Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2007 2:40 AM

Oct 2006
This was a fairly good series overall, I thought, but this last episode was horrid... especially the animation quality. I was really surprised - it was pretty well drawn most of the way through but it seems like they completely shifted gears for the last one. Maybe they ran out of money? I don't think this bodes well for the next arc.
May 17, 2007 7:12 AM
Mar 2007
Krelian said:
This was a fairly good series overall, I thought, but this last episode was horrid... especially the animation quality. I was really surprised - it was pretty well drawn most of the way through but it seems like they completely shifted gears for the last one. Maybe they ran out of money? I don't think this bodes well for the next arc.

Agree, the animation for this episode were crap. Also got the feeling that it could've been better than it was.
May 17, 2007 8:15 AM

Mar 2007
great episode. i liked how it wrapped everything up before the new season.

plus we got to see more cute moments: "Hii-Chan" aww.
May 17, 2007 9:31 AM

Jan 2007
it was an ok episode. The animation certainly didnt make it any better.
May 17, 2007 10:13 AM

Jan 2007
I wonder what the story is behind the lapse in quality - that's just ridiculous. It looks like someone else handled the whole production.

An OK episode, but it felt largely unnecessary. It seemed like the whole thing was just building up to the end where someone says, "it's not over, we're going to keep fighting." Could have been done in 13 episodes, with that line and a couple other tiny things squeezed in elsewhere.
May 17, 2007 2:51 PM

Oct 2006
what a crappy episode.
I will rock your world ;-)

May 17, 2007 2:58 PM

Oct 2006
It definitely could have been condensed to 13 without any real loss, but I wouldn't have minded it if it weren't for the awful animation. Kinda ironic considering the entire episode exists to get people to watch the next season. "To inspire you to keep watching, we're going to turn this show to crap!"
May 17, 2007 7:09 PM

Jan 2007
lol Seriously. What were they thinking?!
May 23, 2007 2:29 AM

Apr 2007
The animation changed for the worse compared to previous eps, but still the ep itself was ok as a prelude to the next season.
May 24, 2007 1:48 AM

Apr 2007
Oh suddenly they add in a resolve? Really.. that was a terrible ending! >.>

Also, the animation was crap for this episode. It looked liked it was "hard lighted" as opposed to the other 13 episodes. The colors were all off. I dont know if that was the studio's problem or the subbers but it was terrible. The quality died after episode 13.
This is also the only series i know that ends at 14. ??????????????????
>.> this episode ruined the series for me X_X;

Juuni Kokuki
"Romeo and Juliet was originally supposed to be a horror starring Tybalt"
May 24, 2007 2:32 AM

Feb 2007
Gotto agree that was a truly terrible episode. It wasn't even the animation that bugged me, just the whole lack of everything let the entire series down. Nothing is really explained still and there doesn't really seem to be a solid platform that the series builds on. They have good and evil but we don't really know who the evil is because they just killed the evil guy but apparently he was possessed by something more evil. Also we hardly know the good guys either, I was waiting for the last episode to maybe give some more characterization. Sure it's confirmed that Hiyuu is extremely cute and Aoi is a drama queen but apart from that I know nothing of the rest of the characters.

It's a shame to say that up to episode 13 I only like the series on it's aesthetic quality, nothing else (except maybe Hiyuu cuteness).
Anti Loli Association Sick of Lolis? Come join the ALA!
May 24, 2007 11:46 AM

Apr 2007
Oh yea the character development of this series is weak x__X its nice action but no explaining. The only explaination i saw was when the old guy was explaining the budivasiva's eye ( sp?)
I think that if they spread it out to 26 episodes originally then it might be a better series.. especially if they got the character dev in and had more suspense going. O_O

Juuni Kokuki
"Romeo and Juliet was originally supposed to be a horror starring Tybalt"
Dec 8, 2008 11:01 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah I think it would've fit better if they ended on episode 13? The animation of the last episode was really bad ><, wonder what happened, oh well hopefully the next arc will fix that up ^^
Feb 19, 2009 1:20 PM
Feb 2008
Basically a big commercial for season 2
Aug 25, 2009 5:49 PM

Oct 2007
The series = 5/10
Aug 29, 2009 3:29 AM
Feb 2009
i L0L'ed at the quality, well the season was peatty good i guess, but they seem to left out many thing unexplained. :(
Mar 23, 2010 10:07 AM

Feb 2008
Just a Great cliffhangers episode for the following season..

