Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2010 7:40 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, looks like I was right about Cobra and Geronimo being the only survivors. I just didn't figure out the reason for Cobra's stupid non-spaceship trip, saving Lady.

Things that don't make sense: Lady being on that plane (she has a spaceship, yes/no?), Cobra, Geronimo and Lady have no way of returning to shore, and they just left the gold? At current prices, 20 tons are worth about $700.000.000...

I'm done trying to make sense of things, from now on I'll just watch it for the awesome, as suggested earlier.
Feb 16, 2010 7:26 AM
Nov 2008
It think the point is that there's no way to carry gold out of the montain because to begin with it's heavy as hell.
Davros95Feb 16, 2010 7:29 AM
Feb 16, 2010 8:16 AM
Dec 2009
kuroshiroi said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, looks like I was right about Cobra and Geronimo being the only survivors. I just didn't figure out the reason for Cobra's stupid non-spaceship trip, saving Lady.

Things that don't make sense: Lady being on that plane (she has a spaceship, yes/no?), Cobra, Geronimo and Lady have no way of returning to shore, and they just left the gold? At current prices, 20 tons are worth about $700.000.000...

I'm done trying to make sense of things, from now on I'll just watch it for the awesome, as suggested earlier.

My "interpretation", futile as it may seem, is this:

Lady was on the plane because Cobra was actually planning on stealing the gold himself. Just not by killing a planeful of people.
Unfortunately evil priest mucked things up and Lady was stranded on that damn mountain.

For some reason Cobra couldn't pilot the ship (maybe Lady had it parked around a moon or something and Cobra can't operate it by remote), so he goes to get Lady the old fashioned way.

The reason he doesn't care about the gold is because Lady is in trouble: That's his first priority. Although he also knew the gold was there for sure too :).
Once Lady is all better he'll come down and pick it up later, being pretty confident the gold isn't going anywhere.

Well, that's what I think happened.
Feb 16, 2010 8:40 AM

Feb 2008
@Quarkboy: Nice analysis. I don't buy the reason for Lady being on that plane, if anything Cobra should've been on there and not her, maybe even the two of them, but everything else kind of makes sense. However, if Cobra can't pilot the ship, Lady should definitely not have been on the plane. It's a plot hole for the sake of having a story, which is fine and dandy by me.
Jan 19, 2017 11:35 AM

Feb 2013
Lady was on that plane, I wasn't expecting that.
That priest was a bad cyborg, he was the one who put the bomb on that plane.
Geronimo was cool, he came to prove that his father didn't run away, I initially thought that he was climbing to bury the people from the plane.
Aug 24, 2021 12:44 PM

Aug 2017
Lame antagonist but I didn't expect Lady to be there. And Geronimo's reason is kinda cool too.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cobra the Animation: Rokunin no Yuushi Episode 5 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Feb 2, 2010

8 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 14, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Cobra the Animation: Rokunin no Yuushi Episode 13 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 27, 2010

10 by Nurguburu »»
Aug 28, 2021 9:36 PM

Poll: » Cobra the Animation: Rokunin no Yuushi Episode 10 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 7, 2010

5 by Nurguburu »»
Aug 28, 2021 1:02 PM

Poll: » Cobra the Animation: Rokunin no Yuushi Episode 9 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Feb 27, 2010

6 by Nurguburu »»
Aug 26, 2021 2:28 PM

Poll: » Cobra the Animation: Rokunin no Yuushi Episode 1 Discussion

kashim - Jan 2, 2010

39 by Nurguburu »»
Aug 17, 2021 5:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.