Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 17, 2012 12:12 PM

Oct 2011
Wow,just like with Juvia a few chapters ago.Instead of using this chance to show off Gajeel's new tricks,Hiro pushed him to the side....technically,Natsu pushed in a cart & sent him rolling but you get the point.

And I'm now waiting for Rogue to get some more moments.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 17, 2012 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
I lost it at gajeel on the cart rofl
Aug 17, 2012 12:34 PM

Oct 2010
SHot-OS said:

You serious...? EVERY shonen manga out there is like this! :S The main character ALWAYS win... It is this simple. If you dont like it stop reading shonen manga... We are reading this because we know that in the end Natsu and Fairy Tail is going to win... It was like this for 290 chapters, nothing is going to change now...

Well Luffy and Gon dont pull bullshit like this so no not every shonen does this. Even Luffy, Gon, and Ichigo lose fights.

For once i wish it was Gajeel instead of Natsu. Either way somebody will probably interrupt the fight. I truly wish Natsu would be humiliated for once. This is a tournament so they should make him lose its not like its a life death situation like other arcs.
Aug 17, 2012 12:49 PM

Mar 2012
Natsu is such a bad ass :u. I want to see Gajeel doing something new though. Loved how there was cart right new to Gajeel xD. Great Chapter.
Yes. Yes. My avatar is s sheep ._ .
Aug 17, 2012 1:09 PM
Sep 2007
Friendship is magic!
Hi
Aug 17, 2012 2:02 PM

Jun 2012
Was a decent enough chapter, i think it would be better for everyone if natsu lost xD but i dont think it will happen, the fight will probably get split up by acnologia or some shit and then theyll kill it together and be like yeah lets join fairy tail. obviously wont happen but still xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Aug 17, 2012 2:27 PM

Dec 2011
bonifide said:
SHot-OS said:

You serious...? EVERY shonen manga out there is like this! :S The main character ALWAYS win... It is this simple. If you dont like it stop reading shonen manga... We are reading this because we know that in the end Natsu and Fairy Tail is going to win... It was like this for 290 chapters, nothing is going to change now...

Well Luffy and Gon dont pull bullshit like this so no not every shonen does this. Even Luffy, Gon, and Ichigo lose fights.

You can't compare them like this.To be fair,in the chapter 295 of One Piece,Luffy still hadn't lost a single fair fight(Unless if you consider his running from Smoker).Natsu already lost to Gildarts and couldn't do a thing against Acnologia,so he lost more than Luffy by that time.

And how are you supposed to compare a 12 year kid like Gon with a 19 year old Natsu,they're just too different to compare.It's only natural for Gon to lose more.

And I don't know much about Bleach so can't say.

Anyway,people are too annoyed with Natsu,but he deserves even more screentime if you try and remember that he's the main character of FT and all of the big fights he had he needed some sort of power up.Now he's finally fighting on a tournament without any middle of the battle power up so he needs some screentime too.

And I don't think Gajeel we'll just get out of the fight like this.There's still Rogue out there,after all.

Edit:Natsu also lost to Fukuro on the Tower of Heaven arc.
alcorswindAug 17, 2012 2:41 PM
Aug 17, 2012 2:32 PM

Jun 2011
Hiro Mashima story just keeps getting me more pumped up this is crazy and its getting unbelievably greater and greater with every chapter that i read just like the previous chapters this one is the best :D
Aug 17, 2012 2:37 PM

Nov 2008
I hope it'll be a good battle, with the twin dragon slayers giving a good fight.
Lol Natsu pushing Gajeel.
Aug 17, 2012 2:40 PM

Dec 2009
I can accept any Deus Ex Machina from Mashima now since I want Fairy Tail to beat the crap out of Sabertooth.
Aug 17, 2012 3:05 PM

Jun 2011
"Come at me bro"
Aug 17, 2012 3:12 PM

Aug 2010
That was fun to read. ^_^

Btw did anyone notice Minerva was missing her lipstick in the first panel that she appears in? xD
Aug 17, 2012 3:26 PM

Jun 2012
SHot-OS said:
Crimson_Cloud said:
This chapter was pretty good until Natsu stood up again. Seriously, when a guy stands like that you have a feeling not even God himself could beat him. Yeah, a virus of many shonen mangas out there...

Starting to dislike Fairy Tail solely cuz' of Natsu and his plot power.

