »»
Oct 28, 2020 6:51 AM

Poll: » Neko ga Nishi Mukya Chapter 15 Discussion

xxxATiON - Jun 27, 2020

1 by Chrome_Falcon »»
Oct 28, 2020 5:56 AM

Poll: » Neko ga Nishi Mukya Chapter 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

3 by Chrome_Falcon »»
Oct 28, 2020 1:15 AM

Poll: » Neko ga Nishi Mukya Chapter 16 Discussion

xxxATiON - Aug 25, 2020

1 by Kuma »»
Aug 26, 2020 12:51 AM

Poll: » Neko ga Nishi Mukya Chapter 14 Discussion

Kuma - Apr 26, 2020

1 by xxxATiON »»
Apr 27, 2020 12:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.