Forum Settings
Forums
Battle Angel Alita Mars Chronicle
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2015 5:59 PM

Mar 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally, after this long time it is finally translated. It's back to the current time line in last order and it seems there is a little time skip too. Alita's new body is looking stylish and seeing Erica is cool. I wonder what Erica did that made Alita say she wants to kill her.
sullynathanJun 7, 2015 6:53 PM
Jan 17, 2017 10:53 AM

Dec 2015
I understood nothing. Way too much time has passed since Last Order bored me to no tomorrow.
Looks like I have to go through LastOrder again, fully, including the fights, fights, fights... -_-

?/5

@Neostorm-X I bought the new edition of Last Order since then (parallel release with this series) and it helped, as I wrote here. (And the geography explanations in some books plus the chapters inthe last tomes were actually interesting.)

And no, EVA is crying, fight, crying, fight, crying, fight, etc, wich makes the redundancy less flagrant. Depth? There's no depth in those fictions. ^^"  It's only fanatics trying to make their thing look more important than it is.
" the creator debunked everything deep about it and said its just made cuz we thought it was cool' : that was about names and symbols, like those borrowed from the Bible and other myths. Wich was indeed cool (and exotic in Japan), just like the german and pseudo-science here.
Rei_IIIJun 20, 2023 11:15 PM
Feb 3, 2017 9:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
After Last Oder wasn't Alita one step away from being a god? It feels forced to have her with a gun and fists again.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 20, 2023 12:53 PM
Oct 2015
Rei_III said:
I understood nothing. Way too much time has passed since Last Order bored me to no tomorrow.
Looks like I have to go through LastOrder again, fully, including the fights, fights, fights... -_-

?/5
Isnt evangelion, just whining whining whining and crying?
wide as an ocean deep as a puddle. Just that many confuse the reflection of the puddle as being its depth, even the creator debunked everything deep about it and said its just made cuz we thought it was cool lmao
Jun 26, 2023 5:13 PM
Oct 2015
Rei_III said:

?/5

@Neostorm-X I bought the new edition of Last Order since then (parallel release with this series) and it helped, as I wrote here. (And the geography explanations in some books plus the chapters inthe last tomes were actually interesting.)

And no, EVA is crying, fight, crying, fight, crying, fight, etc, wich makes the redundancy less flagrant. Depth? There's no depth in those fictions. ^^"  It's only fanatics trying to make their thing look more important than it is.
" the creator debunked everything deep about it and said its just made cuz we thought it was cool' : that was about names and symbols, like those borrowed from the Bible and other myths. Wich was indeed cool (and exotic in Japan), just like the german and pseudo-science here.
Your argument still makes zero sense and you have not debunked anything i said, just pointing out your hypocrisy,

also the difference is that gunnm knows how ridiculous it is, its like dorohedoro it makes no attempt at realism or any juvenile attempts at making characters relatable or portraying character relationships as a form of message. Gunnm fans also are nowhere here as pretentious as eva fans and the creator of eva hates the fanbase so much that he keeps releasing more and more movies that recons everything due to missaligned fandom, talk about pretentiousness.

gunnm is deep in the way “the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy” is deep, its a comedic yet surreal form entertainment that makes no effort to hide it,

eva is a puddle masked in an ocean of pretensions like hunger games preaching about teen drama, boring and shallow.

only ones blinded by nostalgia or have spoiled childhoods enjoy this shitty show 

More topics from this board

» Mars Chronicle has become my favorite Alita entry

Avvenirista - Jan 5, 2022

3 by Spo0ky-chan »»
Aug 18, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Gunnm: Kasei Senki Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2015

3 by Spo0ky-chan »»
Jun 17, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gunnm: Kasei Senki Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

5 by Spo0ky-chan »»
Jun 13, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Gunnm: Kasei Senki Chapter 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2015

5 by Spo0ky-chan »»
Jun 13, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Gunnm: Kasei Senki Chapter 46 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jan 14

0 by MegamiRem »»
Jan 14, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.