Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2012 3:20 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great ending!
It was awesome to see a taste of Tenchi's true powers!

Wahsu is great and seems like she'll be a good addition to the cast.
I can see this is only the beginning.
I can't wait to see where this is going!

Urahara Out!!
Jan 19, 2015 7:53 PM

Sep 2014
And that's that. And it was good. Ep 6 finale.

Pros:

Battles: SHowcased here were the different styles in which our charas. fight. Ryoko doing the most damage thanks to her warrior woman style. Ayeka's surprisingly defense made fighting style. Even Mihoshi is quite good at multiple fire arms and a strange dimension shift device. Even Tenchi showed some chops but admittedly he's not that good.

Reveals: Washu. Ryoko's mother/creator alongside the gems and Ryo-ouki. SHe's pretty fun for a mad scientist. And her abilities make for a fun mystery.Tsunami is also an amazing reveal despite showing up for a small time.

Tenchi: Dude's got made power. Slicing a whole space ship in half? All sword users would be proud.

Ending: It was satisfactory and wrapped up the 2 part arc. It left the audience wanting more considering all the questions and new plots that can be made with this cast.

Technicals: Music and animation style was great and made the ova seem like a true movie in how the shading and moving worked.

5/5. It was a good run overall.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jun 4, 2015 3:12 AM

Jan 2012
lol dat overpower ,still he is funny. 6/10 ova

Oct 6, 2015 6:29 AM

Nov 2013
And last but not least, the scientist Washuu is introduced and later on also joins the harem of Tenchi. This episode in general contains a lot of drama and action, altogether, since everyone assumes that Tenchi is dead, killed by Kagato. Though, in the beginning of the episode, we see him being resurrected (?) by Tsunami, another character that was introduced here, but sadly, not much is explained about who she actually is, besides her being the same as Ryououki, a spaceship.

Like I said, this episode contains a lot of action, so we see some more of the true powers of Ryouko, Aeka, Mihoshi and, for the first time, Washuu as well.

Oh, and if you thought that Tenchi was utterly useless, at the end of the episode his true powers are revealed: he can shield himself by creating ´Light Hawk Wings` and attack by transforming objects into, for example here, a sword. One hell of a development, I say! I mean, he just casually sliced a gigantic spaceship in two, which is not something just about anybody can do...

And poor Ryouko, she couldn't be the first one to hug him after the fight was over. Well, ganbaruzo, Ryōko-chan!! (頑張るぞ、魎呼ちゃん!!)
"No matter how wonderful a memory is, there comes a time when you have to move on and start living in the present. Dwelling on past happiness doesn't bring true happiness. You don't need to fill your arms with happy memories from the past. There's plenty of happiness right in front of you. Just reach out and grab it. I want us to look towards the future together." --- Yaya Hanatsu
Oct 10, 2016 2:43 AM

Dec 2015
All the things surounding Tenchi and some technology elements (ship dimensions, ship AI, royal technique with the grey skin) became rather weird but it helped to make an unpredictable battle who looked very good too.

4/5 A lot of things coming out of seemingly nowhere in a big finale.

An apparent mess made of shintoism,sci-fi and love triangle comedy.Very fun and nicely drawn.

Score: 7/10
Jan 28, 2020 6:43 PM

Nov 2017
Ahhhh, they save the best character for last!

I love Washu. She's smart, funny and cute! She's the reason I became so interested in science and wanted to do well in all my classes!
Sep 5, 2020 6:03 PM
May 2020
This was a greatly executed finale to a six-part ova! I felt like the space fantasy (it is too whimsical to be science fiction) were quite unique and creative! Maybe it is because it is shorter, but I felt like this ova focuses more on the alien magic than Tenchi Universe did.
Nov 1, 2021 7:38 AM
Jan 2019
I really love the sci fi design in this Anime. Looks so unique. And animation and battles surrounding it are fantastic.

Somehow, i enjoyed the animation in this anime much more than modern anime. Especially lightsabers and blasting animations, they feel so amazing...
Jan 11, 2022 9:05 AM
May 2020
Man I love Ryouko she is so cute
Jul 27, 2022 6:19 PM

Dec 2015
Leave it to Kagato to play his own boss music before they show up. In retrospect they should have taken Kagato out if they had this equipment already. Oh well they "need Tenchi" after all to end this.

Washu is in this?! Man they pulled out all stops with this one and we got some more info on Ryoko (wonder why she thought she was alone for 2000 years). Guess Kagato locked Washu away. Luckily Mitsuho was there to break her out. Clumsiness pays off sometimes.

So many questions from this one episode alone. This was fun to see but I'd like to see it more fleshed out. Off to the TV series that came after this.
Aug 17, 2023 8:27 PM

Jul 2017
Amazing end! The fight scenes were awesome, and the development of the setting and characters gives the audience so much in such a short time without it being overwhelming. I love how deep and mysterious this episode makes the Tenchi universe feel, and, when I first saw it back on Toonami, it made me want to see more and inspired me to think of my own ideas. The comedy is really good here, even with this being a dramatic episode, with the interplay between Mihoshi and Washu being perfect! Also the ending is played for laughs as a deus ex machina joke, sort of a "whoops we are out of time!" Also, tons of Star Wars stuff with this one and the last one.

Amazing series!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 5 Discussion

animalia - Aug 1, 2014

11 by satyrelfheim »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 4 Discussion

ScrewBall - May 19, 2010

12 by satyrelfheim »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 3 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Jan 2, 2012

13 by satyrelfheim »»
Jul 27, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 2 Discussion

9 by satyrelfheim »»
Jul 27, 2023 8:35 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Episode 1 Discussion

19 by satyrelfheim »»
Jul 27, 2023 8:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.