Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 8, 2013 9:54 AM

Aug 2013
Just curious.

Has there ever been an anime where upon reflecting on the story or perhaps a characters arc found yourself a little annoyed at yourself? or reflect upon your own life? or even sad?

Say you are having a problem and you watch an anime where a character overcomes something similar, then you get annoyed at yourself because you can't do the same and feel ashamed of yourself.

Or the classic post anime depression when you realize that the epic adventure you have been watching and getting to know the characters was actually just a person sat on their own in the dark watching animated characters living more a life then your own.

Again just a random question that poped into my head, was interested.

Personally I felt a little ashamed of myself after playing Persona 4, throughout the game the message was that running away from your problems will only hurt you and the people around you and you must face them to become stronger and friendship is something a person needs to grow.

Only to realize I was doing exactly that, constantly running from my problems and also having no real friends either :p

Still did it anyway, ruined my university degree ah well, never mind.
SpooksNov 8, 2013 10:01 AM
Nov 8, 2013 9:58 AM

Aug 2012
After finishing Ore imo, I was mad at myself for having wasted my time on it.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 8, 2013 10:02 AM

Oct 2012
After finishing Arcana Famiglia, I was mad at myself for having wasted my time on it.
Nov 8, 2013 12:10 PM

Jan 2012
School Days, because i was angry filled with guilt of how i have negatively impacted people in my life and how I need to be careful of my actions and influence over others.
Nov 8, 2013 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
sephiroth70001 said:
School Days, because i was angry filled with guilt of how i have negatively impacted people in my life and how I need to be careful of my actions and influence over others.

So it helped improve yourself, or at least make you aware of how a persons actions can affect others, thats good.
Nov 8, 2013 1:04 PM
Nov 2007
After watching most anime I get ashamed because the majority of the protagonists are extremelt determined, and when training will not give up, then theres me, trying to do push ups and getting bored like 15 reps in, giving up, and watching more anime.
Nov 8, 2013 1:09 PM

Sep 2012
Anime fans, reflecting on themselves?? LOL

No silly! They just subconsciously transfer all of their self-loathing onto whoever the main character happens to be! Or just any character that's not a cute girl, really.
Nov 8, 2013 1:27 PM

Dec 2012
Kibura_Iburasa said:

Say you are having a problem and you watch an anime where a character overcomes something similar, then you get annoyed at yourself because you can't do the same and feel ashamed of yourself.

Not really. That actually happened in real life and if I didn't feel angry about myself there then fiction is not gonna make me feel that way. I fixed that problem on my own but it was not because of some anime. I don't believe that fiction can change people or let them reflect deeper upon themselves.
Nov 8, 2013 1:48 PM

Sep 2007
dodoberry said:
After finishing Arcana Famiglia, I was mad at myself for having wasted my time on it.

This.
Nov 8, 2013 4:51 PM

Aug 2013
I was angry at myself for having wasted so much time on fairy tail
Nov 8, 2013 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
Goryo said:
After finishing Ore imo, I was mad at myself for having wasted my time on it.
somebody should start the slow clap...
Nov 8, 2013 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
Nope...I am so calm I didn't even flinch watching the epic masterpiece known as School days.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Nov 8, 2013 8:24 PM
Jul 2013
Definitely Mirai Nikki. Felt like I watched the biggest abomination of a "dark" show. That and Outlaw Star are the most notable ones that pissed me off.
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Nov 8, 2013 8:27 PM
Aug 2012
Infinite Statos. I tried convincing myself it was actually a decent show, ignoring all those who say it was cliche and crappy. Up until episode 4 i finally understood what a steaming pile of shit it was, and regret ever defending it from friends and family. If I could time travel I would punch myself in the face for defending it to episode 3.
Nov 8, 2013 8:33 PM

Aug 2011
dodoberry said:

The show was shit, but at least Felicita was nice to look at.
Nov 8, 2013 9:14 PM

Apr 2007
Sometimes. Like: fuck you, self, why are you watching this tripe when you have a thesis to write
Nov 8, 2013 9:18 PM

Nov 2013
Diabolik Lovers Wife Beaters.
Angry that there are female species like MC who finds being called "Bitch-chan" and getting raped totally fine.
Nov 8, 2013 10:18 PM

Dec 2012
I was angry at myself after I watched Ro-Kyu-Bu. Angry because I had always taken the goodness of lolis for granted until that day.
Nov 8, 2013 10:22 PM
Mar 2013
I'm mad at myself for wasting my time on School Days, Yosuga no Sora, Love Hina, Medabots, and Digimon 3rd season.
Nov 8, 2013 11:31 PM
Nov 10, 2013 4:24 PM

Jan 2012
Kibura_Iburasa said:
sephiroth70001 said:

So it helped improve yourself, or at least make you aware of how a persons actions can affect others, thats good.

Yes it did. I don't see why so many people don't like the result or ending. I think it shows how big of an impact that your actions can cause and how much you influence other people.
Nov 10, 2013 4:55 PM

Nov 2012
I am currently watching sakurasou no pet and I get mad at myself for not following my dream and becoming something of myself when these characters try to do things over and over. I maintain my lame job when I could get a better one haha

More topics from this board

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 3 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

147 by Ezeeql »»
46 seconds ago

» How do people finish anime they consider bad?

Rinrinka - 33 minutes ago

5 by Alpha-Nine »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you watch anime but hate Japan anyway? ( 1 2 3 4 )

lolatusenpai - Jul 11, 2015

155 by Nemo_Niemand »»
11 minutes ago

» Any arcs like greed island?

sasukerr14 - 28 minutes ago

0 by sasukerr14 »»
28 minutes ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga?

Phantomnocomics - 32 minutes ago

0 by Phantomnocomics »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.