Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 31, 2008 2:33 PM

Dec 2007
My favorite part is that I have more free time when I do not have to work, study, and everything else!
Watch first, decide later!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 3, 2008 5:50 PM

Jun 2008
summer is not here for me yet, i still got 2 weeks of classes... T_T anyways, summer is the time where i spend more time watching anime/ reading manga, since theres not much else to do, and work takes energy... plus I plan on going to anime cons and I got 2 on my list, Fanime (San Jose, CA), and Anime Expo(Los Angeles, CA), though Fanime is already done(it was quite fun) . if anyone is going to AX, ill see you there in July.
"I only have two modes... At war with something, or having sex with it! There is no middle ground." -Colbert

Jun 9, 2008 8:51 AM

Oct 2007
I love having more free time. It means I can do things like practice foreign languages, catch up on my reading, anime and watching films I keep meaning to see. It also means I have more time to work and earn money to pay for anime stuffs so summer is good :)
I love how my summers have gotten waaay longer thanks to going to university. If I'd just gone and gotten a job I'd have no summer :P so there is always a bonus to further education. :P

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Jun 12, 2008 7:16 AM

Apr 2008
More free time, I can read books and watch movies that I otherwise would not have time for. Adding to the fact that I don't work just makes it all the sweeter.

Alucard and Seras

Jun 12, 2008 12:52 PM

Oct 2007
The best part of the summer are beach parties and bonfires <3 No college party/frat can beat drinking with your friends on a beach all night by a bonfire :P

oh, and I also love my summer job as a camp counselor. Over summer my job takes over my life (aside from parties), but i love it.
Jun 12, 2008 11:05 PM

Dec 2007
katsup said:
The best part of the summer are beach parties and bonfires <3 No college party/frat can beat drinking with your friends on a beach all night by a bonfire :P

oh, and I also love my summer job as a camp counselor. Over summer my job takes over my life (aside from parties), but i love it.

I agree and disagree. Back home, we tend to throw some wicked bonfires. Many of my high school friends are country boy and girl type. However, I live in a fraternity and throwing a party there is like having all my best friends around. My school might be a little different because it is somewhat small. We have only six fraternities to start with. (if that helps you to gage size) Also the whole frat party thing might be different since I'm a guy too.
Jun 13, 2008 11:04 PM

Oct 2007
Emoney_1986 said:

I agree and disagree. Back home, we tend to throw some wicked bonfires. Many of my high school friends are country boy and girl type. However, I live in a fraternity and throwing a party there is like having all my best friends around. My school might be a little different because it is somewhat small. We have only six fraternities to start with. (if that helps you to gage size) Also the whole frat party thing might be different since I'm a guy too.

Yeah. Well, in my college the frats are pretty much just like Clubs, including the sketchiness factor. You go there to dance in a crowded room, pretty much. And the lines to get into the frats are annoying as well... Ii'm a small school too.. but since my school is so old (we should have been in the Ivy League) frats are really prominent on campus. We have 4 main frats on campus (aka: part of freshman/sophmore dorm buildings...) but we have a bunch off campus as well. The fact that i'm a girl doesn't help though XD. I feel like if I were a guy i'd love frats.
Jun 13, 2008 11:30 PM

Dec 2007
Ok, that helps me understand a lot better. At my school there usually are not lines unless it a really big registered event with the campus. The other nights people just come over and if they know someone, then they can come in. We have this policy to avoid random people from the community showing up which does happen. We have door duty people too, but they are not our pledges. Everyone on the house is on a big rotation. These people just keep an eye on everything during all the fun. Our fraternity houses are separate from the dormitories. Groups tend to go around campus and stop by multiple houses since you can walk from one end of the campus in somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes. (depending on walking speed, and the direction in which you go)
Jun 18, 2008 8:58 PM

Nov 2006
For me it's no school and seeing all of my friends that I've known since junior high/high school. I love them to death and always miss them during the semester. But I'm a little weird cause as soon as summer starts (and a lot of my friends are busy with work and summer courses so not a lot goes on during the day and sometimes even at night), I always find myself wishing that the fall semester would just come already. It always feels weird coming home from work and not having to sit down at my desk and do homework...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2008 5:32 PM

