Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2011 1:04 PM

Apr 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
it's out ... so go watch it and stuff.

Good episode with a lot of action, I liked Mastermind dominating Wolverine (even though he's supposed to be exceptionally hard to mind-control) and setting him on the rest of the party. It reminded me of DnD, oddly enough. Hopefully more action next episode and some revelations of what Yui's doing and what she's keeping in the vault (prolly a giant monster from what the series has given so far).

EDIT: Anyone seen the new X-Men film? The new movie costumes kinda resemble the ones in the anime, and both Emma and Beast are in it this time around (Wolverine also has a hilarious cameo, as does a loli Ororo). No Cyclopsu, but it does have his brother, Havok.

4/5

Mod Edit: Fixed poll.
KinetaJun 7, 2022 10:29 AM
Jun 4, 2011 1:23 PM

Aug 2009
I think that this ep is the best so far
Hmmm, looks like Hisako has a thing for Wolverine ^_^
Jun 4, 2011 3:59 PM

Nov 2008
Those underlings of Mastermind made the other marvel superheroes look pathetic. lol That fluid dude wont die I guess

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 4, 2011 4:20 PM

Jun 2010
DenjaX said:
Those underlings of Mastermind made the other marvel superheroes look pathetic. lol That fluid dude wont die I guess

Unless they boil him. Worked in Ghost Rider if you've seen it.

I would've have thought that Beast was a fighter since I always see him behind a computer, but he's ridiculously strong. I can see Hisako and Wolverine kinda have like a father-daughter thing going on while she's not home. I thought that the truth behind Emma's appearance would be shown at the end, but I guess they revealed it early.

Jun 4, 2011 6:47 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah, Hisano has the hots for Wolverine XD LOL, poor guy, he's hundreds of years old yet the teen girls won't stop falling for him. Kitty, Jubilee, Hisano, even Rogue in the films. I guess they're turned on by the bike and the badass attitude.

And yeah, Beast is a badass :D He's pretty restricted to close-in combat because of his powers, but he's got superhuman strength and agility in addition to his superhuman intellect. The downside was he looked bulky and clumsy, until an attempt to make himself look more 'normal' created the blue-furred beast we know and love.
Jun 5, 2011 12:44 AM

Jan 2011
did the animation quality go down this episode?
Jun 5, 2011 2:32 PM

Jun 2008
Well this last two episodes where kind of exciting. Finally is starting to improve.
Mastermind confirm as the guy fooling Cyclops.

Btw why didn't Emma use telepathy to stop Wolverines craziness?
MonadJun 5, 2011 2:57 PM
Jun 5, 2011 9:04 PM

Feb 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:
did the animation quality go down this episode?

+1

WTF with the qualty, look's terrible, way to terrible, Did the one who draw die or something?, They run out of money?, srlsy WTF!

IF ep 10 keep this quality gona drop it
ArpadiamJun 5, 2011 9:16 PM

Jun 6, 2011 10:32 AM

May 2009
What's wrong with this poll? Kill it with fire? Lol, sure, we need an option like that! But not now, cause this was a pretty awesome episode! And there wasn't any animation quality drop, imo. I've got two major issues though:

1) Why Mastermind decided to spit out everything? I mean, of course every villain has to revealy his dastardly plan to the hero (btw, that's a stupid cliché). And it's not like Mastermind has to reveal everything because the heros are threatening to kill him, he can still win this fight.

2) Why no one fought Mastermind when he controlled Wolverine? He was the one who controlled him, so I guess if he's defeated or stunned the control over Logan is over. However, Scott went for the hard way as everyone else. Since Storm was free, why didn't she use her power to shock Mastermind?
Jun 6, 2011 1:02 PM

Feb 2008
Arashi89 said:
What's wrong with this poll? Kill it with fire? Lol, sure, we need an option like that! But not now, cause this was a pretty awesome episode! And there wasn't any animation quality drop, imo. I've got two major issues though:

Are you blind or something?, are you looking the same show?, really ,look again ep 8 and then ep 9, the quality of the characters have a huge drop

Jun 6, 2011 2:44 PM

Jan 2008
1. Video quality fell a little. Not HORRIBLE, but worse then the first episode.
2. Jason is a dick, no shock there.
3. Pretty cool action scenes. Beast's "Am I interrupting" followed by grabbing the guy by the neck was pretty cool.
4. Hisako's cute flirting was adorable.
Jun 7, 2011 1:02 PM

Nov 2007
what's with all the crappy anime original characters besides Mastermind? "Mash" ? they can't even give the other one a name. this plot is pretty bad. Yui's kid is either targeting The Professor or the one behind that room. Hisako is still really annoying and flirting with Wolverine is beyond creepy. guy is really really old and has gotten more than she ever could.
Jun 10, 2011 10:04 AM

Apr 2011
poor Logan, seriously :D
Nov 10, 2011 12:24 PM

Dec 2010
13man18 said:
DenjaX said:

Unless they boil him. Worked in Ghost Rider if you've seen it.

I would've have thought that Beast was a fighter since I always see him behind a computer, but he's ridiculously strong. I can see Hisako and Wolverine kinda have like a father-daughter thing going on while she's not home. I thought that the truth behind Emma's appearance would be shown at the end, but I guess they revealed it early.

Yeah, the truth about Emma was revealed in a kinda lame way(like we haven't suspected Jason already) but w/e. The red space seems especially cool to me, I'm just wondering if it's other dimension or just a telepatic... dimension. And about Mastermind's deception on Logan... yeah, I kinda got surprised too(btw, I expected him to put an illusion on everyone).
Dec 18, 2011 5:48 PM

Aug 2010
Wow! I loved this episode. The best yet! Honestly, I thought the animation was very good, and the fights were well-handled. I don't like Mastermind, but his methods work.

Now I can't wait for the next one.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 2, 2012 7:56 PM
Dec 2009
Am I the only one that feels about Mastermind's motivation on framing Emma Frost being very weak? I felt it just rub me the wrong way. I really don't understand as to why he would want to frame Emma.
Apr 18, 2012 11:23 PM

Nov 2008
I didn't have major issues with this episode (aside from the animation quality drop). It was very exciting and with nice details. Yes, I loved Hisako's flirting!!
Dec 12, 2019 7:01 PM

Aug 2017
Ok, this episode made me laugh. Everything was so cringe to watch especially when the bad guy is just talking about nonsense stuff. At least the dumb drama between Emma and Scott was resolved in this episode.
NurguburuAug 3, 2021 10:10 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 20, 1:14 AM
Jun 2022
First So So Episode Though Putting Wolvie Down Was Amusing

More topics from this board

Poll: » X-Men Episode 2 Discussion

kisami - Apr 9, 2011

42 by Hayley2877 »»
May 7, 1:51 PM

Poll: » X-Men Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

darkxdestiny - Apr 1, 2011

101 by Hayley2877 »»
May 7, 1:31 PM

Poll: » X-Men Episode 12 Discussion

darkxdestiny - Jun 25, 2011

43 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 20, 11:20 AM

Poll: » X-Men Episode 11 Discussion

13man18 - Jun 18, 2011

16 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 20, 1:44 AM

Poll: » X-Men Episode 10 Discussion

belatkuro - Jun 11, 2011

17 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 20, 1:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.