Forum Settings
Forums

Post Factual, excellent, and/or interesting reasons on why not to get married.

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 18, 2013 5:27 PM

Jan 2013
Lesley_Roberta said:
Now as for a reason to NOT get married. Well accidental parenting happens eh. If you can't keep the dna to yourself and you ge her pregnant, get over it, you both screwed up. Give it up for adoption to one of so many couples that CAN'T have kids. Because getting married just because she got pregnant is idiotic. You get married because you plan to get old and ugly with her after a long enjoyable marriage of many years. Not because you fucked up and had a kid accidentally.

That's not really a reason to avoid getting married. That's just a bad reason to get married (in your opinion).
Jan 18, 2013 5:32 PM

Sep 2012
Lesley_Roberta said:
Several pictures of women getting wider, and not one picture of a beer gut fat assed middle aged man who never had to carry a kid for 9 months. Are there not any other women on this pathetic thread?

I sit in a Tim Horton's during the day watching the working class come and go. Just a steady stream of typical humanity. And no shortage of guys that can't dress worth shit, can't use a belt properly even when they have one and likely don't like the fact that you can't usually use a belt decently with a beer gut at any rate. Which likely explains why most older men prefer to wear the belt under the gut, because around the waist would make them realize that they are actually a 50 inch waist and not what they are pretending to have.

Now as for a reason to NOT get married. Well accidental parenting happens eh. If you can't keep the dna to yourself and you ge her pregnant, get over it, you both screwed up. Give it up for adoption to one of so many couples that CAN'T have kids. Because getting married just because she got pregnant is idiotic. You get married because you plan to get old and ugly with her after a long enjoyable marriage of many years. Not because you fucked up and had a kid accidentally.
You sound like an angry person.

And that's saying something, coming from me.
Jan 18, 2013 5:33 PM

Jan 2013
Z-flame said:
When you love your partner/ significant other, it's a nice thing to be able to express your feelings for that person.

Marriage is one of the ultimate forms of expressing love.(Not that all people think the same though)

I wonder - do you think marriage would hold the same value if it didn't have all those legal 'benefits' tied to it?
Jan 18, 2013 5:55 PM
Nov 2010
kanjiphobe said:
Z-flame said:
When you love your partner/ significant other, it's a nice thing to be able to express your feelings for that person.

Marriage is one of the ultimate forms of expressing love.(Not that all people think the same though)

I wonder - do you think marriage would hold the same value if it didn't have all those legal 'benefits' tied to it?
The true value of marriage lies on the people that get married, not on legal 'benefits' or how most of society views the subject.

So yes, it will still have value. At least for me and dozens of people I know.
Jan 18, 2013 5:55 PM

Mar 2012
I have a feeling that many married couples would laugh at the conceptions of marriage in this thread. I think that some sort of formal commitment can be very important, especially if children are involved. And before anyone says "but if you need formal commitment should you really be marrying that person", no, stop. It's not that you "need" it, so much as it changes the dynamics of the relationship in a positive way. It solidifies your mutual agreement that you are in this together, and that you shouldn't feel like you can just walk out because you had a bad day. It promotes getting over hardships, not running away from them. #2deep
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 18, 2013 6:03 PM

Jan 2013
Z-flame said:
kanjiphobe said:
Z-flame said:

The true value of marriage lies on the people that get married, not on legal 'benefits' or how most of society views the subject.

So yes, it will still have value. At least for me and dozens of people I know.

Without the legal benefits, though, how is a married couple any different from a couple that isn't married?
Jan 18, 2013 6:06 PM

Oct 2012
Post-Josh said:
I have a feeling that many married couples would laugh at the conceptions of marriage in this thread. I think that some sort of formal commitment can be very important, especially if children are involved. And before anyone says "but if you need formal commitment should you really be marrying that person", no, stop. It's not that you "need" it, so much as it changes the dynamics of the relationship in a positive way. It solidifies your mutual agreement that you are in this together, and that you shouldn't feel like you can just walk out because you had a bad day. It promotes getting over hardships, not running away from them. #in2deep
Fixed.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 18, 2013 6:45 PM

Mar 2012
#protectthesanctityofmarraige
LoneWolf said:
Jan 18, 2013 7:09 PM

Nov 2008
Post-Josh said:

That doesn't exist anymore.

Jan 18, 2013 7:50 PM

Feb 2009
Red_Keys said:
Lesley_Roberta said:
Several pictures of women getting wider, and not one picture of a beer gut fat assed middle aged man who never had to carry a kid for 9 months. Are there not any other women on this pathetic thread?

I sit in a Tim Horton's during the day watching the working class come and go. Just a steady stream of typical humanity. And no shortage of guys that can't dress worth shit, can't use a belt properly even when they have one and likely don't like the fact that you can't usually use a belt decently with a beer gut at any rate. Which likely explains why most older men prefer to wear the belt under the gut, because around the waist would make them realize that they are actually a 50 inch waist and not what they are pretending to have.

You sound like an angry person.

And that's saying something, coming from me.