Dec 2007
For me it would be no school, but this summer is an exception since I had to take horrible summer classes this year. =/ I'm in summer classes and I got friends going on vacation to cool places and just relaxing while I am doing homework. It sucks. :P

I would rather be at a beach. It takes me forever just to write one essay. I have a final paper for my World Music class on a African Music Concert I went to and I have three pages to go. D: I have to work too in July, but work isn't as hard as classes. I'm just an assistant counselor at a camp and I watch kids. It is more fun than usual work. =P
Jul 14, 2008 7:21 PM

Jul 2008
My favorite part of this summer is actually the class I'm taking, History of Anime! sweetness!
Jul 15, 2008 12:16 AM

Jun 2008
lol... I wish I could take a class like that, at least then Ill have some actual interest in the class... most classes are....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... to me
"I only have two modes... At war with something, or having sex with it! There is no middle ground." -Colbert

Jul 18, 2008 9:30 PM

Jul 2008
Gotta say the free time, even though I'm doing an english101 class at my community college I still have tons of time to just sit back and watch anime; since I'm not working currently.

I kind of dread my upcoming move to a bigger university and all the classes that I'm going to have to study for soon -sweatdrop- but I am excited about living in a dorm for the first time.
Jul 19, 2008 12:30 AM

Jun 2008
Noidem said:
Gotta say the free time, even though I'm doing an english101 class at my community college I still have tons of time to just sit back and watch anime; since I'm not working currently.

I kind of dread my upcoming move to a bigger university and all the classes that I'm going to have to study for soon -sweatdrop- but I am excited about living in a dorm for the first time.

well, its going to be a different experience, Im going to a CC for a summer class as of now, but I normally go to Cal-Poly, which is a state university, Ive found that the CC classes are more simple, so yea, when you go to a state college/university, then you will definitely notice the difficulty of the classes rise, but the whole dorm experience is pretty cool, depending on what major you are and where you are going, but I would say its cool. I had a blast in the engineering dorms last year, we had plenty of smash bros tournaments and the like. if the people around you in the dorm are pretty open and friendly youll have a great time. one thing to notice, if you look down the hall in the afternoon and you notice many doors invitingly open, then chances are you will make a bunch of friends.

Jul 31, 2008 7:28 AM
Nov 2007
I hate summer with passion.
Jul 31, 2008 9:05 AM

Dec 2007
CellaMushboon said:
I hate summer with passion.

Whats your favorite time of the year? Wall or Winter?
Jul 31, 2008 9:24 PM
Nov 2007
Autumn/Winter.
Aug 2, 2008 7:38 AM

Dec 2007
CellaMushboon said:
Autumn/Winter.

I must admit that I am more of an Autumn/Winter person too. I used to always say Winter but I think I enjoy Autumn more. The leaves change colors and the temperature drops. However, I feel like the sun is out more.
Aug 2, 2008 8:47 AM
Nov 2007
Yeah ^^ There's that, but also in Australia, the summer is really harsh and days where there's no difference from walking outside than being in a sauna is something I find hard to withstand.
Aug 2, 2008 9:25 AM

Dec 2007
I see, it doesn't get too overwhelmingly hot here. It occasionally gets in to the 90s. I don't like heat much so thats why I like the fall more. Its cooler, but I sort of miss being able to go swimming outside.
Aug 2, 2008 10:58 AM

Jul 2008
No School <--- Class from 1-5
More free time <--------------- TOO MUCH FREE TIME
Work and Money <----------------- Zomg I have no car and can't find a job around where I live T_T
Beach and Sun <--------- Too Hot
Being outside <---------- Too Hot

So yeah I'm not really liking summer at all.

