Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2011 4:25 AM

May 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, it seems Nanamine has played his card.
What does this mean for Ashirogi Muto?
Aug 21, 2011 4:51 AM

Dec 2010
Naokohiro said:
Well, it seems Nanamine has played his card.
What does this mean for Ashirogi Muto?

It means they will try to kick Nanamine's ass, which will fail until ten chapter.
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Aug 21, 2011 4:56 AM

Apr 2010
Bakuman has too much 'death note' in it, isn't it? I can't see the original story line anymore.. Bakuman is losing the charm it got ><
Plue-samaAug 21, 2011 5:30 AM
Aug 21, 2011 5:26 AM
Apr 2008
The idea is pretty cool, but I bet this time Nanamine's going to fall because of financial stuff. It's been pretty heavily implied already with how Takagi is commenting on him making a giant loss and stuff.

Tbh, I'd love sitting in that cafe though, being paid to read manga. 8)

And tbh, I dunno. Although I loved the original storyline to bits, I also liked the previous Nanamine arc a lot (better then all the Aoki drama for example), and I think that this arc can be really great too.
Aug 21, 2011 5:30 AM

Apr 2010
I liked the first nanamine arc, it was good, but again nanamine? and crazier than ever.. It's just not fun..

And the Aoki drama with the fat guy (i can't remember his name >< ) was too much..
Aug 21, 2011 5:31 AM

Aug 2009
Bakuman Recycling. :(

Nanamine U Failed Already, Y U No Learn you're Lesson.

Aug 21, 2011 7:56 AM
Aug 2010
Nanamine now closely resembles Death Note's Light more than ever (hair, face, and attitude).
His return as a villain (again) when he's supposed to have turned a new leaf makes another unique situation in this manga.
Aug 21, 2011 8:56 AM

Jun 2010
Nananime probably considers them his friends in his own twisted logic, and given the flashback a cliche friendship ending seems inevitable.
Aug 21, 2011 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
I don't really like this arc at all so far. Nanamine is back too soon. this whole plan is way too contrived, all this effort with a buncha old guys and lots of money just to beat them? isn't admitting he can't beat them himself already admitting defeat?

seems like we are stuck with this rather lame storyline until Eiji starts back again.

I can't see this going well if they tell the editors which they should. there has to be something against a system like this.

spoiled rich kid gets big idea and fails. spoiled rich kid asks daddy for money to use other people to beat his rival again. yawn. what happened to getting an anime? what happened to Hiramaru and the other better side characters?
Aug 21, 2011 9:03 AM

Nov 2008
It not bad but it's like I want to see other things except of this..
Aug 21, 2011 9:29 AM

Sep 2008
So, is Ashirogi Muto getting an anime?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2011 11:37 AM

Sep 2009
1 big hit should be enough to pay off hundreds ofemployees + office?
even a hit on one piece scale would need many years to come close to pay off such a debt
Devils don't ask Gods for favors!
My Youtube Channel with german Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/belarion87
LP: SMW Hacks, Terranigma 2, Aquaria
Aug 21, 2011 12:06 PM

Jan 2008
They've created a monsteeeeeeer!
Aug 21, 2011 12:28 PM

Feb 2011
All I have to say about this chapter:

COMIC HUSTLER

Nah but honestly, it was an pretty good chapter. Although nothing that new was presented to us it was quite entertaining to watch Takagi's and Mashiro's reactions to Nanamine's plan lol.

But I can't deny that I rather feel sorry for Nanamine to have to go through all this just so he can beat the people he admires...so it makes it kinda hard for me to view him as a 'villain' /:

Oh and btw...Is it just me or is Bakuman starting to have more text than illustrations recently? xd
Aug 21, 2011 1:07 PM

Apr 2009
This whole affair seems pretty out-there for Bakuman... Too improbable and weird. But oh well, I'll roll with it.
Aug 21, 2011 1:49 PM
Nov 2010
Well I guess this arc isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it is starting to loose It's style...
Anywho I think it'd be funny if when they get their Hit manga that's supposed to keep them from debt published Nizuma would show up with some new awesome story. Where is he?
Aug 21, 2011 2:49 PM

Jan 2010
Anyone hoping that by some weird plot, Eiji and Usomine meet? They have completely different ways of thinking, I'd like to see what would happen between them XD.

Also, where is Kosugi-san! The uke editor needs to snap Nanamine out of it again
Aug 21, 2011 2:50 PM

Mar 2010
Nanamine is such a sad man.
I want work like that too. Reading manga and gettng paid for this .
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Aug 21, 2011 3:16 PM
Apr 2011
I want this side story to end as soon as possible Takagi is marred for some time but we dont see his personal life and the other guy (forgot the name lol ) I want development their. For me the wast 30 or so chapters were very uninteresting and the author always says that manga need to be interesting,I thing he should do something about that.
Aug 21, 2011 7:55 PM

Dec 2008
I'm waiting for that unexpected moment where Kaya says she's pregnant... But it's weird, they've been married for years, and we've barely seen any kiss or romance.

