Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 25, 2017 5:10 AM
Jun 2015
I remember watching the first season 4 years ago and when the first 6 episodes aired the score was < 7 and then in the last episode jumped to 7.8 (less people watch it and those give 10 waw) . There is so much questions the show didn't answer to :
1- Why did the tengu master kidnap Benten??
2- Why doesn't Yasaburou hate Benten even if she ate his" father"???? (ok so i will eat your dad in a hot pot and you will love me forever yay)
3- What happened to the uncle after the last episode..??
4- C'mon stop giving 10 just because you like a character ..
and there is more .... (no flame plz)
PS:Watched 3 ep of S2 and i can say Nidaime is making the show more interesting but still we need answers from S1
MisanthropianApr 25, 2017 10:54 AM
Apr 25, 2017 5:19 AM

May 2010
So it appeals to niche audience and they gave it a 10 because they like it. What seems to be the problem?
I can't relate the characters with human standard of logic because they are not humans.
I have more problems with Rokudenashi scoring sky high than this.
Apr 25, 2017 5:34 AM
Jun 2015
petalshreds said:
So it appeals to niche audience and they gave it a 10 because they like it. What seems to be the problem?
I can't relate the characters with human standard of logic because they are not humans.
I have more problems with Rokudenashi scoring sky high than this.

Gave Rokudenashi a 5 until now so i know how you feel xd. What about human standards?? Even a tanuki should feel anger no?? So why the MC does not have even a bit of anger toward Benten ?? That doesn't make any sense....
Apr 25, 2017 5:46 AM

May 2010
Well sure. I don't remember the first season much (Have the same problem with Shingeki no Bahamut), so I'm just going to go by dim memory. I was thinking that the tengu and tanuki in this series is kind of predator and prey by nature. I'm not sure about the other brothers, since you were only talking about Yasaburo, does he really seem like the kind of character who will get angry over this? I think he was described as the weirdest one out of the four.
Apr 25, 2017 6:09 AM
Jun 2015
petalshreds said:
Well sure. I don't remember the first season much (Have the same problem with Shingeki no Bahamut), so I'm just going to go by dim memory. I was thinking that the tengu and tanuki in this series is kind of predator and prey by nature. I'm not sure about the other brothers, since you were only talking about Yasaburo, does he really seem like the kind of character who will get angry over this? I think he was described as the weirdest one out of the four.

They are all weird and Yasaburo is described as the "idiot" not the "the weirdest" , and making a MC not feeling anger is kinda lame : if it was the opposite the show could have had more than 8 in the score :/
MisanthropianApr 25, 2017 6:18 AM
Apr 25, 2017 6:28 AM

Jun 2015
I still haven't seen s2 yet but iirc, Tanuki have a different view of the world hence they bear no grudge against benten for eating their father. Iirc, I think they considered it as part of the natural order or something.
As for the uncle, he escaped, or was eaten, not really sure.

PS, they are intended to be all weird, its title is"eccentric family" after all. Heck going to episode 2 of season 1 already gave that vibe.
Apr 25, 2017 2:10 PM

Apr 2014
I suppose I'm a bit biased because this is one of my favorite shows, but frankly I don't think it's overrated at all. The first season has less than an 8.00 score. I doubt this season will rise above it either. To top it off, the show isn't even popular. As someone in this forum said earlier, it really appeales to a niche audience and that's about it.
HASSAN CHOP!
Apr 25, 2017 2:19 PM
Jun 2015
Ausrine said:
I suppose I'm a bit biased because this is one of my favorite shows, but frankly I don't think it's overrated at all. The first season has less than an 8.00 score. I doubt this season will rise above it either. To top it off, the show isn't even popular. As someone in this forum said earlier, it really appeales to a niche audience and that's about it.

ik, and when i say overrated that doesn't mean i hate the show or something like this: it's just that the show didn't answer so many things like why was Benten kidnapped and many more.... and when you see the stats of the first season you can see that more than 3000 dropped and some 30000 completed that means 10% of those, and if dropping = 0 then the show would have a less score if you know what i mean! I think the season 2 started good lets just wish it answers the 1st season probs.. :D
Apr 25, 2017 2:19 PM
Oct 2012
Misanthropian said:
Why did the tengu master kidnap Benten??

Because he found her hot? And that is what Tengu do? Plus he had no one to keep him company?

