Forum Settings
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2012 1:58 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Same picture ...
Same picture ... Always the same and the same ...
Always ...
And she kissed him ...
And she finally leave this world. :(
Jan 30, 2012 2:43 PM

Nov 2011
i hope there'll be a few good fight from now on cuz the last few chapters was a tiny bit annoying :D but ok Mr. harem king needs bit rest too ...
Jan 30, 2012 2:58 PM

Jan 2009
Oh man, the class roster was a nice touch and it wasn't even the best part of the chapter.
Those last pages were really powerful... Asuna. 。・゚(ノД`)゚・。
Jan 30, 2012 3:04 PM

Aug 2009
Asuna is gone and the manga is still going to continue?
Jan 30, 2012 3:09 PM

Dec 2010
Last few pages were touching; all though a bit depressing if the time skip of 100 years actually goes through. Didn't expect the kiss but it was a nice touch, along with when she said she would wait for him and he should be a Magister Magi when he comes to meet her.

SoFarGone said:

No, I'm fairly sure there will either be a time skip or something will occur to interrupt the process of Asuna "sleeping".
Jan 30, 2012 3:11 PM

Aug 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:
Last few pages were touching; all though a bit depressing if the time skip of 100 years actually goes through. Didn't expect the kiss but it was a nice touch, along with when she said she would wait for him and he should be a Magister Magi when he comes to meet her.

SoFarGone said:

No, I'm fairly sure there will either be a time skip or something will occur to interrupt the process of Asuna "sleeping".

ah a timeskip, why not every shounen out there has a timeskip.
Jan 30, 2012 3:36 PM

May 2008
hopefully there a timeskip!
Jan 30, 2012 4:11 PM

Jul 2008
5 years timeskip please.

The plot is not resolved, there's still some element I want to see:

-Nagi's past after he saved his woman and before we last saw him as the MoB
-Chao's promise to met again (From Chao this must be something meaninfull especially since we'll enter an arc about the future of the world which might be what Chao tried to stop).
-How will human accept magic and mage accept to be with 'weak' human, this could lead to some interesting scenario.
-Negi's body state (We have no way to confirm that he is actually immortal as it was implied that he might not, with a few years timeskip we'll probably be settled)
Jan 30, 2012 4:27 PM

Feb 2008
my speculation is that it'll take a few years to make a time manipulation dimension, not unlike the Villa Eva owned, remember the one in which minutes pass by in reality but days pass by in the villa?

She could probably make a reverse one, but it'll most likely happen after everyone has done something towards saving the worlds, and basically, what I'm saying is, everyone will be older, and then meet up after a hundred years, practically the same age, after going on various adventures and helping out one another, they'll eventually be at a point in their lives were they can justify going into the villa, and warping to the future~
Jan 30, 2012 4:46 PM

Jul 2008
LonerGoth said:
my speculation is that it'll take a few years to make a time manipulation dimension, not unlike the Villa Eva owned, remember the one in which minutes pass by in reality but days pass by in the villa?

She could probably make a reverse one, but it'll most likely happen after everyone has done something towards saving the worlds, and basically, what I'm saying is, everyone will be older, and then meet up after a hundred years, practically the same age, after going on various adventures and helping out one another, they'll eventually be at a point in their lives were they can justify going into the villa, and warping to the future~

I would like this way.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Negi was the one that created the time travel machine/theory that Chao used to come to the real world.
Jan 30, 2012 6:00 PM

Oct 2008
I actually think that Nagi and Arika somehow knows how to save the world without the houndred years condition, but Negi has to beat Nagi and kill him (as it was stated at the end of the Magic World Arc)... something will happen, Negi beats his father, and Asuna will be able to assist to the graduation, and Negi will confess to her. Happy Ending.

Anyway, it is just my simplistic theory.
Jan 31, 2012 1:57 AM

Oct 2010
Maddo_scientisto said:
5 years timeskip please.

-Chao's promise to met again (From Chao this must be something meaninfull especially since we'll enter an arc about the future of the world which might be what Chao tried to stop).
-How will human accept magic and mage accept to be with 'weak' human, this could lead to some interesting scenario.
-Negi's body state (We have no way to confirm that he is actually immortal as it was implied that he might not, with a few years timeskip we'll probably be settled)

About Negi`s body - it was said that he IS indeed immortal as he is the same or close kind of existence as Evangeline, but he still might age a bit before all the effects kick in. The Author left a loophole for himself to change Negi`s appearance after a timeskiip. So even if Negi matures a bit - that doesn`t mean he`ll continue to age further.