Hah watch Hunter x Hunter cuz that ain't true >.>
Back to the main topic, just cuz it's cliche doesn't mean it's bad as long as it is executed well. I kind of liked it that Natsu got up cuz there was a twist with humor
Aug 17, 2012 3:45 PM

Mar 2012
Natsu gonna rape them up!

I still want Natsu to show everyone his Lightning-Fire Mode and possibly he may learn how to use Dragon Force by will soon.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Aug 17, 2012 3:50 PM

May 2012
I really hope this fight doesn't end up as some kind of squash match. Sting and Rogue were so hyped up prior to this fight, and right now it seems like they're not even in the same league as Natsu and Gajeel. Oh well, chapter was still very entertaining nonetheless! Natsu's fired up now! Looks like another epic "DON'T MESS WITH FAIRY TAIL!" beat down next week! :D
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Aug 17, 2012 3:55 PM

Aug 2012
The chapter was excellent, it sucked that we had to wait so long for the release but I loved that there were so many pages to this weeks release! I'm stoked for next weeks chapter!
Aug 17, 2012 5:32 PM

Sep 2009
What a weak reason to want to beat up Natsu. Boo-hoo, people don't believe you know someone that killed a dragon and called you a liar; who cares and move on from it sheeh.

Best part of the ch for me was the COME from Natsu's flame.

Aug 17, 2012 5:32 PM

Aug 2007
Does Natsu really think he can beat both dragon slaayers alone. I will wait to see what happens
Aug 17, 2012 8:26 PM

May 2008
I wanna see Natsu get powered up but not so much that he can take on the two dragon slayers by himself . Hope Gajeel comes back and saves his ass

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 17, 2012 8:36 PM

Nov 2011
Sting's reason is so weak, it's on Naruto's level. I was hoping Natsu and Gajeel would stay down, it would've been more interesting that way, but I should have known better. I agree with the person who said that Sting probably unleashed a massive attack and the dragon simply escaped, leading Sting to believe he killed it. However, Rogue has also kiled one. I think that he'd make sure that it's actually dead since he's more level headed. You could say that the dragon had an ounce of strength left and managed to recover thuogh.

Btw, does anyone remember what chapter Igneel appeared in during the tournament? I'm not too sure but I think he said something about the dragons that raised Sting and Rogue.
thraciasAug 17, 2012 8:50 PM
Aug 17, 2012 8:40 PM

Oct 2011
Chapter started out great with Sting kicking the shit out of Natsu and Gray but it ended really bad.

How the fuck does Natsu and Gajeel stand up to a dragon force of a 3rd generation dragon slayer? How? They got their asses kicked and Sting used an impressive attack but all of sudden they get up like nothing was done.

Then the random cart thrown in the back to put Gajeel in was retarded. Why would you take out Gajeel out of the match when you got your ass fucken beat?

Then we have this dumb shit about how he read his movements.....when in all of fairy tail did Natsu read movements down and analyzed a victory plan? None because it never happened. Mashima just gives Natsu a deux ex machina ass pull on friendship power to win matches.

The flash back was cringe worthy because that has to be the lamest excuse to train and fight someone I ever seen.

Rouge losing his dragon force was wtf as well. Did he turn it off or did he run out of time or something?

The ending pissed me off beyond anything I have ever seen in fairy tail. Natsu wants to take on TWO 3rd generation dragon slayers who have dragon force and wants to do it with no plan at all (I don't buy his lame analysis). To top it off, sting whooped his ass this chapter and in his dumbass head he thinks he can take on both of them. Then he has the audacity to use his stupid catch phrase "U fired up"? God Natsu might just be more annoying that Naruto Uzumaki.

Goodness, Fairy Tail is plot hole after deux ex machina after bad writing. I will continue reading and see how things play out. If there is a chapter that surpasses how bad the ending was in this chapter, I might drop this manga.
Aug 17, 2012 11:20 PM
Jan 2012
Darklight0303 said:
was I the only one who thought Rogue actually sort of looked happy when Natsu and Gazille got back up again?

Lol Now that I look at it, Rogue has this happy demented looking face while Sting has his "oh crap wtf" face.

Sting and Lector's side story was stupid imo. Very weak motivation.

I enjoyed the "10:30" convo :)
astray71Aug 17, 2012 11:23 PM
Aug 18, 2012 1:46 AM

Oct 2008
Mashima-sensei is saint level troll indeed.