Misanthropian said:
Why doesn't Yasaburou hate Benten even if she ate his" father"???? (ok so i will eat your dad in a hot pot and you will love me forever yay)

Well, Ysaburou was in love with Benten long before the father eating, and the Tanuki are fatalistic about such things. Tengu and Humans eat Tanuki, it's up to the Tanuki to trick the humans and Tengu to keep from being eaten. A Tanuki who gets caught gets what he deserves.

Misanthropian said:
What happened to the uncle after the last episode..??

As the last episode said, he went on an extended trip with no time suggested for his return. Basically he is in exile.

Misanthropian said:
C'mon stop giving 10 just because you like a character ..

If I were to give it a ten it would be because of it being quirky, I love how it depicts Kyoto, and it sticks in one's memory. But I would probably give it a 8.5 for it. It needs a better ending to warrant more.

Also the novelist is the same one who did Tatami Galaxy, so he has a small, but passionate group of admirers.
Apr 25, 2017 2:28 PM
Jun 2015
Takuan_Soho said:

Because he found her hot? And that is what Tengu do? Plus he had no one to keep him company?

She was 6 xd !! :D . And that's not what tengu do . Their role? they have none xd exept the ones of the mountain who protect it idk for the others.He didn't need a 6 yo to keep him company xd
Apr 25, 2017 2:38 PM
Oct 2012
Misanthropian said:
She was 6 xd !! :D . And that's not what tengu do . Their role? they have none xd exept the ones of the mountain who protect it idk for the others.He didn't need a 6 yo to keep him company xd

Well, I have a feeling we are going to find out more about that. The end shots make it seem that a good deal from here on out is about Benten.

And don't forget that Tengu consider themselves far ABOVE humans. So even if he did it on a whim, that would be good enough for him. Do you care when you take a puppy away from its mother?
Apr 25, 2017 3:35 PM
Jun 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
Misanthropian said:

Well, I have a feeling we are going to find out more about that. The end shots make it seem that a good deal from here on out is about Benten.

And don't forget that Tengu consider themselves far ABOVE humans. So even if he did it on a whim, that would be good enough for him. Do you care when you take a puppy away from its mother?

lol i hate dogs so no idc xd. A tanuki would be better :D. I think next episodes will reveal more about benten vs nidaime
Apr 26, 2017 10:51 AM

Jun 2015
Misanthropian said:
I remember watching the first season 4 years ago and when the first 6 episodes aired the score was < 7 and then in the last episode jumped to 7.8 (less people watch it and those give 10 waw) . There is so much questions the show didn't answer to :
2- Why doesn't Yasaburou hate Benten even if she ate his" father"???? (ok so i will eat your dad in a hot pot and you will love me forever yay)
PS:Watched 3 ep of S2 and i can say Nidaime is making the show more interesting but still we need answers from S1
1- Tengu are meant to be half-gods in Japanese culture, and somewhat evil on top of that (not as clearly as demons, but almost). So one of them kidnapping a human because he liked her sounds reasonable for what he is.
2- That moral ambiguity is largely explained in the first season. Odds are a tanuki might end being eaten, so holding a grudge over that is something he simply doesn't do.
3- He's gone, exiled most likely.
4- Actually in my case it's hard to like one character in particular (besides Yasaburou himself because his quest for fun is actually what I mostly get from this anime)? Its main appeal is the very same universe and the unexpected new characters and interactions it brings.
Apr 26, 2017 11:55 AM
Jun 2015
Lordwen said:
Misanthropian said:
1- Tengu are meant to be half-gods in Japanese culture, and somewhat evil on top of that (not as clearly as demons, but almost). So one of them kidnapping a human because he liked her sounds reasonable for what he is.
2- That moral ambiguity is largely explained in the first season. Odds are a tanuki might end being eaten, so holding a grudge over that is something he simply doesn't do.
4- Actually in my case it's hard to like one character in particular (besides Yasaburou himself because his quest for fun is actually what I mostly get from this anime)? Its main appeal is the very same universe and the unexpected new characters and interactions it brings.

it's what Takuan_Soho said . thanks anyway :D
Apr 26, 2017 12:04 PM

Jun 2015
Misanthropian said:
Lordwen said:

it's what Takuan_Soho said . thanks anyway :D
True. Well, double check considering I overlooked his response.
Apr 26, 2017 12:07 PM

