Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 22, 2009 10:55 AM

Mar 2009
Vizard said:
So Naruto is believed in now.

god that made me laugh so hard xD

i guess he's going to release the bijuu
hopefully there will be no dead-reviving whatsoever

and when will we see the raikage again^^
May 22, 2009 11:02 AM

May 2009
The flashbacks from Nagatos past are very important for the story, so stop complaining about it!
Awsome chapter, but i still wonder where Sasuke is in all of this.
May 22, 2009 12:15 PM
Nov 2007
I couldn't believe what I read here, I think this chapter was very interesting I very much liked it... If you want more blood, go and read bleach or some vampireish mangas, nobody complaint when yondaime appeared or Kakashi's father appeared. what was in this chapter was really good connection to when Naruto reading the book and for a while there was no such things in Naruto, and it is a good thing for a writer to show something from past and relate it to present, why he has wrote it before, that he planned everything ahead. these small things make me interested in the story and for all that thinks that no answers given or so many questions etc, noone complains about LOST or continue to watch, well be patient then...
May 22, 2009 12:49 PM

Dec 2007
I actually liked how this chapter turned out. Builded up nicely for the next chapter. Wonder what Nagato's going to do now...
May 22, 2009 1:01 PM

May 2007
Ugh, I want Naruto and Nagato to FIGHT, not TALK. Am I reading shounen here or what? -_-' Anyway please proceed to the next arc Kishi, kthxb.

(& If Naruto gets the rinnegan that would be so cliched haha.)

May 22, 2009 1:42 PM

Oct 2008
rkronin said:
well i always hear another boring chapter and no fighting and no sasuke or naruto or any other character.............well thats really dissapointing to hear the naruto fans to say such things. first of all its uniqueness is based on the story and the story in order to be complete from all aspects needs time and a lot of side stories . guys its not dragonball. if you want to see only fight and again fight and again fight for years then see bleach or dragonball or sth like that. if you dont like this manga or anime then DONT see it or read it its so simple. if you cant wait and dont have the patience and to enjoy the story then dont follow this manga. its has been 10years since naruto was released and for us the old funs its really annoying to see comments from impatient readers that they were 'burnt' by watching or reading all the episodes or manga in 2-3 nights and then they want to finish the stoty the next week . for god sake!!!!

I'd like to just ignore you, but I don't think everyone is asking for fight after fight. They just want a change. Everything is getting too repetitive and it seems like Kishi is running out of ideas.

Another thing, if you want to flame people, have at least MOST of your paragraph grammatically correct...
May 22, 2009 2:52 PM

Jul 2007
Tomoe said:
nobody complaint when yondaime appeared or Kakashi's father appeared.

You are soo wrong, little guy....

njasis said:
The flashbacks from Nagatos past are very important for the story, so stop complaining about it!
Awsome chapter, but i still wonder where Sasuke is in all of this.

Important how?

Vudis said:

i guess he's going to release the bijuu
hopefully there will be no dead-reviving whatsoever

Corny Way: Nagato gives Naruto his rinnegan.
Even More Corny way: Nagato gives Naruto his rinnegan. Then he releases the sealed bijuu, somehow reviving their holders. Timeskip - Naruto formed an org with those people, in contrast to the org Yahiko formed in flashbacks...

JadedLover said:
katashi said:

but isn't nagato the head of akatsuki?!?!

You miss the part where Madara ordered him to get the 9 tails?

Yes Nagato IS the head of akatsuki.

Think of Nagato as General and Madara as President. They both have equal standings however are responsible for different things.
May 22, 2009 4:17 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
it was a meh chapter for me...
p r o f i l e 👀
May 22, 2009 4:57 PM

Aug 2007
@Fai: Whether he gives him the Rinnegan or not, the first thing I was thinking is he has some jutsu to bring everyone back to life. Which would automatically make me wtf? Ugh. Story move on please.Kishi, you tried, it wasn't bad but you failed. Now stop the flashbacks and move your story. I can't believe he found a way to ruin what I was gonna call one of the best arcs for part II. :(
May 22, 2009 4:57 PM
Nov 2007
Fai said:
Tomoe said:

please watch your tongue, nobody has no right to talk like that, I don't understand some of you, always trying to belittle the opposite point of view with some little word playing and showing that you are right with no explanations, no respect, acting like a jerk, this is a discussion area to exchange opinions and this is not the right way...
May 22, 2009 5:18 PM

Apr 2008
It would be sweet if Naruto got the rinnegan... but i doubt it... i cannot imagine the way naruto would look with those kinda eyes... he'd look actually scary. So i'm seriously thinking that's probably not gunna happen.

