Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2020 7:58 PM

Mar 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cute story about being grateful for the little and big things you have in life.

<3
May 23, 2020 4:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cool story, Sattam definitely love salt xD
May 23, 2020 10:45 AM
Sep 2015
How is this related to malfunction robot pet? Anyway, Sattam is hot!
May 24, 2020 2:56 AM

Mar 2018
I Love How Sattam didn't hate his father when he leave him in desert
Jun 8, 2020 2:13 PM
Jun 2013
I had just watched this episode and I think when you do something in heat of the moment, something bound to happen.

When the third son told his father that he loves him like salt, the father/king got angry and banished his son with only a few items, which included salt.

The tale itself is loosely based on a tale about salt, but there is one difference, it was a princess instead of a prince and over time the princess is reunited with her father and serves all the meals without salt.

There are many folktales that talk about salt all over the world, which have similar motifs, in which salt plays a vital role.
Jun 21, 2020 4:58 AM

Jan 2015
Probably my most favorite episode? Really liked the story about the king who wanted to test his sons love for him who got angry at the youngest son for comparing him to some salt and banished him in the heat of the moment (to be fair it's kinda insulting to be compared to salt of all things), banishing is a bit too much but he revealed at the end that he asked the guards to search for him realizing it was a mistake banishing him...

Its crazy how the salt is the reason why he survived through the desert and why he helped the kingdom and it's people and became the new king who led the kingdom to its prosperity, it's all salt... (tbh, it's lucky that he found so much salt near him).
Then the last part was probably why i liked the episode so much, their reunion was so sweet, i thought king was a terrible person, but i can understand him why he was mad in the moment, he felt like he really realllllly regretted it and it took a toll on his health (he looks like a zombie).
And the son didn't hold any grudge, he was just happy being reunited with his father... No vengeance or ill intent, just a heartwarming moment, reallly liked that episode.

5/5
Jul 2, 2020 3:35 AM

Jul 2015
Kinda expected Sattam to be a bit SALTY about his dad banishing him but things turned out rather well

Aug 13, 2020 12:56 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The choice of the folkstale for every main story really unexpected. Its turned out rather difficult or i must be dumb to not understand the whole meaning. The first two episodes were the easy one. While this and some backward episodes seens so hard to understand the whole lesson they wanted me to believed. Whatever, the impact still loose. But i still enjoyed the dramatic feeling the burst, even the result was very predictable at every moment.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 17, 2020 7:01 PM
Dec 2020
He was trying to tell his father that "his life is meaningless without him"
Like "the food would be tasteless without salt" but no one understand him

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asatir: Mirai no Mukashi Banashi Episode 13 Discussion

Wallanimx - Jun 27, 2020

5 by badabass »»
Aug 13, 2020 5:27 AM

Poll: » Asatir: Mirai no Mukashi Banashi Episode 12 Discussion

Wallanimx - Jun 20, 2020

5 by badabass »»
Aug 13, 2020 4:47 AM

Poll: » Asatir: Mirai no Mukashi Banashi Episode 11 Discussion

Wallanimx - Jun 20, 2020

5 by badabass »»
Aug 13, 2020 2:43 AM

Poll: » Asatir: Mirai no Mukashi Banashi Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Jun 5, 2020

6 by badabass »»
Aug 13, 2020 1:59 AM

Poll: » Asatir: Mirai no Mukashi Banashi Episode 9 Discussion

Wallanimx - May 29, 2020

5 by badabass »»
Aug 13, 2020 1:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.