Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2012 1:16 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

More back story, and Ayeka is starting to fall for Tenchi.

Ryo-Ohki joins the crew to become Sasami's new sidekick.

So the guy in this one is Tenchi's grandpa?
He looks just like his dad, except grey hair.

Needz Moar Girlz...

Urahara Out!!
Sep 26, 2013 7:31 AM

Aug 2012
Ryo-Ohki is sooo cute ^-^ Thats so interesting that a spaceship hatches from an egg into this bunny-like creature~ I don't know if I've seen anything like that!

I really loved the flashback between Yosho and Ayeka <3
Jan 19, 2015 5:43 PM

Sep 2014
A good break and overall character ep. Ep 3.

Pros:

Development: Here we see Ayeka's growing admiration of Tenchi as well as her rising above the issues she had on ep 2. It was greatly paced and overall heartwarming.

Reveal: The Funaho tree got us a cool flashback of Ryoko vs Yosho and how the sealing happened. It would've been awesome if that became an extra OVA. That would satisfy the action quota for three ovas.

4/5. It was good for relationships and some hints for things to come.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jun 4, 2015 3:12 AM

Jan 2012
That cat will be a spaceship in future,ok.

Oct 5, 2015 5:09 AM

Nov 2013
No new character introductions in this third episode, but to make up for that, they supplied us with background information on how the sealing of Ryouko by Yosho came to be and some character development between Aeka and Tenchi (Yes! Thank you, creators, for granting my deepest wish <3).

We also learn in this episode that spaceships are born into this world in the form of an egg... yes, that's indeed correct, in the world of Tenchi Muyou! spaceships lay eggs when they /die/, to be able to reproduce. So, to all Ryououki fans out there, he's still with us, in the form of a rabbit...
"No matter how wonderful a memory is, there comes a time when you have to move on and start living in the present. Dwelling on past happiness doesn't bring true happiness. You don't need to fill your arms with happy memories from the past. There's plenty of happiness right in front of you. Just reach out and grab it. I want us to look towards the future together." --- Yaya Hanatsu
Sep 8, 2016 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
Rewatching this all over again, I can't stop laugh from this part ahaha

Jan 28, 2019 2:45 PM

Jun 2011
I'm only three episodes in and Ayeka is annoying the heck out of me. Like girl, stop mourning over this freaking guy so darn much. Doesn't help since all of the characters here are quite mediocre due to them either being just brats or crybabies or stupid or all of the above.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jan 25, 2020 8:18 AM

Jun 2015
Lots of lore this episode, including explanation about that tree. And some social bonding between Tenchi and Ayeka.
And Ayeka even recognizes marrying a half-brother is weird.
Jan 26, 2020 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
Need me a Ryo-Ohki plush asap, she's too cute!
Sep 2, 2020 7:30 PM
May 2020
It was a good episode for Ayeka's character development, but I am still confused as to whether or not she understands that it has been "supposedly" centuries since her fiancé of a half-brother crash-landed on Earth. What is even more confusing is how her younger sister, Sasami, seems to have no cares for the disappearance of her half-brother Yosho.
Jul 25, 2022 3:43 PM

Dec 2015
Grandpa gots some explaining to do. He blocked a punch from Ryoko. Knowing her she wasn't holding back. She even tested if she had gotten weaker on the stairs and smashed them.

It'll take some time for Aeka to come to terms with Yosho being gone.

さま・Sama? 私→わたくし・Watakushi?
Yep Aeka is definitely the princess(お嬢様) type.
Mar 16, 2023 8:55 PM

Jul 2015
3 episodes with no nudity and then... the first frame in the preview is Ryouko naked.

Jul 26, 2023 1:51 PM
Mar 2017
ryo-ohki is ridiculously cute. this episode had good vibes.
Jul 27, 2023 8:37 PM

Jul 2017
Rewatching this episode really reminded me of how funny and also touching this show is. The scene with Ryoko's egg is amazing comedy gold, and Tenchi's interactions with Ayeka throughout the episode, especially in the rain and the comparisons to Yosho, help create something wonderful.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 6 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Jan 2, 2012

10 by satyrelfheim »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 5 Discussion

animalia - Aug 1, 2014

11 by satyrelfheim »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 4 Discussion

ScrewBall - May 19, 2010

12 by satyrelfheim »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 2 Discussion

9 by satyrelfheim »»
Jul 27, 2023 8:35 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 1 Discussion

19 by satyrelfheim »»
Jul 27, 2023 8:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.