Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2011 8:32 PM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What striked me about this episode was the glasses dude. He's like Weevil from Yu-gi-oh; they both use insect type cards and wear glasses. Plus Kai is such a tsundere and he knows it.
Feb 25, 2011 8:36 PM

Mar 2009
yeah I was about to make that similarity. It be nice if Aichi were a girl now trying to win Kai's attention but seeing how its from the same creators as yu-gi-oh! were gonna have a bunch of yaoi.
Feb 25, 2011 10:26 PM

Feb 2011
I still don't understand how Wingal and Floogal have more attack than that mechanical dog with the sword in it's mouth.

Anyway, good fight although I knew Aichi would win so he could have his season finale fight with Kai.
Feb 25, 2011 11:47 PM

Jun 2010
When the glasses wearing guy said his deck was a combination of other cards and not just one kind, i thought "oh Aichi's gunna beat this guy." I don't see how Aichi is going to use The Knight card's ability in another way. It looks like you can only use it in one way and that's the way Aichi used it.

Feb 26, 2011 1:18 AM

Jul 2009
Mentioning combination, when he said that i thought "Oh, another one of those who have a mix of every type of unit". But still, the ep turned out good.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Feb 26, 2011 2:03 AM

Aug 2009
Shouldn't Alfred be Aichi's main card ? Blaster Blade doesn't have an ability and his attack points are average.
And I want to put some of the things I got so far about Vanguard:
1- Only the main card (one on the green circle on the playing mat) can use drive triggers.
2- After you call a higher level main card, you can call any number of cards that have the same or less level than the main beside it.

I just want to know what happens to the cards you use for triggers ?
Damage triggers go to the damage zone, but what about the Drive triggers ?
do they get added to your hand, or do they go to the Drop zone ?
Feb 26, 2011 2:54 AM
Dec 2009
Game_Master said:

I just want to know what happens to the cards you use for triggers ?
Damage triggers go to the damage zone, but what about the Drive triggers ?
do they get added to your hand, or do they go to the Drop zone ?

Drive triggers get added to your hand. That's why it's almost always a good idea to attack with your vanguard even if that attack will probably fail. You at the least get to draw an extra card (or 2, if your vanguard is grade 3)
Feb 26, 2011 12:14 PM

Jun 2009
Game_Master said:
Shouldn't Alfred be Aichi's main card ? Blaster Blade doesn't have an ability and his attack points are average.

Blaster Blade has a Counter Blast activity he showcased in episode 2 if I recall. I dont remember what ability it is though.

What bugs me about Blaster Blade is how he sometimes appears without Aichi's hair. He looks bald when he doesnt have that blue bang, cause that bang really does suit him. And without it, he really doesnt look like Aichi (meaning that whole "Stand Up, my Avatar!" thing is thrown out the window)
Feb 26, 2011 4:41 PM

Jan 2009
It was another great episode, and it's showing Aichi's growth. Kai mentions his strategies as being typical, but I wonder how exactly you can do anything atypical in Vanguard other than to power up and ram your units...
Feb 26, 2011 11:19 PM

Aug 2010
Heres that ability for Blaster Blade:

"When this Unit is in the Vanguard Circle, the cost is paid. You can select an opponent Rear Guard and have it retreat"

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Blaster_Blade
Feb 27, 2011 10:35 PM

Aug 2010
The ten seconds with Emi best of the ep, oh and shut up Kai...

Jan 10, 2013 4:59 PM
Jan 27, 2013 1:17 AM

Aug 2007
Jeez it bothers me how Aichi always trying to get Kai's attention...so gay
Aug 6, 2016 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
Fun episode! Aichi has grown a lot from the beginning. I like Kai but I wish he'd lighten up a bit. I'm really curious about his backstory, he must have gotten burned by others or something if he avoids people now and seems so cold. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that he's actually pleased with the attention Aichi gives him.. Tsundere for sure lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 9 Discussion

Nanodesu - Mar 4, 2011

10 by ZaneRobie »»
Feb 9, 2023 12:37 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrHatandClogs - Jan 7, 2011

56 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 21, 2023 9:58 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 58 Discussion

vanissa45 - Feb 10, 2012

20 by Zetsumu »»
Sep 27, 2022 4:03 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 4 Discussion

Nanodesu - Jan 28, 2011

24 by SemperKaladin »»
Aug 10, 2022 8:13 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 62 Discussion

vanissa45 - Mar 9, 2012

21 by Gvendoline »»
Apr 7, 2021 6:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.