Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 20, 2010 8:43 AM

Dec 2007
I know vampires in RL and they're worse than those in Twilight.
Dec 20, 2010 3:04 PM
Dec 2010
Wow why the hating? lol Twilight series is so good. I so can't wait fro the release of the New Dawn in 2012. It is not a girls thing and Vampires haven't lost their threatening nature one bit. Even during the course of Twilight their nature was still proclaimed as beasts and don't-dare-these ones. Vampire Knight also showed them to be superior and fearful. Romance was just added to it. What about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Moonlight and Vampire Diaries? What is irritating for me was just Vampire Sucks it can't bear to watch it. It is degrading.
[/url]
Dec 20, 2010 3:08 PM
Dec 2010
Kipcha said:
Hias said:
Nah, Vampires in particular have always been pretty lame.

That about sums up my thoughts as well. They were never the scariest or most threatening, or even most interesting.

Werewolves and Dragons FTW!

Werewolves are cool too. Got that after watching Underground from part 1-3
[/url]
Dec 20, 2010 3:18 PM
Dec 2010
For me i think its okay, it depends from the angle you looking at the whole movie. the actors might be quite irritating real life but the characters are okay.
[/url]
Dec 20, 2010 4:34 PM
Aug 2007
AdeNike said:
Wow why the hating? lol Twilight series is so good. I so can't wait fro the release of the New Dawn in 2012. It is not a girls thing and Vampires haven't lost their threatening nature one bit. Even during the course of Twilight their nature was still proclaimed as beasts and don't-dare-these ones. Vampire Knight also showed them to be superior and fearful. Romance was just added to it. What about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Moonlight and Vampire Diaries? What is irritating for me was just Vampire Sucks it can't bear to watch it. It is degrading.

No, Twilight sucks. It's offensive in how bad it is. And other than Buffy, those other shows suck too.

/kanyeshrug/
Dec 20, 2010 7:34 PM

Aug 2007
AdeNike said:
For me i think its okay, it depends from the angle you looking at the whole movie. the actors might be quite irritating real life but the characters are okay.

I've already been over how the characters are crap.
Dec 20, 2010 8:43 PM

Jun 2010
the_seventh_l said:
AdeNike said:

No, Twilight sucks. It's offensive in how bad it is. And other than Buffy, those other shows suck too.

/kanyeshrug/

Sweet Buffy comparison XD
Dec 20, 2010 10:04 PM

Jan 2009
I'm throwing in my two cents worth.

I read Twilight and New Moon, BEFORE the crazy rabid fangirls got their horny, romantic hands on it. Even then I believe the book to be poorly written and, at the time I didn't know this was in fact true, believed it to be the authors own wet dream put to paper. If the crazy rabid fangirls wasn't a good enough reason for me to avoid the series like the plague then the notion that I'm reading someones wet dream is down right sickening. Now thankfully the one good thing about this series was that it wasn't written like a fanfic, like another series, I now don't care for. However Bella's a whiny emotional, please show me pity, weak character. Edward is a weak character, and a fairy with a sun allergy. Jacob, while he may have been my favorite character back when I could stomach the books, is also weak. Heck Jacob isn't even a werewolf, he's a damn shapeshifter, while still cool, get your facts straight Meyer, and don't confuse the poor minds of our romantically depressed teenage girl population. So that in itself could entail it to be a darn fanfic. And while fanfics can be great, they don't need to be published.

So yes, Twilight has ruined the image of Vampires. I don't want a vampire who sparkles. I want one who will burn in sunlight and can kick ass. Yet remain dreamy.