Aug 5, 2008 9:42 AM
Jul 2007
laugh at myself --> one of the two people who selected time to work and make some money. Its not that I love working, but I guess what I do every summer is work full time for three months and then save up half the money I make to take a major trip that winter or the following summer, so there is a good reason behind the work. Plus its nice being able to buy whatev I want/need for at least 4 months out of the year without having to worry about paying for txtbooks and such.
Aug 6, 2008 9:09 AM

Jun 2008
I like no school and more free time. I wish I didn't have to work though and could go back to the old times in elementary school where I'd get up at 8am and be playing outside all day with my friends.
Aug 15, 2008 1:25 AM

Jul 2008
Zelgato said:
I like no school and more free time. I wish I didn't have to work though and could go back to the old times in elementary school where I'd get up at 8am and be playing outside all day with my friends.

lolz.^^
That's my fave part during summer, just daydreaming...haHA.
And lots of thinking...but i just can't get enough of that now..T_T
Theres seems to be so many things to do...for too little a time.
Even I'm deprived of my summer time.XD
Aug 16, 2008 1:10 PM
Aug 2008
Working! thats my favorite part!
Aug 16, 2008 8:59 PM

Oct 2007
Mai summer last tuesday. Now mai summer really begins. I have to go back on the 25th though. >_<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2008 1:13 AM

Jul 2008
Definitely, more free time. After having to study for all those classes, its good to have summer to kick back and do whatever you want.

Oct 11, 2008 10:37 PM

Apr 2008
my summer pretty much sucked....work more work...summer classes....cold lol
Oct 12, 2008 6:53 PM

Jun 2008
Abyssinianrose07 said:
my summer pretty much sucked....work more work...summer classes....cold lol

cold? what?

Oct 13, 2008 8:18 AM

Jul 2008
Summer sucks... Once you get in that 'ahh blow everything' mood it takes too much time to snap out of it...

Oct 29, 2008 11:40 PM
Nov 2007
@ kielus -- hehe too right there :3
Nov 2, 2008 3:51 PM

Jul 2008
Same here, more of an Autumn person, don't really like Spring and moderately Winter. But i clearly dislike Summer.... *sigh*
Nov 2, 2008 11:46 PM
Nov 2007
o.0 we like the same seasons
Blah, right now its Spring in Australia, and I get moderate hay-fever. Oh my eyes and nose T^T Where's my Telfast tablets
Nov 14, 2008 12:50 PM

Jul 2008
The lack of commitments is the best thing about summer. I get to catch up on some anime watching, so that ain't too bad either.
Nov 22, 2008 8:24 PM
May 2008
I usually enjoy the time off when I don't need to worry about studying. Getting a job also helps out. ^^
Jan 11, 2009 1:40 AM

Nov 2008
i kinda want to pick all of the above well since there's none
except for the working 'coz i don't really get to do that
i wish i can though
(wishing really hard)
i had to choose only one
^_^
Aug 10, 2009 7:18 PM

Feb 2008
Ahhhh mine is being able to kick back and catch on the anime i've been setting back x) and being able to hang-out with my friends more~
Sep 23, 2009 9:57 PM

Jun 2009
to me, it's just having fun! ^_^
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
May 16, 2013 8:26 PM
Sep 2010
All I try to do in the Summer is this

Play Basketball
Play Video Games
Watch Tv/Anime
Garden
Hang with friends

Thats it nice and simple, which is jjust the way I like it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Your College and Major? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kin-chan - Jun 16, 2008

413 by removed-user »»
Dec 5, 2019 12:45 AM

» How has anime/manga influenced your studies and/or college experience?

Ame_Avalon - Jun 17, 2011

8 by GodTierTaster »»
Feb 15, 2016 5:07 AM

Poll: » How much studying do you do? ( 1 2 )

elc1247 - Jul 12, 2008

57 by FlameFr0st »»
Nov 5, 2015 6:32 AM

» The College Experiance

PandaPuff - Jul 28, 2008

40 by mtvrdx »»
Apr 15, 2015 9:58 AM

Poll: » Summer Classes

Yokihana - Apr 9, 2009

23 by yuekehai »»
Jul 28, 2013 7:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.