Dec 2014
I think I gave it a try years ago but didn't like it. Might give it another chance at some point, heard good things about it so far. If it's overrated or not I don't know yet.
Apr 26, 2017 12:50 PM
Jun 2015
Anathor said:
I think I gave it a try years ago but didn't like it. Might give it another chance at some point, heard good things about it so far. If it's overrated or not I don't know yet.

same, i watched it when it aired and didn't like it .But the second season is a little more interesting so give it a try :D
Apr 26, 2017 1:27 PM

Dec 2014
Misanthropian said:
Anathor said:

same, i watched it when it aired and didn't like it .But the second season is a little more interesting so give it a try :D

Will do ;) I'll probably re-watch it from 0
Apr 28, 2017 6:42 AM
Apr 2017
the show is a little overrated but not that much .. The first season wasn't bad give it a 7/10 the second is better
Apr 28, 2017 6:55 AM

Aug 2010
I'd say it's underrated by MAL's rating standard. Between 7 and 8 means it's just about watchable here.
Apr 29, 2017 8:35 AM
Apr 2017
Just finished season 1 and 3 eps of season 2 and can say yeah it's a too much overrated . So many plot holes and i thought the season 2 will solve it but still no ! Liked the 3rd ep . I gonna give it a chance maybe next episodes will give answers

Apr 30, 2017 8:54 AM

Dec 2012
Helenaya said:
i thought the season 2 will solve it but still no ! Liked the 3rd ep . I gonna give it a chance maybe next episodes will give answers

This is trilogy. You must wait for season 3
Apr 30, 2017 9:03 AM

Sep 2015
This is a bit insulting. Mal members don't give a certain anime high rate base on the character they like. Everyone has their own preference & likes, what you don't like doesn't mean others hold the same opinion. You don't understand the plot, doesn't mean we are the same as you.

Whether this is overrated or not, its still good enough to have 7/10 and above.
valvravetruthApr 30, 2017 12:19 PM
Apr 30, 2017 9:42 AM

Sep 2015
Misanthropian said:

Question 1: there are 2 version of answers, but I can only give you normal view answer because the second answer is spoiler of why Akadama kidnapped Benten. Just like one of the member above said, Tengu is a different existance than human. Just like other myth from different culture(not just Japan), if they fancy you then they will kidnap you and take care of you like your own parents.

Question 2 is a bit tricky. Firstly The "view" in Uchouten universe is different from our real world value. Their world consists of Tengu, tanuki and humans.(well there are other entity but we will only focus on the three written above) Tengu, Tanuki and human stand side by side. Human eats Tanuki, Tanuki tease Tengu, Tengu scare/triumph the human. But weirldly in order to balance out each other, there must be human eating the Tanuki, thats why the Friday Club(season 1) exist. Don't ask why, its normal in that universe. Tanuki of course is afraid to be eaten, but there is nothing they can do and accept it as normal.

Now here comes the main point, Benten and Yasaburo. Just so you know only Yasaburo is a special case and he doesn't really feel contempt against Benten. In season 1 Yasabura's father is foolish/stupid(whatever you call), he doesn't really mind being eaten. Even worst, he even told the professor to make(cook) him more tastier(looked delicious). Now back to Yasaburo, in the 3 siblings Yasaburo is just like his father, has his foolish gene. Well you don't need me to explain as you know how Yasaburo's personality has been like in anime. Benten has warned him countless time she is his father's killer, but Yasaburo does't care and still go near to Benten again & again(every Tanuki scare of Benten), even Benten doesn't know what he is thinking and took interest on him at the end. Yasaburo is just foolish
valvravetruthMay 1, 2017 3:53 AM
Apr 30, 2017 11:44 AM
Jun 2015
valvravetruth said:
This is a bit insulting. Mal members don't give a certain anime high rate base on the character they like. Everyone has their own preference & likes, what you don't like doesn't mean others hold the same opinion. You don't understand about the plot, doesn't mean we are the same as you.

Whether this is overrated or not, its still good enough to have 7/10 and above.

euuuh watched more than 1000 animes and i can tell you if dropped = 0 then this anime won't have a 7.5 ... and i can tell you that i wrote the name of the topic as a question like that people with opposite opinions respond ... For the plot, rly do you ask if i understand the plot??? i answer to you with a question xd : Do you understand the plot?? (how do you feel now and answer me don't say don't copy my questions blablabla)
Apr 30, 2017 12:12 PM
Apr 2017
valvravetruth said:
This is a bit insulting. Mal members don't give a certain anime high rate base on the character they like. Everyone has their own preference & likes, what you don't like doesn't mean others hold the same opinion. You don't understand about the plot, doesn't mean we are the same as you.