However, releasing the byuuji?... very possible.
May 22, 2009 5:22 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Tomoe said:
Fai said:
Tomoe said:

please watch your tongue, nobody has no right to talk like that, I don't understand some of you, always trying to belittle the opposite point of view with some little word playing and showing that you are right with no explanations, no respect, acting like a jerk, this is a discussion area to exchange opinions and this is not the right way...
that's Fai for you...
p r o f i l e 👀
May 22, 2009 6:42 PM

May 2007
That's it? really?

That was so anti-climatic.
My anime list
May 22, 2009 6:44 PM

Nov 2008
Naruto acted like a dickhead like he always does. He should've pwned PAIN
I need money to buy ship slots in KanColle.
May 22, 2009 8:38 PM

Oct 2008
The whole Naruto's name thing made me go " huh?". I reckon that hes gonna pull a " revive everyone" or probably going to give him his power. Either way it's a probs some sort of suicide..

May 22, 2009 9:28 PM
May 2008
lol with the jiraiya-ness and the origins of the book, i actually thought this chapter was pretty good.
until the last page.
what the hell is Nagato thinking?
May 22, 2009 9:40 PM

Feb 2008
what a waste. they went through all of that just to call it truce?
May 22, 2009 10:56 PM

Dec 2006
Naruto: Believe It!

Negato: I believe it.

Naruto: .. oh.. that was easy..
YadGadgeMay 22, 2009 11:06 PM
May 22, 2009 11:13 PM

Aug 2007
Thorro said:
The whole Naruto's name thing made me go " huh?". I reckon that hes gonna pull a " revive everyone" or probably going to give him his power. Either way it's a probs some sort of suicide..

Har Har

I said it first :p
May 23, 2009 12:04 AM

Dec 2008
A so-so chapter with some recap that we really don't want or need. With that in mind, I wonder what technique he's gonna use and what about all the other characters.
May 23, 2009 7:56 AM

Jan 2008
I think the word "believe" is becoming more and more overused.
May 23, 2009 10:21 AM

Oct 2007
I doubt Nagato would just give up on all the things he tried to accomplish to some cheesy talk by Naruto.

The years that Nagato suffered in pain won't just disappear with one liner "Believe it!".

Nagato is probably planning to attack Naruto and carry on his plan :S

Just my theory.

If I were Nagato, and the Kyuubi's vessel is in front of me, the last bijuu, I'd take all my strength and capture it and complete my life long ambition lol
May 23, 2009 11:01 AM

May 2009
I never wanted to slam Kishimoto's head on a goddamn rock so much in my life.
I swear i'll tear off my head and decompose if somebody does'nt kick his slow ass.
Talking about butt, MY ass is on the floor.

I CAN'T BEAR THESE STUPID, DRAMATIC-WANNA-BE, BORING SICK CHAPTERS ANYMORE ! X_X
all I can say is, AMEN ( LMAO, i dunno why the hell i'm lauphing -.- )

ntHai said:
I think the word "believe" is becoming more and more overused.

So much truth in one sentence.
May 23, 2009 6:52 PM
Nov 2007
nagato should give naruto one eye. and naruto should take kakashi's other eye.

so he has both! LOL OMG
May 23, 2009 9:13 PM

Aug 2008
Naruleach said:
Tomoe said:
Fai said:
Tomoe said:

that's Fai for you...
Ohohoho.. Yep... That's our dear Fai...

Lol a Rinnengan transplant would be totally lamewesome..... Heck I hope such thing happens in the near future!!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2009 3:04 PM
Nov 2008
crowslayer91 said:
nagato should give naruto one eye. and naruto should take kakashi's other eye.

so he has both! LOL OMG

*facepalm

I am surprised that #73 is the only one skeptical of Nagatos change of heart. I only pegged it as a 1 in 3 chance that he actually believes in Naruto.
May 24, 2009 6:51 PM

Jan 2008
TEH_GEASS said:
I doubt Nagato would just give up on all the things he tried to accomplish to some cheesy talk by Naruto.

The years that Nagato suffered in pain won't just disappear with one liner "Believe it!".

Nagato is probably planning to attack Naruto and carry on his plan :S

Just my theory.

If I were Nagato, and the Kyuubi's vessel is in front of me, the last bijuu, I'd take all my strength and capture it and complete my life long ambition lol

Well, the flashback showed that Nagato used to think in a similiar way to what Naruto was saying to him, so I don't think it's that out there for Nagato to have such a change of heart. He completely 180'd to get to where he is today, so I don't see why he couldn't switch right back.