Well I was annoyed at all the atypical comments from males raging on female appearances as if they look any different to women. Most of you guys are nothing to drool over after a couple of years of married life.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jan 18, 2013 8:40 PM

Feb 2005
Lesley_Roberta said:
Well I was annoyed at all the atypical comments from males raging on female appearances as if they look any different to women. Most of you guys are nothing to drool over after a couple of years of married life.
You miss one important fact though, men stay virile and generally fit for longer, while women declines much faster and ditch their fertility to be able to live longer in a energy-saving mode, so to speak.
But other than fertility, I suppose the difference isn't too big.
Jan 18, 2013 9:14 PM

Oct 2012
I wouldn't want anyone drooling over me. Go drool somewhere else.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 18, 2013 9:40 PM

Sep 2012
10 girls are better than one. just sayin.
tuturu~!! (≧◡≦)
Jan 18, 2013 10:42 PM

Aug 2011
Ponpokopii said:
10 girls are better than one. just sayin.

You read my mind...

Yea the tons of responsibility that comes after getting married sucks, and your spouse is gonna eventually get old... though Benjamin Franklin might disagree

Some would say that love overcomes all, well, maybe i'll change if i ever find a true love
kek
Jan 18, 2013 11:09 PM

Jun 2008
Baman said:
Lesley_Roberta said:
You miss one important fact though, men stay virile and generally fit for longer, while women declines much faster and ditch their fertility to be able to live longer in a energy-saving mode, so to speak.

No what he truly misses is that is almost irrelevant how not as good a man might look, he probably wasn't much from the time she married him anyway, because men see looks while women see your car, your house and your bank account. Your handsome looks never where much part of the equation anyway.
Jan 18, 2013 11:12 PM

Mar 2012
Monad said:
Baman said:
Lesley_Roberta said:

No what he truly misses is that is almost irrelevant how not as good a man might look, he probably wasn't much from the time she married him anyway, because men see looks while women see your car, your house and your bank account. Your handsome looks never where much part of the equation anyway.
Looks are actually a huge part of the initial attraction, but once they find out he's poor they'll drop him in a second, just like you say.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jan 18, 2013 11:18 PM

Mar 2012
Hoppy said:
Post-Josh said:
That doesn't exist anymore.
I was joking.
LoneWolf said:
Jan 19, 2013 2:04 AM

Dec 2012
I don't like sharing my cake. A wedding would be the worst version of that.
A hentai podcast!

Jan 19, 2013 2:46 AM

Oct 2012
I don't want kids.
I don't want my house dirty every 5 minutes.
I can't cook (there goes my wife quality)

Oh and
I'm antisocial + asexual (mostly. But me finding love = finding Slenderman in the woods).
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jan 19, 2013 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
Itermin8rX said:
I don't want kids.

Oh and
I'm antisocial + asexual (mostly. But me finding love = finding Slenderman in the woods).
Would you marry me?
Jan 19, 2013 3:50 AM

Oct 2012
Amadyeus said:
Itermin8rX said:
I don't want kids.

Oh and
Would you marry me?
Are you Slenderman?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 19, 2013 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
I can be whatever girls want me to be *wink*
Jan 19, 2013 4:47 AM

Jan 2012
If you're religious or you want tax breaks. Those are the only reasons to get married. You also set yourself up for the very real possibility that you will lose the house and a substantial portion of your money if there ends up being a divorce, which is more likely than for there to not be one.
Jan 19, 2013 10:35 AM
Jun 2008
I don't want to get married because I don't want kids (I enjoy peace and quiet), I enjoy being alone, I don't want to constantly answer to someone, and I don't want any unnecessary obligations.
Jan 19, 2013 10:46 AM

Oct 2012
1. You'd have to break up with your waifu in order to get married.
Or
2. Your waifu would get jealous/your wife would get jealous of your waifu
Jan 19, 2013 10:51 AM

Apr 2011
The truth is that people lack the self-sacrifice, responsibility, maturity, and commitment. Sorry guys, it's not about love and finding personal happiness; you don't have to get married for that.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Jan 19, 2013 11:28 AM

Nov 2011
Jan 19, 2013 11:32 AM

Mar 2012
lolipanic said:
Or
Think one of them would end up killing the other?

As far as losing half your shit and money and so on, you could always plan for a scaled-down SHTF scenario and write up a prenup/keep separate bank accounts/etc.
If she outright refuses, my guess is she's looking to get half your shit.
Negative-TravisJan 19, 2013 11:45 AM
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jan 19, 2013 11:41 AM

Apr 2011
Negative-Travis said:
lolipanic said:
Or
Think one of them would end up killing the other?

As far as losing half your shit and money and so on, you could always plan for a scaled-down SHTF scenario and write up a prenup/keep seperate bank accounts/etc.
If she outright refuses, my guess is she's looking to get half you shit.

Or there is a fundamental lack of trust between you two and perhaps you two shouldn't get married.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think about bombing italy?

WeebIncelLoser - 3 hours ago

7 by WatchTillTandava »»
11 minutes ago

» How to improve intelligence

False_Entity - 3 hours ago

12 by lucjan »»
11 minutes ago

» Do your dress nice? ( 1 2 )

PopArt - Jul 6, 2023

92 by starshiiine »»
17 minutes ago

» What is a food you hate that everyone likes? ( 1 2 )

ThisAaugh - Aug 30, 2023

96 by starshiiine »»
18 minutes ago

» When did you first experience heartbreak in a romantic sense?

MeanMrMusician - Jun 4

34 by starshiiine »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.