As for Chao - i personally don`t care whether she is gone forever or not. But there are a lot of characters, whose past and future are quite intriguing. I demand long and detailed flashbacks for: Evangeline (this is a MUST - you actually can make a separate manga about her, she definitely had her fair share of adventures), Mana (also has probably interesting past, Nagi (between saving Arika and disappearance).
As for the future - i`d like to see some drama about Negi being a Dark Mage, i`m sure there are some fractions on Earth, that oppouse any black magic. To begin with, we have very little information on magical politics on Earth - what fractions there are, how do they correlate with countries and religions, what role did mages play in the conflicts of the past etc.
Jan 31, 2012 7:02 AM

Jun 2010
Aaand good riddance.

This manga tries really hard to be both ecchi-funny and plot-dramatic - and fails miserably. A bunch of teenage girls drooling over a ten-year old on one page (seriously, it's actually kind of disgusting) and suddenly saving the world on the next one. As a result I don't feel either the "funny" or the "serious". They don't even give us any explanations for what's going on lately. "It's magic, don't ask".

Still, there may be something in this manga, considering the fact I'm still reading it. Hopefully it'll end soon (seems like it may) and the author will come up with something better.
Jan 31, 2012 7:42 AM

Jul 2008
Durmanstainer said:
Maddo_scientisto said:
5 years timeskip please.

About Negi`s body - it was said that he IS indeed immortal as he is the same or close kind of existence as Evangeline, but he still might age a bit before all the effects kick in. The Author left a loophole for himself to change Negi`s appearance after a timeskiip. So even if Negi matures a bit - that doesn`t mean he`ll continue to age further.

No, if you go reread the chapter they talked about it they said that Negi's body regenerate like Evangeline's but also that it didn't automaticly means that Negi's body will stop to age and that they'll need to wait a few years to be sure of that.
Negi didn't become the same as Eva, he became something similar.
Eva was transformed directly into a daywalker by the mage of beggining while Negi's body adapted to Magia Erebea and since we know that Magia erebea is bad for the body then it would actually makes sense for his body to have adapted to that only consequence.
Negi ain't a daywalker and he might be not be able to age anymore but it can't be taken as a fact for now.
Jan 31, 2012 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
Now I really have no idea where this manga is going...

"Life is always a continuation of unpreparedness" - Evangline A.K. McDowell
Jan 31, 2012 7:50 AM

Nov 2009
The chapter ended well enough, but as far as what will happen next i am all for a time skip. I am in favor of the idea of everyone growing up a little bit, and they basically ignored Asuna for a hundred chapters already, so why not again?

I'm interested in where this will lead us, but in the end it depends what the mangaka will focus on next.
Feb 1, 2012 2:42 PM

Mar 2009
T_T it was such a good chapter... props to the mangaka for such a good "good bye"...
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Feb 2, 2012 2:57 AM

Mar 2011
Good Bye Asuna.

Right, lets get some face time with other supporting characters!

has anyone NOT got a pactio card yet?
Feb 2, 2012 9:40 AM
Aug 2010
eworm said:
Aaand good riddance.

This manga tries really hard to be both ecchi-funny and plot-dramatic - and fails miserably. A bunch of teenage girls drooling over a ten-year old on one page (seriously, it's actually kind of disgusting) and suddenly saving the world on the next one. As a result I don't feel either the "funny" or the "serious". They don't even give us any explanations for what's going on lately. "It's magic, don't ask".

Still, there may be something in this manga, considering the fact I'm still reading it. Hopefully it'll end soon (seems like it may) and the author will come up with something better.

I agree with most of what you said.

The Melodrama is so unnecessary and it's one of the biggest reasons why this once beloved manga is now just another shitty, generic, shounen.

Ken lost all respect around the middle of the Magic world arc, when it became crystal clear he was making shit up as he went along.

I sincerely miss the days when Negima was genuinely fun.

Innoxious said:
Now I really have no idea where this manga is going...

I've had this feeling for such a long time I don't even remember the last time I could properly understand Negima :/

lordzenchi said:
T_T it was such a good chapter... props to the mangaka for such a good "good bye"...

I agree it was a good chapter, but Ken doesn't deserve any praise whatsoever.

He's turned Negima into a never ending, bullshit, generic shounen when it was originally something so much greater.
Feb 3, 2012 9:12 AM

Jan 2008
Expecting 100 year time skip. Lmao. Every other shounens doing it, seems to be the fad right now.
Feb 3, 2012 7:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Apparently not. 355 will be the last chapter of the series. It's finished.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 7 Discussion

-DxP- - Jun 1

0 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 6 Discussion

-DxP- - Jun 1

0 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 3 Discussion

-DxP- - Jun 1

0 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 2 Discussion

animalia - Jun 26, 2016

1 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 1 Discussion

Vegaplus - Jan 5, 2011

5 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 7:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.