Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2008 9:46 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, it's hard to believe it's almost the end of Antique Bakery >_< I hope there's a season 2 T_T !!

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Sep 16, 2008 8:27 AM

May 2008
I know what you mean. The end of this episode really shocked me too. Poor Tachibana; it was probably the WORST thing that could have happened at that point. That woman really irritated me because she let that go on in her house, when it was obvious that if the kid had been hers, she would have prosecuted and thrown many fits. I can't believe her.

I really want to know what happens next episode... Ugh, how are they going to deal with this? I'm just hoping everything turns out well...

I'd like a season 2 too, based on the doujinshis that Fumi Yoshinaga drew for the series, but it would end up as Rx XD; Not that that would be a problem, though!
Sep 16, 2008 9:36 AM

May 2008
I was waiting for Tachibana to get stabbed from behind while waiting for the door the open... Guess slasher movies do mess up the brain a bit :-)

"Krijg toch allemaal de klere. Val van mijn part allemaal dood."
Sep 16, 2008 11:32 AM

Jun 2008
I did not expect that.. not at all..

Sep 16, 2008 11:41 AM

Apr 2008
This episode certainly opens up more questions.
Sep 16, 2008 2:24 PM

May 2008
Navarr said:
I did not expect that.. not at all..

I hope the last episode is going to be amazing.
Sep 16, 2008 2:29 PM

Jun 2008
I knew the conclusion of it being the old guy we saw in episode 10 was too easy. I said it in the discussion for said episode, I swear. Of course, it ain't over yet.

I take the opposite view in that I feel sorry for the poor gal. Those marks on her neck may well be a sign of some abuse having gone on. Maybe it was some sort of reminder as a threat of what should happen if she told. That would explain why she was getting more and more frantic by the time the trail was being picked up. Of course, from her very first horrified expression it was clear she had busted her cover but, damn, that woman is scared. If you've quite possibly been threatened, (and please remember that I'm only going on theory alone here), of course you're going to be terrified and totally freak out not knowing what to do in that situation. Perhaps her becoming so frantic was because she thought she'd completely get the blame and get hurt afterwards. Things like child abuse of every sort, rape and domestic abuse aren't reported because the victims are threatened with horrible concequences of what will happen to them if they tell, and I think this may be something similar. And as this was going on in her house she'd probably be in trouble with the police as well, which would only add to the fear.

... is it me or was that a different woman to the one in the last episode? Or maybe she's just done herself up that differently.

The way his father reacted was strange. Makes me wonder if this was some sort of set up. Through your 'wtf, he's his father' card all you want, but warped stuff happens sometimes.

... of course, looking at SlaughterChichi's comment, this could be something meant to throw us off the trail too. Because anime/manga is like that. The ages don't add up. Or maybe it's some sort of strange father-son thing. Son was molested as child so thinks that's okay ... I don't know. Or a copy cat? Well, they've only got one episode left. They'll have to tell us sooner or later within it. Unless they're like Bee Train, (oh no you don't).

Lulz! Yeah, I over-analyse animation sometimes. And will probably edit this a lot more too.
VickyVSep 16, 2008 2:34 PM
Sep 17, 2008 2:28 AM
May 2007
The way I understood it, the guy that Tachibana found at the end wasn't the one who kidnapped him those years ago. The culprit is too young. There is still a possibility that the guy from the previous episode is Tachibana's kidnapper. I mean, they wouldn't put that scene in if it was totally useless, right?

But what I'm really wondering about it what exactly Tachibana experience when he was kidnapped. From the flashbacks, it looks like the reason why Tachibana is disgusted by gays (and Ono) was because of the kidnapping incident. Did the kidnapper just feed him cake and that was it? Did the kidnapper treat him like his dead son or was it something else?
Sep 17, 2008 3:56 AM

May 2008
Arggh... So manty questions and just one episode left.
Sep 17, 2008 7:13 AM

Apr 2007
This episode made me confuuuuuuused. So maybe that guy at the end was just a sick copy cat freak? Tachibana thought it could've been the guy who kidnapped him but surprise surprise...it wasn't.