At first I was like: no nO! Don't make FT loose because of some random Dragon Force power up! Come on! Natsu and Gajeel where owning them, leave it at that!

Then I was like: what? They lost...

..."Hold on, will you?!"
"Stronger than expected, huuuh?"

And finally I was like: fuck yeah! Mashima-sensei you goddamn troll. :D
RudgaldAug 18, 2012 1:56 AM
Aug 18, 2012 1:58 AM
Aug 2011
Rudgald said:
Mashima-sensei is saint level troll indeed.

At first I was like: no nO! Don't make FT loose because of some random Dragon Force power up! Come on! Natsu and Gajeel where owning them, leave it at that!

Then I was like: what? They lost...

..."Hold on, will you?!"
"Stronger than expected, huuuh?"

And finally I was like: fuck yeah! Mashima-sensei you goddamn troll. :D

Saint Level Troll

WOOT WOOT!
Aug 18, 2012 2:01 AM

Oct 2008
shinigami013x said:
I like it for once they break out of the normal battle plan and Natsu actually appears to have used his head

Dunno If you guys remember, but aside for his recklessness, Natsu is also known as an brilliant strategist when it comes to fights. Mashima-sensei pointed that out several times during Natsu's fights (i.e. fight with the God Slayer or Cobra).

So this time, seeing that String and Rogue couldn't do much to them earlier, Natsu decided it is better to gauge the unknown strength of their Dragon Force and take in some beating, and thats it. If anyone is complaining that they stood up after taking DF in their faces, remember that they never used their full potential yet so they knew they could take some hits even from DF and measure opponents power.
Aug 18, 2012 4:03 AM

Apr 2008
Rudgald said:
shinigami013x said:
I like it for once they break out of the normal battle plan and Natsu actually appears to have used his head

Dunno If you guys remember, but aside for his recklessness, Natsu is also known as an brilliant strategist when it comes to fights. Mashima-sensei pointed that out several times during Natsu's fights (i.e. fight with the God Slayer or Cobra).

So this time, seeing that String and Rogue couldn't do much to them earlier, Natsu decided it is better to gauge the unknown strength of their Dragon Force and take in some beating, and thats it. If anyone is complaining that they stood up after taking DF in their faces, remember that they never used their full potential yet so they knew they could take some hits even from DF and measure opponents power.

That is true. Natsu's smarts are most prevalent in the middle of fighting and I think a lot of people overlook that >_>
Aug 18, 2012 9:16 AM
Jul 2012
canst wait till next week
Aug 18, 2012 9:26 AM

Jan 2012
Well it was good chapter (like always :) ).But I can't wait to see whats next.Especially when it comes to Charl's prophecy about Lucy.Mashima knows how to make his fans to want more and more and his art is beautiful as usual.

I am curious what will be Gajeel reaction later,because Natsu was quite cruel to push him in vehicle only to not participate in the fight.
Aug 18, 2012 12:14 PM

Jun 2009
lol some ppl r complaining that it was not what they had in their mind, others r complaining that its too predictable

complains, complains everywhere

i would've liked natsu and gajeel to win together but still a nice chapter
Aug 18, 2012 1:03 PM

May 2011
First of all, Hiro Mashima. This guy doesn't stop working. Even more back to back weekly colour/extended pages? Awesome.

Sting and Lector's promise... LoL. I don't know what I was expecting. Though he did say he wasn't lying, so it's almost confirmed that they did kill a dragon.

Loved every second of Sting destroying Natsu and Gajeel. It was the best part of both chapters, imo. (Especially with Dragonforce OST playing in the background ^^)

Natsu ruined it for me in the end though. Why must Gajeel be shelved again? If anything, I hope Rogue annihilates Natsu for his stupidity.

Gajeel got screwed again, just like Tenrou Island. Oh well, it's clear this is the main character's business. I'll probably still enjoy it regardless of what I'm saying now lol, looking forward to some insane lightning/fire combos. ^^
Aug 18, 2012 2:30 PM

Dec 2011
I think Rogue and Gajeel will still have their moments on this one.

The way I see it,Sting had his moment,now will be Natsu.I think Rogue will probably do something and have his own moment,when Gajeel will appear and help Natsu by getting his time to shine.Then it will probably end with a draw because of time running out or Natsu and Gajeel will beat S&R together after each member of the fight getting a spotlight.Either that,or the Rogue VS Gajeel thing will get delayed for some other time.