My parting thoughts:
Fact: Twilight=A severe epidemic that has hit our romantically depressed teenage girls.
stormcaitDec 20, 2010 10:07 PM
Dec 20, 2010 10:18 PM
Mar 2010
I always thought vampires were silly, and I still do.
Dec 20, 2010 11:41 PM
Nov 2009
I don't see how Twilight has ruined the image of vampires. Different authors/directors have had different interpretations of vampires throughout the years, and Twilight just another of those :) It's not as though the people who read Twilight think that Meyer's are the only kind of vampires, and instantly assume that all vampires are the same :) And even if they did, what would it matter? It's just people's opinions. It doesn't effect how we enjoy the vampire books/movies that we read/see :)

I do not believe that a book can be inherently "good" or "bad", it is entirely subjective. If Twilight brings joy to it's fans, and they aren't doing anyone any harm, is it so terrible? :) I understand that some Twilight fans do harm others (wasn't there a story a little while ago about a girl who threw acid in her classmates face because she didn't like Twilight?), but 'ya get crazies in any group, that comes down to the individual more than the book :)
Dec 21, 2010 12:17 AM

Apr 2009
DON'T ever associate vampires and romance, those two things should never have existed.
The only good vampire-esque thing is HELLSING XD
Dec 21, 2010 1:32 AM
Dec 2010
Lilah said:
I don't see how Twilight has ruined the image of vampires. Different authors/directors have had different interpretations of vampires throughout the years, and Twilight just another of those :) It's not as though the people who read Twilight think that Meyer's are the only kind of vampires, and instantly assume that all vampires are the same :) And even if they did, what would it matter? It's just people's opinions. It doesn't effect how we enjoy the vampire books/movies that we read/see :)

I do not believe that a book can be inherently "good" or "bad", it is entirely subjective. If Twilight brings joy to it's fans, and they aren't doing anyone any harm, is it so terrible? :) I understand that some Twilight fans do harm others (wasn't there a story a little while ago about a girl who threw acid in her classmates face because she didn't like Twilight?), but 'ya get crazies in any group, that comes down to the individual more than the book :)

At last someone is seeing reason somewhere. Some people can be stupid to do some silly things as to throw acid and all.
[/url]
Dec 21, 2010 2:03 AM
Dec 21, 2010 7:14 AM

Dec 2007
Open your eyes. Sensitive vampires and romance have been around for a LONG time. Bunch of writers do that stuff.
Dec 21, 2010 8:06 AM

Aug 2007
AdeNike said:
this is one of the craziest forum have been to so far.

For not liking Twilight?
Dec 21, 2010 4:50 PM

Aug 2008
I hate Twilight with a bloody passion. I could rant about it for two days straight; because that's how much error and horrible written literature it has. If Stephenie Meyer decides to write another book; I hope she thinks twice and pulls an Editor at her side.

Do the TwiHards even think of Meyer at all? I mean, it's all about just Edward and Bella's "love" but does anyone even think of the person who made it? And that's why I despise Twilight; the fans do not see reality when it's front of them.
Dec 21, 2010 10:44 PM

Apr 2009
xxharuhiismxx said:
I hate Twilight with a bloody passion. I could rant about it for two days straight; because that's how much error and horrible written literature it has. If Stephenie Meyer decides to write another book; I hope she thinks twice and pulls an Editor at her side.

Do the TwiHards even think of Meyer at all? I mean, it's all about just Edward and Bella's "love" but does anyone even think of the person who made it? And that's why I despise Twilight; the fans do not see reality when it's front of them.

I'll have to agree. As Lemony Snicket, the one who wrote the 'A Series of Unfortunate Events', says, "Sometimes, when you are reading a book you are enjoying very much, you begin thinking so hard about the characters and the story that you might forget all about the author, even if he is in grave danger and would very much appreciate your help."

In my oppinion, the 'Twihard Fans' ruined Twilight. I know that somehow its addicting but look at the dark side, they only like Robert Pattinson, well most girls do (with a diabolical laugh inserted here..), that they forgot what the story is really about. Sure that all authors can have different ideas but don't you think its gonna make others forget what ''A Vampire Really Is?".
rawrandomDec 21, 2010 10:52 PM
Dec 21, 2010 11:42 PM
Nov 2009
xxharuhiismxx said:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, sorry, so apologies if I misrepresent your point. Do you mean that Twihards sometimes get so wrapped up in the story that we forget to consider the quality of the literature? :)

If so, I wonder if you would consider this; different people appreciate different books, and even those who like the same book may like it for different reasons. So I'm sure you can accept that while Twilight may be poor quality literature, that doesn't make it a bad book, it just means that those who prefer quality literature are less likely to enjoy it :) Personally, I don't much care about the quality of the literature, as long as it is written at least at the level of extremely good fanfiction, I don't really mind :) I care about the world/setting in which the story is based, the themes, story, and characters :)