I want Eiji and Nanamine to meet.
Aug 21, 2011 8:12 PM

Dec 2009
Where the fuck is my moe megane editor? Fuck this gay earth.
Your favorite anime is shit.
Aug 21, 2011 8:47 PM

Jun 2008
Well I hope I'm not the only one who lol'd while reading this chapter.
Aug 21, 2011 11:26 PM

May 2011
Daaaaamn. He's using their own words against them in this whole, overly-elaborate scheme. That's gotta be like a slap in the face.

I don't like this Nanamine arc because it's too soon and too boring, but this chapter wasn't half-bad. Granted, now the rest is going to a cliche manga-battle, Ashirogi wins, Nanamine falls into debt, they're all friends, and then back to the plot. I hope it gets more interesting than that.
Aug 22, 2011 3:13 AM
Jun 2011
Whew, It was Nanamine..
Aug 22, 2011 7:46 AM

Jul 2009
Somebody should do what Nanamine is doing in real life.
Aug 22, 2011 8:09 AM

Dec 2007
Cant Nanamine just buy jump for that money and be the editor in chief himself? <.<
Overall, seems like a boring chapter, mostly because its very predictable what will happen aKa nanamine's company will publish more manga that gets very popular and in about 10+ chapters it will all begin to fall apart for some reason.
Aug 22, 2011 12:34 PM

Oct 2008
I really don't like Nanamine so to me this arc looks like its going to be quite boring.. I wish he would just learn his lesson already and then we can move on to some other stuff.
Aug 22, 2011 2:18 PM

Apr 2011
That's your only goal? Well, this sucks...
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
Aug 22, 2011 3:39 PM

Jun 2008
I fucking love Nanamine. :')
Aug 23, 2011 1:00 PM

Jul 2007
Zell182 said:
Somebody should do what Nanamine is doing in real life.

I feel the same way. Just so we can how well it really could do. I feel like, however, it'd turn the manga industry into the current anime industry with the majority of series being relatively similar & playing off the same genre and/or theme with basically minor changes. The small minority that are produced "the traditional way" will be more unique and sell better in the end though. However, this still means Nanamine's company COULD be stable but I'm not sure enough of the amount of money being forced into the "stability" of the company to say if they'd really have enough to keep going.

I'm just sure that their company could never make any big hits; just the same old crap with minor changes. =/
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Aug 23, 2011 1:47 PM

Jun 2008
Evidently said:
I'm waiting for that unexpected moment where Kaya says she's pregnant... But it's weird, they've been married for years, and we've barely seen any kiss or romance.

I want Eiji and Nanamine to meet.

Haha, yeah. It's weird how we've barely seen anything romantic, but I don't really care. Romance in this story for me would be meh... It would be cool to see Kaya pregnant, I don't think Takagi would mind either.

Nanamine should meet Eiji. >.< I think Eiji would like scold him or something though. Nanamine took the story, "Money and Intelligence," too seriously...
HEY!
Aug 24, 2011 12:53 AM

Nov 2008
So basically the point of this chapter was basically to say that Ashirogi Muto "created" Nanamine with their first work. XP

His plan sounds...wow. It sounds like a set up more suitable for film production, actually. =/
Aug 25, 2011 2:03 AM

Jun 2011
Bakazuki said:
So basically the point of this chapter was basically to say that Ashirogi Muto "created" Nanamine with their first work. XP

His plan sounds...wow. It sounds like a set up more suitable for film production, actually. =/

I can't help but be awed by how Nanami acted. That was a great plan, also considered dirty making him the villain. Pretty smooth.

@Bakazuki Yeah basically that is what I think the chapter's trying to tell us. It all goes back to their first work in the end.
Aug 26, 2011 9:29 PM

Nov 2007
Ooh, Ashirogi created the monster that is Nanamine! He will have to be crushed again, though. Hopefully it's Eiji that does it. <3
Sep 6, 2011 11:45 PM

May 2008
Fail. wasting money open a MacDonalds instead.
Dec 14, 2011 7:43 AM

Jun 2011
Poor Ashirogi Muto, 2 of their mangas influenced some people in a bad way.. -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 12, 2012 8:21 PM

Oct 2008
So now it's their fault that Nanamine became like this. But who in their right mind would actually think that money and intelligence could be applied in real life? He's so twisted. Of course Ashirogi would feel responsible about this again. I wonder what they're gonna do this time.
Apr 2, 2017 5:18 PM

Jan 2016
Wow, so they were the one's that actually "created" Nanamine.!

Not gonna lie, his company idea is nice. He should go completely independent from Jump. That is, if he doesn't get completely destroyed financially first.
Nov 22, 2021 1:05 PM

Dec 2007
only ohba can make a character in bakuman world following his favourite manga to make it reality so he could beat the authors who made that manga. lol.
seriously, nonamine is just sick man.
and once again, he did the wrong thing showing mashiro and takagi his "method".

it just me or though this chapter was lot of dialogue but kinda short?
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Jun 2021
OMG, Nanamine is insane, he's thinking in another level, i know that this is a battle story disguised as a slice of life / workplace manga but this....this is INSAAAAAAAAAAAANE
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 168 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Feb 22, 2012

52 by Adriannitro »»
May 6, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.