Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2020 11:22 AM

Oct 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Really liked this series. Loved the artwork, the battle scenes - especially Marcellus' fights - were epic. If some liberties were taken on filling in character traits from the historical record that is well within the purview of the mangaka. If you want spoilers they're in any history book.

9/10 overall. Enjoyed the manga, and learned some history.
Oct 28, 2020 2:07 PM
Sep 2014
I wish this chapter included Scipio meeting Hannibal in the court of Antiochus when Scipio asked Hannibal who the greatest generals of all time were. But still, its a fantastic end to the manga.
May 17, 2021 10:39 AM

Oct 2012
Yeah, I would agree that it's a great historical manga, pretty enlightening for those who didn't know most of those details before...

The made up elements are very minimal and minor(as far as known history goes at least)

The biggest downside is that it's a tad boring as well due to that if you actually are good at history, hence essentially spoiling you the story.

9/10 as well, a more entertaining way to learn about this period of time compared to history book while being essentially nearly as accurate.
Oct 25, 2021 8:37 PM
Mar 2021
Funniest death ever lol.
Pretty interesting how the heroes that fought for the sake of their homelands spend their last days isolated from them
Dreat123Oct 25, 2021 8:50 PM
Nov 11, 2022 8:53 PM

May 2020
What a depressing ending. Both of them dying in bitterness, angry at the homes they fought for.

I was genuinely surprised by how accurate this manga is to actual history. Obviously there are some creative liberties (there have to be, since there is no way of ever knowing what actually did happen) but for the most part, almost all of the things, especially the battles are about as accurate as it gets, which is what really elevates this manga. I also enjoyed the tactical breakdown of the battles. Very rarely do authors explain how big armies actually function in battle and it was a delight to see how it happens, even if it might not be fully realistic.

Overall, a solid manga, although one thing that did annoy me is how the passage of time is very poorly conveyed. The manga takes place over a period of 15 years but it definitely doesn't feel like it.
Jan 24, 2023 11:51 PM
Apr 2018
It is really interesting to see how war is not only about tactics and numbers, but you also have to take care of the feeling of you armies and deal with the annoying senate.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ad Astra: Scipio to Hannibal Chapter 36 Discussion

L01MK - Oct 11, 2023

0 by L01MK »»
Oct 11, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Ad Astra: Scipio to Hannibal Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

3 by L01MK »»
Sep 28, 2023 8:05 AM

Poll: » Ad Astra: Scipio to Hannibal Chapter 12 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

3 by L01MK »»
Sep 9, 2023 3:54 PM

Poll: » Ad Astra: Scipio to Hannibal Chapter 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

1 by L01MK »»
Jun 20, 2023 3:55 PM

» Anime adaptation

Avrin_Rose - May 3, 2022

1 by leuscius »»
May 3, 2022 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.