So the fact that some Twilight readers do not particularly care about the quality of the writing, does not mean we are ignorant of the fact that it is poorly written, if that makes sense :)
Dec 22, 2010 12:32 AM

Jul 2008
theres only one decent vampire and thats alucard from hellsing...

im not a fan of vampires but it is a shame to see vampires like the old dracula movies, now being shown as a bunch of over-righteous homosexual (-like) emotional pussies...

i dont know why but it seems like anything dealing with a vampire is now somehow geared towards women... making the whole thing seem gay... look at twilight, obviously geared towards women (with all the romance)

looking at vampire knight, another vampire show geared toward women... as a man, for me, this was a very difficult show for me to finish

There are other vampire movies/show that are out now that are regrettable after watching, but im done with ranting...

to sum it up, i dont want to hate on these types of vampire shows/movies, but with every vampire movie thats coming out now, its downgrading the good vampire shows/movies like hellsing and dracula...
Dec 22, 2010 10:22 AM

Dec 2007
I feel insulted when they call these types of characters homosexual-ish.
Dec 22, 2010 1:46 PM

Jul 2009
I am not fan of the series so I keep bashing it,XD.Not like constantly cause I got better things to do,just enough to annoy friends that like it.
Well the Vampires and their sparkling are no different that prince charming,so why bother calling them vampires?It's supposed vampires are fearsome and cruel creatures,not all starry sparkling.Personally I am disappointed in the way the vampires in that series are depicted,sure I am fine with different vampire version but I think some things shouldn't change.
Dec 22, 2010 10:28 PM

Jul 2008
Dec 23, 2010 2:47 AM

Sep 2009
Lilah said:
I don't see how Twilight has ruined the image of vampires.

Now imagine saying "I like vampires." to someone. What would be the first impression they get? It's either "OMG this is some fucking twilight emo fag" or "OMG this is some retarded twilight fan girl". If you said something like "I like zombies" that would be pretty neutral, since no-one has made sparkling zombie romance.

This is basically the problem. Twilight was so over the place that nowadays first thing that pops to your mind when you hear word "vampire" is fag. That wasn't the case before Twilight.
Dec 23, 2010 3:07 AM

Aug 2009
I've not watched or read any twilight movies and books. I've been refraining from them as all opinions I've got about it irl are along the lines of "too girlish" and "emo". But I'd like to say I do feel irked whenever I see some vampire acting soft and fluffy and cute and stuff, like the one scene in Shiki where the newly baptized vampire could not bring himself to suck his closest friend. Luckily, that vampire was eventually overcame with hunger and chose the right thing to do.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Dec 23, 2010 6:06 AM

Dec 2010
wesley snipes should be in the next movie. That would teach them.

Also has anyone noticed a distinct rise in the number of males walking around with the same haircut as that male vampire guy, the frowning broody one who should be burnt at a pyre.
Heads I win. Tails you lose.
Dec 23, 2010 5:57 PM
Nov 2009
AliceWillDec 25, 2010 2:21 PM
Dec 23, 2010 9:58 PM

May 2008
I think it's been a while since any cliché like vampires could be taken seriously. Plenty of books/movies/etc before twilight beat the vampire thing to death. Same with zombies or witches or whatever.

I was going to read posts until I realized this thread is 15 pages long. Why is this thread 15 pages long?
Dec 25, 2010 11:20 AM

Oct 2008
I completely agree. Vampires are evil, they do not just glow/glisten in sunlight (they BURN!), they have no mirror reflection, and since when did they have some conflict with werewolves?!

I watched Eclipse with some girls from my class at the movies, and I couldn't help but comment... people around me seemed pretty offended. Woops...
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!
Dec 25, 2010 3:31 PM

Dec 2010
i have not seen a singel one of the movies but i wanted to cut my eyes out when i saw that they sparkle in the sun that i saw in a clip!!

and that gay/emo bullshit *sigh*
Dec 25, 2010 6:15 PM

Sep 2009
hikky said:
I think it's been a while since any cliché like vampires could be taken seriously. Plenty of books/movies/etc before twilight beat the vampire thing to death. Same with zombies or witches or whatever.