The last episode is gonna be dramaful! Unless there's a second season with an epic cliffhanger at the end of this one. ;)

Sep 18, 2008 6:45 PM

May 2008
Wow awesome episode
hope they make another season
cant wait to see the next one
its so depressing its about to end
Sep 19, 2008 9:35 AM
Sep 2008
I forgot how completely riveting the last few chapters were. Haven't picked up my books in ages, and am so dying to~ No peeking DAMN IT.
But its so much fun reliving it all; shouldn't have, but was, shocked by the EP end. I only remember the last chapter of the final volume and I really hope they take a different route.
The unspoken stares by Tachibana to Ono in the beginning was so touching, in a totally non flirtatious manner [Thank you AB for not going for cheap fanservice :)]. Even though he did such a horribly cruel thing, he's also so damn sweet ;_;

Love the SD style that pops up, but damnnnn the art really went downhill in episode 7 [? I think. Eiji & Ono look forever cross eyed]. I want the next one NOW >_<
Sep 21, 2008 9:09 AM

Feb 2008
the story line definitely deserved a praised. It makes me fall in love with this series over and over again.

Sep 23, 2008 1:32 PM
Aug 2007
I don't mean to sound impatient, but when does episode 12 get released? xD
Sep 25, 2008 12:58 AM
May 2007
I was thinking the exact same thing. I want to see how it ends. :)
Sep 27, 2008 12:32 AM

Mar 2007
"That man! That man made me eat cake every day!"

...i mean seriously, how can anyone take this show seriously now. I watched it for the hell of it. And it had a decent backstory about how the owner was kidnapped and forced to eat sweets. But they used that backstory and smeared crap all over the plot.

...so many ways they couldve done this better. I mean steaking out the bakery? And them pinpointing Antique bakery out of ALL the high class bakeries in town? If thats the only high class bakery, how come there was that episode with the bakery expo? Ugh cheese factor was fine, but now its reached new lows.

EDIT: Oh i finally cracked the puzzle @ 14:04 in the episode... I was wondering why they were showing that old lady and that crazy husband :( its obvious he's the one with the lolicon complex. I mean he almost stabbed his wife coz he's unstable. And if this guy just keeps buying cake for someone who isnt there... I sorta f eel stupid not figuring it out till just now but once i figured it out, i let out a pretty loud "Oh jesus christ!" and this is where i am at the moment.
RanivusSep 27, 2008 12:42 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Sep 27, 2008 7:37 AM

Apr 2008
...what
Pretty much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2008 6:20 PM

Jun 2008
Woaah... I was NOT expecting that! o__o
*eyes pop out of head* Youth of 24? wtfh? @__@

Sig WILL change soon~
Oct 4, 2008 7:49 AM

Apr 2008
I am so GAR for Tachibana. Very good episode.
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Oct 20, 2010 11:36 AM

Dec 2008
This was heavy!
Way to go, Tachibana...you saved that boy!!!
Jun 4, 2012 5:57 PM

May 2012
When the detectives were talking about not being profile whatevers, I nearly screamed, "THEN CALL L!" But, y'know, he would've been dead by 2008... :( Veyr good episode, the ending was all :O
Jun 29, 2012 5:09 PM

Jul 2011
I think... I was trolled? o_o

The last episode better explain things!
Oct 17, 2013 11:44 PM
Aug 2011
That was actually quite intense...

So the culprit here was the guy doing the current kidnappings on the news but too young to have been Tachibana's kidnapper?

Onward to the last episode!
Jun 6, 2014 7:05 AM

May 2012
Impressive episode, that ending sure was interesting but well a bit weird for this kind of anime. But well let's see what's next!
Dec 21, 2014 10:25 AM

Jul 2013
So the guy who was doing the kidnappings now is some 24 year old and not Tachibana's kidnapper, well I hope Tachibana's kidnapper gets caught in the next and finale episode!

At least Tachibana got there in time to save that kid.

I was not expecting all this kidnapping storyline from this anime, I thought it was just going to be a nice gay cake shop anime and not turn out to be so dark at times.
Aug 31, 2021 3:11 PM
Aug 2020
It got so creepy all of a sudden, I expected the woman to stab Tachibana or try to do something... glad the boy is safe now ;____;

Also that must be so traumatizing for Tachibana

More topics from this board

Poll: » Antique Bakery Episode 12 Discussion

Cyrius - Sep 25, 2008

41 by Ten »»
Apr 23, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Antique Bakery Episode 3 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jul 18, 2008

34 by misscherie »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:19 AM

Poll: » Antique Bakery Episode 6 Discussion

Axersia - Aug 9, 2008

29 by serina7 »»
May 29, 2022 10:16 AM

» List of desserts shown on each episode ending of Antique Bakery

IridescentJaune - Nov 27, 2021

0 by IridescentJaune »»
Nov 27, 2021 7:00 AM

Poll: » Antique Bakery Episode 8 Discussion

juu - Aug 25, 2008

25 by AozoraAi »»
Oct 13, 2021 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.