Show already ended in eps 13
Mar 23, 2010 1:06 PM

Dec 2009
I saw the anime on DVD, so I didn't get this episode with the "hard light" that everyone is talking about (that was a fault of the fansub's video transition, from what I've read). I didn't see anything wrong with the rest of the artwork, either, so nothing was ruined for me visually.

I think this episode did what it was supposed to do: bring closure to the Kodzunu storyline of season one, and offer cliffhangers for season two. I think it did just that, as well as added closure for Kisaragi's personal struggle - although I would have liked to seen this dealt with more. And I was sad for Tendou!

Personally, I loved Tokyo Majin overall. I would have liked to see the characters' plots fleshed out more, and I really didn't want Tendou to go - there was a lot more they could have done with his character, especially in regards to his vendetta against Tatsuma. I was hoping for some animation on the Bakumatsu time period, and have more episodes featuring flashbacks of Tenkai Kodzunu and Tatsuto Hiyuu. That was fascinating to me!

hisuikirei said:
Oh yea the character development of this series is weak x__X its nice action but no explaining. The only explaination i saw was when the old guy was explaining the budivasiva's eye ( sp?)
I think that if they spread it out to 26 episodes originally then it might be a better series.. especially if they got the character dev in and had more suspense going. O_O

Bosatsu-gan (Bodhisattva Eye) ^_~

I think there is some suspense in no explaining, and the thought of not knowing. I believe there can be a thing as TOO much detail, and that can kill a lot of the interesting, appealing qualities to a character. But I didn't think there was THAT much missing from the character developments here; I think they were just shown and discarded too quickly. *shrugs*
Aug 22, 2010 12:43 AM

May 2008
Depressive. This episode made me realise I dislike retard girls like Misato Aoi VERY deeply. I swear that her existence made me give the whole series a lower rate, especially in this episode where she's even more annoying than ever.
90% of Anime is shit, but then, 90% of everything is shit.
Jul 6, 2012 4:02 PM

Dec 2009
Not bad series. A bit lacking originality in the plot, but still not bad. I`ve seen worse. I wonder why it has so undeservedly low rank here...
Mar 28, 2015 1:33 PM

Dec 2008
Ugh. Wasn't a fan of the series. The characters were less than averagely entertaining, 90% of the dialogue was cheesy, that what's his name delinquent was annoying as all hell. Only borderline good character was the teach, which is saying something since she barely had any scenes.
Apr 10, 2016 9:01 AM

Feb 2013
Tendo had a pitiful death, too bad for him.
Jun 4, 2022 3:44 PM

Aug 2018
sarroush said:
Ugh. Wasn't a fan of the series. The characters were less than averagely entertaining, 90% of the dialogue was cheesy, that what's his name delinquent was annoying as all hell. Only borderline good character was the teach, which is saying something since she barely had any scenes.
All that and you give "Aa! Megami-sama!" a 9 LOL not a good look
Sep 23, 2023 1:18 AM

May 2020
People complaining about the animation like it hasn't been like this for most of the series.

Meh ending but I guess I have to watch the sequel now. At any rate, this was pretty boring. The fights were bad, the characters are boring and the plot is lame. If I wasn't such a NEET, I wouldn't even bother with this show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou Episode 8 Discussion

EShirou - Mar 24, 2011

5 by Mikii_senpai »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou Episode 13 Discussion

EShirou - Mar 26, 2011

4 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:52 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou Episode 12 Discussion

EShirou - Mar 26, 2011

2 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:35 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou Episode 11 Discussion

EShirou - Mar 26, 2011

2 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 23, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou Episode 10 Discussion

EShirou - Mar 26, 2011

3 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 22, 2023 9:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.