What will annoy me is if Konan changes her mind along with Nagato. It'll be like she can't think for herself at all. It really doesn't look like she's taking what Naruto says to heart. She just keeps looking to Nagato for answers.
D&D Club

Because my sig making skills are non-existant.
May 24, 2009 7:16 PM

Aug 2008
ichikiba said:
What will annoy me is if Konan changes her mind along with Nagato. It'll be like she can't think for herself at all. It really doesn't look like she's taking what Naruto says to heart. She just keeps looking to Nagato for answers.
Oh remember that every female character of this manga is stupid... So she might follow Nagato like a helpless puppy 'til the end.... And that'll include believing in Naruto's words and Nagato's change of heart if it really happens XD.... the only decent female 'til she tried to stop her friend was Sakura.... any girl besides her is just bad.... 5th is useless in many much ways... maybe Anko is okay... but she's obsessed too...

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2009 11:34 AM

May 2009
That, i want to become Hokage stuff, of Naruto doesnt seem real to me anymore.
He doesnt say it the same way like he did before somehow
May 25, 2009 12:07 PM

Nov 2008
Well, what will pain do?

releasing the byuuji? Eh, what way is it going to help Naruto?
... nevertheless I thought that more useful would be a seal which will help release more fox power while not losing control. (but that doesn't fit Nagato )

giving rinnengan... Naruto with it would really look weird. Moreover I suppose it is same as with sharingan. That means by giving him his eyes. Gross!!

Reviving all that people... it seem to me really stupid turn of events, nevermind

Well i enjoyed last chapters and looking forward to others, Pain's jutsu and Tobi's entrance.
May 25, 2009 12:17 PM

Jan 2008
Bushnik said:
That, i want to become Hokage stuff, of Naruto doesnt seem real to me anymore.
He doesnt say it the same way like he did before somehow

Well, before, he just wanted the glory. He wanted to be noticed. But he achieved that without becoming Hokage. So, now he just wants to be Hokage so he can make changes to the world. The title of Hokage is no longer important. It's just the means to an end, now.

Holy crap. Character development? In Naruto? Of Naruto himself?
ichikibaMay 29, 2009 6:40 PM
D&D Club

Because my sig making skills are non-existant.
May 25, 2009 4:26 PM

Aug 2008
Hey we can't have fights all the time. I thought the dialog was kinda cool. I hope whatever Nagato does isn't disappointing. I have a small feeling that Sasuke is going to arrive soon though.

May 25, 2009 10:12 PM
May 2009
Disappointing.
May 26, 2009 3:18 AM

Jun 2008
Jazze said:
Disappointing.

Second this, I hope that Pain will not become a good man now, or all that filosophy would have been just a stupid thing...
May 26, 2009 8:28 PM

Feb 2009
i'd like to see some sasuke. i mean where the heck is he, anyway??
I want your soul... so please, click.
May 27, 2009 7:32 AM

May 2009
sasuke78787 said:
i'd like to see some sasuke. i mean where the heck is he, anyway??
well won't be too long since he is heading for konoha, but doesn't matter if he comes or not - he's got no chance against naruto now
May 27, 2009 10:59 AM

Jul 2008
i wanna see some action pls..no to talking talking....
May 29, 2009 10:18 AM

Apr 2009
Oh no, not the Reformed Villain one...DON'T YOU DO THIS TO ME KISHI...
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 1, 2009 10:32 AM

Mar 2009
So Pein's gonna believe in Naruto now. *shrugs* Whatever.
<i>When all else is lost, the future still remains</i>
Jun 22, 2009 1:00 PM

Feb 2008
lol ok people, remember. don't count your chickens before they hatch. nobody's dead till you see the damn funeral.

this was too cheesy. after all that ooo i change my mind...here's your friends back...
Dec 1, 2017 1:42 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Naruto persuaded Nagato!!! Great Naruto word power!!!
Aug 8, 2018 10:42 AM

Feb 2013
The book convinced him, way to go Naruto.
Jul 10, 2019 6:58 AM
Mar 2019
I don't like the conversation between Naruto & Nagato. I like the idea but the execution is lacking in my opinion. Naruto doesn’t actually say anything that should cause Nagato to do a 180 change out of nowhere, plus the lack of build up makes it feel like a cheap cop out.
Apr 25, 2021 10:47 AM

Jan 2020
Damn. Naruto's talk no jutsu really got the best of Nagato

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 27 Discussion

jeanfarias - Feb 4, 2012

14 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 22 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 24, 2012

8 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 1 Discussion

Renton126 - Aug 31, 2009

25 by Rezende1990 »»
May 20, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.