Ok that was insulting lul . How can he not understand the plot ??? even i who started watching anime 4 months ago (i'm 15 yo) can understand it ....
Apr 30, 2017 12:14 PM
Apr 2017
Rorek said:
Helenaya said:
i thought the season 2 will solve it but still no ! Liked the 3rd ep . I gonna give it a chance maybe next episodes will give answers

ok ty for the information
Apr 30, 2017 12:19 PM

Sep 2015
I literally have no idea what you are saying, what you reply back doesn't even reflect what I write at all. Either you half-heartedly read my comment or english is not good.

Misanthropian said:
and i can tell you that i wrote the name of the topic as a question like that people with opposite opinions respond ... For the plot, rly do you ask if i understand the plot??? i answer to you with a question xd : Do you understand the plot?? (how do you feel now and answer me don't say don't copy my questions blablabla)

Firstly Just like you wrote this thread and asked question, you have stated you don't understand some plot. I nvr ask whether you understand the plot or not. If you really read my comment what I meant was, just because you don't understand some plot you try to blame other members overrated it base on character they like. To be fair, I did try to answer 2 of your question above.

Misanthropian said:
euuuh watched more than 1000 animes and i can tell you if dropped = 0 then this anime won't have a 7.5

No idea what you are saying.
valvravetruthApr 30, 2017 12:22 PM
Apr 30, 2017 12:24 PM
Jun 2015
valvravetruth said:
I literally have no idea what you are saying, what you reply back doesn't even reflect what I write at all. Either you half-heartedly read my comment or english is not good.

Misanthropian said:
and i can tell you that i wrote the name of the topic as a question like that people with opposite opinions respond ... For the plot, rly do you ask if i understand the plot??? i answer to you with a question xd : Do you understand the plot?? (how do you feel now and answer me don't say don't copy my questions blablabla)

Firstly Just like you wrote this thread and asked question, you have stated you don't understand some plot. I nvr ask whether you understand the plot or not. If you really read my comment what I meant was, just because you don't understand some plot you try to blame other members overrated it base on character. To be fair, I did try to answer 2 of your question above.

Misanthropian said:
euuuh watched more than 1000 animes and i can tell you if dropped = 0 then this anime won't have a 7.5

No idea what you are saying.

You just keep repeating the same things waw you re either autist or just don't understand english ..... Stop quoting me if you will keep being useless
Apr 30, 2017 12:26 PM

Sep 2015
Helenaya said:
Rorek said:

ok ty for the information

There is no need for season 3 I think. The current season 2 will solve most of them, including why Akadama-sensei kidnapped Benten and the relationship between Nidaime.
May 22, 2017 5:38 AM

Nov 2013
Misanthropian said:

Do you still think it's overrated after this week's episode? 😁
May 22, 2017 5:04 PM

Jun 2015
Misanthropian said:

1. Because Tengu (Daitengu) often abduct a human. either to torment or to teach. I suggest you to googling about this. Uchouten kazoku is an anime filled with japanese folklore character afterall. it's like point out "why vampire drink human blood".

2. His father said, "among three of them, yasaburo is the most resemble me". I always wonder, which part. Maybe his kindness and forgiveness. Even if he make a revenge, he tricks someone not hurt or threatening their life. Especially in latest episode. As for me, this is interesting. I've watched a lot of anime with "revenge" theme. Angsty, stubborn main character with darker mood is a must.

But uchouten filled with light mood, dark theme, and the main character is an animal, who knows that "being eaten by a human" is a fate too. on top of that a fool who forgives and kind but smart at the same time. well the fine line between genius and idiot. But he is still a lovable character and unconsciosly, I take Yasaburou's side. Feeling angry and angsty when Yasaburou still talk politely to someone who ate his father.

3. Umm... if you watch the latest episode. you already know ;)
4. Uh... it's up to me. I'm a blunt person so I apologize before. But I must remind you that you are not the standard. your way to give score is not the standard. If I see the anime that doesn't worth the score in MAL, I keep it to myself. I might be a blunt person, but I don't want to hurt people's feeling.

Last but not least, OMG I'm waiting for the next episode~ kaisei's secreeett
ArekiaMay 22, 2017 5:07 PM
May 22, 2017 5:38 PM

Nov 2013
Arekia said:
Misanthropian said:

1. Because Tengu (Daitengu) often abduct a human. either to torment or to teach. I suggest you to googling about this. Uchouten kazoku is an anime filled with japanese folklore character afterall. it's like point out "why vampire drink human blood".

