Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2013 6:19 PM

Nov 2011
Does anybody around here actually still have any retro consoles that they play?

I have a Master System , Megadrive/Genesis and Super Famicom that I still play quite a lot, but for the games that are expensive to get hold of I'll just use emulated versions as they are stupidly expensive to buy, but otherwise I still use those consoles a lot.
16-Bit-MegaDriveJan 26, 2013 7:55 PM
Jan 26, 2013 6:27 PM

Sep 2011
My nes and snes are occasionally turned on, NES is mainly for contra

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 26, 2013 6:28 PM

Jul 2012
I don't know how far back we're going exactly, but not long ago I enjoyed Super Mario World on my SuperNES.
Jan 26, 2013 6:29 PM
Dec 2012
Whelp, my sister took the SNES away, with the games. I still have my Psone games, I am regularly buying titles for the PS2, Psone. But man do i miss playing Yoshi's island.
But my Tv is too new and i have not gone out to pick up a old style to fit the graphics.
I mostly like RPGs, thats why im buying older titles.
I bought Koudelka for the Psone for like 45$
Yeah i know thats pricey for a "todays standards" crappy game but come on! this is some vintage shit here! and besides it pisses my friend off that i bought a game he wants to play but cant. Hehehehehee...
Fufufu Why bother?
Jan 26, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2011
Nes, atari, genesis/megadrive and Snes, i don't know is PSone count like retro in this days but still is working
Jan 26, 2013 6:43 PM

Nov 2011
Have my SNES hooked up on my TV whenever I feel like playing. Not that I have a lot of games for it. I have like Bomberman, Mario Kart, Porky Pig, Godzilla and other silly games.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 26, 2013 6:48 PM

Jun 2011
I have my Genesis and games, but I don't have the right cable to hook it up to a newer TV.
Jan 26, 2013 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
I have an SNES cartridge of Yoshi's Cookie laying around somewhere! Also a handful of regular Gameboy games somewhere; Jurassic Park, Tetris, and a few others. Other than that I've lost track of anything pre-PS1.
Jan 26, 2013 7:49 PM
Mar 2011
i play older games more amsd i have more to find my Saturn famicom and super fami get most play them after that mt pce and my 9102
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 26, 2013 7:49 PM

Sep 2011
Retro gaming is the best kind of gaming
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jan 26, 2013 8:14 PM

Nov 2008
I still have my Sega Genesis, Super Famicom, and Sega CD, I also have all my Turbografx and PC Engine CD games but not the system, 5 Genesis, 4 Super Famicom, 10 PS1 and PS2 games, and 3 Dreamcast Games.

Jan 26, 2013 10:00 PM

May 2012
I have my nintendo 64 and sega dreamcast. Thats as retro I can get.

"If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?" - Lelouch Vi Brittania
Jan 30, 2013 12:52 AM

Jun 2007
The only game consoles I have are NES, SNES, N64, and PS1. I don't play any of them too often, but suffice to say, when I do play console games, they're retro.

pralan said:
i don't know is PSone count like retro in this days but still is working
I'd have to think being 2 (soon to be 3?) generations behind is comfortably within the "retro" range.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Jan 30, 2013 1:42 AM

Jan 2013
N64.

Majora's Mask, Super Smash, Goldeneye, Mario 64, etc.

The golden classics.
Jan 31, 2013 1:18 PM

Jan 2009
I have a SNES and 53 games.

best console ever.
Jan 31, 2013 3:50 PM

Dec 2012
U guys should get the neo geo x
Jan 31, 2013 4:08 PM

Jan 2011
I Still Have An N64, SNES, And Sega Genesis Though The Only One Of Those I Play Semi-Regularly Is The SNES.
Jan 31, 2013 4:16 PM
Mar 2011
are you too young to have played the best fighting game system ever the neo geo
Rather playing buctherd ports on the saturn or PSX plays Fighters how thay are ment to be played on the 330 mega sepc power house hell in pure power it was the lead der of 3 gens [ ite came out in 91 home system] and was only fuuly by paseed in under the hood power by the Game cube relese just under 15 years later
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jan 31, 2013 4:25 PM

Jun 2011
DateYutaka said:
Rather playing buctherd ports on the saturn or PSX plays Fighters how thay are ment to be played on the 330 mega sepc power house hell in pure power it was the lead der of 3 gens [ ite came out in 91 home system] and was only fuuly by paseed in under the hood power by the Game cube relese just under 15 years later

Neo Geo was extremely overpriced and had a small library of games. Raw power doesn't mean anything without accessibility and diverse software.
Jan 31, 2013 4:31 PM
Mar 2011
Narmy said:
DateYutaka said:

Neo Geo was extremely overpriced and had a small library of games. Raw power doesn't mean anything without accessibility and diverse software.

its had very good diversity while not as deep as others it had less bad games too

for every FF IX the PSX had a poor lackluster port of an arcade fighter[ how can any one in there right mind[] say the samurai sprits ports for PSX played as well as the Geo did

the whole diversity of Softwere i can link you to another thred i posted one of my polls ut i wont
DateYutakaJan 31, 2013 4:36 PM

Jan 31, 2013 8:15 PM

Jun 2012
I still have a pretty large n64 collection which we don't plan on selling anytime soon. Everything else got sold though and just replaced by emulators.

DateYutaka said:
Darkjolly said:

I think they're still very expensive relative to other consoles from that time period sadly. I heard it was the most advanced console for it's time, shame I think it was ruined because no one could afford it though.
Feb 1, 2013 1:45 AM
Mar 2011
Caze said:
I still have a pretty large n64 collection which we don't plan on selling anytime soon. Everything else got sold though and just replaced by emulators.

DateYutaka said:
Darkjolly said:

I think they're still very expensive relative to other consoles from that time period sadly. I heard it was the most advanced console for it's time, shame I think it was ruined because no one could afford it though.

not only ofr its own gen bit for the next 2 after its own and was ever more powerfull than eve the ps2 the first console to fully by pass it was the gamecube by the time is was around 15 years old

Feb 1, 2013 2:29 AM

Dec 2012
if you want to count Emulators and the GameCube as retro, then I use a GameCube emulator from time to time. otherwise, I turn on my PSX usually.
^_^

Feb 1, 2013 6:46 PM

Aug 2012
I have a NES, SNES, N64, and GC in my closet. Sadly, all they do is collect dust.

Feb 1, 2013 7:04 PM

Nov 2008
Neo Geo X is an overpriced piece of shit, want emulation on a handheld get a GCW Zero or a PSP with CFW.

Feb 1, 2013 7:56 PM

Apr 2011
I used to play NeoGeo on the emulator Neo Rage X back in 1999... i remember it took me at least 1 minute to load a game every time lol
ValaskjalfFeb 1, 2013 8:04 PM
Feb 3, 2013 6:01 AM

Jan 2013
i have a n64 a sega genesis and i play often with them
Feb 3, 2013 8:13 AM
May 2012
I have my old PS1 console but now it's already broke since I bought a PS2 couple of years (2004)...
May 9, 2021 10:23 PM
Dec 2017
i play retro games mainly on my ps2 since its backwards compatible with ps1 games.

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3573 by Stomiks »»
3 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

547 by Badonkers »»
3 hours ago

» game for mobile

anhd389 - Dec 26, 2023

11 by Dumb »»
9 hours ago

» Favorite strategy video games

EarthHero - Yesterday

2 by Theo1899 »»
Yesterday, 11:20 AM

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

153 by Rndmguypassingby »»
Yesterday, 8:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.