That's what I think that could happen,but who knows.Natsu could end everything on next chapter.
Aug 18, 2012 2:34 PM

Jul 2010
Poor Gajeel lmao.
Aug 18, 2012 8:32 PM

Dec 2007
I loved that face Natsu did when standing up.
Aug 19, 2012 10:02 AM
May 2012
this is so uncanny,
not to mention not what I had in mind...
seriously Gajeel's done already? I was expecting more from him -___-

Wait was Natsu using his brain and memorizing all of Stings attacks!? thats the first. '-' I thought it'd just be like all the other fights Natsu will eat some sort of flame, power up and then finished.

Pretty decent chapter
Aug 19, 2012 10:37 AM

May 2011
The hell's with that promise? That's some shitty motivation. I can't believe that Sting's going to all this trouble for something like that. For that, he deserves to get his ass handed to him.

Natsu using his brain in a fight? Dafuq??

Poor Gajeel and Rogue. They're so under-appreciated. T_T

This chapter was actually really good, intense, captivating, just great, until Natsu got back up. Then it went downhill from there. It's too typical for a shonen story. He can't just destroy every antagonist he comes across with the flick of a finger and cool pose. It's getting old.

-Shuda- said:
Natsu ruined it for me in the end though. Why must Gajeel be shelved again? If anything, I hope Rogue annihilates Natsu for his stupidity.

I'd laugh so hard if that happened. (But it won't).
Aug 21, 2012 3:43 PM

Nov 2010
Arggghhhh, I'm still not happy about all DSs being travel sick. Natsu should have been the one whisked away, Gajeel deserves his moment.

Aug 21, 2012 10:53 PM

Oct 2010
I dont like this arc
Aug 23, 2012 5:49 PM
Jul 2009
remember when sting and natsu saw each when they got to the capitol in ch 265, sting and rogue said they killed a dragon

flashback with lector is still really dumb
Aug 23, 2012 6:48 PM

Jun 2011
snowglobe said:
remember when sting and natsu saw each when they got to the capitol in ch 265, sting and rogue said they killed a dragon

ur dumb
Aug 24, 2012 12:55 AM

Mar 2011
Ghost-Edge said:
Arggghhhh, I'm still not happy about all DSs being travel sick. Natsu should have been the one whisked away, Gajeel deserves his moment.

From point of view this has to be connected to the fact that the more accustomed the get with DS magic the more the become like dragons eventually adapting their characteristics meaning that they get travel sick cuz they are not used to traveling with wheels and stuff but they are far more used to traveling mid-air (hence why when Natsu flies with Happy he doesnt feel sick).

FastWheels said:
snowglobe said:

ur dumb

You are even more dumb to welcome someone new with this kind of attitude. And then people arround here wonder why "the MAL community is like shit".
KanicAug 24, 2012 12:59 AM
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Aug 28, 2012 9:01 AM

Jul 2009
I seriously thought Natsu and Gajeel were done there...it's a little bit ridiculous that they weren't injured though.
Aug 28, 2012 5:46 PM

Aug 2011
Zell182 said:
I seriously thought Natsu and Gajeel were done there...it's a little bit ridiculous that they weren't injured though.I seriously thought Natsu and Gajeel were done there...it's a little bit ridiculous that they weren't injured though.

+1
Sep 8, 2012 5:46 PM

Dec 2008
Well, it took nearly 300 chapters but enough is enough. This series is just a noisome agglomerate of triteness in the hackneyed genre that is shounen. Time to drop it. The plot armour is now too unbearable for me to continue reading.
Sep 7, 2017 10:50 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Gajeel.
Natsu can defeat both of them?
Apr 10, 2018 6:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Natsu wants un 2 Vs. 1 !!!! kekeke
May 12, 9:46 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
stop it with the hype man XD this shit is too good
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 339 Discussion ( 1 2 )

247Eyes - Jul 5, 2013

63 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 333 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mikagura - May 31, 2013

51 by aoo-kun »»
May 23, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 332 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KosmicGuy - May 24, 2013

99 by aoo-kun »»
May 23, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 331 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

skwok-raven - May 17, 2013

110 by aoo-kun »»
May 23, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 329 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darklight0303 - Apr 30, 2013

128 by aoo-kun »»
May 22, 6:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.