Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2011 7:12 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Slow episode, but it did have a nice emotional touch in the end.
I guess that sums up all of Witch Hunter Robin, I didn't like this style in the beginning, but with this episode I feel I can somewhat relate-not that I'm a feminine bar owner with a witch son, heh
Mar 10, 2011 10:41 PM

Sep 2009
Possibly one of the better episodes. Character driven instead of action always drives my interest.
Aug 16, 2013 2:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Aw that was sad ;_; This episode kind of shows how people with strange powers can be treated as...Yutaka's father was scared of him, but not without reason because it was scary power. I don't think he even wanted the power himself, and that would be the first we've seen with a witch that didn't want to be one.

Aside from that, Amon and Touko. So they were in a relationship or something, but he just broke it off now...? I wonder what Touko asked Amon and what he answered. It kind of seemed to me it was about Robin or something, since she came into the scene. For some reason, I don't think I'll ever find out.
Feb 7, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2009
Kind of seemed random . . . I'm wondering at this point if there is some central plot or of it is a more episode to episode type of anime . . . I mean so far it is obviously the latter however somehow it feels like it isn't set up to be like that.
May 27, 2014 1:02 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't like it :/

They have this program that would flag someone if he fits Yutaka's description, why didn't they run it when Yutaka came into the cafe? Sure they thought the other person was suspicious but still it's really weird because the main reason they were running that operation was to capture Yutaka. Why would they suddenly stop checking?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 7, 2015 11:16 PM

Jul 2008
So the other guy stabbed him I take it?

Not sure how to feel about this one.
Aug 26, 2016 5:42 PM

Feb 2013
That was a bit sad and very boring.
Jan 8, 2019 12:04 PM

Jun 2008
Pirating_Ninja said:
Kind of seemed random

My thoughts exactly, I understand nothing from this episode. Did I miss anything?

Jan 16, 2019 3:05 AM

Oct 2009
bog standard episode. very boring. i can only watch 1 ep a day of this anime lol. would hate to binge watch it!
Jan 22, 2021 1:36 PM

Aug 2011
Harry's is such a chic cafe *_*
desu desu binches
Jun 23, 2021 1:20 PM

Aug 2017
Those weird pillars (?) in the cafe have water inside them? One shot during Harry's dialogue with Yutaka focused on such a pillar, seemingly for no reason at all.

Robin showed her skin pretty easily for a former nun who always wears tons of clothes. Wouldn't mind a slice-of-life spin-off about "Harry's" haha.

The other guy was a member of mafia, I presume, but whatever he did to Yutaka was unclear. Didn't look like a stab at all. No visual signs on Yutaka's coat either.

Aside from that, Amon and Touko. So they were in a relationship or something, but he just broke it off now...? I wonder what Touko asked Amon and what he answered. It kind of seemed to me it was about Robin or something, since she came into the scene. For some reason, I don't think I'll ever find out.

I think Touko is jealous of Robin. She looked at her suspiciosly when Robin received an early morning call from Amon, so the question in this episode was probably about Robin too.
St0rmbladeJun 23, 2021 1:26 PM
May 25, 2022 4:59 AM

Jan 2020
Between the general atmosphere of this show, replaying Borderlands 3, and everything that is going on in the world; I'm feeling the urge to drink again. Though, I know it's not a wise decision. It seems like it'd feel nice to have a glass of whiskey to sip on while watching this show, though I fear I'd get too drunk and struggle to absorb any of the episodes.. @_@

We've been having a few stories now that don't particularly involve the STN-J. I wish we could focus a little more on Robin. Or, if nothing else, I feel like she should have a more active role in just about everything going on, considering she's supposed to be the main character.

That being said, Harry's story was interesting enough. Most of them have been after all. Though, again, this seems like it could've benefited from being two parts, and giving some more information about the whole situation as well as addressing the "curse."

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 8, 2023 4:19 PM

Aug 2017
I felt bad for Harry, his son seemed like he was involved in a dangerous mafia,
I hope we get some answers later, we need a major antagonist for the series, this mafia could be it.
Oct 4, 2023 1:07 AM

Dec 2022
Liked the sexy outfits Robin and Dojima were wearing here. Definitely the highlight of the episode.

That shady scarf guy might reappear, considering he obviously stabbed Yutaka when he bumped into him in the hallway.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 8, 2023 4:38 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to St0rmblade
Those weird pillars (?) in the cafe have water inside them? One shot during Harry's dialogue with Yutaka focused on such a pillar, seemingly for no reason at all.

Robin showed her skin pretty easily for a former nun who always wears tons of clothes. Wouldn't mind a slice-of-life spin-off about "Harry's" haha.

The other guy was a member of mafia, I presume, but whatever he did to Yutaka was unclear. Didn't look like a stab at all. No visual signs on Yutaka's coat either.

I think Touko is jealous of Robin. She looked at her suspiciosly when Robin received an early morning call from Amon, so the question in this episode was probably about Robin too.
Interesting episode, very melancholic and introspective, but a nice change from the hot witch on witch magic fireslinging of the past episode (not that that's unwelcome or anything, but it's good to see a series that feels like it can be a bit more grown up about things)
St0rmblade said:
One shot during Harry's dialogue with Yutaka focused on such a pillar, seemingly for no reason at all.

I think it's that Yutaka first demonstrated his witch powers by telekinetically smashing the water-tank pillar things, and Harry seemingly has a little of this power also, or at least the inherited potential to exhibit it (hence why the water keeps bubbling as if its being slightly disturbed). I do wonder if he will eventually awaken fully as a witch and become a more serious antagonist later in the series though. Especially with his present closeness to Robin.
commonxreaction said:
Between the general atmosphere of this show, replaying Borderlands 3, and everything that is going on in the world; I'm feeling the urge to drink again. Though, I know it's not a wise decision. It seems like it'd feel nice to have a glass of whiskey to sip on while watching this show, though I fear I'd get too drunk and struggle to absorb any of the episodes.. @_@

I know the feeling man, most of the shows I watched through spring/summer 2020 I was at least partially or totally drunk alone in my room watching. I can't even recall the details of what happened of most of them, so given the whole knock-on effects on my life, it probably wasn't a good thing. Mind you I had to quit due to health trouble, so I can't really say whether or not I feel better for having done so.

Anyway Robin is hot and she needs more fanservice already.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 2 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 1, 2011

16 by ERKEK2000 »»
Apr 10, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 12 Discussion

tingy - Aug 16, 2013

13 by EvantheNerd83 »»
Feb 19, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 26 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 21, 2011

44 by twennyhundy »»
Feb 17, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 7 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 10, 2011

17 by fikriyeager »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 14 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 14, 2011

16 by Ilfracombe »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.