I was going to read posts until I realized this thread is 15 pages long. Why is this thread 15 pages long?

Because people bash, and I like to bash people who bash.

Bissen said:
I completely agree. Vampires are evil, they do not just glow/glisten in sunlight (they BURN!), they have no mirror reflection, and since when did they have some conflict with werewolves?!

I watched Eclipse with some girls from my class at the movies, and I couldn't help but comment... people around me seemed pretty offended. Woops...

Underworld did it first.
And what you have said as being a vampire have long been shot to death in other media.

Mirraz said:
DON'T ever associate vampires and romance, those two things should never have existed.
The only good vampire-esque thing is HELLSING XD

Most of the high caliber vampire stories have involved romance or love in some degree.

Drunk_Samurai said:
AdeNike said:

I've already been over how the characters are crap.

And I will again ask you to explain how they are crap.

After you go and read the books to actually have an opinion on what you are talking about of course.
Anyone who thinks they can form an opinion on something they haven't ever read or watched is a tad mundane.

Lightyear8684 said:
Edward was gay looking vampire, so gay...Anyways, as someone said it is pure fan service, vampired should be scary, not gay.Maybe if director would have chosen different actors it wouldn't have ended that gay bad and it wouldn't taint true vampires image?

Anne Rice already made vampires Gay.
Literally the same year Smeyer was born.

Besides which both the actor and the character are far to heterosexual to be gay. You would know this if you....read before bashing.

IDex said:
Lilah said:
I don't see how Twilight has ruined the image of vampires.

Now imagine saying "I like vampires." to someone. What would be the first impression they get? It's either "OMG this is some fucking twilight emo fag" or "OMG this is some retarded twilight fan girl". If you said something like "I like zombies" that would be pretty neutral, since no-one has made sparkling zombie romance.

This is basically the problem. Twilight was so over the place that nowadays first thing that pops to your mind when you hear word "vampire" is fag. That wasn't the case before Twilight.

I would argue zombies are shit on just as much if not more then Vampires by elitist masses who have the "Correct" and "better" zombies then all the other "Shit" zombies.

Have you seen a zombie argument trhese days? They aren't called the new Vampire JUST because they are popular.

Akachi_Tem said:
I am not fan of the series so I keep bashing it,XD.Not like constantly cause I got better things to do,just enough to annoy friends that like it.
Well the Vampires and their sparkling are no different that prince charming,so why bother calling them vampires?It's supposed vampires are fearsome and cruel creatures,not all starry sparkling.Personally I am disappointed in the way the vampires in that series are depicted,sure I am fine with different vampire version but I think some things shouldn't change.

Perhaps if you actually read or watched the books / movies you would know that the "Pussy" vampires aren't the only vampires on the block.

The nastier vampires in the series have done some stuff that would make some older vampires takes a step back on.

Sonic_Moronic said:
I feel insulted when they call these types of characters homosexual-ish.

When in need of an insult that shows you don't know what you are talking about, go for the gay!

Lilah said:

That "story" has never had a single shred of credible evidence put forth.
The rabbid anti Twilight fans can be just as bad if not worse then the fans.
-laughs-

But yes.
My philosophy...
If people like it...Good for them.
If you have a problem with someone liking something. Seek some fucking help.
-laughs-
Dec 27, 2010 1:36 AM

Aug 2009
Twilight blows ass.

However, it's easy to see that it was intended to teenage girls, which is pretty much the only reason it sells. I was never really into vampires and didn't view them as anything special.
Dec 29, 2010 11:32 PM

Dec 2010
Because of Twilight, traditional vampires which cannot survive sunlight, crosses, silver bullets, wooden stakes, garlic, etc. slowly disappear in mainstream popular culture. Now, many identify vampire as creatures that sparkles and can survive daylight despite not being a vampire-human hybrid.