2. His father said, "among three of them, yasaburo is the most resemble me". I always wonder, which part. Maybe his kindness and forgiveness. Even if he make a revenge, he tricks someone not hurt or threatening their life. Especially in latest episode. As for me, this is interesting. I've watched a lot of anime with "revenge" theme. Angsty, stubborn main character with darker mood is a must.

But uchouten filled with light mood, dark theme, and the main character is an animal, who knows that "being eaten by a human" is a fate too. on top of that a fool who forgives and kind but smart at the same time. well the fine line between genius and idiot. But he is still a lovable character and unconsciosly, I take Yasaburou's side. Feeling angry and angsty when Yasaburou still talk politely to someone who ate his father.

4. Uh... it's up to me. I'm a blunt person so I apologize before. But I must remind you that you are not the standard. your way to give score is not the standard. If I see the anime that doesn't worth the score in MAL, I keep it to myself. I might be a blunt person, but I don't want to hurt people's feeling.

Just to torment or teach?

Do you think Akadama slept with Benten?
May 23, 2017 3:12 AM

Jun 2015
tropicaldaruma said:
Arekia said:

sometimes to torment or sometimes to teach magic (actually, a lot of sources mention that Tengu likes to kidnap. Only this source mention about teaching magic plus they describe tengu in pop culture, aaaand "the eccentric family" mentioned in this web https://www.tofugu.com/japan/tengu/)

Hahaha
as a fans, we always imagine more than the anime provide. Tbh, I never think about that so... I don't know. but one thing for sure, he didn't hesitate to touch her. Benten must be disgusted :P
how about you? what makes you think Akadama (might be) sleep with her?
May 23, 2017 5:26 AM

Nov 2013
Arekia said:
tropicaldaruma said:

sometimes to torment or sometimes to teach magic (actually, a lot of sources mention that Tengu likes to kidnap. Only this source mention about teaching magic plus they describe tengu in pop culture, aaaand "the eccentric family" mentioned in this web https://www.tofugu.com/japan/tengu/)

Hahaha
as a fans, we always imagine more than the anime provide. Tbh, I never think about that so... I don't know. but one thing for sure, he didn't hesitate to touch her. Benten must be disgusted :P

Oh I'm sure it was all business when it happened. Like :
"Ojiisan, if you were to teach me Tengu flight, maybe I can let you touch my thigh."
"No, no, I said thigh, just thigh. If you want more, I might like your flying teapot as well."
"More? The fan."
tropicaldarumaMay 23, 2017 5:48 AM
May 23, 2017 5:34 AM

Oct 2014
Why does this title end with a question? Even though it's just a statement?
May 23, 2017 7:38 AM

Jun 2015
tropicaldaruma said:
Arekia said:

Hahaha

Oh I'm sure it was all business when it happened. Like :
"Ojiisan, if you were to teach me Tengu flight, maybe I can let you touch my thigh."
"No, no, I said thigh, just thigh. If you want more, I might like your flying teapot as well."
"More? The fan."

hahaha yooou, how could you. Benten is one of your favourite character. how could you think something like this hahahaha
May 28, 2017 12:31 PM

Jul 2011
I don't think that it is overrated.

Currently is has 7.93

So far I have watched 3 episodes and seems quite good.

Prequel has almost the same 7.96 score (I have given 7/10).

The show is not for everyone, so relatively small number of people will watch and enjoy it, thus providing high scores.

According to stats these are the number of people Watching/Completed/On-Hold/Dropped/Plan to Watch:
Prequel - Total: 80,712
Sequel - Total: 18,728

In comparison:
Original Hunter x Hunter: Total: 184,158
One Piece: Total: 567,013
Original Naruto: Total: 768,779

So, no wonder :)
May 28, 2017 12:50 PM

Aug 2010
Everything will unfold in due time, don't worry. This is a NOVEL adaptation, not an LN or a manga, so the whole structure of the story is different. There are foreshadowings from the first season to the second and etc.
As for overrated, only the animation and the style deserves a score over 8 in my opinion, not to talk about the story and the colorful and interesting characters.
May 28, 2017 1:49 PM

Dec 2013
Well, as far as my viewpoint goes, it's not overrated. It's just sipmly a good character driven story. If you have watched only a few episodes of it i can understand your viewpoint to an extent. I thought the same when started it. It's kinda tough to see where the show goes before you hit the middle of the first season, but after that in only gets better by the episode.

And as far as the second season goes so far, this is no longer an issue since this season has started strong and doesn't have this learning curve that the first had, since the first one finished by having made it pretty clear as to how most things work in the sociaty of this story and the second one only just keeps only building new stories upon whatever the first one has setup already.
May 28, 2017 6:57 PM

Jun 2012
Tbh to me the series is far, FAR from being overrated.
The character design might not be like the "top-notch" ones we're used to see nowadays (and that's probably what's throwing-off must people to even start it to begin with) but personally I feel like it's what it gives its charm.

The story is funny, sad, entertaining, unique and it just puts a smile on my face each time a new episode is out. (When the first episode was released I was so so SO happy! I was so glad Uchouten Kazoku still had the same vibe as the first season, even if it's been years since the first season, the second season started so well I didn't even felt like there was a gap between seasons -unlike with SNK-)

imo it's really well written, and albeit it's mostly a fantasy (realistic?) universe with its own rules, you can understand some points by just having some slight knowledge about japanese mythology.

I've seen loads of shows, and very few were that good (and the animation...!! the sakuga in importan scenes is so freaking good<3 <----I'm really picky when it comes to animation, hence why I also mentions this part because I think it's really important)

- I only draw freestyle! -
May 28, 2017 8:33 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
NemuriNezumi said:
Tbh to me the series is far, FAR from being overrated.
The character design might not be like the "top-notch" ones we're used to see nowadays (and that's probably what's throwing-off must people to even start it to begin with) but personally I feel like it's what it gives its charm.

The story is funny, sad, entertaining, unique and it just puts a smile on my face each time a new episode is out. (When the first episode was released I was so so SO happy! I was so glad Uchouten Kazoku still had the same vibe as the first season, even if it's been years since the first season, the second season started so well I didn't even felt like there was a gap between seasons -unlike with SNK-)

imo it's really well written, and albeit it's mostly a fantasy (realistic?) universe with its own rules, you can understand some points by just having some slight knowledge about japanese mythology.

I've seen loads of shows, and very few were that good (and the animation...!! the sakuga in importan scenes is so freaking good<3 <----I'm really picky when it comes to animation, hence why I also mentions this part because I think it's really important)

This is pretty much how I feel about the series as a whole as well so far. I hadn't even heard of this series until I looked through the list of what was coming out this season, so I thought I'd watch the first season. I think I gave it a 9 anyway. It is exceptionally well written, with great animation style, lots of heart, charm, whimsy, and enjoyable characters. I find myself getting lost in the setting every episode, and that's a rare thing.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Jan 21, 2018 9:33 PM

Oct 2017
Over-rated my ass.

Great and lively characters.

Great and interesting visual

Good animation.

Good world building

Good essentric

Great story telling.

It's a breath of freshair in the modern generic show/ art/ style of mediocrity of a huge bunch of anime.
Sep 20, 2022 7:57 AM
Dec 2020
Simple answer:

This show is not for you, dude.

For me personally, there's 2 type of anime:
1. Pure over-rated (bad in lot of aspect yet they still get high rating. For me: shield hero, bungo stray dogs, re zero)
2. Pseudo over-rated (its over-rated but somehow i understand why people can give it 10)

Uchuoten kazoku is number 2. And if i think that this kind of anime is over rated, then my conclusion is "this is not for me".
Sep 20, 2022 8:11 AM

Feb 2020
It's not overrated. It's deserves a much higher rating.

As for the question they are either already answered (like the 2nd or 3rd question) or mystery for book 3 (like 1st question). Since there is obviously something we don't know about benten past yet.

I gave it a 9 because some mysteries remain. I am hoping whenever author writes the last book of the trilogy, it gets adapted into anime. So i can watch it and increase the score to 10. I genuinely like it more that tatami galaxy in terms of worldbuilding and lores. But it feels a bit incomplete as of now.
AdampkSep 20, 2022 8:22 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Mar 10, 8:32 AM
Mar 2020
as of today i think the right word you're looking for is underrated because this show is a solid 8-9 material

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

49 by Karva1 »»
May 12, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2017

66 by Karva1 »»
May 12, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

113 by Atavistic »»
Jan 23, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2017

51 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 5, 2023 7:44 PM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2017

46 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 5, 2023 7:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.