Worse is that Twilight had literally twisted the vampire genre, now its all about love triangle about some idiot girl, a sparkling vampire and some werewolf.
"My solution to the problem would be to tell frankly that they've got to draw in their horns and stop their aggression or we're going to bomb them into the stone age." - General Curtis E. LeMay
Dec 29, 2010 11:37 PM

Jun 2009
God DAMN. Why. Won't. This. Thread! Fucking!! DIE!!!?
Dec 30, 2010 12:53 AM

Sep 2009
DrHouse said:
God DAMN. Why. Won't. This. Thread! Fucking!! DIE!!!?

God. DAMN. Why. Won't. People. Shut. Up. About. Threads. They. Don't. Like. And. Just! Not Fucking !! POST!!!?

Vernichtung said:
Because of Twilight, traditional vampires which cannot survive sunlight, crosses, silver bullets, wooden stakes, garlic, etc. slowly disappear in mainstream popular culture. Now, many identify vampire as creatures that sparkles and can survive daylight despite not being a vampire-human hybrid.

Worse is that Twilight had literally twisted the vampire genre, now its all about love triangle about some idiot girl, a sparkling vampire and some werewolf.

Hon, what you are saying is mostly BS.

Twilight didn't do any of that, the genre was long since expanding. Twilight just brought the fact the genre isn't one faced anymore to public eye.

And....There are still loads and loads of "Real" vampires in media. The Vampires from the Dresden Files, the vampires from True Blood
Dec 30, 2010 1:07 AM

Jun 2009
Sabinlerose said:
Twilight didn't do any of that, the genre was long since expanding. Twilight just brought the fact the genre isn't one faced anymore to public eye.
No, Twilight showed everyone that vampires are only for emotionally insecure tweenage girls and emos.
Dec 30, 2010 9:36 AM

Sep 2009
DrHouse said:
Sabinlerose said:
No, Twilight showed everyone that vampires are only for emotionally insecure tweenage girls and emos.

How so?

Anne Rice has been writting books since the year Smeyer was born.
Her books involve emo vampires.

The Vampire Diaries are books involving "emo" vampires. They have been around longer then Twilight.

Hell, back when I was in early High School...All the emos and goths liked vampires despite Twilight existing.

Are you telling me Twilight had some sort of super power to be able to influence things before it was created, and while the author was only a year old?
Jan 1, 2011 1:01 AM

Jul 2008
In the 90s emos and goths aren't as numerous as they are today, hence Twilight's harmful effects on society becoming more apparent that other books.

Here's a thought: Think about Kaichou wa Maid-Sama!, then make Usui a vampire and Shintani a werewolf. But keep (most) of the plot intact. Suddenly it's a vampire story? No it isn't. It's still a romance story, just so happens the characters are vampires and werewolves, but those facts are essentially secondary.

The issue here with Twilight and the like is that they are romance/emo novels FIRST AND FOREMOST. And then the added flavor of vampires and/or werewolves. Which is very different from the novel Dracula, and in films very different from Underworld. In the Underworld series' case, there's some romance yet but they're NOT romance movies first and foremost; they're still about the vampire-werewolf conflict AND then there's romance involved. The prioritization is significant. That's what separates Twilight and the like from genuine vampire novels. Twilight and it's sequels are romance novels that just happen to have supernatural characters in it.
Jan 1, 2011 9:36 PM

Feb 2010
Wow, I agree with everything you said.♥_♥
Jan 3, 2011 8:44 AM

Feb 2009
I don't dislike most vampire stories / vampires because of Twilight. I never really found them interesting in the first place. To me, Twilight has ruined nothing but the word 'twilight', which I find very beautiful.
wanna be the biggest dreamer✩
Jan 5, 2011 5:49 AM

Dec 2010
i hate Twilight...even it is a big hit...it's really a deep gash in the Vampire's image...
i was never scared of them..and now i think that i am never gonna be scared of them!!!!!
Jan 5, 2011 6:43 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, people still fighting about this...

My views haven't changed, Twilight is a crappy book with no critical acclaim, the movies have bad actors, and the Vampire image has taken a beating.

However, Twilight doesn't deserve all the blame, they're just the most notable.

Blaming Twilight for ruining the vampire's image is like blaming BEIBER for ruining pop music.

Although it does deserve blame, it is not the only reason why...
Jan 6, 2011 12:01 AM

Dec 2010
haha! I hate Beiber too!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.